Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So many job offers. (Did something change?)

My level 8 Scientist {Pioneer of New Technologies} is constantly being rung up and offered a new job.
They offer to start anywhere from 3 to 5 levels up. So far she's been offered at least social media, writer, entertainer, astronaut and acting.
All in a few in-game days.

Did something change with the patch? Anyone else's Sims being bombarded by headhunters?

Comments

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Not new at all. Any sim with a pristine reputation (or maybe even a tier below that), constantly gets those messages.
    At least that's my experience. Cone to think of, I should probably find a mod to remove them, they annoy me to no end.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It absolutely isn't new, but I've always gotten this treatment with celebs. The calls should even sort of refer to it a bit.
  • NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,894 Member
    edited September 2021
    That explains it!! :o I haven't had Get Famous all that long. I think she has a good reputation, but is not celeb.
    Thank you ladies.
    Frankly you might be right about a mod MDianaSims; except I have several big ones already and just barely keep on top of the updates with each patch etc. :p
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    My klepto sim got an offer to join some crime career. She rarely steals but she swindles for credits. Anyway, I accepted the offer until I noticed that it's a 9-5 type job and quit. She got a nice baseball bat and a bag of money and a map out of it. The bat looks nice in the hallway of her apartment. She took her old career as decorator back but she could only get it as a junior and now has to go through the ranks again. Not fun. 😆
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    Not new at all. Any sim with a pristine reputation (or maybe even a tier below that), constantly gets those messages.
    At least that's my experience. Cone to think of, I should probably find a mod to remove them, they annoy me to no end.

LittleMsSam has a mod for that under random small mods. It's called no job offers, I believe, and works great for me at least.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »

LittleMsSam has a mod for that under random small mods. It's called no job offers, I believe, and works great for me at least.

Thanks, I've been meaning to add some of her mods anyway, so I'll pick that one up as well.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    I think that's normal.
  • It's gotten so bad for my sims that they'll be out at a festival or just around the neighborhood and all of a sudden they're quoting Waylon Smithers:

"Can't a man walk down the street without being offered a job?!"
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It’s so annoying, all my sims that have a good high reputation get annoyed constantly with job offers, I had to enable the setting in MCCC that makes it so when I silence the phone it actually means it’s completely silenced.