Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sept. 2021 Paid content speculation

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Nothing
    83bienchen wrote: »
    The thing is, while an occult player might be interested in only a few different types of occults, non-occult players mostly do not want anything occult in their game. Non occult players will always have a lot to whine about as every occultish thing is not their cup of tea, while occult players might be whining about the same pack as the occultish thing is not what they prefer or not as in depth as they would prefer it to be.
    Not much EA can do about that problem, but we already lived through at least three and a half iterations of The Sims and are still there so I guess we'll make it through the rest of this iteration as well.

In the end, it is EA who decide which pack they think they can make the most money off with the least work involved, so we can as well sit back, wait and see what they'll release whenever the next announcement is due.

True, but it’s still frustrating to see the non-occult players complaining in occult specific threads. There’s almost always somebody who wants “none” to be an option in “what occult would you like to see next” threads. I don’t pop into “how should they improve babies” threads to say that they shouldn’t do that because I want more occults instead.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Game Pack
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    The thing is, while an occult player might be interested in only a few different types of occults, non-occult players mostly do not want anything occult in their game. Non occult players will always have a lot to whine about as every occultish thing is not their cup of tea, while occult players might be whining about the same pack as the occultish thing is not what they prefer or not as in depth as they would prefer it to be.
    Not much EA can do about that problem, but we already lived through at least three and a half iterations of The Sims and are still there so I guess we'll make it through the rest of this iteration as well.

In the end, it is EA who decide which pack they think they can make the most money off with the least work involved, so we can as well sit back, wait and see what they'll release whenever the next announcement is due.

True, but it’s still frustrating to see the non-occult players complaining in occult specific threads. There’s almost always somebody who wants “none” to be an option in “what occult would you like to see next” threads. I don’t pop into “how should they improve babies” threads to say that they shouldn’t do that because I want more occults instead.

You personally might not do this, but it happens all the time. So it's not a thing which only happens to occult threads.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    Dakota88 wrote: »

You personally might not do this, but it happens all the time. So it's not a thing which only happens to occult threads.

okay but what if i want occult babies? :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    verkay123verkay123 Posts: 14 New Member
    Stuff Pack
    [quote="elelunicy;c-17958391"]Hopefully both the kit and the game pack update are coming this month so that we can get a game pack or at least a stuff pack in September.

They really should release 2 stuff packs and 2 game packs per year at a bare minimum. Along with 2 EPs and 6 kits they can easily accomplish 12 releases a year so that we get something new every month.[/quote]

Do you think there will be a new pack this month?
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Game Pack
    verkay123 wrote: »
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Hopefully both the kit and the game pack update are coming this month so that we can get a game pack or at least a stuff pack in September.

They really should release 2 stuff packs and 2 game packs per year at a bare minimum. Along with 2 EPs and 6 kits they can easily accomplish 12 releases a year so that we get something new every month.

Do you think there will be a new pack this month?

Hopefully something occult based, while most of fandom has to wait months for their packs, us occult simmers have to wait every 4 years for our packs, we've been patient enough and we'll riot if we don't get something this year.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Game Pack
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Dakota88 wrote: »

okay but what if i want occult babies? :sunglasses:

Would totally love that, I might try playing occults if that was possible and if kids had first abilities and such!
  • Options
    gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    edited September 2021
    Game Pack
    Do you think there will be a new pack this month? yes I think we will get fairy's or werewolf's in October but I've been wrong before
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack
    At this point I think there definitely won't be any new paid content this month since nothing has been announced and the Spa Day update and industrial kit just came out.

Also guess we're not gonna get another game pack this year as we've never had one after September 10th, I'm expecting an EP in November as usual and that'll be it for the year, possibly a stuff pack before the end of the year but kits might mean they won't release as many (thank goodness)

As for my hopes, I'm really hoping the last big pack of the year will be something more out there. It's been seven years and half of the supernatural occults are still missing. I'm just so bored of waiting at this point. Praying it won't be another pack centred around suburban living or house building
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Game Pack
    Onverser wrote: »
    At this point I think there definitely won't be any new paid content this month since nothing has been announced and the Spa Day update and industrial kit just came out.

Also guess we're not gonna get another game pack this year as we've never had one after September 10th, I'm expecting an EP in November as usual and that'll be it for the year, possibly a stuff pack before the end of the year but kits might mean they won't release as many (thank goodness)

I still hope we get some news about whats coming
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    Stuff Pack

SP04 Spooky Stuff was announced on Sept. 23rd and released on Sept. 29th.

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Stuff Pack

I mean they're unlikely to release more content so soon since we just got a big update and a kit
  • Options
    Game Pack
    they're unlikely to release more content so soon I think if we are lucky we will get a gamepack in October but we will just have to wait and see
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack

I mean they're unlikely to release more content so soon since we just got a big update and a kit

Think about the timeline

July 22 - EP11
    August 26 - SP25 (kit)

Last week of September - SP19
    October - Nothing
    First week of November - EP12
    First week of December - SP24 or kit

Almost a pack released every 4-5 weeks
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Kit
    I wonder if we’ll only get one stuff pack per year. Paranormal Stuff was in Jan. I hope more kits don’t mean less stuff. 🤷🏼‍♂️
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack
    I hope more kits don’t mean less stuff. 🤷🏼‍♂️

2015 : 8 packs
    2016 : 7 packs
    2017 : 6 packs
    2018, 2019, 2020 : 5 packs

I don't think 2021 will fall to 4 packs due to the kits or the GP02 refresh.

