Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SPA DAY REFRESH!

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Just going to chime in here in case Sim Gurus will read this: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP DOING REFRESHES LIKE THIS!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Calm down, dear. It's our reward for beta testing Cottage Living! :D
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Wow this was really surprising. Trailer was fun + love the music. 😍

Spa Day was already a pretty good GP too so this is neat. I really hope we see more of this soon.
  • FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    > @Duvelina said:
    > What's coming, summed up, based on pictures and the info given:
    >
    > - High Maintenance Trait
    > - Three new aspirations
    > - Face masks
    > - Getting nails done (Toddlers can too!!!)
    > - Kids participating in wellness activities
    > - New clothes? The toddler is wearing a track suit
    > - New massage table + chair
    > - New meditation stool
    > - New yoga mats
    > - New clutter (manicure set)
    > - New mini fridge
    > - Cucumber snack
    >
    > Feel free to add anything to the list!
    > @PlayerSinger2010 said:
    > Oh... Good... The pack i use never. Yay ... 👎

honestly you should! its really nice when you want the sauna for a "rich" build or the massages are really nice cause they help with tense sims and the different bath types are honestly kind of cute. The clothes really aren't that bad either, i use them pretty often! this update will really fix a lot I think, also they're definitely going to rework some of the gameplay to fix interactions between employees and customers, i bet theyll do dineout next. Most comments ive seen have all said dine out and i really hope they do too, it literally takes an entire day to eat a sandwich and the waiters are just helpless.
    > @CAPTAIN_NXR7 said:
    > 💕💅🏼 OMG CAN’T WAIT TO GET ME NAILS DONE! 💅🏼💕
    >
    > On a serious note, this is very cool.
    >
    > In all fairness, it looks like a pretty decent pack overhaul and I think family players will be extremely happy to find that kids can join in on the spa activities. I'm very glad to see this kind of work being done on older packs and I'm looking forward to getting many more pack refreshes in the future, please!
    >
    > I don't want all townies to have pretty nails though. In case that happens, it needs to be nerfed. 😝
    >
    > Also I'm wondering...can I get my High Maintenance sim to become a Yoga Drill Instructor too? That'd be great. I used to have a mod for this, but I would be so much happier if I can do it Vanilla style!
    >
    > Good stuff good stuff. 👍🏼
    >
    >
    > EDIT: I see a yoga matt with moon phases….does this mean…..🌕🐺

yeah townies in general are awful, ive noticed too that outifts randomize each time you open the game, ive been redoing a whole save file and have gone back to the same family more than once and their hot and cold outfits had changed each time. im not sure how to get by that. i hope once i do the families and put them back into "other households" they dont change them again. Because the only way i can get my whole save to not die of old age and pop out random babies is to turn off again for unplayed houses. Sims... please fix this. i really love making townies too tbh, short stories are fun to play with
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited September 2021
    Deleted all my nail polish cc. Finished watching the livestream yesterday and the team really exceeded all of my expectations. Everything being added looks great and will be a welcome addition to my game. The in-game nail polish that will eventually wear off and need touch ups is so realistic.

I use Spa Day all the time; so, the fact that they included gameplay for children and toddlers is awesome. Please continue to add gameplay for children and toddlers since they are part of the family too.

This is my DHD interior designer, Carlie, when she went to the Spa with her family and bestie. The refresh gives these ladies even more pampering options.
    Spa-Day.jpg

I have all kinds of Spa Day outings planned for mommies with their children and toddlers.
    • Little Girls & Bestie Spa Days
    • Bridal Shower Spa Days
    • Baby Shower Spa Days
    • Spa Day Occasions for everyone.

Good stuff for sure. :relaxed:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    EA_Cade wrote: »
    Ahem... Well now that the cat is officially out of the bag...

SPA DAY REFRESH!!!

What are you hoping to see tomorrow in the trailer? Also, shameless plug for our awesome Sims channel where you can catch the trailer and the livestream tomorrow at 10 AM PST ;)

I know you aren't shy about that feedback, so lets hear it!

Edit: Adding direct link to the trailer and the livestream below :)

Interesting that they chose one of the best, yet most underrated, GP's for a refresh. I still remember not feeling this GP at all when it released but still bought it and enjoyed it a lot. I wasn't expecting them to add new features to it though... which is very surprising. And new assets too... The luxury massage table is gorgeous. The face mask feature is absolutely genius, and I like how it isn't something people can easily exploit. Finally something with consequences if you use it too much. Also loving the new nails feature and trait.

I wish the Aspiratons WEREN'T a baby's walkthrough on how to use the content though. The hand holding is still too much. I miss just having one big goal to complete.

Hoping they'll do a refresh to Outdoor Retreat, Get to Work, RoM and Dine Out as well, they need it the most. Perhaps they'll finally let our household sims be the part of the restaurant staff. And I'm still waiting for actually functional cash registers and that shopping bag animation after sims buy something. "Spellcasters" need better balancing and extra fun spells that aren't copy pasted from Get to Work, they are such a bore to play with.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited September 2021
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Just going to chime in here in case Sim Gurus will read this: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE KEEP DOING REFRESHES LIKE THIS!!!! THANK YOU!!!

