Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Praying The Sims 5 is not online...

BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
PleasantSims on her video was talking about how The Sims 5 may be online. Online is where I give up, I don't want to pay for PS4 plus... They will be losing console players too much, not all players have much salary for that. I don't have much games, forgive my ignorance about online games if the system is different. It sounds bonkers to me, what are you simmer's opinions. Au revoir.
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    I think EA are the ones who should be praying that it is not, because if it is, bye bye costumer money. I can already see them doing damage control with their phenomenal game changers, paid to promote another 🐸🐸🐸🐸 online sims game. I even bet you this one will only have the YA lifestage....

I hope the rumors are false or that it's just an optional co-op mode of some sort that I'll never touch. Let's hope that EA finally learned after Simcity 2013....and Anthem....(we all know they didn't lol they keep pushing for online garbage down our throats)
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    bet you this one will only have the YA lifestage....
    :o I hope not, I really don't care for marketing towards teen.

• Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Well....The Sims has always been targeted at teens...and TS2 and TS3 were very good all things considered. TS4 is an exception though, it is targeted at per-schoolers instead :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • BettyNewbie1BettyNewbie1 Posts: 336 Member

Well....The Sims has always been targeted at teens...and TS2 and TS3 were very good all things considered. TS4 is an exception though, it is targeted at per-schoolers instead :p

Absolutely! Not a fan...
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    We can always hope it’s a Sims Online or Sims Social type of game. That’s what I’m praying for, or a feature where we just take one of our favorite sims and played them online. It would be a bonus feature but not something you needed like sending your sim on tour in the sims 3 showtime.

Or your connected to the internet to enjoy the gallery. I like the Gallery but I’d like to be able to see instead the house (one tree placed in the wrong spot and we can’t see the inside) and what cheats we needed to place it.

I never played Sims Online I found out about it a year after it was taken down, meanwhile I enjoyed playing the Sims Social (for the few months until it being on Facebook got to stressful for me).

So yeah I’d rather Sims 5 itself will just be it’s own PC game where as Xbox/Playstation players will get their own versions of Sims 5. As similar/close to the PC version as possible but with different features and towns. I remember wanting to play the Sims 3 on Xbox because of the different towns but I didn’t have the console at the time. I’m a primarily a PC gamer now that I have both options, I play non sims games on my Xbox.

(I hope the skin tone issue is no more for PS4 and Xbox players)
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    Best way we can hope that the sims5 will not be online is to convince EA and their shareholders that it will not be a good idea.

So make sure to remind them of SimCity, Anthem, their decision to not make Dragon Age 4 multiplayer and their decision to let studios have more creative control.

Remind them about online cheating as well and remind them how popular the sims is because of mods (which will not be possible to play with online). Remind their shareholders that making packs for an online environment is also really difficult. Rockstar have to make their DLC free because otherwise people could not play together online.
  • WispyeWispye Posts: 140 Member
    i wouldnt mind a TSO 2
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Best way we can hope that the sims5 will not be online is to convince EA and their shareholders that it will not be a good idea.

So make sure to remind them of SimCity, Anthem, their decision to not make Dragon Age 4 multiplayer and their decision to let studios have more creative control.

Remind them about online cheating as well and remind them how popular the sims is because of mods (which will not be possible to play with online). Remind their shareholders that making packs for an online environment is also really difficult. Rockstar have to make their DLC free because otherwise people could not play together online.

Excellent idea!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    It's not the best time to bring in an online game with purchasable stuff, if not loot boxes. There are so many families around with less money and losing jobs at the moment. Even EA bosses must realise this. The latest kit packs look like a way of making content cheaper. (even if we Simmers don't think so).
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I'm not that bothered of it is. So long as the single player aspect is fleshed out enough. The micro transactions are what worry me.
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    I really hope not just be another way for EA to make money from us
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I dont mind it, I just want to be able to play with my family and it be safe online for any kids
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • MiniWolfsbaneMiniWolfsbane Posts: 16 Member
    :s Gets a big nope from me!! There are some days where my PS4 barely has internet because it's too far from our wifi signal in our living room. Also, I enjoy I can play sims offline now. A lot of games don't have that feature. I have little interest in playing online and don't like talking to people online unless I know them IRL, because it can either be a good experience or a horrible one, (especially if you're bringing up a touchy subject, people will treat you like trash if they think you're attacking them when you aren't, and you can easily be misunderstood or written off as something you're not for thoughts or opinions that go against others or what might be considered "normal". I stepped in it Friday and I'm trying to get past it. Long story, off-topic.)

Anyway, my favorite sims are on my pS4, but I just got my account back and can play on my PC again. I like the status quo. To bring sims online has failed once, it could fail again. If it's not broke, don't fix it.

That said, Sims Social was fun because it was private and I miss it. The little messages that would pop up were cute and gave me a warm feeling. Hope they bring it back in some capacity. That's the only type of online game that really works for sims when you keep it personal.
  • jjrice2233jjrice2233 Posts: 17 Member
    Look good
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Originally Sims4 was designed to be an online game so I didn't pay it any attention. I've played online games in the past and I don't like them. So, I was content to stick with Sims2 & 3. Then word came down that they'd had a change of plans and Sims4 was going to be a single player game, after all. That's when I started reading up on it to see just what it had to offer. I had a love/hate relationship with Sims3, so was understandably leery. For all of the 'innovations' made in Sims3, they sacrificed the Sims, themselves, to my profound regret. I wanted to make sure the Sims would be, hopefully, as funny and lively as they were in Sim2.

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition. (I went all out and bought the most expensive base game for Sims3. Got a nice Plumbob flash drive out of it.) Wasn't going to make that mistake again. I almost canceled my pre-order when it was announced on the weekend just prior to the release that Toddlers weren't going to be in the game. I read their reasoning and happily came to the correct conclusion they would return, once the team had a chance to truly polish them. I cried the day they were patched in without notice! What a fantastic surprise. I didn't cancel but decided to see what they had done — with the codicil that if the Sims, themselves, weren't to my liking I wouldn't spend another penny on the Sims4. Happily, I love them. They aren't quite as quirky/funny as those in Sims2, but they aren't wooden robots, either, as they are in Sims3.

I won't play Sims5 if it remains an online game. You're correct in assuming, since online games tend to be this way, you pay for the base game, and a monthly fee to play it online. Face/palm. Add that to any packs they bring in the future and there goes the grocery money, right? Nope. Not for me. I played WoW for a short time, and not always with my RL family Guild members. Sometimes I would play on my own trying to get the gist of the game, and hone my skills. Too many times another player (total stranger to me) would decide to murder my little Gnome. So not fair. It takes ages to get your character back to where they were in the game upon their demise. So not worth it.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I have a feeling it will have a mode that's online. I wouldn't be mad about it if it did but i understand what you mean about not wanting to have to get ps plus. It's a pain, I have to do this with the elder scrolls on playstation and it's annoying.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I don't mind having a lot of Young Adult stuff - after all, it's Young Adults who go out to parties and gyms and nightclubs - but there's a shocking lack of gameplay for Elders.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    I think most console gamers already pay for PSN. So I really don't see Sims 5 being online hurtig their sales. And I think it would be a horrible idea not to include online. However, I can see there be toxic communities. Especially in a game like the Sims. So my guess is they would have pre-built areas for the Sims community to hangout and interact. With the option to invite other players into your private game world.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top