Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: Sept ’21 Spa Day Refresh Patch

Comments

• WPRWPR Posts: 4 New Member
    Update: tested without slice of life but have the same issue
  • WPRWPR Posts: 4 New Member
    Found the issue! It's either WhosAsking already upgraded or WhosAsking Store most things in chest. Those were my last updated mods and once I removed them the toilets all work again. Too bad, I was really happy when that mod was updated.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited September 2021
    @FarmerJei This is NOT a support thread. I have specifically requested that people post ONLY broken mod/update information, to help with gathering it. I do this on a voluntary basis, at least twice a day, searching multiple places on the internet to try to get EVERY bit of relevant information to you. Don't make it harder for me, PLEASE. Having to wade through lots of posts trying to find reports makes this very frustrating. Use the places that are designed for support. It's better for you, too - they have tools to help figure out your issues. And you really need to read the Forum Rules. It's important that those be followed here. I don't want to lose permission to offer this service on the Forums.
    @Wynne64 Please see p. 1 and the Forum Rules
    @MarcieDiamandis @Katashi93 Please see p. 1 and head over to a support Discord server
    @WPR Please test those using the method on p. 1. Anything else just means you might have a mod conflict.

Mod Updates
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • icemunmun: all mods
    • Scumbumbo team: Tuning Error Notifier

Broken Mods
    • No Autonomous Computer (MSQSims)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited September 2021
    Mod Updates
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • YonzieYonzie Posts: 29 Member
    > @WPR said:
    > Found the issue! It's either WhosAsking already upgraded or WhosAsking Store most things in chest. Those were my last updated mods and once I removed them the toilets all work again. Too bad, I was really happy when that mod was updated.

with me i could use the toilets but the tubs were offlimits - some tubs. I removed the whos asking and the tubs became usuable
  • briesimsbriesims Posts: 75 Member
    My kids traits dissapeared and only 3 of them are showing, what mod could be causing this?
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    @FarmerJei This is NOT a support thread. I have specifically requested that people post ONLY broken mod/update information, to help with gathering it. I do this on a voluntary basis, at least twice a day, searching multiple places on the internet to try to get EVERY bit of relevant information to you. Don't make it harder for me, PLEASE. Having to wade through lots of posts trying to find reports makes this very frustrating. Use the places that are designed for support. It's better for you, too - they have tools to help figure out your issues. And you really need to read the Forum Rules. It's important that those be followed here. I don't want to lose permission to offer this service on the Forums.
    @Wynne64 Please see p. 1 and the Forum Rules
    @MarcieDiamandis @Katashi93 Please see p. 1 and head over to a support Discord server
    @WPR Please test those using the method on p. 1. Anything else just means you might have a mod conflict.

Mod Updates
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • icemunmun: all mods
    • Scumbumbo team: Tuning Error Notifier

Broken Mods
    • No Autonomous Computer (MSQSims)

its just funny how every other message is pretty much the same thing. You dont need to be so serious about this. Its a game, sure its nice of you to go and search for broken mods but youre not being forced to go through twice a day and search through all the comments, and when you have a thread talking about broken mods youre going to get people stating an issue and asking if anyone has had similar ones.. with the broken mods. Im not trying to be mean but theres literally no point in getting so agitated over something so trivial.
  • LarsEriksson68LarsEriksson68 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @bshag4lv said:
    > Luthienrising is doing this in her free time and to the incredible job she is doing with this thread, which is the first spot I go to after a patch is released.
    >
    > Let's follow her instructions and stay in her good graces people. Lord only knows where I can go to get reliable mod information when mods break.

This, so very much.
    No, no one is forcing Luthienrising to go through the comments twice a day, but she does so anyway, for the benefit of us all. The least we can do is to be respectful of her request to keep the topic tidy, to make her task a bit easier.

For actual support questions, one can see if there are other suitable topics, or start up a new one. That is also helpful to everyone, especially when the topic is given a descriptive name so that you can see exactly which area or type of problem it concerns, since it allows us to focus on just the topics that either concern us or where we can see that we may have the expertise to help.
    Thanks, all! The support is hugely welcomed.
    @briesims Please see p. 1, and note that you might need to go back to earlier threads to find things that broke *or were updated* before the most recent patch. If that doesn't help, see the instructions for doing a 50-50 or use a support Discord server.

