Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread šŸ“

Comments

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    lanlyn wrote: Ā»
    Hearts4u wrote: Ā»
    ...Although he looks content, I think his bed is a little big for him. šŸ˜‚
    @Hearts4u :D Yah, I thought about buying him the little bed to use while a puppy, but decided to let him get familiar with the bed he'll use later, let him claim it as his own. Treating him like a real dog, I guess. ;)

I like the way you think. Good idea.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    What kind of Cottage Living farm dog do you have?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imt0SFbCmwA
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I sort of forgot that this is the cute animal thread. ā¤ļø
    I also love the way Mushie is so tiny he could just hide behind that little white rabbity and no one will ever be able to find him. šŸ˜‚

Sure look at him! šŸ¤£
    y4mN1N5XRNSI4SrttdsOPKNKoRws3YDQBolW0wtNyDJblxpvDAxW-TmiK9ZSGPe2UoM7dtlCPD2N3jtH_SEoLwvkT--bD2MM4wTZABEZCjQRvx-mYkYfYmjEAwSqKr8H1fdEKl-2d6gja46nhVZks3BVUjNv09gm4ydPbOURlGqRCbz-5BlT0Zdc71X0AKJlLWw?width=650&height=650&cropmode=none

For me Cottage Living is already up there with Seasons and I still didnā€™t get a chance to play with cows and llamas, attend the festival or run errands. I have yet to flirt with lady Crumplebottom so that she can finally give me that tasty handbag sandwich.
    I did find a bunch of interesting mushrooms though, plus Iā€™m really enjoying the simple living lot challenge and chatting to all my in-game fox friends.

I donā€™t have a farm dog yet, but Iā€™ll be creating a Border Collie for this one! Theyā€™re such a friendly dog breed and most excellent around the farm.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Mystery box. Anyone had this option yet?

• Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited September 2021
    Seasons crossplay: giving gifts to wild animals does count for the "give gifts" tradition.

The code says it does. There is more than one gift related holiday goal though, one of those can only be fulfilled by opening a present from the present pile. Naturally giving gifts to rabbits doesn't count for that one, but it actually does for the other one.

@simgirl1010: I had it. It wasn't worth it though, there were just 3 muschrooms in it. But I probably just was unlucky.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    I had to come out of the gameplay trance that is Cottage Living to come share that I am absolutely in love with this pack so far. I have to say I usually am not one to think of these things as something I want, but this pack is already taking top place. The main town world is so adorable. I always felt Summer Holiday was a country girl. She always gave me that country girl from Willow Creek vibe. Well one day simming I said aloud "I should move Summer to the country when the pack comes out" and don't ya friggin know she randomly said "uh ahhh" in agreement. So, kinda creeped out I switched households. But now she lives in the cute little cottage with the largest yard in the main town, hustling her flowers.

I have to be honest, this has been the most relaxing, Sims 2 feeling vibe I have had in a very long time. I think it must be the lore of the townies that makes it so much more immersive? The local's, the features of the town, the little window shops, all these little things really bring the immersion to life. I am having an absolute fantastic time enjoying this pack so far. I just I get this feeling I used to get when I played Sims 2 where you almost feel like your at these locations with your Sims, because it's so immersive. I don't like the "farming" neighborhood as much because the "roads" between lots don't even seem much like paths at all. Not even passing for dirt roads? So it looks super strange to me. The other two worlds are magical. I loved that they had a rental lot waiting because I explored the world on vacation with Summer and it was awesome as a vacation experience! I'm prolly going to use that world for an occult one day and just vacations. Seems to awesome to waste on a residential lot. Want all my Sims to enjoy it!

Back to Finckerhook? I can't remember all these neighborhood names in the worlds! LOL

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited September 2021
    I haven't played Cottage Living yet because I am not playing anything until I've caught up posting on my Stories and Legacies thread.

