Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just out of curiosity, what are the ages of all the Simmers out there?

Comments

• ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I turn 44 in July. Been playing the Sims series since 2004.

It's my change-of-pace game to be sure. Like, my "taste in games" (if there is such a thing) runs much more toward harder-core strategy and simulation titles, stuff like the Truck Simulator games (American Truck Simulator and Euro Truck Simulator 2), Total War, and heavy-duty city/colony builders like Tropico 4, Cities: Skylines, and Dawn of Man. But for some reason I keep coming back to the Sims series because there's nothing else quite like it.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'll be 24 in July. Sims 4 is actually my first version of the game, but I remember watching Sims style music videos on Youtube back in 2007-2008ish.

I never asked my parents about playing though since it didn't appeal to me at the time. But besides, I would have thought I was too young to play a teen-rated game anyway. I remember my parents taking me to a pg-13 movie when I was 10 or 11 and I thought they wouldn't let me because I was too young. Lol.
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    26, I love Sims games. I've played Sims 1 and 2 when I was a kid. I've never tried Sims 3 because I stopped playing video games when I was like a teenager and focused on other hobbies like reading or writing. Only started Sims 4 in March.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Both my daughter & I are simmers since 2011 with Sims 3. We both have our own Sims 4 game & packs. I'm 52 young at heart & my daughter is now 26.
  • QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    Late 30's over here... Been here since Sims 1.
  • emmalieemmalie Posts: 21 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I have been playing from the very beginning in 2000, and that’s more than half of my life. It’s something that always amaze my tween daughter’s friends. ”Do your mom really play the Sims?”
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 35! I've been playing The Sims since the first installment. I would have been 14 at the very youngest, but I was probably around 16. I remember making Sims of myself and all my friends.
  • MissLyn2408MissLyn2408 Posts: 38 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm in my late 20s now and I have been playing since I was 9 years old or younger.
  • Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    My first The Sims was *drum roll* The Sims 4. January 2015. It really was with me for all my preteen-teenage years. Now I'm 18, and in three days from now my last year of highschool will start, and don't think I'll have a lot of time to play 🥲.
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    60+
    My first The Sims was *drum roll* The Sims 4. January 2015. It really was with me for all my preteen-teenage years. Now I'm 18, and in three days from now my last year of highschool will start, and don't think I'll have a lot of time to play 🥲.

Wow! Part of me is glad that you have discovered the sims and enjoy it. Another part of me is saddened that you didn't get the chance to enjoy the earlier versions of the sims which were imo so very, very much better. Having said that, I welcome you to the sims community and hope you continue enjoying playing the game for many years in the future.
  • Flcty1969Flcty1969 Posts: 82 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    51 (and three quarters!) Ihave been playing since Sims 1. I got the base game and Livin' Large together. I started playing early afternoon and the next thing I knew it was 2am. :D
  • ArcaArca Posts: 183 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm nearly 40
    Sims 4 is the first Sims game (I haven't paid the previous series)
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    60+
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I'm 52 years old.
    I started playing Sims when I was about 45. I first played Sims Freeplay and Sims 3 mobile games on my tablet and when I finally bought Sims 4 I fell in love with it immediately. My only regret is that I didn't start playing earlier, I would've liked to experience the earlier Sims games too, especially Sims 2.

Yeah, sims 2 in my opinion was the best…… it was so in depth.
  • RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I started playing when I was around 12, I'm now 30, still love the Sims! My first game was Sim 1 on the PS2, then on pc The Sims 1 Superstar! and I loved Sims Castaway and The Sims Urbz as a child too. Now I'm older me and my partner play it together, he loves it too :) I didn't expect to see that more people who play the game are older then younger but it makes me feel better about playing it at my age lol
  • luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,645 Member
    60+
    RubyxAngel wrote: »
    I started playing when I was around 12, I'm now 30, still love the Sims! My first game was Sim 1 on the PS2, then on pc The Sims 1 Superstar! and I loved Sims Castaway and The Sims Urbz as a child too. Now I'm older me and my partner play it together, he loves it too :) I didn't expect to see that more people who play the game are older then younger but it makes me feel better about playing it at my age lol

Girl, if only I could be as young as you are! Don't be mislead by stats showing a lot more "older" folks on this forum. Seems the younger folk are using other social media platforms these days.

So the good news is that there are a lot more younger folks playing sims then most folks realize. The sad news, imo, is that the franchise has really gone downhill since the release of 4. :'(
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Ha! That’s funny. I actually aged down since the last time I was here.
    That number in the corner? Doesn’t apply to me anymore. Please ignore. 😇
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    This thread made me feel better about myself, since I thought I was to old to play, being nearly 20. I guess every age is the right age for Sims!
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I’m 35 and Sims 4 is the first Sims game that got me really invested. When I was in middle school my BFF introduced me (tried) to Sims 2 and then later Sims 3 and even gifted me few packs, but at that time I was in love with Max Payne or Diablo type of games so she could as well talk to the wall, lol. Also I just never really liked 2 and 3, gameplay wise and how sims looked. It just felt very awkward to me although I loved burglars, they always stole my toilet when my sim was barely starting and out of money. But The Sims 4 is by far my favorite game. Also the fact that it’s available on console played a part, as I really dislike playing on PC.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited September 2021
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 38, so I'll "age up" from the 20-39 group fairly soon. I played Sims 1 soon after release, first at a friend's house before I got the game myself. Games have become a favorite antidote for pandemic-related stresses at our house, and earlier this year I bought Sims 3 and 4. So, after a two-decade hiatus, I'm back. My daughter has become a fan. My wife played Sims 1 and 2 when she was a teenager, and she's now occasionally providing "commentary" when she sees her husband and child having Sims fun together.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I'm 26 and have been playing The Sims series in all its iterations for 20 years now.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,886 Member
    edited April 2023
    20-39 Years of Age
    I realized i never specified soo 24 this year :sweat_smile:

Have been playing since ts1
    though obviously most of my sims 1 play was done over sisters shoulder annoying the heck out of her :lol:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Ersa_MiddletonErsa_Middleton Posts: 697 Member
    20-39 Years of Age
    I turned 39 2 weeks ago.
  • LouisaB75LouisaB75 Posts: 8 New Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    Okay, I feel old now. 46 years old and have been playing the Sims since the first day that the original Sims game was released. I remember waiting impatiently for it after seeing an ad/demo that came with some old Sim City game. I was late getting into Sims 3 and even later getting into Sims 4, largely because of computer issues, but simming is just as much fun now as it was the day it was released.
  • beathappeningbeathappening Posts: 11 New Member
    13-19 Years of Age
    I'm 17, just started playing.
  • RazzRazz Posts: 65 Member
    40-59 Years of Age
    I'll be 56 in a few weeks. I've only been playing Sims 4 for about 3 months but did play Sims 3 for awhile when it came out. I blame "Pong" for my gaming addiction...
    LIFE JUST GOT BETTER