Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fix Townies! - Disable accessories for random!? Should EA do this?

Β«13
83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
Making over townies and also your own Sims after their birthday is such a hassle in TS4. I was thinking how much easier it would be and also how much more pleasing Sims would look if the game didn't throw hats, glasses, socks and accessories (in the future probably also nails) on them randomly.
In my opinion, this approach would fix a lot of the issues many are having with townies, while players can always choose to add accessories of THEIR choice. What do you think?

Also, EA could do it meanwhile updating CAS assets when the next pack is due that requires changes to CAS assets anyway (there have been such packs in the past, e.g. every pack adding a new species). That way it wouldn't become a hassle.
Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen

Fix Townies! - Disable accessories for random!? Should EA do this? 180 votes

Yes, please. I can very well decide on my own if I want a Sim to wear hats, glasses, socks, necklaces and the like.
76%
Akl500Pauroraael14CK213Kita5399Sara1010PMstybl95jeepjeepcatbandit5alexspoom13SimmervilleOolonglongWedSleepycatDSLMelisendreTheSpotted_CIsb917aaronrulzCaitxcatmaggiemae8135Mariefoxprice83 137 votes
No, I like my townies being spawned with accessories.
8%
JueJueDarkLady2788AncientMuseMoonCrossWarrior22JackOnYourBackStrawberryYogurtPamtastic72EliteGirlBecka28RouensimsKimmerL33tP33tNWIsharellmightyspriteSimSoon 15 votes
I don't care either way.
7%
PlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscarhaneulgoodcakebaker62SdnPlyr8SindocatEnkiSchmidtLoanetDaWaterRatCatzillaSnowBnuuyLynnPlayz1LilyLulu 13 votes
Other
8%
GalacticGalIceyJZhakiraPAC_44DijktafoneravynwolvfmitchiebanjophantasmkissMissmagoo2GrumpyGlowfishAdmiral8QCalico45NightlyCoffeeJyotaiwahini2024 15 votes

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Yes, please. I can very well decide on my own if I want a Sim to wear hats, glasses, socks, necklaces and the like.
    I never want to see another sim who decides that they need to wear socks and leggings.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    I don't want boring Sims townies. Sims fashion is a thing in my saves and it's fun.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    I like weirdness!
  • Options
    AC_44AC_44 Posts: 8 New Member
    Other
    I wouldn't mind more mundane accessories being applied randomly, like eyeglasses - things that'd be realistically expected for real people to wear. The crazy/loud accessories I could do without (or MUCH lower probability to be chosen), like some of the hats and that horrible eyeball ring that every sim ends up wearing.

I like using mods to have more control over the randomly applied accessories, but in terms of what would be practical for *EA* to do and what they're actually capable of, disabling random accessories for townies wouldn't be a bad idea.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yes please! This would improve the game so much for me.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    For me it would be a huge improvement.

Another approach would be to let us turn it on and off.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited September 2021
    Here's the thing- I like being able to tell is a sim is near-sighted, likes piercings (and where), or likes jewelry (and where) based on how many of their outfits spawn with such, but given how often it occurs that they spawn looking like they just won the lottery and lost all sense in the same day, I feel they should at least only have townies spawn with one accessory item only (of any type), and copy it across all outfits (save sleep and swimwear). Sure, some could end up with the [overblown] eyeball ring, but it would also make it so we'd see more sims spawn with glasses, which only tends to happen in a few outfits, and rarely is it not accompanied by an ensemble from a thrift store raid.

I don't care if grandma has a septum piercing. I care if grandma has ice cream cones in her ears, scientist glasses, mismatched socks, formal gloves, a spiked collar, the hand-thing from RoM, and glowing bracelets. Pick one, for crying out loud!!!

Sadly with EAxis, it's all or nothing, and I'd rather they have none, than every last slot filled.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    Other
    If it is too hard for some sort of moderation, than yeah, please just disable accessories. That randomizer is always spitting out something hideous, even when we aren't talking about townies. It is so annoying when a Sim ages up or a premade doesn't have a set outfit and the randomizer spits out something to burn my retinas. Then I have to fix it, with burning retinas.

