Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can Franks and Beans make you have twins?

Can the franks and beans food option give you twins? I made two sims based on my aunt and uncle and moved them into willow creek and made them have a baby. I had my aunt make some franks and beans and when she had the baby she had twin girls. I know in sims 3 you can get twins by eating a certain type of food and was wondering if you can do the samething in sims 4?

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    no it does not but you can use the fertile trait reward trait to make it more likely
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • no it does not but you can use the fertile trait reward trait to make it more likely

True as that is (and it is true), it is a definite case of "be careful what you wish for"...if you're not careful, Octomom and the old lady who lived in the shoe will tut-tut you for having too many kids. Putting that reward trait on both parents is a good way to end up having babies like a modern NBA team scores points: 3 at a time.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I think the only food that influences having babies in The Sims 4 is strawberries (for girls, as well as listening to pop music) and carrots (for boys, as wel as listening to alternative music).

The fertile trait reward can increase the chance of twins as @comicsforlife said, as can the On The Ley Line lot tray that comes with City Living.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Franks and beans just makes your sims a bit farty for a while.

I think it's great that Maxis carried over the "eat cartain foods to increase chances of a specific gender" idea. I think it was apples and watermelons back in Sims 3.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

Indeed it does. One of my Young Adult Sims discovered this when she cooked up some Franks and Beans for a visit from her parents. Dad was more than a bit farty...
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »

Well I know what my sim will be eating tomorrow
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    It's just gas.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited September 2021
    Maybe it was just a coincidence.

What I noticed about Franks and Beans is that it makes Sims fart.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    Timoth26 wrote: »
    Can the franks and beans food option give you twins? I made two sims based on my aunt and uncle and moved them into willow creek and made them have a baby. I had my aunt make some franks and beans and when she had the baby she had twin girls. I know in sims 3 you can get twins by eating a certain type of food and was wondering if you can do the samething in sims 4?

No, you can have twins and even triplets naturally. It just doesn't happen very often.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Behappy1st wrote: »

No, you can have twins and even triplets naturally. It just doesn't happen very often.

Triplets happened in my game just when I did not need them. It forced me to move the Scotts out of HoB as their default home was not big enough.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    Yes indeed. My Sim once farted out a set of twins and I decided to call them Frank & Bean S.

Frank & Bean have their own families now. Frank has a gorgeous little girl called Lumpia and Bean is the proud dad of two big healthy boys called Ramen & Gumbo.
  • Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Triplets happened in my game just when I did not need them. It forced me to move the Scotts out of HoB as their default home was not big enough.
    Yes, that happened to me too. Triplets at the worst time possible. LOL!
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »

Yes, that happened to me too. Triplets at the worst time possible. LOL!

I am currently playing an extreme rags to riches cottage living with a gay couple, jake and quince. I thought they were maybe ready to settle down a bit so allowed them to wohoo to "try for a baby". Man what did i unleash?! before i knew what was happening BOTH men were pregnant and when they gave bith, within hours of each other, they had a daughter, Ember, and TWIN boys, Heath and Flame. TRIPLETS!!!!!!!!!!! *groans inside*
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Yes indeed. My Sim once farted out a set of twins and I decided to call them Frank & Bean S.

Frank & Bean have their own families now. Frank has a gorgeous little girl called Lumpia and Bean is the proud dad of two big healthy boys called Ramen & Gumbo.

Thanks for the belly laugh! :D Unfortunately I spit coffee all over my desk! :#
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited September 2021

I hope you were able to use CAS to make your "Bean" character look the part.
    mrbean_passportpic.jpg
    Strabismus on eyes would be really funny if it was available. You can sort of have it on cats.