Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Was Spa day refresh a missed opportunity

I watched some leaked info and not saying what being added doesn't look great or enticing, but one thing I don't understand however. Is why not get rid of the venue lots and make a small area you go to like with Batuu, secrets world, sixam etc.. Not saying do something huge but some that looks nice capture the vibe and maybe feel interesting to walks around and look around at. Spend time at like a escapism retreat for sims, could be wrong but can't help but feel like you much like now, would be going there to raise stats and after that you're not gonna have much interaction with it in the playthroughs. But lot venue will be left taking up lot space for other things unless you get rid of it, think Dine out kinda has same issue leaving venue lots to not really get used much, least not much past novelty feeling of touching them first time while everything is new and interesting.

If it had it's own semi sized location like get to work areas like police station, science outpost or hospital and captured a good vibe making you feel drawn in, maybe you'd have that feeling of wanting to go back like the beautiful areas like island living. But I don't know maybe I am only one feeling that way about it out there?

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,753 Member
    1. kids can partipate in wellness activies something they can't do currently.
    2. be able to have sims have 'nail polish"
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't know if you're the only one who feels that way, but I can predict with 100% certainty what would happen in my game if my sims had to go to some secluded lot just to get their spa day on. I'd never use it, plain and simple, simply because it doesn't need a special lot. It's super easy to remove spa type lots from the world if you don't want them anymore, or just change the lot traits to something else. We don't really need to waste extra resources on one special place for our sims to go meditate or do yoga or get a facial or something.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I've always loved Spa Day because it was the only Sims 4 Gameplay Pack that I was allowed to get here in Canada before 2018 due to red tape. :'( I still don't get it that we Canadian's had red tape. Anyways, I've always thought it was cool that my sims that had the highest level of Wellness skill could transport. B) Also, I've always enjoyed making Spa/Gym/Cafe' venues over the years. And when Snowy Escape with it's Bathouse venue came out, it was just so perfect with my Spa Day. <3B)
  • Options
    sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    I'm not gonna say I don't like the idea of pack "refreshes". I really do. Just puzzled about their choice for the first one to refresh, that's all. From what I gather Spa Day was not the pack that people complained the most about. Also, it seems like such a random idea. Are they going to refresh every pack? Are they going to keep doing this until the game is retired?
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    edited September 2021
    Why would you like the venues of Spa Day removed? Venues holds most of the activities in that pack. Removing them would be huge.

Edit: I use the venues for sims who come stressful home from work. They tell they need a day off. My answer is: No, you don't need a day off. You need a massage. :)

Edit II: More recently, sims who just learnt how to ski or snow board, are frequent customers at wellness venues, too. Some ask for a sport massage. :wink:
    Post edited by BoergeAarg61 on
  • Options
    Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited September 2021
    I think it's fine. Personally I think no matter what it offers, Spa Day is a pack that it will be used sometimes and it's far from being a most wanted theme. I personally think that an Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out and Parenthood revisit would be much more welcomed in the sence that it will be used way more frequently.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Why would you like the venues of Spa Day removed? Venues holds most of the activities in that pack. Removing them would be huge.
    Mainly because I think it would been better is it's own thing and place you travelled to with it's own atmosphere that capture the escapism vibe, I get if things been a open world having them around dozen places or what not would definitely not be bad. Just think when you have travelling with loading either way it would been better in a spot its own you go to that really capture the experience much than a venue lot or gallery prefixed building would by itself. But of course just a personal opinion that I think it been better if it been a really fleshed out place you go to, rather than just being a lot you can either build or load one down from gallery and go to.

But maybe I am just in the small minority that think so, but I don't really feel like small lot building by itself really capture any real atmosphere even if wellness activities such as yoga seems cool.
  • Options
    DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    sourapfel wrote: »
    I'm not gonna say I don't like the idea of pack "refreshes". I really do. Just puzzled about their choice for the first one to refresh, that's all. From what I gather Spa Day was not the pack that people complained the most about. Also, it seems like such a random idea. Are they going to refresh every pack? Are they going to keep doing this until the game is retired?

