Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A differente take on Aspirations in Spa Day. How do you like it?

Spa Day added 3 new Aspirations and unlike most of the other Aspirations, they made it more like a Life Goal instead of smaller steps to achieve... And its less like a Tutorial and provides a little bit more of a long lasting challenge.

More here
https://simscommunity.info/2021/09/07/the-sims-4-spa-day-refresh-aspirations-guide/

What do you think about the differente take on the aspirations?

A differente take on Aspirations in Spa Day. How do you like it? 75 votes

I have more fun fufilling these kinds of aspirations. I hope every Aspiration gets the same kind of refresh
41%
Akl500Pauroraael14bshag4lvrhaliusIsb917YautjagirlTorieBabykittyjadeHarukotyanZeldaboy180AdamsEve1231EvaliynBreazonacaliposscomicsforlifefilipomelGrumpyGlowfishHayleeSimsBehappy1stNorthDakotaGamer 31 votes
I like Aspirations in general. Doesnt matter how they are
38%
JueJueimhappyCaitxcatMariefoxprice83simgirl1010KatAnubisDarkLady2788emerejheyjuneiceannaliese39DoloresGreymusteniRedShoe7SassiexxxsillysimsEA_MariRavenSpithaisinDaepheneBecka28 29 votes
I like the 4 steps aspirations or (older) ones better.
9%
SindocatOnverserEnkiSchmidtFanPhoriaAtreya33KimmerGoldenWings16 7 votes
I dont care about Aspirations. I tend to ignore them anyway
10%
AlexaifreindlylolKennziKaigetaydevSeashoreLiviaTheFlyingGentlemanVeeDubwahini2024 8 votes

Comments

• Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2021
    I have more fun fufilling these kinds of aspirations. I hope every Aspiration gets the same kind of refresh
    I prefer aspirations to be more like long term goals than check lists and tutorials.

I was actually using a mod to make them more like lifetime goals but recently removed it because I was worried that it might mess up my long term save if it ever broke and the creator was not around to keep it updated.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I like all type of aspirations. I use them as guidance to what my sim is interested in/what they wish to do in life and work through them slowly. I was a bit sad when I learned the new aspirations were only one level, but we still got three of them so for me that makes it up. I haven't tried the new ones yet, but the tasks seem good.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I vastly prefer staged aspirations to one-and-done TS3 Lifetime Wishes.

Because people like different things, I don't object to having other aspirations in a different style, but do hope existing ones remain as-is. The tour-guide/tutorial aspirations have a place. So do long-term, staged family aspirations that engage a Sim from the beginning of parenthood to being a grandparent.

More ways to play is always beneficial - but removing old systems for new ones, not so much.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I prefer the gradual progression through aspiration levels rather than just one slow task
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Ooops I picked the wrong thing. I like the gradual progression but I don't see why we can't have different types of aspirations? Some gradual, some long term, some in the middle? All aspirations are welcome.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited September 2021
    Though I must add it annoys me a bit how most ts3 lovers are trying to turn this game into a ts3 replica with no regard for players who enjoy things ts4 style.
    Like I said I'm perfectly okay with variety and options.. but don't stop the ts4 style aspirations either. Or take away things that were (looking at you food bites) without giving "options"
    I liked aspirations the way they were 😌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I would've preferred one Spa Day aspiration with 4 steps. It's unnecessary to have 3, I don't understand why they did it, but it is what it is and I'm not going to complain about it. It's more important that we got more game content and didn't have to pay for it any extra.
  • Options
    I tend to think of Aspirations as "things to do when I want to beef up my sims' powers"—they're more of a "character in a video game" rather than a "simulating life" mechanic. Since I don't cheat reward traits onto my sims, preferring to earn them, it's always nice to have more ways to do so.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I need an other option because I feel there is a place for both these types of aspirations and I generally like aspirations, but that doesn't mean they can slap an aspiration tag on whatever they decide to try next and I will like it. I do like both the old aspirations and these new ones. I was a little surprised they were one step, but it does not bother me that much that they are easy to achieve.

I do think the more powerful reward traits should be locked behind multi-step aspirations, but shorter aspirations could unlock some more pinpointed goals. We'll have to see what they do with it.
  • Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    I think I picked the wrong one. I'd like to see more aspirations like these ones, but I wouldn't want to see the old ones changed. I think variety is good.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    Aspirations help me shape a character and more is better!
  • Options
    I think I would be okay with the current style of aspirations if the tasks weren't so mundane. I generally don't find tasks like "Read to a child for two hours" that fun or engaging.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I love all my Aspirations. I love how I can pick certain ones for a certain sim. I always use the
    Aspirations_Complete_Current_Milestone for a full Aspiration for my sims. It's so fun. :p
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I think I would be okay with the current style of aspirations if the tasks weren't so mundane. I generally don't find tasks like "Read to a child for two hours" that fun or engaging.

