Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why do some sims get fat and others dont?

My Main Sim keeps getting fat. No matter what I do. I end up having to give her the icecream to control her weight. How can I stop this?

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It depends on average weight (what you set in CAS) and what they eat. The calorie system in 4 is fairly fickle. I suggest you look up a guide on it if you want avoid the dishes that put on weight.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Jog or use workout equipment a few times a week.
    Or just give the sim a soccer ball and she will keep fit on her own !
  • georgia_simsxgeorgia_simsx Posts: 23 Member
    Sims gain weight from eating in the Sims 4, even if you only feed them when they're hungry. Different types of food have different caloric values in the Sims 4 and determine how much weight they gain. If you don't want them to gain weight, you need to get them to exercise a few times a week.

Here is a list of the calories in different foods so that you can see which foods will make your sim gain less weight, although I'm not sure if it is up to date: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/tutorials/calories.php
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that jogging (either around the neighbourhood or on a machine) burns the fat more effectively that the strength building exercises. Carl's guide (mentioned by @georgia_simsx above) is a really good resource for that sort of thing.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Most of my sims in Cottage Living seem to gain weight really fast even though they are farmers.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Have a scientist give her Slimify serum. Make sure it's tested though! My Sim swelled up like a balloon last night from faulty Slimify serum. :lol:
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    Does walking make sims lose weight? (Like hiking/ walking the dog)
    That should be a thing, I don’t want all my sims to have the fitness skill. 🤔
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    As mentioned above, there is a calorie system in the Sims 4.

Usually , a higher cooking skill level will introduce meals that have more calories, so even if you're giving your sim a varied diet, the chances are you're probably giving them meals with a high calorie count. However, the calorie system isn't perfect, and there's actually a lot of meals that don't have a calorie value for some reason - maybe the devs forgot? I'm not sure.

For example, my sims usually live on garden salads, with the occasional high calorie meal now and then to avoid giving all my sims the health nut lifestyle. Garden salads have a calorie value of 50, but when I reach the right gourmet cooking skill level, I can make a caesar salad that has a calorie value of 0. I've done this system for a while now and as a result, I don't need to make my sims do physical activities as much as I used to.

When I do need them to do some exercise, I'll usually send them on a jog, workout in front of the TV, or ride a bike. I really like the latter because it also increases fun at the same time.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    I let them buy a tub of slimming ice cream and store it in the fridge. Every now and then they like to grab a bowl of ice cream from the fridge and I don't get mad about it. 😆 I also don,t mind if they drop everything and do some crunches in the middle of whatever or wherever. Sometimes I send them jogging. So far, my formerly fat sims have managed to keep in shape.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that jogging (either around the neighbourhood or on a machine) burns the fat more effectively that the strength building exercises. Carl's guide (mentioned by @georgia_simsx above) is a really good resource for that sort of thing.

I am sure, and it absolutely is. The treadmill is more efficient than jogging. Jogging is more effective than swimming or yoga - but any of those will reduce weight (well, really size). Most efficiently if the Sim is in an Energized mood.

Base settings in CAS matter. A Sim set to be more plump at creation gains weight more easily and loses it more slowly. But exercise can move that needle over time. There may also be hidden traits in play, under the hood where we don't see them.

• Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    Also, opposite to gaining weight, if a Sim only eats junk food (like when in college and all they have is the mini fridge), they will become malnourished.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Female sims will also gain a little weight with pregnancy and sometimes it stays on after childbirth.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I put a family of obese sims on the Simple Living lot challenge with a fridge full of fruit to see what happens.
  • GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    Some of my Sims do not get fat even after eating lots of cakes.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    Ice cream, to control weight. :D
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    No, even though it does for us real humans. The problem I have with the fitness skill is if you do it too much you get muscles, even from jogging.

• IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    carpe_diem wrote: »
    No, even though it does for us real humans. The problem I have with the fitness skill is if you do it too much you get muscles, even from jogging.

@SamDenny If they do yoga they will slim down without getting overly muscular.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    If you're not against mods, I highly recommend Fitness Controls by roBurky. It helps slow down how much weight and muscle sims gain and lose, so it makes it feel a bit more realistic.
    @Arzekial Though the weight Taste of Diet ice cream removes too much weight.
    It was a typo I can't edit.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    If you're not against mods, I highly recommend Fitness Controls by roBurky. It helps slow down how much weight and muscle sims gain and lose, so it makes it feel a bit more realistic.

^ This mod is excellent and hardly ever needs an update.

I used to freeze all fat/muscle gain/loss through MCCC but not anymore with the Fitness Controls mod.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • I find that my sims with higher Fitness skill don't tend to gain weight even if they're eating stuff like Lobster Thermidor and other rich, calorie-dense food. Even if they haven't worked out in awhile they keep a good-looking figure. Haven't tested sims with lower Fitness to see if they're more prone to chunking up, but a lot of my Sims tend to be gym rats anyway.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I had my scientist create the slimify serum and drop it off at the kleptomaniacs lockup before he died. Now all I need is my veteran kleptomaniac to swipe at and set it for sale at his shop.
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    @Arzekial Though the weight Taste of Diet ice cream removes too much weight.

Oh, wow, there is diet ice cream. I didn't even realize that was in the game. My bad. Guess I shouldn't be surprised such a thing exists in the game...