Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Game: How Would You Like Your...?

Comments

• CoogaraCoogara Posts: 71 Member
    My favourite sandwich used to be a chicken schnitzel, but now I’m a vegetarian, so now it’s probably the veg equivalent.

HWYLY friends to treat you?
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,748 Member
    I'd like them to not use me as a comfort blanket all the time, or expect me to be a sidekick that obeys all their commands. I'd like them to listen as well as talk, and also for them to actually be interested in me as a person and not just hang out with me because it's convenient, because they need someone to control in order to cover their own insecurities or because their other friends are busy.
    Basically I like a friendship where everyone can have a laugh and a good time but also value each other equally.

HWYLY art?
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I like bold lines and forms, and restirained use of color, but more emphasis on texture and movement, rhythm and flow. Bold color is good, but color shouldn't be the main point, and I like black/white/grey, with woods and browns, metallics, and reds so long as they are definite and bold, not pinks which often appear grey or orange to me, or just set my teeth on edge as in the case of magenta or hot pink or lavender.
    Also, I like green, but can only see certain types of green, the rest look black, grey, or brown to me.

I also really like dimensional shapes, like the hyperbolic paraboloid, and a lot of the shapes that were popularized in mid-century modern 20th century furnishings and art.

But music is my favorite art of all and visual art that suggests music to me, as the movement of shapes in time, is the best!

You do ask the BEST questions! Same question!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited August 2021
    Aw thanks. (Blimey, there's pressure now! :) )

I like surreal, illustrative art, the kind that I can imagine a fantasy world or story from. One of my favourites of this kind is the Surrealist, Yves Tanguy: BOAZnnV.jpg

I also really like art that has a sense of humour and/or makes a bit of social commentary about the world. One artist that really inspired me to start experimenting with humour and art is Banksy. I first learned about him at Uni and loved the idea of making painted, or sculptural, adjustments on existing things to encourage questions about society's attitudes and traditions (would never be brave enough to do it myself though!):
    CVPTZ35.jpg?1
    (I don't think he actually painted on a real artwork here, I think he just painted over a print).

And @Nushnushganay if you like art that evokes music, have you heard of Wassily Kandinsky? https://www.jasminedirectory.com/blog/wassily-kandinsky-the-painter-of-music/

Now a question. Um... HWYLY trip to the theatre?
  • Justa_G00fJusta_G00f Posts: 1,075 Member
    If you mean movie theater, I'd like it empty with no gum on the floor. If you mean a Broadway-type then, It'd have to be funny and loud enough to hear so I don't fall asleep.😂 And, even though I'm a musician, I can't stand musicals! It doesn't make any sense to me either.

HWYLY monster under your bed?
    How your Sims builds show your meds' effectiveness

ntq84Hk.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,472 Member
    A nice friendly one that understands English and can talk back in English so I can have a friend at least. LOL.

HWYLY picnic?
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
    edited September 2021
    "A jug of wine, a loaf of bread, and thou...." Couldn't resist the opening...excerpt from The Rubaiyat by Omar Khayyam, written 1120 A.C.E.

XII
    A Book of Verses underneath the Bough,
    A Jug of Wine, a Loaf of Bread--and Thou
    Beside me singing in the Wilderness--
    Oh, Wilderness were Paradise enow!

HWYLY roommate if you were going to have one?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • AlpineCuriosityAlpineCuriosity Posts: 2,521 Member
    Someone neat and interesting to talk to, but that you can also be completely comfortably staying quiet with whenever any of us need to focus on studies or something else. ^^

Hwyly ideal/dream partner?
    Someone who is cute, honest, goofy and has a good sense of humor. And someone with a music taste similar to mine.

HWYLY pies?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    The Worst Pies in London XD.

Sweeney Todd aside, I do like savory meat pies. I also love my other pies, from the more common apple, cherry, blueberry, rhubarb, to the lemon meringue I only make on rare occasion, and one that guests used to rave about at holiday dinners I'd host, which was Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Pie. It was certainly rich! Hubs used to love my maple walnut pie (a New England take on Pecan Pie) til I got allergic to walnuts and couldn't make it anymore.

But Pumpkin pie has been one of my faves since always, and if you've never had it except with canned pumpkin, you gotta try it with fresh split pumpkins, oven-roasted til soft and caramelized. Such a difference! Canned pumpkin has this 'off' bitter/sour undertaste and compromized texture. Fresh caramelized pumpkin is velvety and nutty.

Also, I use an antique pie crust recipe from a 1950's version of The Joy of Cooking (Flour Paste Pie Crust is the name of it) that has always been my favorite, a reliable recipe that gives me insanely tender, flaky piecrusts every time. Highly recommended over more modern recipes.

HWYLY game night with friends?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Everyone a little tipsy with loud laughter. I haven't experienced that in way too long.

@Nushnushganay That pumpkin sounded soooo good!

HWYLY Mexican food?

ntq84Hk.jpg
    If I weren't allergic to corn, cumin, and cilantro, I'd like Mexican food a lot more easily and often..grew up on it and love hot and spicy. Mouth waters when I think of the Mexican, tejano, and Tex-mex food from Austin. I want mine spicy enough to break me out in a sweat and trigger an endorphin rush. Loaded with cilantro because it was my favorite (but I can't have cilantro now so bummer).

