Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    For me it’s not being able to own a coffee machine or tea maker because Sims are SO overly obsessed with constantly using it and cancelling out every other action.

One other thing is when you prepare a meal, but instead of using the dining table, Sims sometimes wander off and go sit somewhere random like on a bed upstairs to eat.
    I think that might be because Sims have a hidden thirst need, they can become obsessed with bartending too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldenWings16GoldenWings16 Posts: 41 Member
    People keep standing up during the Starlight Accolades
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,950 Member
    I can deal with trivial annoyances, but the gardening bug that makes my plants turn to dirt, is so game breaking for me.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited September 2021
    Trying to have a normal group conversation but one sim which you have a romantic relationship with keeps flirting with you and makes the whole conversation awkward.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Unable to keep a cowplant skeleton, after a while it reverts to the just-planted dirt mound.

My sims getting uncomfortable about water puddles, on the deck by the swimming pool, that resulted from them doing a cannonball into the water.
    The cake is a lie
  • ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    edited September 2021
    Some trivial things that annoy me... and some not so trivial.

1. Sims checking to see if it's raining while standing in the middle of the living room or anywhere else inside a building.
    2. Sims ignoring guests.
    3. lifestyles - not worth the constant stressed out moodlets I always seem to get eventually.
    4. Prank calls, and Bess. I don't even bother with the phone any more.
    5. People from Henford-on-Bagley continually asking for help.
    6. Sims running around in the rain. Just stop.
    7. Sims cleaning at public venues. Shouldn't they have staff for that?
    8. Lighting fire places during the summer heat waves. Sims are brilliant.
    9. Visiting sims unable to put a book away when leaving a residence.
    10. "Invite in" command not working properly when talking with guests.

I have more, but I think listing 10 is enough.
    Post edited by Arzekial on
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    - The uncomfortably wet moodlet showing up when a sim swims while it rains.
    - School projects being given to all kids every Monday. Once a week is okay, but not all on the same day every single time.

And I'm sure there are more, but I haven't really played much recently.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    edited September 2021
    The Full Parent Mode sparkle.
    The camera glide in tab mode.
    Post edited by ChuChuExpress on
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Magic is not fun. I don’t understand why spellcasters don’t find learning magic to be a fun activity.
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    RySBI wrote: »
    For me it’s not being able to own a coffee machine or tea maker because Sims are SO overly obsessed with constantly using it and cancelling out every other action.

One other thing is when you prepare a meal, but instead of using the dining table, Sims sometimes wander off and go sit somewhere random like on a bed upstairs to eat.

This depends on the layout of the house/building. As a builder myself. I've spent many hours working on that issue.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Magic is not fun. I don’t understand why spellcasters don’t find learning magic to be a fun activity.

Because. Magic is a burden. ;)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZocCGcJcGJE
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Prebuilds using the MoveObjectsOn command and platforms. Looking at you, 13 Nettle Lane.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    We Wear Bags NAP.
    Getting the "Growing closer from quality time" sentiment from the "Show funny video" on teen sims that haven't even met before that very moment.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Everything all of you have mentioned plus issues when building with stairs. Find it frustrating when trying to build a specific house I want and have to rearrange things such as stairs and windows because can't have windows over stairs. I want to be able to put windows by stairs and curtains on the windows without having to use MOO so they don't end up disappearing. Stairs require more room so sometimes have to make a house larger than planned to fit stairs where they should be. I would love to be able to have smaller staircases. Curtains are another issue as need to move windows so can place curtains, can't be near a door or chairs. Putting curtains on a diagonal window also an issue, only smaller curtains tend to work. The constant need to wash hands and drink water also is a problem for me as it cancels out actions I set for the sims to do. Sigh.
  • PreCiiousPreCiious Posts: 353 Member
    In the relationship panel or when you wanna throw a party there is no Family section. You have Co-Workers/Lovers/?Animals?/Friends but no Family...
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    After downloading a really nice house from the gallery and trying to mod it to fit better into Forgotten Hollow I'm starting to see the frustration builders have over MoveObjectsOn. Use it and get tons of complaints from others or try to build without it and risk losing your sanity because of items refusing to place when they look like they should fit just fine.
    The cake is a lie
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    - School projects being given to all kids every Monday. Once a week is okay, but not all on the same day every single time.

Not to invalidate that this is annoying for you, but just as a counter-example, I actually really like it. I can know in advance when my student sims will get these extra-credit activities, and plan accordingly. For me, they are good family interaction time - I set them up, in a shared area, right away, and everyone who can help does. I plan my sims' Mondays around them, and rely on the extra academic performance boost from finishing them early so I know my kids & teens can socialize or slack off or whatever tone best meets their motive needs, without tanking their grades.

On a tangental subject - trivial things that annoy me: kids or teens abandoning their homework books in odd places.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Sims if you took something out of your inventory then put it back in your inventory. They leave laptops, violins, sketch pads and notebooks all over towns, it's annoying. Put it back in your inventory please.

I have abandoned bicycles in my worlds that I cannot delete.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Sims if you took something out of your inventory then put it back in your inventory. They leave laptops, violins, sketch pads and notebooks all over towns, it's annoying. Put it back in your inventory please.

Oh my god, yes! I have a mod to make them put instruments back in their inventory but all the other items they drive me crazy.
    Sims knowing each other for a day, but can joke about old times.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    User directed interaction cancel.
  • Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 435 Member
    Not being able to put fireplaces on diagonal walls anymore.