Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't interact with foxes (country living)

RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
Hi, could someone please help me understand why my Sim can't interact with foxes? if she tries to sing or talk to any foxes a thought bubble appears with a sign indicating there is not enough space.

I have tried these interaction on various lots/woodland of big sizes so there is plenty of space. My Sim can easily talk and interact with a rabbit, just not foxes, she can only watch foxes. I even made her friendship much higher and this didn't make a difference.

I'm not sure if this is meant to happen or there is something I'm doing wrong, any help would be great, thanks :)

The screenshot below shows the error that's happening:

Screenshot-2021-09-02-at-15-13-53.png

Comments

• Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member

My guess is the fox is on "goodbye" mode.
    I've had this issue also. It's probably a glitch that may eventually be fixed in a patch.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• RubyxAngelRubyxAngel Posts: 333 Member
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    I've had this issue also. It's probably a glitch that may eventually be fixed in a patch.

Thanks, it's good to know other people are having this issue, anyone reading this please let me know if you found a fix as I can't really enjoy the game properly, I was mostly excited about the foxes, sad I can't interact with them and only 'watch'
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,321 Member
    RubyxAngel wrote: »

Thanks, it's good to know other people are having this issue, anyone reading this please let me know if you found a fix as I can't really enjoy the game properly, I was mostly excited about the foxes, sad I can't interact with them and only 'watch'

As far as I see, though foxes are a "household". I manage to get a fox to join a household through manage households. It wasn't even a pet. So I reloaded. I'm guessing that foxes are a 'plot' thing. Got 20 000 simoleons from that though, lol.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Here is another screenshot (below) The foxes constantly stand at the edge as if they want to leave they can't, they will stand there all day and night and often jump up in a stretched/wraped way when trying to respond that it can't move. If they do eventually get in the garden, I still can't interact other than to watch, unlike the rest of the animals.

Screenshot-2021-09-04-at-20-25-40.png

The screen shot below shows that there will often be 3 foxes just waiting around, unable to leave or interact.
    It is ruining this game as I love foxes, it's a huge part why I got the game, my character's surname is Fox and she wears Fox dungaree really sad hope there's a fix I can try or an update to fix it soon.

Screenshot-2021-09-03-at-18-14-08.png

edited September 2021
    RubyxAngel wrote: »

As far as I see, though foxes are a "household". I manage to get a fox to join a household through manage households. It wasn't even a pet. So I reloaded. I'm guessing that foxes are a 'plot' thing. Got 20 000 simoleons from that though, lol.

I just worked out what the error was... It was a mod lol I didn't remove my mods to check if that was the reason.. Well it was and incase anyone is wondering it is the file called "necrodog-functional-bunkbed-desk-2020.package"

This makes sense as bunk beds have now been added to the Sims 4 game by EA so this update could have caused this.

I can talk and interact with the foxes now :) they are no longer stretching/warping their body either. Great expansion!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    👍🏼 So glad you figured it out.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I hope they fix the Fox glitches.