Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,860 Member
    @Karababy52 ,
    I love that sideways look at dogs too! IRL and in game, so cute :) I have to say, I forgot that Micky was a small dog, so I was waiting a bit larger than cats were, LOL.
    Milly and Molly are fighting all the time, and I mean fighting, not just friendly play.
    -- That house looks great :) Very cool look you gave Jules, I like it a lot! Aww, thank you for using my spa :) I hope you like it.
    @permanentrose ,
    based on your reply to @Karababy52 , I need to clarify, I by all means did not meant Jules looked bad at tanning pic <3 I just wondered as she looked so different :) Sorry if you might of taken it wrong way :)
    -- Lovely cooking together with Ruby :) Yes, Rowan, much better without the bear suit, you are in tropic, after all :D Jules looks just like melody did, when starting to eat that coconut :p

@SoulGal7 ,
    all of us do what we think is the best to do :) All the best in your new challenge :) I agree that I have planned to do this challenge again too, and indeed with a single sim only.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 3: "Paradise Revisited"

mV9rYuf.png

Notes
    FfOmToR.png
    It was very late when Essa and Josh arrived in Sulani. Since they were tired from packing up the house and sending almost everything to storage, they dropped their bags in the bedroom and went to sleep. Very early the next morning, they got up and snuggled on the loveseat in their room, sharing some kisses. The perfect way to start the day.

CBhasaP.png
    "What should we do while we wait for it to warm up outside?"
    "Hmm, well I have some ideas about that..."

r1PvWar.png
    BTme9xK.png
    Later that morning it warmed up enough to do a little sunbathing, au naturale of course. No tan lines for these two.

Myv88CV.png
    Essa's tan turned out a nice shade of light brown. Look at that six pack! She's still mega buffed from training.

TqhYEiw.png
    Josh's turned out a little bit darker. Gawd, he looks so good for an adult eh? He's got mouth lines and little bags under his eyes, but otherwise, you'd never know.

cFH6FqM.png
    It was very hot now so the couple went for a swim to cool off.
    "Oh, it's so beautiful out here, just like I remember."
    "It certainly is, and so are you."

Jp6NG6I.png
    OPsTbbU.png
    "Hey, wanna try out the Aqua Zips? They sure were fun last time, sound good?"
    "Oh yeah, definitely!"

B0hmYLf.png
    h3ZMbEn.png
    gzrGHXL.png
    "WAHOOOOOOOOOO!"

H2UfrBV.png
    "Ohhh Yeahhh Baby!"

upmEQpU.png
    "I see dolphins out by the buoy!"
    "Yay! Let's go see if we can pet one!"

Essa and Josh put away the Aqua Zips and swam out to the buoy so they wouldn't scare the dolphins away.

knQ8tFs.png
    "Oooo, Hello little fella, or lady? I can't tell, how do you tell?"
    "I don't know, but just enjoy he/she came to you. I can't lure one over to me."

hEvzDIm.png
    Essa and Josh talked to the friendly dolphin for a few minutes, and Essa fed him/her a fish.
    "Oh! It's so cute! I'm going to name you...uh, Leslie!"
    "Why Leslie?"
    "Because that's a girl or guy's name."
    "Perfect!"

C5rj8ER.png
    "Aww, you like that, don't you Leslie? Everybody likes to be petted and stroked, right?"
    "I know I do."
    "HAHA! You're so funny Josh. Do you want to pet Leslie?"
    "Nah, it's your dolphin. I'm good."
    "We can share?"
    "I know, but I'm still trying to get another one to come to me."

I don't know why, but every time I had Josh try to 'call over dolphin' it didn't work. None of them would come over to him. Maybe next time.

icEgLvD.png
    "Aww, I think Leslie's trying to say Goodbye."
    The dolphin nodded it's head as if saying, 'Yes, I'm leaving now,' and then it suddenly left.
    "Bye Leslie, see you again sometime."
    "And bring a friend with you for me, okay? Bye Leslie."

dyttyMB.png
    Essa and Josh did some snorkeling around the buoy as the sun began to set over the horizon. The water was still warm and they weren't ready to get out just yet.

The next two screenshots are my favorites that I took all night! I love Sulani, it's so gorgeous!

IZTY5ZS.png
    *dreamy sigh* <3

psHWKVQ.png
    "I'm a little hungry, are you?"
    "Not really, but I could use a drink."
    "Okay, let's go."

pePwqqh.png
    "Is that the Italian Meatballs I made in Forgotten Hollow?"
    "Yes, and it's delicious! Want some?"
    "Nah, I'm good. Just trying to decide what drink to make."
    "Try a 'Hot and Smoky.' I made that in Windenburg, my first ever drink and they were soooo good!"
    "Hot and Smoky, good suggestion, I love those."

Josh mixed up the drink while Essa went inside to take care of her plate.

Utwqsqu.png
    (Woo! Oh yeah, that's what I'm talkin' about! I think I made it a little strong though.)
    (Meh, we're on vacation, I'm allowed. In fact, I'm having another one of these babies. Maybe two!)

uKvuXJN.png
    Essa came back out to join him a few minutes later and Josh was feeling pretty good by then.
    "I have an idea for the perfect ending to our evening. Care to join me in the hot tub Beautiful?"
    "I'd love to!"

Ckh5Xc9.png
    pz3zgFH.png
    uckz1o3.png
    1LVJEZB.png
    "Hey, could we get a little privacy? Nothing more to see here. Good night now!"

