Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you want to see in a pack refresh for Island Living?

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
Beautiful world, nice cas, and build/buy, but probably one of the most underwhelming EP's for me.

-A Sulani cultural skill like Selvadorada skill? Thought it was pretty nice and seeing one for Sulani for you to learn more about their culture or be taught by the native sims there would be pretty nice.
-More depth to mermaids. Would like to see a skill tree for mermaids much like Vampires and Spell casters.
-More water and beach related activities for sims (Sims being buried in the sand, volley ball, Marco polo, breath holding competitions, parasailing)
-Two sims being able to be on a boat.
-More of a interactive Life guard career?
-Better Island Events (Maybe seeing island natives with instruments like drums and the like playing and more)
-Wouldn't mind seeing one of those big honking surfing machines like from the Sims spin off games
-Would like a rustic looking bassinet or perhaps even a mermaid lookin' one.
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    Definitely mermaid depth. I want a perk/skill/power tree like vampires. Plus some QoL mermaid details. I've always liked the tail showing up in the bath and more stuff like that would be appreciated. I would also be happy with any extra stuff added to CAS, etc. here.

Definitely more water activities and activities in general. I don't have to have it, but underwater would be really nice. Especially with mermaids.

I really like Sulani as a world. It is one of my favorites. However, I agree the culture could use some buffing. I know the festivals were stated to be informal, but if I am resident I should know enough to be able to attend them. I would not turn down a culture skill, but I am not sure that should be the way ago. With residential worlds, like IL's and SE's, I like the cultural differences offered in a variety of ways, rather than it feeling like something you have to learn like vacation only JA. I do not think I like the idea of having a kid just never learning the skill so they aren't a part of it. Kids do learn their culture, but it is not 1:1 like say a skill.

If I can get them, more traits. Always like more traits. I'd like an ocean focused nature aspiration in particular, but any aspirations. I would certainly like a new skill. Also any extra cross play would be lovely.

I do not really have a huge list of desires for IL in particular. Make mermaids better and give me more stuff, especially cross play, and I will be happy.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Underwater diving lots

Jet Skiing like we had in TS3

Boats for 2 sims eg sim couples

Wind surfing

Resorts and more pool items

Underwater lots for mermaids
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    A livable Mermaid Lagoon hidden world.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Hammocks
    Hula dancing
    A big boat or a raft to fit 8 sims so you could potentially travel with the entire household
    Island drums
    Island folklore about the volcano and the big statues around the island that elder sims could tell their grandchildren
    Diving for pearls or oysters with the chance to find pearls that you could string and make a necklace
    More seafood dishes with prawns, crabs, lobsters, etc.
    Fruit cocktails
    Beach volleyball without a net
    Surfing
    Climbing for coconuts
    Parrots
    Sandcastle competitions
    Conch blowing competitions
    Surfing and sailing competitions
    Beautiful orchids to grow and decorate the house with
    Weaving of banana leaves mats and rugs
    Some sort of medicinal potions to cure sea sickness, poisons, etc.
    Underwater neighbourhood for mermaids
    Buried pirate treasure that sims could find
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Definitely mermaid depth. I want a perk/skill/power tree like vampires. Plus some QoL mermaid details. I've always liked the tail showing up in the bath and more stuff like that would be appreciated. I would also be happy with any extra stuff added to CAS, etc. here.

Definitely more water activities and activities in general. I don't have to have it, but underwater would be really nice. Especially with mermaids.

I really like Sulani as a world. It is one of my favorites. However, I agree the culture could use some buffing. I know the festivals were stated to be informal, but if I am resident I should know enough to be able to attend them. I would not turn down a culture skill, but I am not sure that should be the way ago. With residential worlds, like IL's and SE's, I like the cultural differences offered in a variety of ways, rather than it feeling like something you have to learn like vacation only JA. I do not think I like the idea of having a kid just never learning the skill so they aren't a part of it. Kids do learn their culture, but it is not 1:1 like say a skill.

If I can get them, more traits. Always like more traits. I'd like an ocean focused nature aspiration in particular, but any aspirations. I would certainly like a new skill. Also any extra cross play would be lovely.