But I did think back on that bonus content and realized that I never took a look at the new bicycle.
    09-04-21_10-13-27_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

They did an excellent job on it.
    09-04-21_10-13-41_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Except for the light blocked by the flowers.
    I am assuming those are picked flowers instead of a potted plant, but they kind of look like a potted plant.
    09-04-21_10-14-29_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I had Yuki take a night ride around Windenburg island.
    09-04-21_10-16-45_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-04-21_10-19-51_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I need to give this to my herbalist sim, when she goes gathering ingredients in Granite Falls.
    09-04-21_10-22-14_PM(1).png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

[EDIT]
    I went ahead and gave Granite Falls a test run.
    09-05-21_11-05-55_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

09-05-21_11-06-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This bike is perfect for this and adds to the immersion factor.
    09-05-21_11-09-57_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am certainly doing this. This is so much better than having my sim run back and forth, from plant--to insect--to plant, harvesting ingredients.
    09-05-21_11-10-20_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Now that I've finally finished my CAS cc clean up and going through hundreds of households including townies, I can get back to my Cottage Living gameplay.

Haven't seen the Mystery Box item yet; gonna keep a look out for that option.

Completely forgot about the bike in the game. Daniel decided to gift it to his fiancƩe, Emily, who lives with her family in Old New Henford. Since the bike only cost $100, this will make a great meet and greet gift that Daniel will give to a couple of ladies about town. Hoping to see them riding around on their new bikes.

Butter, don't even think about it. Duchess is in no mood to play.
    Back-to-my-farm.jpg

I wish the hair and scarf accessory were separate as I really like this hair but I don't want Emily to get married with the scarf on her head.
    Gift-1.jpg

Gift.jpg

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I sort of forgot that this is the cute animal thread. ā¤ļø
    I also love the way Mushie is so tiny he could just hide behind that little white rabbity and no one will ever be able to find him. šŸ˜‚

Sure look at him! šŸ¤£
    y4mN1N5XRNSI4SrttdsOPKNKoRws3YDQBolW0wtNyDJblxpvDAxW-TmiK9ZSGPe2UoM7dtlCPD2N3jtH_SEoLwvkT--bD2MM4wTZABEZCjQRvx-mYkYfYmjEAwSqKr8H1fdEKl-2d6gja46nhVZks3BVUjNv09gm4ydPbOURlGqRCbz-5BlT0Zdc71X0AKJlLWw?width=650&height=650&cropmode=none

For me Cottage Living is already up there with Seasons and I still didnā€™t get a chance to play with cows and llamas, attend the festival or run errands. I have yet to flirt with lady Crumplebottom so that she can finally give me that tasty handbag sandwich.
    I did find a bunch of interesting mushrooms though, plus Iā€™m really enjoying the simple living lot challenge and chatting to all my in-game fox friends.

I donā€™t have a farm dog yet, but Iā€™ll be creating a Border Collie for this one! Theyā€™re such a friendly dog breed and most excellent around the farm.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 A Border Collie is a good choice. Can't wait to see a picture of him or her on your farm.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY_KujhVW6s

Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member
    I love the bonus bicycle, too!

And about dogs - do puppies interact with the llamas?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2021

@Simmerville Butter is a Yorkshire Terrier so he is small. It really depends on what kind of trait a dog has because it does influence their behavior. Butter likes to bark at Duchess (llama) from time to time and both will get thought bubbles. Dogs and bunnies also get thought bubbles of each other as well.

I became curious and enabled the fox lot challenge to see what Butter would do. The fox was eyeing Cream, the rabbit, and then Butter ran over to protect Cream and is barking at the fox.
    Butter-protecting-the-bunny.jpg

I also added a Yorkshire Terrier, named Polly, to my household and one of her traits is aggressive. She was growling at the fox then she got this thought bubble. Aggressive dogs will fight so I'm wondering if she'll fight the fox. The dogs are protecting the farm.
    Polly.jpg

I'm actually playing right now and this is so interesting. Polly is now chasing the fox. She chased the fox away. Cottage Living and the cross pack gameplay is awesome. I may keep the fox challenge enabled after all.
    Polly-chasing-the-Fox.jpg

Post edited by Hearts4u on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I bought the mistery box, it's one of those mix bag of random vegetables.
  • Options
    carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member

I think you get the mystery box option if you complete enough of The Grocery owners errands.
  • Options

I think you get the mystery box option if you complete enough of The Grocery owners errands.

Nope, bought it on my first visit there to get groceries. I didn't do any errands in the game yet.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Nope, bought it on my first visit there to get groceries. I didn't do any errands in the game yet.