Real food made in real backyards like the chicharrones I was lucky enough to sample from a family who made them on the oil drum grill in the backyard. Tamales off the street truck, peeled out of their cornshucks hot and steaming on a chilly winter day, would warm me right to the core.

Freshly made flour tortillas, into which refried beans (also fresh, not canned) and a little queso were spooned, loaded with fresh pico de gallo and eaten dripping down the forearms and washed down with bracing hot black coffee. Breakfast of the gods.

HWYLY evening of dance?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Dance to metal music by myself.

HWYLY mooncakes?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Taiwanese style, with the flaky pastry!

I'll always choose a flaky pastry over any other kind, given a choice.
    HWYLY celebration of autumn?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    "And now, back to our regularly scheduled programming!" 🙄
    HWYLY celebration of autumn?

(Assuming no virus) A large, weekend-long bon fire party with 50+ people on a friends 10 acre property. We'd have all of our musician friends rotate through playing and provide constant live music. Nothing but top quality food, beer, spirits and other "social activities" would be provided.
    We've done this in the past and hope we can do it again soon.

HWYLY Halloween?

ntq84Hk.jpg
    Decorating my room. I used to that as a kid. But I'm from Singapore and Halloween isn't really a thing here. Now, I don't really do much about it.

HWYLY noodles?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    Long and hot, thick and slightly toothsome/chewy this time, like udon, in steaming savory broth with vegetables, ginger, and peppers.

HWYLY grilled cheese?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    edited September 2021
    Very well done, thick toast and the cheese not too thick, but grilled enough to be slightly browned on top. A nice strong cheddar or something similar.

HWYLY cafe (if you were to design your own)?
    I would like an outdoor garden with a lot of plants, bushes and small trees to isolate each table, for privacy and for that cozy feel. There would also be a more open and social area to mingle with others. The decor would be a contemporary art deco with unique, moving art, sculptures and scientific gadgets.

Besides great coffee, I would include an eclectic variety of not-so-common desserts from many different cultures.
    I'd also have a station to make your own, if you want half a bottle of caramel or a full can of whipped cream in your coffee, go for it! (Maybe an adult section to add a shot of bourbon) lol

HWYLY comedy movie to watch?

ntq84Hk.jpg
    edited September 2021
    The last time I laughed my butt off from something I was watching, was Breaking Bad, so I don't know. I guess something like Down Periscope without quite so much annoying gender stereotypes, heteronormativity, and overt sexism, because otherwise, the lighthearted silliness and slapstick was awesome.

Forgot to ask: HWYLY social life?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    I wish I were in a group of guy friends. I just like the idea of it cuz it makes me feel safe and protected. I used to be in a clique with all guys but most of them were flamboyant or nerdy. So, in that group, I was actually the tough manly one even tho I'm a girl (I'm just a guyish type of gal). XD

HWYLY finger nails and toe nails?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I'd like both to be clean and kept short.
    I'd like the ends of my fingernails to be permanently smooth/rounded without having to file them because I don't like the grating sensation of nail files. And whatever nail paint I have on them, I'd like it to be possible to remove the whole lot off the nail in one go without any bits left stuck on.
    If I had the skill and coordination to do it, I would also really like to be able to paint fine detailed patterns/illustrations on my nails in different colours. (Can just about do stripes).

HWYLY road trip?
    edited September 2021
    Heated leather seats, a smooth ride, excellent sound, convertible but plenty of legroom, loads of money to enjoy myself and cushion contingencies, and I'd drivw to NYC by way of Boston, staying in good accommodations and seeing all there is to see along the way. At least three weeks to do it in so I'm not harried. Since I'm rich in this fantasy, I plan an appointment for a bespoke suit and some custom shoes so I can dance and dine in comfort and style.

@Dekay, a person can be flamboyant, nerdy, AND tough. 😁 but I don't doubt for a minute you would be the tough guy in just about any group 💛

HWYLY soup?

xicwqMCm.jpg
    Heated leather seats, a smooth ride, excellent sound, convertible but plenty of legroom, loads of money to enjoy myself and cushion contingencies, and I'd drivw to NYC by way of Boston, staying in good accommodations and seeing all there is to see along the way. At least three weeks to do it in so I'm not harried. Since I'm rich in this fantasy, I plan an appointment for a bespoke suit and some custom shoes so I can dance and dine in comfort and style.

Dekay, a person can be flamboyant, nerdy, AND tough. 😁 but I don't doubt for a minute you would be the tough guy in just about any group 💛

HWYLY soup?

Yeah, my guy friends weren't very tough. I'm usually the one who would beat them up. XD Playfully, of course. 😂

I don't really like soup but a creamy one would be nice. Or seaweed soup (it's bit creamy).

HWYLY (bread) toast?
    FwDXXd5.gif
    I like my toast either as skillet toast, or toasted nicely crisp in the air fryer (essentially a toaster oven with a fan) and spread with a little butter, and my homemade mandarin marmalade. Mouth waters just thinking about it.

HWYLY wardrobe?

xicwqMCm.jpg