I do not really have a huge list of desires for IL in particular. Make mermaids better and give me more stuff, especially cross play, and I will be happy.

Yeah, I can see what you mean, but I'd like to think with 'Island Living' I think there would be more culture related things revolving around it, since it's not some touristy attraction place like Hawaii or something to that effect.

My personal refresh for Sulani isn't super big definitely a bit more depth with mermaids for sure. The career with that pack has far more depth than mermaids when you get further into the branch when you play with it.

For the most part just more activities to do, especially when sims are visiting for vacation. Just give me more of a reason to visit Sulani.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I’d love to see mermaids upgraded to be on par with spellcasters and vampires. I want build/buy options that allow my mermaid to basically live fully in the water without the need to spend anytime on land, whether that be via a hidden mermaid world or special items that stay in the water and let them fulfill their needs. Mermaid aspirations. Island themed recipes.

I’d love for the conservationist career to more accessible to mermaids; some of the diving options aren’t available. Mermaids should have their own career branch and method of cleaning up the island.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I definitely think more more underwater life for mermaids. Surfing and more beach activities would be nice. Maybe crafting from seashells, etc. I don’t really want to see resorts, because one of Sulani’s main appeals to me is that this is more of an indigenous culture without the negative effects of modern corporate overdevelopment. A new beach town, based on a more urban location (like Miami, for example) would be better suited to resorts, I think.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Get rid of the limitation that prevents mermaids using dock ladders. They can use pool ladders and out of water ladders. It's ridiculous that the pack they came in includes the one ladder they can't use. It feels like some one just didn't have the time to add the mermaid flip to change out of their tail. This pretty much puts me off playing them completely as I can build a completely in the water home but the only type of sim that can't use it is.. mermaids!
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Underwater gameplay.
    With mermaids and diving I wanna be able to actually be underwater with them.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Underwater gameplay /deep diving, but I'm not sure if that's too much for a refresh.
  • AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    At the very least mermaid grave/urn and crib and the lazy programming that doesn't just make them transform to use dock ladders. They manage it to use boats I don't understand the issue.... so much of that pack screams cut corners.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Some kind of mermaid update. They could use some more love.

Also more water activities and boat options. Like more than one person can get on a boat, some water skiing, etc.

If it’s not too much some deep diving with underwater lots. At least 3 and a secret mermaid one as well.

I’ll say what they did with spa day surprised me. I never thought it would get so much added into it. So if island living got the same treatment next I’d be so ecstatic. I know some are saying dine out should be next but it really just needs bug fixes not a refresh that would cause more issues with an already broken pack. That’s my two cents anyway.
  • ElisdreamElisdream Posts: 295 Member
    edited September 2021
    Mermaid bassinet and rustic bassinet ❤️
    Mermaid toddlers and mermaid kids. Mermaid toddlers could have fish fins in the arms and legs as second form 🐠 I don't see why kids can't have a mermaid tail already but whatever. I know enabling a second form for mermaid kids would require an update for other occults as well, but, if they don't wanna do it, mermaid kids and toddlers could at least special moodlets from playing and swimming in the ocean and could find special objects on the sand quicker than other kids and stuff like that.
    I wish sims could dive.
    I wish there was special lots underwater for mermaids.
    I wish two sims could go on a boat together.
    Better festivals. Festivals are always so neglected.
    Better island spirits. It was a bit disappointing to call an ancient island spirit only to impress it when my sim took out the trash. 🙃🤷‍♀️
  • SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    Underwater exploration and lots. Underwater wildlife that we could swim with (I'm really picturing TS3 here).
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited September 2021
    Underwater gameplay. I literally cannot stress that enough!