I've only ever seen it available during festivals.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,922 Member
    vj0PGUO.png
    I just love the view of this world so much! <3
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    While Daniel was doing various farm chores and out of curiosity, I watched Swirl leave the farm wondering where the little fluff ball was going. Swirl did not poof and disappear, he crossed two bridges and went to the rabbit home on the Creature Keeperā€™s farm which is on the other side of The Bramblewood. Little details such as this is why Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying Cottage Living.

Swirl crossing his first bridge with one more to go.
    Swirl.jpg

To everyone involved in Cottage Livingā€”thank you. Please continue on this path while striving to improve future packs and kits. šŸ‘šŸ‘
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    While Daniel was doing various farm chores and out of curiosity, I watched Swirl leave the farm wondering where the little fluff ball was going. Swirl did not poof and disappear, he crossed two bridges and went to the rabbit home on the Creature Keeperā€™s farm which is on the other side of The Bramblewood. Little details such as this is why Iā€™m thoroughly enjoying Cottage Living.

Swirl.jpg

To everyone involved in Cottage Livingā€”thank you. Please continue on this path while striving to improve future packs and kits. šŸ‘šŸ‘

Did you use the new "camera follow" option to stalk him? :wink:
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options

Swirl.jpg

Did you use the new "camera follow" option to stalk him? :wink:

I did it the old fashion way because I didn't realize those features were added. I'll have to check them out and start using them. Thanks. :)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited September 2021
    Cottage living and it's Simple Living lot Challenge has got me into gardening more. Before I never bothered with it much outside of flowers but now since I can either grow my own produce and save or spend 500+ simoleons every few days. Plus it nice having a little challenge even if it is pretty easy to manage.

I will say that I have been playing in Windenburg so having a garden is easy. Won't be so easy once I start playing a household in San Myshuno
  • Options
    edited September 2021

@Simmerville I added a puppy to my farm to see. Puppies get the same thought bubbles as a dog. So yes, they interact with the animals. Dogs and puppies can even scare a bunny if they bark at the bunny. The bunny will either run into the rabbit home or run off the farm.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,672 Member

@Simmerville I added a puppy to my farm to see. Puppies get the same thought bubbles as a dog. So yes, they interact with the animals. Dogs and puppies can even scare a bunny if they bark at the bunny. The bunny will either run into the rabbit home or run off the farm.

Thanks! That's good to know, and also makes it more fun to have a puppy around. Assuming kittens will react too, then. *imagines kitten/puppy communicating to little yellow chicken* ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    My sim with simple living lot challenge somehow got orange juice from the fridge. I think it was from the fridge anyway, not sure where she would have got it from otherwise.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My sim with simple living lot challenge somehow got orange juice from the fridge. I think it was from the fridge anyway, not sure where she would have got it from otherwise.

We can still get orange juice because it's a specific drink that alleviates illnesses. Sims still need to be able to heal illnesses with orange juice or tea from the tea maker (rather than buying medicine) so I guess they omitted orange juice from the challenge restrictions, which makes sense.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imt0SFbCmwA
    My only family so far to move into HOB has a hunting dog, and now also has 3 chickens and a rooster. They have a pond, a greenhouse, some outdoor plots, and room for a llama, a cow, another chicken shed.and room for a fizzy shed. They are adults, He is very high in handiness and fishing ( works on the wood working bench a lot ), and has the fishing job currently. (4 hrs. ) She does most of the gardening ( high level ) and cooking and knits, they both help with the chickens. They both play with Britt their dog. I added a pee bush to the lot, and Britt ( named long before cottage living was known to be coming ) often needs a bath because of interacting with a skunk in the bush, but also drops mystery boxes and feathers autonomously. I use the simple lot challenge and hope to be able to befriend rabbits and birds. ( there is room for a rabbit hole and bird tree too ). I would like to be able to give them a country kitchen when they can afford it. I havenā€™t added bee boxes, bug boxes or the meat wall yet, but hope to be able to include a little of that too later. So, Iā€™m sure they will be busy. They have two grandchildren (a male child and teenage female ) that may move in with them occasionally for weekends, or vacation periods ), as there is a room for them.

The bug that reverts my greenhouse plants to dirt slows down my game a lot. As I have to check the greenhouse and save often. I go back to the main screen when plants revert for some reason or other snd start again, itā€™s the most annoying bug. Also, new plants I grow inside have been growing, but are very dark for some reason. I hope the dev team are able to fix gardening.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top