Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Townies! - Disable accessories for random!? Should EA do this?

13...Next

Comments

• KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes, please. I can very well decide on my own if I want a Sim to wear hats, glasses, socks, necklaces and the like.
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Good grief yes! I've taken care of the problem on my own using mods, but for everyone else who can't or doesn't want to use mods, I vote a strong YES!
    @FatTribble23
    If you don't mind, which mods do you use?

This is awkward. The mod I use is not in itself in any way adult, but it's hosted on an adult (Sims) website, so I'm pretty sure I can't give too much info, especially a link. If you accept DMs, I can DM you more information.
    @FatTribble23
    Sure, I'm open to DM's, and might already have an idea of which mod you mean, though I'd prefer clarification, if it's not a bother.
    83bienchen wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    Good grief yes! I've taken care of the problem on my own using mods, but for everyone else who can't or doesn't want to use mods, I vote a strong YES!
    @FatTribble23
    If you don't mind, which mods do you use?

I do also have a mod available to fix this. It's getting bigger with every single pack, though.
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/outfit-mods-outfit-mods/ (lessrandomhatsandaccessories and, if you want to go further, also situationsoutfitsbegone and roleoutfitsdisabledbychoice)
    @83bienchen
    I have situationoutfitsbegone (though only base and costume module), and I'm fine without the latter, but I'd been avoiding lessrandomhatsandaccessories due to the sheer number of items and packages I'd seen in it some time ago. Still, I'll look at it again, but I'm really hoping for something less modular, but still customisable. Worst case, I'll look into blacklisting through MCCC.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    Yes, please. I can very well decide on my own if I want a Sim to wear hats, glasses, socks, necklaces and the like.
    @KyreRoen:

I completely understand, though less modular and still customisable contradict each other a bit. Keeping the packages seperate is the only way people can simply delete any CAS item of the mod they want their Sims to still wear randomly.

Modular mods are a hassle for the creator as well, but the community is diverse and so are their preferences. I'm getting so many requests for offering different versions of mods that have not (yet) been split up.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    Once a game hits a certain amount of assets, devs should take care of things and make sure there is no excessive usage of accessories when game creates new sims. It shouldn't be that hard to do. No one wants them to disable it completely, just a tune would be fine. The issue is they have bigger things to worry about therefore players are always left with 40374 small annoyances that together are more game breaking than just a couple of serious "big" bugs.
  • JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    I would be OK with accessories if they were capped at some limit - like each townie had a 90% chance of none, an 8% chance of 1, and a 2% chance of 2.

Instead they either seem to have none, or a huge pile of as many as the system can stack on to them.

I'm a bit worried that once the new nail polish system goes live, this will just get ramped up to another level of extreme.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    No, I like my townies being spawned with accessories.
    Well now that is a great idea @Jyotai .
    As Coco Chanel said, before you leave the house, look in the mirror and take one thing off...

• FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    > @Peppers said:
    > Not a bad idea but the main issue in my opinion is the random and mismatching clothing. Why wear a coconut bra when you visit the vet in Brindleton Bay? Makes no sense and looks very unrealistic. I am really hoping after the Spa Day update that not every townie (children, grandmas, grandpas, whoever) will run around with colorful claws. I think this would really annoy me.

i hate to break the news if you havent heard but the update made townies worse it looks like, idk if its just cause its not a new save its from around cottage living updates but my townies that ive created are now showing up with bugged outfits.. itll be a different outfit than i gave them but if i go into cas or check outfits in game, its not there.. kinda irritated
  • phantasmkissphantasmkiss Posts: 1,520 Member
    Other
    I think a decent solution would be to auto-populate Sims with choices from the pre-made outfits. Random color, random style, but already a functional outfit.
    4TJdLHA.png
    Tumblr | Sims 4 Gallery | Sims 3 Page
    Baby Darling: My 100 Baby Challenge | Generation 1 | Donors 10 | Adult Children 8 | First Post | Most Recent
    Give Me a Story, I'll Give You a Build | The Bunker Challenge | CowplantSports
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    FarmerJei wrote: »
    i hate to break the news if you havent heard but the update made townies worse it looks like, idk if its just cause its not a new save its from around cottage living updates but my townies that ive created are now showing up with bugged outfits.. itll be a different outfit than i gave them but if i go into cas or check outfits in game, its not there.. kinda irritated

I am also playing an older save, but did not have the issue with bugged outfits after the update. If you are using mods, maybe not all are up to date? Or your save file got corrupted? Have you tried repairing your game?

• ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    It only annoys me because when I go into CAS to quickly make a sim for whatever reason I have to remove all the crazy jewelry from each outfit category. Seriously, sometimes it looks like they just robbed a jewelry store for clowns.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    I simply would love the option to completely stop randomly generated sims to pop in my game altogether.

They're vestigial now, after so many packs anyways, as we have many premade townies, much more resident sims, and the gallery to boot.

Btw, TYVM, Bienchen, for your townielessfameoverhaul mod, that keeps them to a reasonable enough number so I can delete them every other day without wasting too much time.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I wouldn't mind it so much if it made sense. Why would a sim who doesn't have earrings in all the outfits categories have them in sleepwear?
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    I said yes, because the hats and turbans bother me. Jewelry doesn’t matter much…… sometimes the socks are atrocious though. But when it comes right down to it I can always go in and change them if it’s not a bug. I’m really more interested in them fixing the gardening bug where my plants turn to dirt piles.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I said yes, because the hats and turbans bother me. Jewelry doesn’t matter much…… sometimes the socks are atrocious though. But when it comes right down to it I can always go in and change them if it’s not a bug. I’m really more interested in them fixing the gardening bug where my plants turn to dirt piles.

I really hate the turbans, they’re so fancy and they look awful with random cold weather gear. I also hate the thing where sims decide to have three or four different piercings with an outfit.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,878 Member
    No, I like my townies being spawned with accessories.
    @SheriSim57 @QueenMercy agree- I wish the religious items (turbans and hijab) would either be on for all outfits except sleepwear or off for all outfits. Or just disabled for random, so that only our own sims or thoughtfully created premades like Raj Rasoya use them. Those aren't fashion accessories that you add or remove from an outfit at whim.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Yes... They will still miss-match other clothes, even if its just patterns, but it just wouldn't be so glaring if there were less possibilities.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    If the random assignment of accessories made sense most of the time I would not mind, but since it almost always looks horrid I would rather decide and assign these myself.
  • CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I would be ok with the generation of accessories if they limited how much, some are so bling'd up it's ridiculous!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Nix it.
    It's bad enough with all the bad combinations, but also CC often use accessories categories and makes things worse.
    A lot of my CC are unique items specialized for particular sims. It doesn't belong on just anyone.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    Never gonna happen. People (including myself, often) have been complaining about this sort of thing forever. Like random outfit changes. I have 6 mods with lines and lines of tuning I've modified to fight this kind of behavior, and every game more of it shows up. I even made a guy called Maxis Max who lives in my town, wearing every possible accessory and silly clothes item I could pile on as a loving tribute. It's just another reason I also made mods to keep random townies to a minimum (or not at all).

BTW, one place you can really see this is on warm and cold weather outfits for pre-made sims that come in the game (the ones who come in packs from before Seasons). Instead of taking the time and going in and permanently adding those outfits in a way that makes sense, they are randomly generated every new game. So families like the Goths wear something stupid, and tend to sport nose rings and glasses even if they don't normally do so.
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    it annoys meeeee
  • absolvo_catabsolvo_cat Posts: 7 New Member
    Yes, please. Especially if you have CC, it somehow just decides that this townie needs every single option of piercing available. I mean, sure, you do you if you like piercing, but having the majority of townies wear double nose rings doesn't look realistic to me.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Totally agree.

Worst thing I see is when my sim is NOT using glasses, but the game suggested that s/he uses glasses with sleepwear... WHO wear glasses in their sleep if NOT using glasses when they are awake??? To see their dreams clearer, or what?

I'd also wish we could set STYLE per sim in CAS, not only per clothing alternative. I don't know any person who prefers PREPPY full outfits, CLASSY ops and BOHO bottoms. One option to affect all categories would be nice.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg