Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's the job you use most in TS4?

Comments

• crebo19crebo19 Posts: 286 Member
    Actor is my favorite
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I diversify so the Sims compliment each other but I have most in the Army (eight) since I have a Army camp. After that come politicians and business (wo)men since they need other in the same career to function well
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    I love the careers conservation from Sulani, civil engineer (love this one!), astronaut, scientist, and of course freelance career of maker, love all the careers I can go to work with my sims instead of waiting for the day to pass.

When some of my sims make so much money, like my celebrity comedian who makes $950 an hour and has $600,000 in the bank (she earned all of it herself), they lead the life of luxury which is much more funner than playing someone who is very poor. I was there and it wasn't a whole lot of fun, that's why I like to pamper my sims. o:)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • The most common career in my simworld is Stay At Home Mom.

And yes, it counts, because if you "ask about career", that's exactly what the game tells you most of my women do for a living.

As for actual work for pay, I have more self-employed painters selling their own wares than any other career, by a long shot.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • RySBIRySBI Posts: 329 Member
    I try quite hard to make my Sims as diverse and unique as possible so now that I think about it, I actually don’t think I have 2 with the same job! Although I have multiple self-employed shop owners if that counts.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Business, tech guru, and athlete are the three I choose the most for my Sims who are just starting out, but as soon as they hit level five or six in their careers, I have them quit their jobs and take on some kind of freelancer-style career that can be done from home. That usually entails gardening, floral arranging, candle making, knitting, cupcakes and now with Cottage Living we have cross stitch items, jams and preserves that can be sold from inventory, on Plopsy, at the stalls in HOB, or from a yard sale table. And, of course, all of the things I mentioned can be sold as retail items if you open a business. Self-made Sims that aren't tied down with a full time career, have a lot more flexibility in how they spend their time. With everything there is for our Sims to do now in Sims4, plus the fact I have played The Sims for twenty years, careers are more of a hindrance to my gaming style rather than something I enjoy playing.
  • CruelhumanbeanCruelhumanbean Posts: 86 Member
    I think the most used is probably the everyday part-time careers (barista, fast food, retail, etc) and the freelance career. I wanna play with more variety, but I'm a bit of a sucker for rags to riches and more realistic sort of gameplay, so those are always the go-to.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I tend toward artistic sims, and Freelancer (Digital Artist) is an easy go-to.

First runner-up is probably Culinary, as I like to have the Fresh Chef reward trait on at least one sim in a household.
  • GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    Actor/Actress
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Artistic careers such as painters, musicians or writers. I have also done the Social Media Job in city living and Gardener Job in cottage life which I'm enjoying :)
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    🤔 I'm not sure. I'm in my main save where I'm trying to complete every career and their branches so my sims have a large variety of jobs. I was most hesitant about the criminal career path because i don't like mean interactions 😂 but I've come to enjoy it and have a little legacy within the criminal career path now. Family business.
    I think the one I've used most often has been writer or tech guru. As for part time I tend to pick lifeguard for the beach flex. Least picked job is education or engineer and part time baby sitter.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Actor, entertainer… I mostly pick at random which job to have Sims hired for.
  • LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    I tend to gravitate towards the business career because I can in my head canon have it represent any number of careers like a Fortune 500 company or a family grown business that’s passed from generation to generation. It’s pretty generic and therefore really flexible.
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Painter, Writer and Tech Guru in that order
  • totasimstotasims Posts: 27 Member
    mine is actor all the way xD
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Scientist and Culinary.

The inventions and serums are wonderful storytelling devices, and at least one sim per family is culinary-oriented (mixology or foods).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Probably Business, Tech Guru, Scientist or those part time jobs like Barista or Fast Food Employee.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Culinary and Business.
  • sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,405 Member

Right now its Interior Decorator. I love going around and remodeling all of the premade houses. Others I use often are gardening, culinary,
    and freelance photographer.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    Probably business because it's the closest to office work and what I know irl.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    I do a freelance career often or one of those jobs you can work from home with like style influencer or conservationist since I like to control my sim throughout the day but sometimes the actual active careers are just too much
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    I've never completed a career more than once. My goal is to finish them all first before repeating.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Freelancer or even more often "Unemployed", making money from things like yard sales / archaeology / fizzing
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Mizzila1297Mizzila1297 Posts: 620 Member
    I think my absolutely MOST used career is Civil Designer.
    I'm not sure why. I play with a lot of random rolls, and it always seems to give me that one! :D
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It depends on what the storyline is for the sim I am playing. I enjoy all the active careers and use them alot, as well as the creative careers for those sims that want to stay at home. Right now I am starting a supernatural rotational game, so I have a couple in Strangerville interested in aliens and the mystery there. One is in the military, the other a scientist which fits well with contacting aliens. I love Paranormal career as well. I plan to play mermaids in Sulani, so will do the conservationist and fishing careers there. Eventually I plan to try them all!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top