Calm down, dear. It's our reward for beta testing Cottage Living! :D

You mean our reward for beta testing all of their packs lol.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Looking forward to this!
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited September 2021
    I just saw the Trailer & Livestream for the Refresh, & I am very happy with the variety of different Nail's they did, I so can not wait for Tuesday to get here, :)
    & The Refresh is a update for you No Purchase is required if you own the Spa Day pack already .
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    edited September 2021
    The fact they made this happen is absolutely awesome. I really hope they are able to rework a few other packs that kinda got lost in the early days shuffle. This was the first pack that really made simmers mad because it excluded children, I recall it being a big deal back then. I'm glad they are bringing to life some of the concerns they were met with then, including, but not limited to the yoga instructor option.

I really hope that they can even patch in an update to the stylist chair from Get Famous to both spawn an NPC on Spa lots and to be tend-able as well. Hoping someone has thought of that, because then we could legit make a salon on a spa lot. Or create a retail/salon lot. without needing a pack to do so. You know. Sandbox gameplay. :wink:

I am hoping that Get To Work is on their list as the retail system could use an overhaul and maybe some new stuff for the active careers. Specifically, maybe new jailed sims now and then. I just joined Sims 4 but I can only imagine how annoying it must be to have the same 4 sims in jail as 6 years ago lol like whoa. lol

Anyhoo! I am so excited for Tuesday! I have wanted to make an oasis springs style spa / pool / gym /wellness all in one on one of the larger lots in OS and now I have the motivation to do so!
  • MarvinMouseMarvinMouse Posts: 1 New Member
    I got spay day when it first came out and only ever use the fountains and yoga mats from it, I'm looking forward to seeing it the update will really bring it back to life.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I am excited for this refresh and I hope this is a good sign for future packs. I didn't think the pack was bad as I did have my sims use the massage table and meditation to help them to relax when they were stressed; but this makes it even better. I have been using cc nails for years and so happy now we will get nails in game and can use between adding them in cas (probably do that for sims I am not really playing) or for game play. Also used this mod for facemasks and now this will also been in game (I hope they include acne that isn't just cosmetic in face details in cas).

Next they need to fix Dine Out as it is still full of bugs and maybe update Get To Work so we can run Spas. As for new packs, I hope we will get werewolves eventually (like with nails, they can add claws for example).

As of right now, I am removing all my cc nails. They would need to be updated. Once this patch is out and Sims 4 Studio is updated, I can see people really creating some really cool custom nails that will work in game.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2021
    I hope there are some secret surprises that aren't shown in this trailer - like a set of cucumber glasses.
    Here's an example:

Etsy cucumber glasses

Cucumber on eyes

I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • LoppyLooLoppyLoo Posts: 58 Member
    I really like how you have refresh this pack, but i like to give some information for future, please could be get more longer and challenging aspiration in the sims 4.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,389 Member
    edited September 2021
    They should have added curlers. Missed Opportunity but I'm happy were getting nails and face masks.
  • Nh6650Nh6650 Posts: 7,885 Member
    I think they did a fantastic job and am really looking forward to playing with it.
    Is there any new swatches coming to the bath towel turbans in this refresh?
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    They should have added curlers. Missed Opportunity but I'm happy were getting nails and face masks.

This is so cute! I did not think about curlers before but now that I see this, I want them. This is the perfect mommy pampering herself look! :smiley:
    Peppers wrote: »

This is so cute! I did not think about curlers before but now that I see this, I want them. This is the perfect mommy pampering herself look! :smiley:

Me too and also the wife pampering herself.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,657 Member
    edited September 2021
    Looks good! I really hope we get some nail alternative that is a tad more classy. Most females in my game who use cc nail polish use a neutral faded pale pink that does not stand out more than telling the sim has nice nailes. Following etiquette my noble ladies are not supposed to wear even strong pink, not to mention super long multicolored nails. Hoping for variety, because it would feel a tad werd if I need to keep my cc for the high society women.

I see some mention kids can join spa activities. I'm aware of the yoga only, what else can kids join? Sauna? I'm hoping my spaswiill not be filled with random kids gettimng massage etc, I'd much prefer it to stay a (mainly) adult service. Nice to be able to bring the active kids, though.

PS: Did not watch the stream and only read 1st page of this thread yet, so I might find answers there.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Looks good! I really hope we get some nail alternative that is a tad more classy. Most females in my game who use cc nail polish use a neutral faded pale pink that does not stand out more than telling the sim has nice nailes. Following etiquette my noble ladies are not supposed to wear even strong pink, not to mention super long multicolored nails. Hoping for variety, because it would feel a tad werd if I need to keep my cc for the high society women.

I see some mention kids can join spa activities. I'm aware of the yoga only, what else can kids join? Sauna? I'm hoping my spaswiill not be filled with random kids gettimng massage etc, I'd much prefer it to stay a (mainly) adult service. Nice to be able to bring the active kids, though.

PS: Did not watch the stream and only read 1st page of this thread yet, so I might find answers there.

Kids can join both yoga and meditation now, the former building motor skill and the latter mental skill.
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    I really like what they've done with this. I never expected to look forward to nail polish, but I'm even excited about that. I think they've set a high bar for future "refreshes."