Well personally I think there were other packs that needed a refresh more, but seems it was the choice they went with so it's the one I wanted to comment on.
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    I think if there was one secluded place that sims would have to travel to, it would feel much less realistic to me. I like having different venues scattered over my town as it would be in real life. You can adjust venues to your needs, for example I currently have a nice little yoga studio/sauna in town as well as a nice big elegant spa which to me does feel like sims can escape to for a few hours away from their daily lives. For a retreat type of spa, you can build one in Granite Falls like a luxurious lodge spa. I like that we have the option to individualize venues. Its all what you make of them I would say
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Maybe it's where I live, but I just googled "day spa near me" and got over a dozen store front/strip mall type locations within an hour's drive. One was within 15 minutes walk. You don't need a far away retreat to experience a spa day in real life, so I don't see how making a "Spa" a specific venue like the police station or the hospital would be more realistic. Honestly, being able to visit the police station or the hospital as easily as I could visit a gym or a day spa would be more in line with my experience (both hospital and local police station are about 10 minutes from where I live.)
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So I like the secret lots, probably more than most, but I really wish we could do more with them than now. So probably not the best choice. (Don't like the vacation system in 4, though. I really don't want anything as closed off as Batuu again, either. Some things have to be, but that means they play really badly with other DLC and that can be annoying to devastating.)

I am pretty happy with the refresh contents. Spa Day was an odd choice (except for the age and maybe the content amount) and it always worked well for me, but the refresh makes sense now that I know the details. I am looking forward to seeing more.

Also, if your suggestion has removing content in it with these refreshes, I doubt they would be popular. I would never want anything to be taken away. (Including the nasty vacation system I do not like, I want reformations and additions instead.)
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 955 Member
    Mainly because I think it would been better is it's own thing and place you travelled to with it's own atmosphere that capture the escapism vibe,

I don't know. I was thinking wellness is often used to counter stress, and most sport teams have masseurs. That's one reason I use Spa Day in that way, Yoga mats are one of the objects I like adding to every household, by the way.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Nah. Spa lots being secluded gives the player less freedom. We need more freedom.

We could do with another free world with additional lot spaces, that’s for sure. Newcrest 2.0, as long as it’s nothing like Newcrest!

I think the Spa Day upgrade comes with plenty fresh features too! If I didn’t already own the pack I would buy it.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,232 Member
    edited September 2021
    Fingernail request in May , feature added in September
    Yoga lessons in the park is also what I wanted

I can't complain about this update.
    Colors for fingernails/toenails and Claws

deep-r10.jpg
    99cfc810.jpg
    Hi,

I would like to bring the yoga lessons in the park instead of hiring a NPC Yoga instructor

Fake park (Spa lot)
    9mqi0srwega6.jpg
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Fingernail request in May , feature added in September
    Yoga lessons in the park is also what I wanted

I can't complain about this update.
    Colors for fingernails/toenails and Claws

deep-r10.jpg
    99cfc810.jpg
    Hi,

I would like to bring the yoga lessons in the park instead of hiring a NPC Yoga instructor

Fake park (Spa lot)
    9mqi0srwega6.jpg

I love that they freed the yoga classes from the spa lot. Now our sims can have their own studio somewhere in town to teach. Now we need lockable doors that they can use to claim a space as their own.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Now we need lockable doors that they can use to claim a space as their own.

The Club door can be used.

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Now we need lockable doors that they can use to claim a space as their own.

The Club door can be used.

The club doors are too fussy and they work to allow only club members. The park yoga allows us to basically set up a class and have any sim participate without being member of a club. This system allows more flexibility and I am not sure you will be able to charge money if you summon the yoga club members.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Im gonna be completely honest and say that I really really dont care about Spa Day getting an update. Dont get me wrong, its nice stuff that they're adding, but like I was really really REALLY hoping that Dine Out would get the attention it NEEDS. With each new update the game gets DO somehow gets worse off than before. What is going on in that pack? Sorry that Im not sorry, but I honestly dont have any excitement for Spa Day's refresh. Its great that its there, but I cant be bothered to care.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Nah. Spa lots being secluded gives the player less freedom. We need more freedom.

We could do with another free world with additional lot spaces, that’s for sure. Newcrest 2.0, as long as it’s nothing like Newcrest!

I think the Spa Day upgrade comes with plenty fresh features too! If I didn’t already own the pack I would buy it.

I agree.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I have a spa in Oasis Springs, Windenburg, Sulani, and Selvadorada. Each gives different vibes, so I personally enjoy keeping spas to a venue type. It gives way more flexibility in building since I can have more than one.

My hope is that they'll give Get to Work a refresh soon and use the same mechanism that brought us buyable retail lots to give us other buyable venues.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Spas are one of the few lot types I've actually never made since lots are so limited in this game the good thing is they work perfectly fine in the gym lot type you can have yoga classes or the steam room message tables and they all work I guess now nails will be the one thing that does not fit within the gym lot type.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"