March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Do It All Challenge

Comments

• carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @TeeSea
    Thankyou! I'm quite proud of her to be honest
    I think they know that the new neighbour is smokin'
    So far so good! I'm having a lot of fun with it.
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    carlimact wrote: »
    @TeeSea
    Thankyou! I'm quite proud of her to be honest
    I think they know that the new neighbour is smokin'
    So far so good! I'm having a lot of fun with it.

So glad you are having fun!
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    I decided to go down the achievements list for careers so it's the Drama degree at Foxbury.
    June is going to be a comedian
    09-04-21_8-21-15%25C2%25A0PM.png

June headed to the commons to get some food and get supplies
    While there, she played juice pong with her roommate
    09-04-21_8-36-19%25C2%25A0PM.png

She lost
    09-04-21_8-38-54%25C2%25A0PM.png

J invited her out to the festival
    09-04-21_8-55-32%25C2%25A0PM.png

June tried her hand at the hacking competition but didn't win anything
    09-04-21_8-56-53%25C2%25A0PM.png

Because the bathroom is the perfect place to get your presentation together
    09-04-21_9-07-14%25C2%25A0PM.png

June bought herself a bike so she didn't have to run everywhere
    09-04-21_9-12-57%25C2%25A0PM.png

--

So Cameron just decided to die of embarrassment
    09-04-21_9-18-30%25C2%25A0PM.png

Thus, June was late for class that day
    Rude
    09-04-21_9-18-58%25C2%25A0PM.png

--
    Things I'm achieving in this generation:
    Completing the Drama Degree
    Maxing the Entertainment Career (Comedian)
    Max her aspiration
    Max at least one skill associated with career
    Do the Mile High club achievement
    Complete a collection/crafting
    @carlimact
    Great update.
    Nice goals for your first Generation!
    Doing your homework in the bathroom makes total sense... :D
    Well I guess Cameron isn't graduating.
    edited October 2021
    Post edited by TeeSea on
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @TeeSea commenting on update 4 :) Haley and Gillis are so adorable together <3 Love how you took the screenie where Haley was splashing Gillis with her tail, very creative :) Aww the night time photo looks as if they are looking at each other in the same bed.

@carlimact your sim June is beautiful <3 Congratulations on being accepted into university :)

@TeeSea commenting on update 5 :) Love your new photo frame intro <3 Oh my naughty pups having a fight about food. The fire dancing pic is cool, must say Gillis looks as if he might burn himself soon :o What a lovely update.

@carlimact Oh poor June, looks like she is taking it real hard that she lost at juice pong. Oh gosh poor Cameron having to die that way.

@TeeSea commenting on update 6 :) Dinner for ice cream is the best. Aww love how Haley and Gillis are sleeping in the ocean, that is adorable <3 Oh my gosh noooooooooo :(:( not the pups :( Gosh what a heartbreaking update :(
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    @carlimact Like TeeSea said, June is a very good looking sim. I hope she doesn't ride that bicycle inside any buildings. There are rules about that. (or at least there should be).

@TeeSea The story of Orion and Pearl reminds me a little bit of the opening to the Pixar movie "Up". On a totally different tangent, I kept reading Orion's name as 'Onion', and Onion and Pearl are characters in an animated show I used to watch.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
    @jbadger12 are you talking about Steven Universe :D
    @mcrudd Yes! I wasn't aware that people outside the U.S. knew about it.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    jbadger12 wrote: »

My daughter loves it. She watches it on Cartoon network, she knows every single song LOL.
    edited September 2021
    mcrudd wrote: »

My daughter loves it. She watches it on Cartoon network, she knows every single song LOL.

My husband introduced me to Steven Universe. I haven't watched past the second season but I thought it was quite good.
    He also said he kept reading Onion and Pearl not because of Steven Universe but because of the pearl onion.
    @carlimact Like TeeSea said, June is a very good looking sim. I hope she doesn't ride that bicycle inside any buildings. There are rules about that. (or at least there should be).

@TeeSea The story of Orion and Pearl reminds me a little bit of the opening to the Pixar movie "Up". On a totally different tangent, I kept reading Orion's name as 'Onion', and Onion and Pearl are characters in an animated show I used to watch.

I don't remember the beginning of the movie Up. I've seen it a handful times but not in last 2-3 years.
    @mcrudd
    I thought that too about when I saw they were facing each other.
    I have never had a dog fight in my game so it surprised the heck out me. I had the camera angled so I could keep an eye on all 4 of them and I saw Pearl growling at Orion and the next thing I knew there was a fight. Their traits would never indicate this sort of thing happening. I guess I just never thought that would happen without the glutton or aggressive traits.