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited September 2021
    well that does make me hopeful for pack before ep cause we only had 3 actual packs (paranormal,dream home,cottage living)

so christmas ep would be 4th
    but then where is the 5th
    shouldn't whatever it is be before the usual christmas ep?

and what is before christmas?
    Spooky season. :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Really hoping it's an Occult based GP, we get them like every 4 years and 2021 is one of those special years where New or Familiar Occults usually show up, it really sucks that the Occult playerbase is stuck on Olympic years while the rest of the player base have to wait a couple months, we have to wait every 4 years for new GPs that suits our playstyle.

That’s not really true. We have realm of Magic, Vampires, Aliens, Mermaids and Ghosts, paranormal I would also consider occultist. So we have 5 occultist type of packs in 7 years. I’m not a big fan of occult’s, but I also don’t mind getting them. But we do get them more often than every 4 years, just not always in GP form. I wouldn’t mind a werewolf pack myself, because I figure they will give us body hair before it’s release which I am looking forward to.
    Rule 1 of being an occult player: if it's not a playable lifestate, it doesn't count.

People cite Spooky Stuff, JtB, and Paranormal as occult packs.
    Spooky Stuff was a Halloween-based pack, JtB was essentially a destination world with people in costumes, and Paranormal was skill and career-focused.

All three have one thing in common: All are based on something out of the ordinary. Lack of realism does not an occult make. Similarly, I could say the same for DHD, Vintage Glamour, and Get Famous when it comes to realism, but not being family-oriented.
    I truly don't get the occult lifestates = only occult game play do occult players just want lifestates to look at? If Paranormal is not a occult pack I seriously don't think any pack ever will be its screams occult. Paranormal (happy haunts) was desperately wanted by occult players they were so upset that people would rather see knitting then their occult game play.

But hey if lifestates are the only true type of game play that counts supernatural players are taking the lead family players have only got toddlers since release I'm still waiting on babies and preteens.
    @ChadSims2
    I misspoke, so let me reiterate:
    Paranormal is not an occult-lifestate pack. While it may be an occult-gameplay pack, it has nothing for those only awaiting the 'lifestate interval' (2 years).

It's not just "looking at lifestates", but moreso playing the "wolf among sheep". Whilst some love having their occults out and about and making everything as fantastical and obviously occult as possible, others (like myself) have sims who eat (people), sleep (in a pool), and make friends (then wipe their memories). They pay rent, fall in love, and put their pants on one twirl at a time, just like everyone else. What they don't do is hunt ghosts, aspire to be the Grim Reaper, or decorate their homes with obviously occult items.

Like I said, one can play on a sliding scale from realistic to fantastical, be it with a normal sim or an occult. For those waiting for the interval, it's more the prospect of slotting something new into their playstyle. I stand by my statement that Paranormal doesn't count (in regards to the interval).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack
    @Simmingal wrote: »
    where is the 5th

September like SP04 Spooky Stuff or December like SP09 Vintage Glamour Stuff

uykqhf0ce774.png
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

They use fiscal years to plan packs, not calendar years. We only had 3 packs in fiscal year 2019 for example.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    verkay123verkay123 Posts: 14 New Member
    Stuff Pack
    [quote="elelunicy;c-17976546"][quote="LeGardePourpre;c-17976398"][quote="ncisGibbs02;c-17976119"]I hope more kits don’t mean less stuff. 🤷🏼‍♂️[/quote]

I don't think 2021 will fall to 4 packs due to the kits or the GP02 refresh.[/quote]

They use fiscal years to plan packs, not calendar years. We only had 3 packs in fiscal year 2019 for example.[/quote]

Do you think there will be paid content this month, it would be nice if new dlc came every month
  • Options
    Stuff Pack
    elelunicy wrote: »

They use fiscal years to plan packs, not calendar years. We only had 3 packs in fiscal year 2019 for example.

FY22 seems to be similar to FY21 and FY20

Packs released in June -> July/August -> September -> November -> January
  • Options
    ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Nothing
    After seeing the game pack refresh with Spa Day, I think that might be all we get this month.

Maybe a stuff pack in October then expansion in December?

It might be too much to ask for another game pack refresh in November too but who knows...
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited September 2021
    Game Pack
    I decided to update my thoughts of a game pack. After the spa day refresh, with the yoga mats of the cycles of the moon, and the nails (possible claws) update, I think we might be getting werewolves before Halloween. I hope we get body hair and eyelashes too with it, or before it!
  • Options
    Game Pack
    I think we might be getting werewolves or fairy's before Halloween but that could just be wishful thinking
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Game Pack
    Paranormal Pack is occult, but it's still only a Stuff Pack.

I want to see more Refreshes.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.