PTYQCZu.png
    uFLXWX9.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my September 3rd post above! I'll get started on comments next! Have a great weekend and Holiday to those that celebrate! <3
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose
    Great idea doing the Simple Living lot trait! I'm personally saving that for December when Essa and Josh will be in Henford-on-Bagley. Just because, for this challenge, for me personally anyway, it feels like it should be used there. However, I use it in all worlds in other saves. :)

Fun they can cook together now eh? Haven't tried it myself yet. Sushi eh? Never tried that either and probably never will. :D Good to see Rowan's face again too. :)

Great idea getting coconuts from grocery delivery! Essa will either get one from a vending machine, or grow a coconut tree inside. It's Fall in Sulani for her and I think those only grow in Summer outside. Aww, man, bummer about no baby yet. Ah well, that's another nice challenge for Jules! Crossing my fingers when it does happen, they don't get twins or triplets! :o

Thanks about the build renovations and the hot tub area! The hot tub and extension was already there, I just added the candle dividers, hanging planter and the half wall. There was a fence there, but the candle divider blends in better with a half wall. Essa and Josh always have a hot tub, it's just one of their things, so even if this build didn't have one, I would've given them one. ;)

Oh I'm so glad to hear that. I was worried you might not like that look since it's SO different from her original look. Do you like the formal the most because she has her original hair? I can change all the categories to it if you like, just let me know. :) Yep, she's staying a vampire in my save. I even had her change into her dark mode so she'll always be in that until I make her change.

Yes, it does take some time. I wish I'd started earlier on it, but oh well, got it all done now, so it's cool. I love those venues I put down in Sulani and I'm looking forward to having Essa and Josh visit them. I'm hoping to get them to leave the lot more this month then they usually do. The first 'real' gameplay post for the 3rd they stayed home, but I figured they would to settle in and just enjoy being alone together for a change. They've been apart for so long, I can see how they'd want to have their privacy for a few days anyway. :)

I'm glad we're both doing Sulani this month too! It's fun having someone to compare notes with in that way. ;) She looks good either way to me. I can see how it would seem a bit weird to you not to use the overlay since that's how you think of Jules is with it installed. I don't think she looks that orange to me. Josh's tan is a bit dark and maybe a tinge orange, but I love it on him. :)

Good luck with the baby-making! I hope they get just one! 🤞

@SoulGal7 - Thanks for sticking around to read our stories, I appreciate it. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    It's adorable, yes! Oh, so he's not going to get any bigger? Well, I think he's cute as a little dog. We've had all sizes over the years, but our last two were big dogs. They don't live as long as small dogs though. But we loved Roscoe and Murdock for the years we had them. :)

Oh, they fight all the time? Well, dang that's a bummer. I wonder why they don't like each other. Maybe they'll become friends eventually. :)

Thank you, I like it too! I didn't really change it a lot, but enough that I like it better than the original. It's bigger than I normally like, but it's nice it has three bedrooms so the twins can have their own rooms when/if they join their parents in Sulani later in the month.

Thanks about Jules dark mode look, I had a lot of fun creating it! I already love your Spa and can't wait to use it! I'm going to wait until the new refresh though on the 7th before they visit it. Perhaps Melody and Essa will have a girls day out and go there together to pamper themselves. ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited September 2021
    Update 244 - A day at the beach

F5328qT.jpg
    I decided I wanted to set up Jules' garden for the month, so I built a quick little greenhouse of sorts on the edge of their property.
    ijnkRER.jpg
    VUpa18x.jpg

It was the weekend, so they decided to travel to one of the community beach lots for the day.
    x5g2rot.png

I love the wildlife details of this world. I can't wait to fully appreciate this world and the background details for an entire month.
    6BQJuGV.png

Uh, oh, this poor friend needs some help. He's just a game generated servo named Nix.
    hkdhuP0.jpg

So Jules repaired him. We can appreciate her terrible tan lines in this photo too haha.
    8SaBfn5.png

Good as new :)
    MHD4MeQ.png

I'm really loving that most of the sims I've seen spawn in this world so far actually live here in Sulani. Tane Ngata and his two moms were at the beach, and I thought that he'd be the perfect friend for Rowan.
    ZI3iGid.png

Nix!!! Why are you making such poor decisions? :D
    v8QQwtS.png

Here's some more locals - pre-made mermaid Nalani Mahi'ai and the sister I made for her, Alana, and pre-made Makoa Kealoha. I really enjoy the pre-made residents of this world.
    fMK5L7o.png

Yep, not surprised lol.
    FskbISO.png

This time, Emmett fixed him.
    ngwFiH8.jpg

Because Jules was otherwise occupied.
    xeGw7Wf.jpg
    LFbkj29.jpg

And of course the second he was repaired, he ran straight for the ocean again...
    AjbWUxi.jpg

At least he'll get a few minutes of happiness before breaking again.
    HZMQIPw.jpg

They stayed at the beach well into the evening, and Rowan spent more time bonding with his new friend :)
    Jfw3Ztr.jpg

I've got a busy day, so comments will have to wait until this evening. Hope everyone has a good weekend!
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose
    Love the greenhouse you built! Guessing those plants are from before you pulled from inventory? I thought about doing that, but their lot has no room! :D Nice visit to the beach! How are your mermaids showing their true selves already? I wonder if it's because you made Nalani's sister. Just curious. :) Nice that Rowan has a new friend. Oh sheesh Nix! I have a feeling he's not going to last long. Silly Robot! :D Yay Jules having fun on an Aqua Zip! I love those things. Which reminds me, need to upgrade Essa and Josh's for a stereo and lights. :) Fun update! :)

EDIT: By the way, I love your daily post pic, that waterfall is gorgeous! Love this world so much! <3
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 4: "Coconuts, Kava, Bowling, Fishing, and...Kissing? Oh my!"

QHJDHAB.png

Notes
    O5qcKKk.png
    When I open my game and load up a save, the first thing I always do is go into household management and delete all the townies the game generates. While I was in there I decided to consolidate some of my own not-in-world Sims into households instead of so many individuals.

Finally ready to play, I clicked on Essa and Josh's house and noticed both of their icons were grayed out showing they weren't home. What? When I left them, they were in the hot tub. Where did they go? Their icons said they were at 'Lookout Lagoon.' I had no idea where that could be so I clicked on Essa to take me there.

Apparently there was a festival going on in the community area and the game thought it would be a good idea to send Essa and Josh there in situational outfits. WHY!? I sent them home thinking they'd change into their normal clothes. Nope!