It would be so pretty with The Sims 4’s art style too! I’m imagining something between land Sulani and Sixam
  • sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    More depth to the careers that came with it.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The thing about Island Living is if it gets a refresh it will probably be in the Summer in June.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    being able to explore underwater areas with oxygen tanks, perhaps with a cut scene (Sims 2 style) if loading time is required, view underwater areas better for snorkeling, more styles of tiki torches, Easter Island head decorations, hidden lots/islands, waterskiing.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • VeganisinizVeganisiniz Posts: 51 Member
    Kava as a club activity. (Would allow something similar to kava ceremonies)

Poi/Popoi

Pandanus fruit

Kūlolo
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Surfing with game play tied to it beyond just surfing maybe competition
    Dive lot added
    Jet ski rideable by 2 Sims
    Hotel system
    Beach volleyball playable by at least 4 Sims
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Like others have already said more depth to mermaids. I'd love a skill tree. I'd definitely play mermaids more if they had more skills and different skills. There could be more CAS options as well such as different kinds of ears and fins.

I also agree that more watergames would be fun and it would be great if two (or more) sims were able to sit in/use a boat at the same time.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Island folklore about the volcano and the big statues around the island that elder sims could tell their grandchildren
    This! I'd love it so much! I wish Sulani had more interactable world and the statues would help with that :love: It would also make exploring the world more fun. The competitions sound fun too!
    Elisdream wrote: »
    Mermaid bassinet and rustic bassinet ❤️
    Mermaid toddlers and mermaid kids. Mermaid toddlers could have fish fins in the arms and legs as second form 🐠 I don't see why kids can't have a mermaid tail already but whatever. I know enabling a second form for mermaid kids would require an update for other occults as well, but, if they don't wanna do it, mermaid kids and toddlers could at least special moodlets from playing and swimming in the ocean and could find special objects on the sand quicker than other kids and stuff like that.
    Better island spirits. It was a bit disappointing to call an ancient island spirit only to impress it when my sim took out the trash. 🙃🤷‍♀️
    Yes please! Special moodlets and abilities for mermaid toddlers would be so cool :love: I haven't played with island spirits yet, but I'm going to do that, so I'd like the spirits being cool and not underwhelming.

And I'd like to be able to push a sim into the volcano :innocent:
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Poor Island Living. It should have been a bright jewel in Maxis's crown, but ended up being the worst EP Maxis created for Sims4. The fact it came with so many bugs on top of feeling so unfinished and meh, broke my heart. The world is far too small, the mermaids are more of an afterthought than a full fledged occult, only one Sim in a boat so no romantic sailing trips at sunset for couples, no underwater dive spots or mermaid hangouts, the near nonexistence of a true island culture, no new beach activities like volley ball, no new water activities such as board surfing, only one Sim can ride on a jet ski, the aspirations were too easy to accomplish, no Island specific dances or gatherings ( those dumb bonfires where every Sim is doing the same fire twirling dance doesn't count because that was taken from Get Together). I have many more but it would take too long to list them here. Yes to Island Living getting a total redo, not just a refresh. And if that ever happens I hope the teams take the time to read all of your posts because it seems we're all in agreement IL needs a lot of work.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Mermaids deserve a skill tree.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hammocks
    Hula dancing
    A big boat or a raft to fit 8 sims so you could potentially travel with the entire household
    Island drums
    Diving for pearls or oysters with the chance to find pearls that you could string and make a necklace
    More seafood dishes with prawns, crabs, lobsters, etc.
    Fruit cocktails
    Beach volleyball without a net
    Surfing
    Climbing for coconuts
    Parrots
    Sandcastle competitions
    Conch blowing competitions
    Surfing and sailing competitions
    Beautiful orchids to grow and decorate the house with
    Weaving of banana leaves mats and rugs
    Some sort of medicinal potions to cure sea sickness, poisons, etc.
    Underwater neighbourhood for mermaids
    Buried pirate treasure that sims could find

I grew up in a beach city and would love to see many things from this list come to life, especially sandcastle competitions and beach sports like volleyball, surfing. I think IL should get the same level of appreciation as JA including a Sulani Skill, island dancing and beach exploration.

And obviously, more mermaid inspiration. Please fix mermaids.
  • emiobixemiobix Posts: 88 Member
    edited September 2021
    haisin wrote: »

And I'd like to be able to push a sim into the volcano :innocent:

hahaha! Should add this to a new aspiration about becoming an island spirit or something?