Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you do when you hate a sim you've created?

I have a sim I made myself; Melinda Crow. I don't really like her, she's a bit boring, hates fishing and gardening. It was supposed to be a rags to riches challenge but she hates everything so I quickly got her in a relationship with one of the pre-generated townies; Alexis Sherwood. I love him, he's so interesting, loves everything and is just easy to like. I also like the child Melinda and Alexis had Timothy.

Usually I keep all my sims in one house until they die of older age/accident/I get fed up and kill them, I've never abandoned a sim before. Do I keep Melinda in the house with her son (he's a child atm) because she's making us money and just concerntrate on Alexis and Timothy? Alexis is having an affair already so I might just break them up and move the affair partner in.

I'm talking as if I'm abandoning my RL daughter (I'd never do that) aren't I?
script>

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited September 2021
    Delete the sim or reinvent them.

depends really cause if i created sim in cas i do not care i just delete

but if sim is born in gameplay or somehow related to it already i keep them

i just leave the household for a bit to play another one until ive thought of fun way to play them
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Torture and kill them off is what I do. Why delete when you can have some fun.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    HTQuackersHTQuackers Posts: 110 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Love this idea thank you
    script>
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    I always let my unwanted sims go into the wild, as it were. That is, I kick them out and let them be the next annoying NPC in the world. If they annoy me too much afterward they get the same treatment as any other annoying townie, which is most often naughty things that spellcasters can do, or using MCCC I might cheat an emotional death for them or just outright delete them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I always let my unwanted sims go into the wild, as it were. That is, I kick them out and let them be the next annoying NPC in the world. If they annoy me too much afterward they get the same treatment as any other annoying townie, which is most often naughty things that spellcasters can do, or using MCCC I might cheat an emotional death for them or just outright delete them.

I don't have the magic one, so I think letting her go out into the wild might be the best way. I might find another annoying townie to pair her up with forever more
    script>
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited September 2021
    Save them to the gallery and then delete them from the save. Or I let them go and they can live as unplayed sims.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited September 2021
    HTQuackers wrote: »

I don't have the magic one, so I think letting her go out into the wild might be the best way. I might find another annoying townie to pair her up with forever more

If you do pair her up, make sure her partner loves fishing and gardening, just so they'll annoy each other more. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    HTQuackers wrote: »

If you do pair her up, make sure her partner loves fishing and gardening, just so they'll annoy each other more. :lol:

Thats epic thank you I laughed so much
    script>
  • Options
    Update; Alexis broke up with Melinda while Melinda was pregnant with their 2nd child. His girlfriend was also pregnant. Moved all of them to a bigger house and Melinda lives in the basement, I occasionally send her to do some gardening and fishing.
    script>
  • Options
    AlexaiAlexai Posts: 186 Member
    I am a benevolent god so I love all my creations. Having said this though, I just leave a less liked sim to their own devices and let them live their life without my interference. MC Command Center helps in this regard.
  • Options
    Alexai wrote: »
    I am a benevolent god so I love all my creations. Having said this though, I just leave a less liked sim to their own devices and let them live their life without my interference. MC Command Center helps in this regard.

I have MCCC so will definitely be playing around with her
    script>
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited September 2021
    I am playing a rags to riches/legacy save and so far I am on gen 7 (newborn baby). Anyway, for my gen 6 I had planned to make him a single father and then I got attached to the wife once she moved in. So I then changed my mind and decided to leave her be. But then she kept pranking the toilet and that was my deciding factor to get rid of her lol.

I moved her into my gen 5 household. He visits her to have more kids. I just brought home baby number 2 and she’s pregnant with baby 3. Maybe when I move on with one of the kids, I’ll put her back in that house. But either way she’s no longer my problem and my one toilet is safe. 😆
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Delete, reinvent, abandon, kill off for the plot, etc. Whatever eases your heart. If I dislike a Sim I made, it is generally because I designed them to be dislikable (having to love everything about them can get pretty boring). However, I do understand what you mean. Sometimes they morph a bit.

I once designed a couple to have a vampire daughter from an affair/ex and I planned to make the toddler practically the Omen kid and her step father miserable. He turned out to be a great father and all around great Sim (same for her). I never expected to get attached to either. Funny how it works out like that.

As for Melinda in particular, I do not often feel the compulsion prematurely end my Sim creations, but I am not particularly merciful either. Especially now that you can shift click with testing cheats and have death by rabbit. Too easy to not be a viable option. So you playing her as long as you have is far more than I would have. At bare minimum I would break them up and focus on her husband's new life. If you still have hope for Melinda, reinvent her and see how a new path treats her. The kid would be wherever I am actively playing/want him.
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    i made one for a storyline of a lazy, terrible wife/woman. She ended up having 4 kids. One night, she autonomously yelled at her husband. Then I locked all of her family, excluding her, into a laundry room and then set it on fire. She lived, and her entire family died. After the blaze was extinguished, i moved her into a tiny little apartment. She then met a new man and got pregnant. She gave birth to twins. 2 days later (i.e., two days after giving birth) she was dead. You may be thinking, 'what happened?'. See, her boyfriend and her fell into irreparable relationship troubles during her pregnancy, and it culminated when her boyfriend cooked some pufferfish nigiri. She ate it. My female sim died. Then her husband came home. He then collected her life insurance (I give my sims varying numbers of life insurance money after a family death). He then married a nice girl who he married. They had 4 kids and then they moved into the HoB.
  • Options
    StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    The sim I was playing had (past tense) a girlfriend who he caught cheating on him. He had those bright red Angry emotions for a few days, and a long-term memory of the event. The girlfriend had nothing, she was obviously unaware that my sim had seen her. I immediately started ignoring her calls, and if she visited I'd just leave her at the door waiting.
    I edited her likes and dislikes to hate fitness, and changed her "Active" trait to "Slob". I would send sims over to her house and force feed her Lobster Thermidor. She swelled up like a balloon. My original sim befriended and married one of her house mates, and they now have a son.
    I don't kill off disliked sims, but I do prank them and they serve a purpose as the butt of jokes.
  • Options
    kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    I was wondering what to do about a Sim I made that I didn’t care for when she was killed by a rabbit. I didn’t even know Sims could be killed by rabbits.
  • Options
    Cinebar wrote: »

Ding! Sometimes I'm merciful and let them die through a fairly quick method like putting summer clothes on and sending them out on a freezing winter day (or the inverse in summer), since that tends to kill them inside of an hour or two in-game.

Other times, I find more creative ways to off 'em. Like giving them a bubble blower, waiting for them to get good n' dazed, then sending them to try and upgrade or repair electronic equipment. Or putting them into a fenced-off pool then leaving the speed at 1 while I pop some popcorn and watch a YouTube video or a ballgame on my second monitor as the slow decline into doom happens on my first monitor.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I was wondering what to do about a Sim I made that I didn’t care for when she was killed by a rabbit. I didn’t even know Sims could be killed by rabbits.

I saw Nancy Landgraab killed by a rabbit in one of lilsimsie's LPs -- hilarious!
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Either kill or delete them, depending of whether or not they are connected to sims I like.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Abandon my disliked sim without a qualm.

Migrating to TS4 from 3, it took me a while to learn the differences in the game. I probably went through two or three attempted starting households before a sim really "stuck". He's still a "tester" sim for new packs, and a clone of him became one of my Founders.

Some sims work out, some don't. I let the ones that don't go, and that's that.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Turn her into an Occult and make her a villain. Then she'll be more interesting. >:)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited September 2021
    I have several sims who turned out to be aggravating. I tried to make one guy and girl a couple but they weren't interested in each other. I sure didn't want to inflict them on anyone I might like, so I've made them unplayable and generally ignore them. Whenever they walk by I just give 'em the evil eye and let them be.

Some day there may be a culling event... >:)
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I was going to suggest you delete the Sim you don't care for, but I think you can just take her back into cas.fulleditmode and change what it is that troubles you. Give her new Traits, change out her likes and dislikes, whatever makes you not like her. Give her a chance. Or forever doom her to the Bin. I had a Sim I especially created for my Superstar in Sims3. They fell in love got engaged, and on Gift-Giving Day, right in front of his entire family, she openly and unabashedly flirted with Erik's only brother-in-law. His sister was newlywed, too. It was so shameful, I immediately exiled that Sim to the Bin. To this day, she's still there. Life sentence. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    I usually just go into manage households and take them off the rotation, be free!

If it's in a story I'm doing (in my head) the father, spellcaster who I did not like (no reason) had to die because the mom, second gen and spellcaster had a girl baby with strong bloodlines, third gen and powerful witch. I think that's the only sim I actually took out on purpose, not a good feeling. :/
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    I send them to my vampire retirement retreat. They will live out the rest of their days in an alternative dimension where time flies by faster for them (and of course, the vampire caretakers are unaffected) as retired Sims serving as vampire snacks volounteers. If said Sim happens to be a vampire, the vampires will force a cure upon him, then he'll become a snack as well.

(Not many of my Sims gets this honor, though. It's usually a townie that gets the spot, if they manage to anger me by flirting with one of my married Sims or breaking into my house yet again). Sometimes, awful fashion nets them a place. I'm a forgiving creator, but examples must be set.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.