Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How satisfied are you with the Spa Day refresh?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Completely satisfied. Theyve done an excellent job!
    Judging this update solely on it's own merits and not what might be featured in futures updates. Based on what was shown in the livestream I'm completely satisfied. I had planned on an Eco lifestyle for one of my sims but now we'll be exploring all the new Spa Day gameplay. She's currently working on the wellness skill and will be moving to Sulani to cultivate clients. The conservationist career also seems to fit well with her new lifestyle.
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    It looks great! I wasn’t expecting so much stuff honestly.

But yeah, I really hope sims don’t like the nails as much as they like piercings. I don’t think the masks will be in cas so they probably won’t randomly generate on sims.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,392 Member
    edited September 2021
    Completely Satisfied. We're getting nails and facial masks.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    edited September 2021
    I forgot to mention that I'm very excited for this refresh, and I love the trailer. I can't believe all the extra gameplay, very impressed. Hopefully a successful refresh so we can look forward to more packs undergoing the same great treatment.

Edit to say, I love it! I especially love the moods my high maintenance celebrity comedian will throw, lol. Yep, it's a good upgrade imho.
    Post edited by bshag4lv on
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I am pleasantly surprised by how much they added, when I first heard of pack refreshes I did not expect much tbh, maybe some new swatches for existing items and more cross pack functions but that was it, I never expected them to actually add new gameplay let alone aspirations and traits....so I am more than happy and it gives me so much hope for upcoming pack refreshes.

Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited September 2021
    Given that I expected nothing, I'm more than pleased with what we're getting, but I won't allow myself to be too happy about it just yet. This game is like Final Destination, always finding unexpected ways to kill the fun of even the most harmless additions that would have been cool otherwise. If by next weekend, all townies are generated with crazy nails and autonomously setting up their own yoga classes in the most inappropriate places during thunderstorms, I will be very disappointed (but hardly surprised).
  • CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    Feeling neutral. Neither very good improvement nor very bad
    I was okay about Spa Day as it was, but it's always good to have more stuff. I'm not even bothered it's first - I can imagine improvements like this are split across teams so that they're not all working on the same thing at the same time, and it just so happens this was ready for release first.

I can't really say much more until it's updated and I can experience it in its new form. I had made a new spa place not long back, so it'll be nice to see how the new stuff improves the venue.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    I already liked Spa Day a lot and I'm glad they went back and added some inclusion for kids and toddlers. Up until recently these life stages were getting ignored a lot, so I'm pretty happy in general they're giving them some love! :)
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member

I was happy with Spa Day to begin with. I wasn't expecting much in the refresh, just additional swatches and maybe an aspiration. They have added more than I expected, and it's free. I always wanted nails, but it is the one CC I never downloaded. So that addition alone makes me very happy.

I also think that this bodes well for the addition of werewolves in the game. Not a fan of werewolves. But I do think it opens an interesting door.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    It's wait and see for me, but it will be all the more useful for one of my sims.
    She should get great mileage out of it.

I will be giving certain nails to my vampire and cat sims, but I hope the game doesn't just throw them willy-nilly on every sim.
    We already have enough CAS weirdness being thrown about.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Judging this update solely on it's own merits and not what might be featured in futures updates. Based on what was shown in the livestream I'm completely satisfied. I had planned on an Eco lifestyle for one of my sims but now we'll be exploring all the new Spa Day gameplay. She's currently working on the wellness skill and will be moving to Sulani to cultivate clients. The conservationist career also seems to fit well with her new lifestyle.