This, THIS is why I loathe situational outfits. Look at them! Essa is wearing a hairstyle she hasn't had since she was a teen. The outfit isn't too bad, it sort've matches. But Josh? I wanted to cry. GAH! My guy would NEVER wear a skirt, even if it is the local style. The game also gave him a nose ring, an eye brow ring and worst of all? AN EYEBALL RING! How dare you game!? The outfit matched, but the accessories are unacceptable. I beg you Maxis, get rid of situational outfits!

09Ms7c0.png
    It was getting close to 11 p.m. by this time and I didn't know how long those festivals last, but since they needed to eat a coconut for the aspiration anyway, they changed into their cold weather outfits and went to the village to at least get a couple coconuts from the vending machine.

"Ugh, mine tastes terrible, how's yours?"
    "Same. I guess we should've known. They're probably stale from sitting in that machine forever."
    "I thought maybe it would be fun to grow a coconut tree, but now? Forget it. I don't care if I ever eat another coconut again. Bleh!"
    "I hope I don't hurl."

b5LWWGd.png
    Josh and Essa went to the festival afterall. I'm not sure which one it was, but there was food roasting in the BBQ pit and a bowl full of Kava juice for everyone to enjoy. Even though it was probably almost over, I'm glad they went because Melody and Damon were there. Both wearing situational outfits, of course. The blond is one of my Sims, Autumn Woods.

7Ur63md.png
    Malcom was there too and his was the worst. Just like Essa, the game gave him his original hairstyle. At least it wasn't that awful cheese color. The outfit doesn't match in the least, neither does Melody's. This couple, my couple and Damon have outfits that I carefully chose for them, why couldn't they just wear their party outfits at least? Or just every day. *sigh*

OHbcoRx.png
    Essa sat down to chat with Melody at the picnic table and after grabbing a cup of Kava, Josh had a chat with Malcom. Or at least he tried to. Malcom is still a vampire (Melody too) and unfortunately I gave him the fly as bat perk, which I understand now is bugged. He kept changing into a bat constantly while Josh tried to talk to him. I took it away and gave him the speed walk after the party though. So he's cool now.

"Rawr! Hisssss!"
    "Dude, did you forget I was a vampire too? And Essa? Your former Master? You don't scare me."
    "Oh. Yeah, that's right. Sorry."
    "It's cool. What happened to your hair?"
    "I dunno, it just appeared on me, these clothes too."
    "Now THAT'S scary! Maybe try changing your clothes?"
    "Won't help the hair though, will it?"
    "It might."
    "Okay, I'll give it a try."

GFnCGO7.png
    "It worked! Hey, Melody!? I know you hate that outfit, just change your clothes. Look, I got my hair back!"
    "Aww, good for you. Maybe I will."

Meanwhile poor Damon over there must feel like he's being ignored. Josh went over to have a chat with him.

VABf86a.png
    "Hey, glad to see you here, it's been awhile. I owe you big time for helping out both of us. You saved me man, thank you!"
    "No thanks necessary, I was glad to help. You're a great guy. I hated seeing Essa so sad too."

N14N7lL.png
    "Hey, did those clothes just happen to appear on you, like magic or something?"
    "Yeah! How did you know?"
    "Same thing happened to Malcom. Something pretty funky going on around here. bad juju or something. Am I right?"

tCUZNcK.png
    "Well I guess sometimes things happen we have no control over. Just like when I turned Essa and she wanted to kiss me."
    (Oh Dude! Don't tell him that. I said something like that out loud when Essa turned me, only worse, and Melody was right there! Gah! She wouldn't give me any for a week!)

48ftVKS.png
    "WHAT!? Why would she want to do that? I don't believe it."
    "No, she did, but it wasn't her fault. She didn't REALLY want to kiss me. It was just a side effect of being turned. It's hard to explain. It's like Hero worship because I was her Master. I didn't kiss her (then). Honest!"
    (Gawd! What is wrong with me? Why did I tell him that?)

1m5oB2F.png
    "Lucky for you that you didn't. We're both Spellcasters again now. You remember what Essa did to you? That's nothing compared to what I would've done to you, got it?"
    "Oh yeah, I understand, it's cool. Seriously, I would never, ever do anything like that again. I love Molly and our kids. I don't want to mess that up, or our friendship, believe me!"
    (You're lying to him and yourself, you did kiss her.)

ibjPOsj.png
    (That didn't mean anything, it was nothing...okay, something, but not that. She was just upset after seeing Josh and Kat together. That's all.)

G2s0JB1.png
    Josh and Damon continued to chat, though a bit strained at first. But eventually, the conversation turned to something more safe, their children. Essa and Melody were having a great time together, telling jokes back and forth. Plus, Essa was finally able to convince Melody to try changing her clothes. It worked!

Unfortunately, the festival ended all too soon and everyone started to drift away.

OOZfeTI.png
    Essa and Melody said there goodbyes, with plans to get together in a few days to check out the new Spa in Mua Pel'am. Josh had finally convinced Damon to change his clothes too.

"There you go! Now you look more like I remember. Seriously, love those pants! They're just like mine! Good taste Dude."
    "Thanks, I love them, very comfortable despite being kind of tight."
    "Hey, the ladies love that though, am I right?"
    "Oh yeah, Molly says they're sexy. That's good enough for me. I'll suffer my boys getting squashed for that. Speaking of Molly, I should go. Good to see you again."
    "You too, and Thanks again. Seriously, I owe you one or two even! You and Molly should come over and hang out with us. The rental we have is fabulous. Hey, didn't Essa give you an Aqua Zip? Bring it with you, we'll have some fun."
    "Sounds great, I haven't had a chance to use that thing yet. Cool. See you soon!"

G2TsB9g.png
    Neither Josh nor Essa was ready to go back to the rental yet, so they ran over to the Sand Bar and Bowl to check it out. Apparently it had been Bear Night judging by the person in a Bear costume just leaving as they arrived. To their delight nobody was using the one bowling lane so they had a short 3 frame game.

XbJG0cz.png
    "Shouldn't you put on bowling shoes? That lane looks slippery, you might fall. Wouldn't want you to hurt that gorgeous butt."
    "Nah, it's okay. I know what I'm doing. Besides, those shoes are probably germ infested, smelly and sweaty, Ewww!"
    "Okay, fair enough. Now you make me wish I hadn't put these on myself."
    "Just wash your feet when we get home and you'll be fine."
    "Couldn't you do the sam--"
    "Can I just throw this ball already? It's heavy!"
    "Oh, yeah, sorry, go ahead."

djLaihw.png
    Essa had very good form and it looked like the ball was rolling straight down the center of the lane.

kA3pDn4.png
    Unfortunately, it had a wicked hook at the end and she only managed to knock down one pin.

HoOdVj9.png
    "Guess I'm a bit rusty. Your turn."

FBg35OP.png
    Josh threw the ball with incredible form like the pro that he was. Although Essa had the same experience as he did. His ball too looked like it was rolling straight down the center.

9BQThM2.png
    STRIKE!

"Oh yeah Baby!"

CSk1Hw2.png
    "And that, Beautiful, is how it's done!"
    "Good job Babe!"

They each took their turns until the game was finished with Josh edging out Essa by only 9 pins. It was starting to get a bit light out, but cloudy and looked like rain. They discussed going back home now, but still weren't ready to end their time out and about.

uN7MnJL.png
    So, they went fishing over by Barnacle Blake's Bistro. Josh wasn't having much luck though, catching a lot of weeds instead of fish.

72VCyP9.png
    It started to rain, and now Josh was catching logs while Essa caught a few small fish.
    "Maybe we should just go back to the rental. Usually the fish bite pretty good when it's cloudy and raining. Not today though."

sfioCO9.png
    "Nah, let's try a little longer. Even cloudy and raining, it's pretty here, don't you think?"
    "Yeah, it's pretty here...because of you, Beautiful."
    "Aww, you're so sweet! Cheesy, but sweet."
    "I thought you loved cheese?"
    "I do! Especially your cheese." Essa said with a smile and leaned over to give Josh a quick kiss before the two continued to fish for awhile.

And that's where I left them when I finished playing for the night.
    *Updated my September 4th post above! Have a great Sunday everyone! <3
    @Karababy52
    Nice start to Sulani, and love that they won't have any tan lines haha. I would have done that if there weren't two kids lurking around Jules and Emmett's house haha. Both Essa and Josh look great for being adults. You got a lot of gorgeous screenshots - the scenery of Sulani really is lovely, especially on sunny days. The aqua zips are a lot of fun too - can they die from those? I always get a little nervous haha. That ocean paradise trait is really a nice one, I do love that they can bond with dolphins. Sulani and IL really are just a fun experience and there's a lot of little things to do and enjoy. Glad that Josh and Essa get to be together and enjoy some quality time together after being apart last month.

Haha, those situational outfits...really though, minus the facial piercings, both Josh and Essa actually don't look too bad. The color schemes actually match which is a nice treat when it comes to game generated outfits haha. They both look so miserable eating those coconuts LOL. Nice that they could attend one of the Sulani events - I actually had Jules and her fam go to one for my update for today too. I wish they showed up on the calendar like other events. I tend to forget about them unless I intentionally check where they are. It's so weird when the game gives sims their old hairstyles. I guess it must be coded somewhere in them? Always so strange to me. Funny to see so many vampires in Sulani haha. It's good it's evening so no one is burning up in that intense sun. Oh nice that you have a bowling alley here in Sulani too - I need to add those to more of my worlds. A fun little activity I always forget about. Nice fishing shots too.

Luckily Jules can only get twins at the most since they have a household size of 6 right now with their pets, but I'm still hoping for just one baby when they finally do conceive haha. I think Jules looks great with her grey ombre hair - I just happen to like the formal outfit, with or without her original hair. Keep her just how she is :) And yes, Jules' plants are from her inventory. They're the ones she's been tending for months now, with the addition of a plasma fruit tree by the side of the greenhouse, since she still needs to harvest from a plasma tree two more times to finish the good vampire aspiration. I totally forgot to have her finish up that last milestone last month so I'll do it once it fully blooms. So as far as my mermaids go - Nalani and Alana showed their tails on their own, but they are a played household for me since I created Alana as her before I started this challenge, so maybe that's why their tails showed up. As far as Kala from the other day though - I used MCCC cheats to make her show her tail once she was in the water since I enjoy her mermaid form :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Yes , Milly and Molly do fight all the time , well I hope they even try to get along, still long way to go before the pets move out with their owners :)

--Heyyy, there are Greg and Cordelia in the wall! :p They had a nice and funny first day in their rental, I see :) Haha yes those Aqua Zips are indeed great fun :p I love the candle divider you have surrounding the tub <3 Yay a dolphon!! Don't worry Josh, I am sure you get your own dolphin friend too :)
    Lovely , lovely shots at sunset!
    -- Haha, about situational outfits, they can be annoying, but I find them funny too , just like those dark forms game selects to new vampires :D I used to have mods to nuke those, but naah, I let them be, Townie Fashion Police thread would die if devs would nuke those :p
    Okay, no more coconuts for them then :D I let those often grow as they look pretty :)
    Hha, Melody is not that bad, or Damon.. but MALCOLM.. THAT HAIR!!! :confounded::cry:
    Haha, hilarious captions, between both, Josh and Malcolm and Josh and Damon :D
    That bar looks great with a bowling alley! :) They wero on the go, I see, fishing after that :D That restaurant looks great, btw :)
    Okay, I think they visited more communitylots in one day than before in whole year :joy: If not counted EL community lots :p

@permanentrose ,
    I forgot to answer your question last time, M&M will be at Evergreen Harbor next month :) Or this month as I am behind :) I will catch up in there, as well.. much more boring there than sulani, so I do not want to waste their last Sulani days for one pic updates :)
    -- I love that first pic, the waterfalls <3 And the greenhouse looks beautiful!! Also that turtle pic is adorable :)
    They had fun in the beach.
    Haha that servo is hilarious, no matter how many times it gets fixed, still.. BACK TO THE OCEAN!! :joy:
    Jues sure looks like she loved those aqua zips :)