@all
    Thanks for stopping by. Thanks for all you kind comments. Have a good one!
  • MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    edited September 2021
    @carlimact:
    Keep in mind that J Huntington has the Commitment Issues trait, so he wouldn't really be marriage material. Also, if your Sim marries him, her last name will be Huntington III, a fact that I find a bit irritating. (And is probably the reason they made him have that trait, so that his wife and kids wouldn't "inherit" that last name.) Besides which, he has those SCARY stalker looking eyes. Man, that guy looks creepy to me!

Travis is cool, though. I can't remember, but I think he's a bit of a nerd, which I always find fun to play. Me being a nerd myself, and all. If you look at his body type in CAS it's a pretty good base, so he won't have a tendency towards paunch or anything.

June is absolutely lovely! Can't wait to see how more of your story turns out.

@TeeSea:
    As always, I love your stories. I take it that he was sad because of something from Slice of Life? I tried that because of your recommendation, but hated it within half an hour. I continued to try it for another hour or two, then left the game and removed that mod. I guess it's good for some people, but I really didn't like the effects of it. But then, I don't really like "realism" in my games. I play games to ESCAPE reality. The more fantasy-like, the better. I do want more of a challenge than Sims 4 normally gives, but I really don't like acne and rosacea on my Sims.

I wasn't sure why mcrudd said you'd broken her heart about puppies, unless it's the fact that Pearl is a clone of Orion. I don't know if the game would view the dogs as siblings, but it probably does. At least, I believe it views a clone done on the cloning machine as a sibling, but I don't know if that's how you created Pearl. If you created her in CAS, then they are probably not technically related at all.

Hayley and Gillis are a beautiful couple, and their dogs are cute as buttons. Can't wait to read more. :)

Edit: Awww.. I just read your last post. So sad! :( I had thought the two were just puppies. I wanted to see them longer!
    edited September 2021
    TeeSea wrote: »
    I don't remember the beginning of the movie Up. I've seen it a handful times but not in last 2-3 years.

It starts with a montage of a man and his wife meeting and falling in love, getting married, etc., and then she dies, and he becomes a bitter old man; it all takes place in the first 2-3 minutes. Just kind of a whipsaw of emotion.

fm1Ouiv.jpg
    edited September 2021
    @MiaSkywalker
    No he was just having a mood swing.
    I don't have the My Personality module, My Cycle module or the My Alcohol module for slice of life but I do have everything else. If you don't like the acne you can remove the skin overlay's you don't want from the My Appearance folder. I like it because it does add it some gameplay that the Sims 4 could use. I also prefer the way the Skin Care System works over the new additions to Spa Day. If you don't like a lot random calls I would leave the My Phone module out. I didn't like Slice of Life either until kawaiistacie made it so you add only the modules you wanted. It did take time to get use to but I don't think I could play without it anymore.
    I made Pearl in CAS by making a twin of Orion with the Genetics option then changed the sex to a girl and gave her the opposite floppy ear than her brother. So the game thought they were siblings.

@jbadger12
    I remember now. My husband and I were in tears the first time we saw Up. I do not like the cone of shame.
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 7

2021-09-08_14-03-26.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    @TeeSea I think I saw Lilith Vatore working at the spa in Sulani. I also think Hayley and Gillis's house is on the same lot Elsa just moved into. The his and hers separation of their house makes me think of sitcoms from the 1950's. I like the matching (and expanding) cross-stitch collections next to their rocking chairs.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    @jbadger12
    That wasn't Lilith it was Audrina Myrick:
    myrick.jpg?raw=1
    I just did the his/her thing so it was visually easier for me to remember who's room is who's.
    I really love the cross-stitching in the game.
    It was the hair that got me.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg

Too tired to write my update but here is a funny glitch....

2021-09-09_17-21-41.jpg?raw=1

...and possibly a clue to no what happens next!
    The figure skating equivalent of field hockey? The challenge ends with the tragic demise of the heir? Hayley literally has two left feet?
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    The figure skating equivalent of field hockey? The challenge ends with the tragic demise of the heir? Hayley literally has two left feet?

:D Good guesses but I'm afraid that's no on all of the above.
    edited October 2021
    Do It All Challenge: Generation 1: Update 8

2021-09-09_18-34-02.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo
    Post edited by TeeSea on
    @TeeSea If I'd guessed what I really thought was going to happen, I wouldn't have had as much fun.
    I hardly ever see my sims in their formal wear outside of CAS. That was one of the shortest engagements ever. Lovely wedding, though.
    Good ending to a good update.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg