Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Installing CC for Ultimate Collection (purchased through App Store)

lalalalalolaalalalalalolaa Posts: 2 New Member
Hi everyone,
So I bought UC through the app store last week and I've been trying to install CC since but haven't worked out a way to do that.
Because its installed through the app store the usual folders (EA Games> Sims 2> Downloads) aren't in my documents so I can't just simply place files in a downloads folder.
I've downloaded the package installed but have no idea how that works and when I've tried to get it to work it hasn't.
Any help would be amazing,
Thank you xo

Comments

• JULES1111JULES1111 Posts: 4,489 Member
    The app store? Are you on Mac? That would be the super collection not UC. I did a little digging and I think this thread has the answers you are looking for.

http://modthesims.info/t/530610
  • LutefiskLutefisk Posts: 92 Member
    Ooh I know this one! If it's for the Super Collection on Mac, it's a pretty convoluted path to get there but it IS possible. I've installed loads of old CC and mods and they all work perfectly even though it's an updated version.

Let's see if I get this right, here's how you get there for me:

Go to FINDER-->

Click on you name on the left hand column-->

You will need to click on a folder called "Library". (I believe on Macs this is hidden by default so in Finder you will need to activate "Show Hidden Folders" if "Library" is not appearing, I'm so sorry I can't remember at the moment how you do that since I'm pretty computer illiterate but Google will help!)-->

Containers-->

com.aspyr.sims2.appstore-->

Data-->

Library-->

Application Support-->

Aspyr-->

The Sims 2-->

Downloads--> Put your CC here! (This folder should already be there, if it isn't just make a folder called "Downloads" with a capital D)

Phew, that was a long way to get to that folder. That's how it is on my computer and I believe it should be similar on other Macs. Let me know if it works for you!
  • lennyerlennyer Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Lutefisk said:
    > Ooh I know this one! If it's for the Super Collection on Mac, it's a pretty convoluted path to get there but it IS possible. I've installed loads of old CC and mods and they all work perfectly even though it's an updated version.
    >
    > Let's see if I get this right, here's how you get there for me:
    >
    > Go to FINDER-->
    >
    > Click on you name on the left hand column-->
    >
    > You will need to click on a folder called "Library". (I believe on Macs this is hidden by default so in Finder you will need to activate "Show Hidden Folders" if "Library" is not appearing, I'm so sorry I can't remember at the moment how you do that since I'm pretty computer illiterate but Google will help!)-->
    >
    > Containers-->
    >
    > com.aspyr.sims2.appstore-->
    >
    > Data-->
    >
    > Library-->
    >
    > Application Support-->
    >
    > Aspyr-->
    >
    > The Sims 2-->
    >
    > Downloads--> Put your CC here! (This folder should already be there, if it isn't just make a folder called "Downloads" with a capital D)
    >
    >
    > Phew, that was a long way to get to that folder. That's how it is on my computer and I believe it should be similar on other Macs. Let me know if it works for you!

Hi my sim2 aspyr folder is empty even after opening the game can you help?
  • EA_LannaEA_Lanna Posts: 3,867 EA Community Manager
    Hi @lennyer, this thread hasn't been active in 6 years. It would be best to pop open a new thread once you've leveled up your account. Check out this thread to learn what is needed to level up and this thread for an FAQ on necroposting.
    • New Simmers, take a moment to read through this thread.
    • The Help Center is hosted on Answers HQ. Check out EA_Mage's thread on why.
    • Please post all Sims 4 Bug Reports, Technical and Gameplay issues in the AHQ Sims 4 Section.
    • Here is a quick link to The Sims forum rules
    oa2aib6yaucg.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top