Update 245 - Island BBQ

XWSGdzV.jpg
    The next day, they decided to go snorkeling as a family.
    yWd3OFZ.jpg

Rowan was out of frame for this shot, but I managed to get the other three family members in this shot.
    qfMQIQL.png

Afterwards, they all cloud gazed together on one of the little islands near the shore.
    CIyTZKH.jpg

Back at home, Dill hissed viciously at the fridge.
    0U9Mr9O.png

And then quickly conquered his fear.
    gkYm9zM.png

That evening, they decided to attend the island BBQ in the town center.
    cPv3Qz8.jpg

"Hello chickens!" (I hope these aren't going to end up as dinner later haha)
    fsLDfiH.jpg

Nix!! Why must you keep spawning in Sulani? :D
    0P7m12Z.jpg

Emmett attempted to fire dance, but he clumsily caught on fire briefly instead.
    0WcuNUv.jpg

"Here, babe, I'll show you how it's done."
    UBxZeoi.jpg

"Yeah, Emmett, it's not that hard..."
    gv84LDf.jpg

"Mom, I want to try too!"
    "Maybe when you're older..."
    C9T9NGp.jpg

But when no one was looking, Rowan had to try for himself.
    0TqzoWc.jpg

It was thrilling for a moment, but he quickly extinguished the flame as he felt the heat of the fire, realizing that perhaps Jules was right. He'd wait until he was a bit older.
    hE8ABTg.jpg

Back at home, Ruby and Rowan headed off the bed. Jules turned to Emmett, whispering seductively. "What do you say we take a little dip, au naturel?
    MCcoeR1.jpg

Oh yes, Emmett was a fan of this idea.
    WO5pakx.jpg

In fact, he was quite enthusiastic about the whole prospect :D (I had to use the heart like @Ellupelluellu does for Malcolm, it just makes it so much funnier :D)
    FOQ0LlC.png

Jules entered the water a bit more quietly though.
    Zb7PRjG.png

And what a lovely time it was...
    CTZq4B7.jpg
    QCKMvEm.jpg

Later that evening, Jules took another pregnancy test. "What do you think, Pickle? Do you think we got lucky this time?"
    j2WYzdk.png

Negative yet again...but we shall keep trying :)
    Okay.. haha, I should of waited with my comments a BIT more :D

@permanentrose ,
    -- again great first picture :) Family pic in the ocean :)
    Snorkeling and stargazing :)
    Parsley, eh Dill, that is just a fridge! You silly :p
    Great fire dancing , Emmett will learn :p Maybe indeed, Rowan you are a bit too young for that :p
    HAHA to that heart censor :p Lovely kissing pictures too <3
    Ah well, keep trying Jules , indeed.

@permanentrose
    Oh sure, the only reason they did is because they're alone. :) Yes, it's especially gorgeous in the bright sunshine and at sunrise/sunset. Cloudy days? Not so much, but still pretty. :) Oh yes they can definitely die from Aqua Zips. o.O However, I think that can only happen when their fitness skill level is low, or perhaps if their needs are low too. Love the dolphins, never made one a friend though, except for one of my Mermaids. I might try to do that for Essa and Josh this month. They're having a great time just kicking back and enjoying each other and all the islands have to offer. :)

I guess they did somewhat match, at least Josh's outfit did. But the rest? Not so much. What bugged me the most was how Essa and Malcom's hair changed and that dang eyeball ring on Josh, plus the piercings. Plus the fact the game sent them there in the first place! They are played Sims, the game should NOT choose played Sims to act as NPC Sims at festivals. Grrrr!

Read your update and I'll comment more, but yeah I saw you'd sent them to one too. :) I don't get why those festivals aren't on the calendar, all the others are, so why not those? Makes no sense whatsoever. Well I have lots of vampires in my game now because of last month. No danger of any of them burning up in the Sun though, I gave them all Perfect Sun Resistance. ;) Yep, I've had that modified bar with the bowling alley for a long time. Nice that it's getting used again.

Okay, I'll keep Jules just as she is then. Thanks for letting me know. :) Ah, okay, cool. I didn't even notice the Plasma fruit tree. Good that she'll get to finish that aspiration in Sulani. Ah okay, that explains it. The only way Merfolk will show their tails is if you ask them if they are a Mermaid and they admit it, or one of your played families has a Mermaid. After that, all the Merfolk in the world will show their tails when swimming. I really don't like Kala, I have a grudge against her from my first playthrough in Sulani. My Sim had fish traps and she stole everything out of them. She is evil so it's not surprising, but I was P.O'ed she did that since my Sim was Rags to Riches and needed that stuff she caught! How dare she!? :D

Great group shot in your most recent update! Essa and Josh went scuba diving too, it looks cool, but I don't really see the point of it other than that. I think next time I'll try the 1st person camera and see what it looks like from their perspective. Maybe get some great screenshots that way too. ;) Dill is so funny! Hates the fridge, but he will sit on it anyway. hehe Looks like they all enjoyed the festival. Well, except the fire dancing for Emmett and Rowan. ;) Ooo, swimming au naturale! Fun idea, your screenshots also remind me I need to get that 'no pixels' Mod. I meant to get it a long time ago. Very BIG heart there Emmett. HAHA! Gah! Negative again, bummer. It'll happen soon, don't worry Jules! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Hopefully over time they'll get along better. :)

Oh yeah, gotta have her Mom and Uncle represented in their house. I still need some photos of the twins though. o.O Opps! Thank you about the hot tub area! I love those candle dividers, they're so romantic! Perfect decoration for around a hot tub in my opinion. :) I'm sure Josh will successfully call a dolphin over to make friends before the month is finished. At least I hope so! So easy to get great screenshots in Sulani on Sunny days, I love those! <3

Meh, I guess they're funny. When it happens to OTHER Sims, not MY Sims. :D But yes, whatever the game generates for their dark form is funny, at least we can change those. No control over those situational outfits otherwise. So yeah, they make me laugh but I still want them gone!!

