Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How satisfied are you with the Spa Day refresh?

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    Completely satisfied. Theyve done an excellent job!
    It's hard to say without experiencing it for myself. It looks very impressive though, I am quite happy with what I have seen is coming.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Rarely do I say this with Sims 4 but the refresh is perfect Spa Day now feels complete it could easily be a pack in older Sims games as it actually feels finished now. Hopefully they continue this with some amazing themes of the past that fell flat like Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Dine Out and Island Living.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I didn't have any expectations for the Spa Day refresh and they definitely impressed me with how much they added, so I can already say that I'm satisfied.

I never wished for nails or face masks, but some of my sims will use them and face masks looked fun in the stream. Including kids more is something I wished for, so I'm happy about that. The cucumber snack and drink looked fun. A new trait is cool, though I still don't know how it works, but it looked promising, and the new aspirations are definitely welcome. The items were also good. Yeah, I'm satisfied and I doubt anything can change that.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    It's much more better than I was expected. They could add also that "saunas" and oxygen bar form TS1 Superstar, but I'm still very happy. One of the best Game Packs is becoming definitely the best today:

PressRelease1_Spa.jpg
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I voted completely satisfied based on what we've seen in the trailer. I'm amazed they've done so much with such an old pack. They've set the bar pretty high for any future refreshes.

I'm a little surprised they didn't ask us to spend money for this.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    It's much more better than I was expected. They could add also that "saunas" and oxygen bar form TS1 Superstar, but I'm still very happy. One of the best Game Packs is becoming definitely the best today:

We have a sauna in Spa Day. Wonder if the hot springs from Snowy Escape would work.
  • Options
    MelisendreMelisendre Posts: 195 Member
    Improvements shouldve have been different or not enough made
    I'm dissapointed. I really was looking forward to the new aspirations but they are so boring. I don't know the correct goal but what is the sense of "Do 40 wellness activities" or something like that. 3 aspirations and every with only one step. It sounds more than it is. Is it really so difficult to create interesting aspirations?
    The other stuff is nice but not so important for me. New content gives me the inspiration for new gameplay ideas but this refresh doesn't. It is ok, because it is for free and I didn't expected more. But I expected more interesting content for my way to play.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »

PressRelease1_Spa.jpg

I don't recall those booths they are sitting in!!! What! lol

I am super satisfied. They did MORE than I could have expected if they ever could "upgrade" a pack. I wish they'd call them upgrades. Refresh was cute for this pack slogan, but this is an upgrade!

The things I wished I could do in this pack I now can, but with even more freedom than I thought. I think more gameplay objects that do not rely on a lot or lot type are best suited for our game so we can maximize multi-use lots as the game grows and content does too. There are lots that get very little use because they're limited but you could design it to be multi-functional if the stuff worked. This helps us do that in 3 different areas and this is awesome!
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    The pack looks awesome! The only thing is that there seems to be a bug. I sure hope it wasn’t by design. Sims still wear their shoes while doing yoga. I’ve seen others with that happening, so it must be an issue.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    This update is great in my opinion. I always felt neutral towards Spa Day, sometimes I liked to have it and sometimes didn’t care. But now when it’s possible to create a sim whose whole life is circling around wellness and even earn money from it, this pack became pretty essential to my game. Also I always love when they add new activities and CAS/BB items. There is one set of sharp nails in sort of brown-grayish color that made amazing, naturally looking claws for my male vampire. I do hope tough that the glitch where colors from certain set of nails are “bleeding” into clothes will be fixed. It was reported already so there is a hope. I used those that weren’t affected, but it did limited nails I could consider in general.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I love everything so far, great stuff! I do wish they had improved some of the hair textures though...
  • Options
    GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    Feeling neutral. Neither very good improvement nor very bad
    I love what they added, it's just a shame that the nails are glitching with the cloths. They really need to test it better before releasing it.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    After playing with it today I can say that I am very satisfied with it. My sims had a wonderful time visiting the spa and it felt like there was so much for them to do. My only complaint would be that the nails could do with more swatches, there isn't enough colour choices available.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    After playing with it today I can say that I am very satisfied with it. My sims had a wonderful time visiting the spa and it felt like there was so much for them to do. My only complaint would be that the nails could do with more swatches, there isn't enough colour choices available.

I agree about the more swatches. We need french nails, neon nails, halloween nails and christmas nails. We also need a better and easier way to preview the swatches.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm liking the idea of the developers going back to refresh older packs, I thought they done a great job with Spa day, being able to get your nails done and face mask away from the bath, I wouldn't say Spa day was an awful pack to began with, it's nice they added more traits etc aswell

In the future I'd like them to refresh outdoor retreat and get to work
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Bravo Devs, keep refreshing the Game Packs.. ;)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2021
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Rarely do I say this with Sims 4 but the refresh is perfect Spa Day now feels complete it could easily be a pack in older Sims games as it actually feels finished now. Hopefully they continue this with some amazing themes of the past that fell flat like Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, Dine Out and Island Living.

And Get Famous with some beach lots!
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    I think what they added was good but I would of liked an official career. My thinking is a freelancer career. I understand why they didn't since it may of taken more time to develope and being able to just set up shop anywhere anytime does make it flexible but I still would of liked something official instead of me pretending.

Now to a issue that everyone is talking about. The nail issues. Personally I don't blame them for not noticing. It not a huge amount of content is the nails textures overlap. Should of they of done more testing. Yeah but does it need to be made in to a big of an issue as a lot of players are making? No.

Overall do better sims team and be more watchful and us players let's not jump on their back every chance we get.
  • Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    @VentusMatt I have to agree about the nails there. While I still think they could have been more careful to make sure that all of them were working right and not just 3 styles, the bug is also very easy to miss and the nails work with most of the clothes. With as many CAS items there are, that's a few hours of testing right there.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited September 2021
    @VentusMatt I have to agree about the nails there. While I still think they could have been more careful to make sure that all of them were working right and not just 3 styles, the bug is also very easy to miss and the nails work with most of the clothes. With as many CAS items there are, that's a few hours of testing right there.

To speak more on it. I think they made the textures for the nails bigger then they needed to be. Now I haven't actually gone into thesims4studio to check and see how large the textures are for the nails but seeing how much area get's affected for the items that are affected I it looks like so. The nails are so small that personally I don't think they need to be as details or clean.
  • Options
    DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    edited September 2021
    I'm globally satisfied, but... forgeting to remove the gloves of a sim recieving a manucure/socks for the pedicure... really?
    Post edited by Dijktafone on
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My main concern was with losing functionality that I had come to rely upon, and I have not.

I like that children can now practice yoga, if only in the Family Friendly mode, and that Toddlers have the "Play" option on the mat. That's nice for my families.

Cushion style meditation stools, and more varieties of massage table, are good to have.

I really need to make time to explore some of the new features... and that's kind of exciting. Spa Day was my first pack. That it does new things is a nice bonus.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    I was never a fan of the pack to begin with the theme just isn’t really my thing.
    But I do think this is a step in the right direction. I love that they added the ability to become the yoga instructor and such. I never seen a reason to lvl up that skill before. Now if only they give us the ability to buy multiple lots I can make my own spa.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I think it was pretty good. Kudos to them for implemting it with already in game systems (like now favorite colors matter for fingernails etc) plus there's a new sentiment. Parenthood was also considered. I like it, but to be honest this GP was already pretty good, so I'm more interested to see what they'll do with other packs.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I wish there was an option for "Mostly Satisfied." I've always liked the pack and have had a number of sims take yoga classes, use the spa services, learn to meditate, and even max out the skill. I like the new features quite a bit, and especially the fact that children can now participate. However, the glitches with the nails bleeding into certain tops and full body outfits, and the lack of choice in certain colours (like in pink and red) have rather marred the new experience for me. And I hate that sims no longer take their shoes off when doing Yoga. I also loved that they did it in their socks before -- what a disappointment that this is no longer the case.