Mod Updates
    CC: Recipe Update
    Chili Garlic Doughballs (Littlbowbub)
  • bibibijouxbibibijoux Posts: 11 New Member
    Just a heads up that Simsonian Library has updated the Spellbook Injector by r3m, since the previous version hasn't been updated since 2019 and was causing LE's and other issues for some users: https://modthesims.info/d/659933/spellbook-injector-v2.html

Also, ice-creamforbreakfast's HFO_AfHair_EP11BunTwistsFix (https://www.patreon.com/posts/ts4-cottage-bun-53995088) is not needed anymore since the hair in question (aka Sara Scott's hair) has been fixed in one of the post Cottage Living updates. It's strangely not included in any of the patch notes but I've tested it myself.
  • bibibijouxbibibijoux Posts: 11 New Member
    > @bibibijoux said:
    >
    > Also, ice-creamforbreakfast's HFO_AfHair_EP11BunTwistsFix (https://www.patreon.com/posts/ts4-cottage-bun-53995088) is not needed anymore since the hair in question (aka Sara Scott's hair) has been fixed in one of the post Cottage Living updates. It's strangely not included in any of the patch notes but I've tested it myself.

Nevermind, just tested some more and the hair is still broken for the newer hair swatches. The fix is still very needed :D
  • Wynne64Wynne64 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am new at this. I admit that I did not read p.1. However, there is a possibility that I could have made the same mistake because I don't always think of a mod as "adult" if I use a PG-rated version (only alcohol, which is also in other Teen mods). But still. I am sorry for my mistake. I appreciate this forum and the hard work invested in this service provided to us Simmers. I appreciate the person defending me; however, it was my mistake. I will not do that again.
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    TwistedMexi's ExpandableCatalog mod is broken. I didn't see it in the broken list.
    Nothing is clickable when going directly into build/buy mode from the world map. I have to end the game by going into task manager to close the game. Taking the mod out solved the issue.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Whenever there is an update I remove my mod folders then add my mods back one by one rather than doing the 50/50 method to figure out what is broken and what is not. Wonderful Whim It's been updated and for me working fine.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited September 2021
    I can finally announce that my updated mods for the last patch will probably go online tomorrow.

Meanwhile, I'm gonna add two more mods you should be careful to use before you grab the update.
    townieoverhaul_lessfame - The reflexonist filter contained in the main file needed an update for the situation shifts to work properly.
    morechildrenatparks (all versions) - The tuning for the park zone director has been changed with the latest patch, so if you want to have yoga classes at parks, wait for the update before you put that mod back in.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • koshechka84koshechka84 Posts: 13 New Member
    @LuvMySimz, I've tested my updated game and for me ExpandableCatalog works fine. Either from the world map, or in any Household.
    @koshechka84, Not for me, no clue why.
    That’s why I took everything else out and tested it alone and it does not work for me from world map going right into build mode. As I have said nothing is clickable that way and I have to exit the game with task manager. I had the same issue once before couple of months back and after the mod update it worked again. My game is fully updated.

• StarryMightStarryMight Posts: 98 Member
    @luthienrising : I'm going to do a test save today and I'm going through my mods. The link on the first page for the Packing Crates is messed up.
    ~*~ Star light, star bright, I am StarryMight! ~*~
  • ScarletQueenKatScarletQueenKat Posts: 792 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    TwistedMexi's ExpandableCatalog mod is broken. I didn't see it in the broken list.
    Nothing is clickable when going directly into build/buy mode from the world map. I have to end the game by going into task manager to close the game. Taking the mod out solved the issue.

I can confirm this. It does work fine as @koshechka84 stated only if you go into Build/Buy mode from Live mode first. However, if you load into your game and go directly into Build/Buy mode from the world map, it's exactly as @LuvMySimz described. Additionally, I received a lastUIException.
    🌹 Scarlet's Mod List - Includes ALL mods, links to their latest versions, last updated dates, sorting options, and more!
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

I can confirm this. It does work fine as @koshechka84 stated only if you go into Build/Buy mode from Live mode first. However, if you load into your game and go directly into Build/Buy mode from the world map, it's exactly as @LuvMySimz described. Additionally, I received a lastUIException.

Thanks Scarlet and yes, I received a lastUIException, too. I just forgot to mention it.

• briesimsbriesims Posts: 75 Member
    Basemental is updated??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top