I would've had them grow some coconut trees, I love them too and all my other Sims I've had in Sulani grow them, but they just don't have any room on that lot, it's full! Kind of wishing I hadn't downloaded such a big house. o.O Ugh, I know! Made me sad seeing Malcom with his original hair. At least it wasn't cheese colored! ;) Glad you liked Josh's convos with Malcom and Damon. I don't really know what Damon said that made Josh so angry, but I had fun making something up for it. hehe

You're right, that is the most they have ever been out and about visiting venues. It was time though, they're such homebodies. Nothing wrong with that, but should interact with others more. Hoping to see more challenge Sims that way too, and more of my own Sims. Really looking forward to visiting the Spa with Essa and Melody and hanging out with both M&M at their house too. :)
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 5: "You are my Jam!"

7kEf4PW.png

Notes
    N1BCnvz.png
    Essa finally felt tired, so the couple went home so she could rest. Josh decided to check out the outrigger canoe that came with the rental and headed towards a buoy.

gPKXl49.png
    He'd brought along his deep sea diving equipment and suited up for a dive. Down he goes...

u5sdr74.png
    30 minutes or so later, he surfaced with a satisfied smile on his face. Josh wasn't sure what he'd find down there, if anything. He got lucky though and found something extremely rare and beautiful!
    (Essa is going to love this!)

GZfFLrW.png
    A curious dolphin suddenly popped out of the water to check out Josh. It squeaked and clicked with a smile on it's face at him.

"Oh hey, Hi there! What a nice surprise! Oh you are beautiful aren't you? Can I pet you?"

i9ncLoI.png
    "Aww, you like that, I'm so glad. Maybe you'll be my friend? I hope so."

r8Hazlg.png
    Josh kept petting, talking and cooing to the dolphin hoping it would decide that it liked him.

bi73tCi.png
    The playful mammal even did a little dance for him, balancing on it's tail.
    "That was great! You're so smart! What should I call you?"

HytSxpH.png
    Before Josh could think of a name for what he hoped would be his new friend, the dolphin turned and dove deep into the sea, swimming away from him.

"Wait! Hey! Where are you going? Come back...please?"
    (Aww, man, I thought he/she liked me. Bummer...)

HybnW8c.png
    Josh sailed back to the rental and went upstairs to see if Essa was ready to get up yet. She was still sleeping and he didn't have the heart to wake her so he sat down to practice his chess moves. A little while later, Essa finally got up and joined him.

5NPZCrB.png
    "Essaaa...just what do you think you're doing? That's my piece Beautiful."

RR9CDv5.png
    "Oh, uh, so it is. ehehe Opps! My mistake."
    (That was no mistake, she's cheating!)

al1150z.png
    "Checkmate!"
    "What!? Ahhhh!"
    "Even cheating you can't beat me."
    "Cheating? I wasn't cheating, what are you talking about?"
    "Uh huh, surrrrrre Beautiful, and I'm Adam Lambert the best singer in the world."
    "Well...you do kind of look like him. So, there, I wasn't cheating!"
    "HAHA! I love you ya big beautiful cheatin' flatterer."
    "I love you too....Adam." Essa winked.

1voh64A.png
    The couple went outside to enjoy the sunshine since the rain was finally gone and just for kicks built a sand sculpture together.

b9R99IR.png
    They both thought it was pretty good if they said so themselves and cheered with delight!
    "We're so good!"
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"

mVZ3aFT.png
    Here's what they made. I've never seen this particular design before. Looks like the tribal artifact wall hanging that came with the pack to me.

llLbXzT.png
    Josh and Essa hadn't taken any photos of themselves here on vacation yet, so they took some shots of each other and a selfie together.

XLolvpw.png
    "I have something special for you, Beautiful. I found it this morning while diving. I hope you like it."
    "Ooo, for me? How sweet! What is it a seashell or?"
    "No, not a seashell, something very rare and beautiful, like you! Open it and find out, you'll see."

1KdZWvb.png
    *GASP* "Oh Josh, it's gorgeous! You found...is that what I think it is?"
    "Yep, the Heart of Sulani. I couldn't believe it when I saw it lying in the sand on the sea floor. A crab tried to run off with it, but I wrestled him and managed to pry it from his claw. No way was I letting him have it. It was meant for you!"
    "Oh I love it! Thank you, thank you! You're so sweet! I love you so much!"

Essa gave Josh a rose with a note in return. He of course loved it!

3oxwJ3G.png
    Look at all those sentiments! Still no 'deeply in love' yet, but I'm sure it'll happen one day. I've never seen that 'You are my Jam!' sentiment before or the 'A Jamtastic Gift.' Aww, I love sentiments! <3

vgjhXT5.png
    Although they were in a tropical climate, it still could be cool in the early morning and late evening hours during Fall and Winter. They both felt a little chilly and decided to check out the sauna to uh, warm up.

"Sure is hot and steamy in here."
    "Mmm, yeah, it sure is..."
    "Wanna make it even hotter and steamier?"
    "What do you think?"

0XmH9ZH.png
    FDc9yj6.png

mcqmhvS.png
    While Essa napped, Josh took a shower. I noticed an option for 'send everyone home' when I clicked on Josh. Apparently, some Sims were visiting? Looking out the window I saw a Sim standing in the sand.

vIzE9CN.png
    It was Melody, and she doesn't look too happy no one answered the door as she sped away. I'm sorry Melody, Essa and Josh were 'busy' and couldn't hear you knock.

WKPmhUr.png
    Damon had stopped by to visit too and soon sped away as well. *sigh*

And that's it for this update. I apologize for ending on a whiny note! :D

Happy Simming! <3
    *Updated my September 5th post above! Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    edited September 2021
    Update 246 - Mua Pel'am

HGC4zuk.jpg
    I found this conch shell as decor in their home and did not realize sims could blow it until now, so that was a fun little discovery.
    7KG4ioA.jpg

Also something I didn't know - you can bring your own fish to the food stalls when you order dishes here.
    lhaEhCQ.jpg

Not sure how long that salmon has been in Ruby's inventory, but she seems to be enjoying it haha.
    mNPoK79.png

The family decided to visit the more remote part of Sulani later that afternoon.
    Y61zpJH.jpg

"Come on!" said Rowan. "Let's explore!"
    ODh5Fgn.png

"Whoa..."
    1KGW88Z.png

"Let's see if we can find the top."
    op8xdsk.png

"Wait up, Rowan! Don't get too close..."
    jSu2LXB.jpg

"This is AMAZING!"
    ZxUAY1U.png
    VFXNdc5.jpg

Meanwhile, Jules and Emmett were doing some exploring of their own.
    rFZb3wX.png
    U9SOMeh.png

Their playful moods quickly turned into flirty ones ;)
    Z5fKDY6.png
    WuMceXC.png
    O1v2h4x.png
    qA7xg7P.jpg

Tomorrow would be the 4th of July, so they decided they'd celebrate with a kava party. Jules and Emmett built a BBQ pit and Jules set a trap to catch some fresh fish in preparation for the event tomorrow.
    1I6AbQU.jpg
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose -
    regarding that shell. If you blow that in front of a sim who you think is a mermaid, they will eek eek and you can ask them if they are a mermaid. Normally, then you become "merwoke" and you will see mermaids swimming. All your photos are phenomenal by the way, and the little hut you built for your plants is so nice. I just thought I would comment on this, since you didn't know about the shell. Oh and if you feed the frogs before you woohoo in the waterfall, you get a notice from that. It's funny, so I won't spoil it. Try it next time. lol
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Karababy52 -
    Loving all your screenshots and stories. Now that you and Melody are cousins...you should get a letter about a deceased long lost great once-removed uncle who had a daughter...who had a baby who she put up for adoption...and that daughter turns out to be Jules, and Jules never knew she was adopted! Then you can all become cousins. lol

@Karababy52 ,
    -- Lovely, sort of foggy first pic! :) Don't worry Josh, you will make that dolphin as your friend soon :) Essa , don't cheat!! :smiley: Aww, a sandcastle :p Sort of an angry gnome?
    Awww, what a gift, that beautiful necklace! And "Jamtastic?? Haha hilarious :p Not seen that sentiment myself either :)
    Poor Melody and Damon, they were busy in the sauna :D

@permanentrose ,
    --Great first shot again :) I see the hearts :D Haha yes there is that shell, you should try it with a mermaid :)
    Oh boy.. so cannot be that old salmon if she enjoyed it :D
    Kids, not too close to the volcano!!
    Hopefully that woohoo did it's job :p

Mx8

August, day 26

nBt7V1T.png
    The one in the restaurant .

uDZ6mcA.png
    I forgot to pause, so All took a nice swim before I directed them to restaurant :) (I don't remember who made this, lilsimsie, maybe)
    WvQaVgx.png
    Sofia, I think you are a waitress, not a performer.. and Malcolm, don't look like that.. She is your wife in my main save,you know.
    Malcolm: "Yeah, I know, how can I forget, she is a nutcase!"
    UrD6IEt.png
    q05aF7y.png
    Ah well, at least Sofia let the guitar alone for now.

SFiN6AA.png
    Oh..how many jobs you have, dude? Chief of staff in hospital , entairner at lounge.. you are her stan and now a bartender?
    qZdJRAQ.png
    Only one more customer, that animal caretaker from HoB, he must be on vacation..
    ATqn5wZ.png
    I knew this fest was at the same time, but It would end too soon, it was late already.
    V3ZLC1M.png
    JI7NQos.png
    And anyway, restaurant was nice and quiet, and they all had fun :)

svilWIJ.png
    Someone was showing he can do it :p
    EKv6XO1.png
    Food was great ! (Note to self, get that mod again what hides those darn lightbulbs!)
    nYYqb0r.png
    Malcolm: "Why is that waiter looking like he is mad at me?"
    Melody: "He is, most likely, remember the dude you forced to give the ID to secret lab at StrangerVille? He lost his job for that, why now as a waiter in here.."
    ZwTVt5A.png
    Malcolm: "Ohhhhh.. better pay and go.."

And they left to sleep :)

@Karababy52
    Lovely daily shot! I so wish that sims could ride on those canoes together though :( Aw cute, another dolphin encounter! I love them so much. Definitely a fun addition to this world. I love that there's a lot of new animals to interact with from the new pack too. They definitely add a fun element to game play. Nice chess game too! I love that you take the time to add dialogue to your screenshots that fit their expressions <3 That is a nice sand sculpture indeed! I kind of wish their were levels of sand sculptures though, and it was a skill you could build. It always makes me laugh that toddlers can build the same perfect sculptures as adult sims. Aw, what a sweet gift and fun find from diving! I love that Josh gave it Essa as a gift. Haha, poor Melody and Damon, but to be fair, Essa and Josh were indeed otherwise occupied ;)

@SoulGal7
    Thank you for the tips! I had off school today and played ahead a bit and tried out both of the ideas you shared, so keep an eye out for them in my next few updates :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Great update! I love your commentary as usual. Dine Out really does make going to community lots more interesting. I'll have to snag that pack during the next sale. Is that pirate costume the uniform of the waiters? Great idea to use that for a Sulani restaurant. I love that they're all eating dinner in their swimsuits too. I remember going to the beach as a kid, and when we got lucky to rent a place right on the beach, we honestly wore our swimsuits most of the time we were there, even during meals, since we'd be in and out of the ocean so much. I like that Sulani has that same sort of vibe. Haha, and there's Josh, a jack of all trades indeed. Is that Roxanne fire dancing at the festival? Haha, gotta love that your world has few enough sims that they keep showing up for different storylines and in different roles. Just another sim that Malcolm has managed to make angry :D