What I prefer would be accessory limits. It seems like sort of a shame for all accessories to pretty well disappear when the real problem is accessory overload. At least for me. I don't mind townies looking run of the mill ugly, just not like caricatures. I would argue one, maybe two, would be enough. That way it is just earrings and socks or glasses and a bracelet. I can certainly handle that.

Better yet, disable townie generation altogether. I have complained about that random save file clutter since launch day.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    I like seeing random townies proudly flying their freak flags, it adds fun and flavour to my game... plus the crazy fashion statements help me to remember who's who in town.

I don't need to be in full control of absolutely every little detail of the game, but (as always) the best solution would be to give us a toggle to turn on/off random accessories so we can make that choice for ourselves based on personal gameplay preferences. This way we can all be happy with how our games look.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes, that would really improve how townies are generated.

Let's be honest. The townie system which randomizes clothes are broken, there is no reason in how they are wearing their glasses, piercings, rings etc. The game is just randomizing everything and then Maxis are pretending that they doesn't exist. Disabling those would improve their outfits a lot.

I have sometimes, very rarely found a townie which looks okay with how they look and that's a townie that did the lucky roll in not getting any accessories in their everyday outfit.

Disabling socks, piercings, leggins, glasses and hats will improve them a lot.

Otherwise, just take a look at the townie fashion police thread. That's what sims look like in your game Maxis.

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Plus, fix the random event situation outfits that my own poor sims seems to wear from time to time instead of their own outfits.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Also, stop allowing the game to manifest the ugliest combination of clothes unless you plan on giving us Stacy and Clinton from What Not To Wear to improve what townies are wearing.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't care either way.
    I like the weird random outfits, but if they change it I wouldn't mind too terribly much.
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Yes. PLEASE.

I am so sick of the random ugliness, and the random mish-mash of why would you wear this? Also, anyone (and I do mean anyone) that I catch wearing that hideous eyeball ring is deleted on the spot via MCCC.
  • Options
    LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    I don't care either way.
    I sometimes give my Sims the eyeball ring...
    Am I a bad person? πŸ˜…
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    Other
    Just block the eyeball ring.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Without the crazy over accessorized outfits the Townie Fashion Police thread would cease to exist and it’s my favorite.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Yes Please! 😱
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Other
    I just wish they would stop spawning townies all together. I deleted all my spawned townies (146 of them) and then evicted gallery sims into the not in world other households ether to spawn as townies which has taken care of many townie issues.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    though i wish i could disable randomized townie spawning all together because i have plenty sims to use for everything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PeppersPeppers Posts: 86 Member
    Not a bad idea but the main issue in my opinion is the random and mismatching clothing. Why wear a coconut bra when you visit the vet in Brindleton Bay? Makes no sense and looks very unrealistic. I am really hoping after the Spa Day update that not every townie (children, grandmas, grandpas, whoever) will run around with colorful claws. I think this would really annoy me.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I don't care either way.
    There are certain accessories I'd like to disable, but something like jewelry doesn't bother me.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    I always edit all my townies anyway. Having accesories random helps me to choose clothes for them I never wouldve chose on my own. But i edit them all so they dont look too crazy
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    I would be happy for this to be optional.
  • Options
    FarmerJeiFarmerJei Posts: 55 Member
    > @Kimmer said:
    > I don't want boring Sims townies. Sims fashion is a thing in my saves and it's fun.

i prefer making my "own town" for a save, i was on a break from sims cause my dog had puppies and im coming back now and im redoing a whole new save and i honestly enjoy creating new stories and relationships and dressing them accordingly. having EA throw in their.... special... fashion choices just makes such a mess. The amount of screenshots i have of just the most horrific sims XD, i know some people dont enjoy the cas stuff and just want to build so maybe there could be a "Randomize Townie" option, we do have the "fill empty houses with households from gallery option" so it can be done