The refresh is making me want to put Eco back in my game.
    Community spaces seem like they would be a perfect place to instruct on Yoga and Meditation.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • belpitabelpita Posts: 1,445 Member
    It was always one of my favourite packs, even though I know not a lot of others agree. :D So I'm happy it's getting a refresh. It looked very promising to me, except the nails...ew, can't stand long nails. But I'm sure others will love them.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    I like the improvements as they stand. However, I was also hoping to see a resurgence in martial arts with this pack. Martial arts fit perfectly with the Wellness concept and can be taught (and practised) from childhood through elders.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,484 Member
    It's actually very hard to answer this question, before I've seen and played the new options. I'm hoping I'll like it. I do enjoy Spa Day. But, I don't want my male graduates from Uni suddenly sporting those very long nails, (along with the feminine shoes) when he dons his graduation robes just prior to the ceremony!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    A pack I purchased years ago is getting more content without any additional purchases, it's hard to complain about that, really looking forward to populating my worlds with nail salons!
  • sourapfelsourapfel Posts: 18 Member
    This is a free update that they did not have to give us so I'm satisfied. Still a very strange choice and I hope they hired people specifically for this task instead of relocating resources and manpower away from teams responsible for bug fixes or working on future content.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    After watching the trailer and Live Stream I am really happy with the refresh. But as others have said, my final opinion will be based on how it plays. If its full of bugs then of course my opinion will change. But right now I am looking forward to it.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Knowing SimGuruConor worked on this refresh gives me some hope because he also worked on Nifty Knitting and it's been a fun addition to my game with no problems. All the new swatches and meshes are great because I love having a lot of options when it comes to decor.
  • Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 761 Member
    If I voted right now without playing it would be completely satisfied. Spa Day is one of my most used GPs. Not only for the wellness skill but I visit spas quite a bit. The tending, trait, and aspirations are things I wanted and felt were missing from the pack. The trait seems fun, I was expecting a completely different type of trait, this is one I’ll get a lot of use from.

The nails is completely is beyond what I thought we would get. Really makes me looks forward to future refreshes. They set the bar high.

But if this updated breaks spas, then it’s worthless. Currently it’s a pack that works exactly as it’s meant to. My vote is dependent on if it’s stays that way.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    i am neutral on the spa day pack refresh as a player i think they should of focus on refreshing the laundry day sp like adding a topload washer with matching dryer vintage and modern side opening dryer door or oven type dryer door laundry basket to carry the clothes to the clothes line wringer washers for eco sims or players that went to create amish style familys depending on the story they went to create thats just a few on the list of improuvement for the sims4 since the list is very long
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited September 2021
    belpita wrote: »
    It was always one of my favourite packs, even though I know not a lot of others agree. :D So I'm happy it's getting a refresh. It looked very promising to me, except the nails...ew, can't stand long nails. But I'm sure others will love them.

There are short and middle length options too. Since they featured the super long ones so heavily I was afraid they were it too, but there’s actually something like 4-6 options if I remember and a lot of different color selections everything from neutrals to multi colors, plus kids and toddlers can get their nails done too.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Without the refresh out so far I’m meh about it. It’s one of my favourite packs and use spa day all the time and feel other game packs need refreshing first. The content looks ok but it’s not a big priority for me. I’ll never use the nails and the only thing I will use is the aspirations.
  • PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    In general I'm quite happy that they decided to revisit old packs and give them a refresh. It is too early to say how I feel about the Spa Day refresh since it is not out yet. Personally I would have preferred if the focus had been more on active or freelance wellness careers that allow for more than teaching yoga in the park. I am not super excited about the nails and fear they will make random townies look worse but I'm glad they added them since so many people have been asking for this.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Peppers wrote: »
    In general I'm quite happy that they decided to revisit old packs and give them a refresh. It is too early to say how I feel about the Spa Day refresh since it is not out yet. Personally I would have preferred if the focus had been more on active or freelance wellness careers that allow for more than teaching yoga in the park. I am not super excited about the nails and fear they will make random townies look worse but I'm glad they added them since so many people have been asking for this.

If I remember correctly, you can also freelance as a masseuse or a nail tech.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited September 2021
    Feedback on SPA DAY REFRESH
    Post edited by carpe_diem on