And to answer your comments - Jules is still not pregnant. I decided to go ahead and up the chances since this is starting to get ridiculous. Hopefully in the next few updates she will finally get pregnant LOL
    edited September 2021
    @permanentrose , about the Dine Out, it comes with 3 options for staff to wear, but you can set them to wear what ever you have in game :) I think that pirate outfit is from Spooky Stuff, as it was the last SP I bought from the older ones, and before that staff members were always naked in that restaurant :):D
    I think it is made by LittleSimsie, but who ever it was, made the staff to use those :)
    You can also set in what clothing customers arrive :) Like if you build a fine dining Italian Bistro, you can choose like party wear or formal wear :)
    I will reply to rest of your comments later, just wanted to say this now :)

ETA: @Karababy52 may confirm are those from spooky stuff ? As you said before your restaurant uses those too, and I really haven't had the SP for long. This was first time I saw those costumes, instead of naked sims :joy:
    I only got it when someone mentioned using those lovely worn wood walls and floors a lot at his builds.
    Post edited by Ellupelluellu on

@permanentrose
    Something else you may not know about that conch shell is if a Mermaid blows on it at a fishing spot, they can call more and rare fish to the area! Just a little something not many know about that Mermaids can do. Honestly, I think they can do ALOT more than people give them credit for.

Oh, and there was most likely a fishing competition/festival happening when Ruby went to that food stall. That's the only time Sims can use fish from their inventory for a fish dish at a food stall in Sulani. :)

Gah! I love the Mua Pel'am volcano! It's so cool, very realistic looking eh? :) Ooo, waterfall woo hoo! Go Jules and Emmett! Essa and Josh will most likely make their way there at some point. hehe Oh cool, Kava Kava Party Party incoming! Good idea using fresh fish from one of those traps! Looking forward to the party! :)

Thank you about my daily post pic! I wish more Sims could ride in those canoes too. Just think of the romantic shots we could get if they could. *sigh* Love the dolphins, they're so darn cute! Surprised me when that one popped up out of nowhere to interact with Josh. Bummer it didn't like him and left though. Oh well. Thank you about the dialogue too, I have fun trying to think of what they're saying from the expressions. hehe Yes! I wish there were levels for experience too, like we have when they build snowpals! I thought it just made sense he'd give it t Essa since it's a necklace. I was hoping he'd find something like that to give her. :) We need freakin' doorbells! GAH! l :D

@SoulGal7
    HAHA! You're hilarious! That sounds just like one of the pop-up calls Sims can get that came with the Eco Living pack, except that one is about an inheritance. Thanks so much for reading. :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thanks, it was a bit foggy since it was a cloudy/rainy day. Not the prettiest screenshot, but I like it. :) Yeah, it does look like an angry gnome doesn't it! hehe I'm surprised nobody commented that I made sure to get a full-length view of Josh in the screenshot. hehe I thought it was a sweet gift for Essa from Josh. Just makes sense since it's a necklace. :)

Gah! Don't get me started! I was SO angry when I saw those two had stopped by to visit but they missed them. We so, so, SO need doorbells in this game. :(

So funny Malcom is giving Sofia the stink-eye. hehe She's his wife in another save eh and he thinks she's a nutcase? HAHA!

hehe So funny Josh is perhaps a bartender there! Doesn't surprise me he turns up doing so many NPC roles. He is a Super Sim, so lots of skills/aspirations complete. ;) They all do look like they're having fun, what a cool restaurant! Is someone begging Daddy for toys? hehe Hey, good job Josh balancing those bottles. :) Ooo, hey, what is that drink with the pink hearts floating out from them? Ohhhh dear! That waiter does look like he doesn't like Malcom very much. HAHA! Good idea getting out of Dodge there Malcom. :D

In answer to your question, I'm not sure about the pirate costumes, where they all came from. I'll have to check when I go in game in a little while. However, I do know that in my restaurant some of the costumes I used were the pirate costumes from Get Famous, I think perhaps Spooky Day too, or I think there might be some in base game. I'll check and let you know. :)
    edited September 2021
    September - Day 6: "Enjoying Paradise"

oJXBezS.png

Notes

Unfortunately, I had some unforeseen delays, so the above daily post pic will be the post for Day 6.... :|
    Update 247 - The Kava Party

XGnPRHe.jpg
    The next morning, there were no fish in the trap.
    LPbh7UC.jpg

I guess we'll have to do this the old fashioned way.
    5s9Ixvd.jpg

Ruby helped out too by placing a grocery order, as they needed a few more of the essentials to make the meals they wanted to.
    o06o6tG.jpg

In the meantime, Jules cooked a vegetarian meal.
    79Hr24J.png

Kala doesn't look too thrilled to be delivering groceries this time. She probably just wants to be off terrorizing people in the ocean lol.
    GxhJVrF.jpg

And Rowan had some mommy and me baking time with Jules (The game would not sync up and actually show them cooking these fudge bars together though, which is why this is the only screenshot I got)
    A9iJkre.jpg

It was nearly time for the guests to arrive, so they changed their clothes into the local fashion and Jules prepared the kava.
    Bl6Y00Y.jpg

No sir, not a chance.
    iM1ED4h.png

Go do something useful instead, like gathering the food from the BBQ pit.
    vGYR0jx.png

And then the guests began to arrive. Bex was obviously annoyed about something, while Essa looks quite distraught.
    8xvF2Xr.png

Well maybe some kava will help with their moods.
    bpbP4VZ.jpg

Jules made a toast and crossed her fingers that the next guests would arrive in higher spirits.
    G0G8LFG.jpg

Hahhahaha, no such luck :joy:
    sad2EZg.jpg

Even Sakura doesn't look that thrilled to be here, though Essa seems to have cheered up a bit in the background.
    eymwH6a.jpg

And so the party was in full swing.
    w646QQM.jpg

Rose needed a break from the chaos though.
    vDb0yLt.png

And so everyone ate, and danced, and made a mess.
    Vp82Wgz.jpg

I found Ruby going for a swim in her clothes. Did someone sneak some kava lol?
    WConIG6.png

And before I knew it, the party had ended, and they had done well :)
    K1gxekG.png

And to end the night, this little sweetheart autonomously began cleaning up <3
    79h5HbS.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top