I think "read to a child or two hours" is a good step, because it's not something my sims normally do but it fits the aspiration well. So it guides them to the direction that they're supposed to be interested in. Only thing I'd change about that step is make it 10 hours because I like challenge.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    As much as I prefer the milestone system over TS2's random lifetime wishes, it always bothers me when something cool happens that is part of my sim's current aspiration, but the game doesn't register it because the sim hasn't reached the correct milestone yet, and when they do, that cool, possibly very rare thing has to happen again.

Take bestsellers in the Bestselling Author aspiration, for example: If your sim writes one before reaching the final milestone of the aspiration, it simply doesn't count. Why not? As a writer in real life, I can tell you that I would appreciate a bestseller no matter when in my "aspiration" I manage to write one, and that can apply to other things, too. I bet there's celebrities out there who would rather give autographs to fans before being asked for selfies, but the game has decided that it must happen the other way around in order to count for the aspiration.

Problems we wouldn't have if we just got a long list of all things we have to accomplish to finish an aspiration, rather than four lists with fewer points each...
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    The thing I like most about aspirations is that they make me do things I might not ordinarily do. My Sims are basically 'stay on your own lot, never talk to anyone not in the household' hermit types, but I've had to get out into the world and do some different things to fulfil an aspiration goal, which in turn has introduced me to some things I would never have tried, but end up enjoying.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Okay so in my opinion I like the new ones a lot but….that doesn’t mean I dislike all of the old ones with the four steps. I do not like the ones that are super tutorial like and not really a good goal oriented aspirations. So really I’m kind of in between this option and the general liking of aspirations. I actually enjoy majority of the base game ones and a portion of the pack ones. Just depends on the aspiration itself.
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    I like the TS4 aspirations much better than the ones from the past. I know that in real life I've had many big aspirations. I don't want my Sims to be more limited than that like they were in TS3. It seems wrong to lose work on one aspiration when you switch to working on something else.

I use aspirations all the time. I have some that almost all my Sims work through and others that it depends on how I see the Sim and what I think their life should be like.

I do get it that some people want their Sim to have only one aspiration for their entire life, but then they should just not change aspirations or work so hard on the one they have. Or perhaps they need to have their Sim on a shorter life span where they can't complete an aspiration so easily.

I've looked over what they have for the Spa Day refresh and I think that on long life (which I like to play), it's very similar to the other aspirations in how much time/energy it will take to complete it. It's set up differently, which doesn't bother me at all. If people prefer this type, I'm fine with it as long as the aspirations don't lose work when you change aspiration and that it's completable similar to the others.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    Eh.
    I kind of feel like these aspirations are too dang short
    and could have really just been one aspiration all together

I don't like tutorial style aspirations either
    cause like whats the point tho
    99% of time its just go here go there talk to someone gain skill point

but also i wouldn't say I'm mega into aspirations in general after ts2
    I feel like the lack of aspiration failure and fears and memories just makes it a bit meh overall for me

aaaaand also the fact that in ts4 achievements are more interesting to me
    but they haven't really updated those for a while and they all buggy bugged

I'd rather they make aspirations more like those with some fun goals stuff
    like can't we have something more.... spicy... and interesting...
    ''have 100 babies''
    ''get abducted''
    ''witness 10 family members die''
    ''complete 10 collections''

or whatever.

they could even use some popular sims challenges for inspo internet is full of them
    like okay i wouldn't exactly think these are spa day goals so its not like i was expecting anything but still p_p
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    I don't usually work on aspirations too hard, but try to take it slow with them. They are something my sims do every now and then unless I desperately want my sim to have the reward trait quickly. Then I squeeze in some effort. Anyway, I haven't used these new aspirations yet, but I think they look fine. I might actually like them more, because each of them has a different reward trait :smile:
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    My sim usually fulfills several at s time eg. A career type one, a family / relationship one and then .maybe a pack walkthrough one. Just like in reallife where I have a mix of shorter and more long term goals. I like to have short ones so I can buy some of the useful reward potions and long ones to guide my storytelling etc.

Packs should come with 2 or 3 aspirations short walkthrough ones to learn the pack, medium ones to earn rewards and a lifetime length one.

I love being sble to swap aspirations out at any time and not losing progress if I return to them (just as you sometimes do in real life) and i hope future games allow this.
  • Options
    SimSoonSimSoon Posts: 55 Member
    I do prefer aspirations that are broken out a bit more than those ones, but what I really like about them is that there's three of them. Three distinct concepts and approaches to the basic topic, for distinct stories and sims. I want more of that. I want so much more of that.
  • Options
    CaitxcatCaitxcat Posts: 680 Member
    I haven't played with the three new aspirations yet to tell if the breaking up into 4 is better or not. I would think breaking up into 4 would equal more ltr points. Although I am just happy in general with these new aspirations to explore.
  • Options
    I've changed my mind, I don't actually mind the Sims 4 aspirations the way they are.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    All aspirations should be one page with a couple of long term goals instead of a step by step tutorial.