Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims can't finish seeing all his patients because of this bug and I can't change his walk now

There is no use normal walk for this sims anymore, I've already posted about this bug when it first started on EA forum a few months ago, but now this sims is stuck walking like this when I'm playing with him and his walking too slow for him to even see the waiting patients. I know staff said on the EA forum they are working on fixing this but the question is when.

09-08-21_4-52-42_PM.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

2021-09-08_(1).png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

2021-09-08_(2).png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

2021-09-08_(3).png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

new.png

Comments

• SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    "When" cannot be predicted. It's a bug. They didn't mean it to happen. So, they need to a.) be able to cause it to happen in their game and then b.) figure out what is doing that and c.) rewrite the game code in a way that prevents this from happening, but also that does not break anything else. One cannot predict when a solution will be found. QA is aware of it. That's as much as they can or will say.

As a work-around, in the meantime, open your command bar by pressing Ctrl+C, and enter "testingcheats on" (without quote marks).

Then, shift+click the ground at the location of your next patient and select "Teleport Here". Your sim will be moved to the location instantly, and will be able to complete his rounds without hindrance of the slow walk.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    okay but it is slightly funny when doctor is too busy being celeb to actually treat their patients :lol: hope its fixed soon tho
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 846 Member
    misty4m wrote: »
    There is no use normal walk for this sims anymore, I've already posted about this bug when it first started on EA forum a few months ago, but now this sims is stuck walking like this when I'm playing with him and his walking too slow for him to even see the waiting patients. I know staff said on the EA forum they are working on fixing this but the question is when.

Does simply selecting remove fame walk or whatever it's called not work for you? That's what I did and it immediately changed them back to the normal walk.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,574 Member
    You could also just use a mod to disable the fame walk in the meantime:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/ (nocelebritywalkstyle)
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    edited September 2021
    Sindocat wrote: »
    "When" cannot be predicted. It's a bug. They didn't mean it to happen. So, they need to a.) be able to cause it to happen in their game and then b.) figure out what is doing that and c.) rewrite the game code in a way that prevents this from happening, but also that does not break anything else. One cannot predict when a solution will be found. QA is aware of it. That's as much as they can or will say.

As a work-around, in the meantime, open your command bar by pressing Ctrl+C, and enter "testingcheats on" (without quote marks).

Then, shift+click the ground at the location of your next patient and select "Teleport Here". Your sim will be moved to the location instantly, and will be able to complete his rounds without hindrance of the slow walk.

I only use teleport to have my sims enter a locked sims house , teleporting it not really going to help that much if they have to use a x-ray machine
    Post edited by misty4m on
    new.png
    Simmingal wrote: »
    okay but it is slightly funny when doctor is too busy being celeb to actually treat their patients :lol: hope its fixed soon tho

I know the pictures look funny but I'm really unhappy about it truly , I can't enjoy my game with this happening and unable to use walk normal to help them.
    new.png

Does simply selecting remove fame walk or whatever it's called not work for you? That's what I did and it immediately changed them back to the normal walk.

I don't have a Mod in my game , I wanted to wait until they fixed the bug.
    new.png
    83bienchen wrote: »
    You could also just use a mod to disable the fame walk in the meantime:
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/werde-beruehmt-get-famous/ (nocelebritywalkstyle)

Thank you I'll look into it.
    new.png

Now frankenstein would fit in better I think lol really that's what came to my mind when I saw the picture I took of my sim walking too slow to see all his patients

09-08-21_4-52-42_PM.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds

frankwalk.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
    new.png
    Hoping the next patch fix the issue ASAP for the male sims , I'm missing their walk.

sims4malewalk.png?width=960&height=720&fit=bounds
    new.png
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    what fame level is the sim at?
    I have noticed that my sims will start to walk that way at (I believe) 3 stars but I can only disable it when they are at 4 stars.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

RavenSpit wrote: »
    what fame level is the sim at?
    I have noticed that my sims will start to walk that way at (I believe) 3 stars but I can only disable it when they are at 4 stars.

His at 4 stars
    new.png