Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The "Is there a mod/CC for this?" thread

Comments

• lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    columbia93 wrote: »
    I'd be interested in a Mod that made the All-In-One Bathroom less desirable! I like to use it when I build a little room for the Butler, in the hopes they'll use it instead of showering in the Master Bath. Problem is, my Simmies LOVE that bathroom. I've built the Butler's room over the barn and, even in the middle of a raging snowstorm in the wee hours of the morning, my dang little Simmies will head to the barn to use that AIO bathroom! If anyone knows of something to curb this, I would be greatly appreciative.

I've created a Gardening Mod for myself many years ago but could probably find the info on how to do it...wondering if something like that could be possible to decrease the attractiveness....
    I believe you can do that with nraas retuner 🤔
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,079 Member
    @Chiesbit and @columbia93
    You can disable autonomous use on some objects with
    retuner, I do that with rocking chairs as sims are obsessed lol.
  • lowpolygallowpolygal Posts: 422 Member
    @GraceyManor Yes! I've used it on some objects to turn of the autonomous use... but I still hadn't figure out the advertisements because there are objects I want sims to use by themselves more... but not so much it ends up being ridiculous lol
    zDZ4NFB.png
    I have a Simblr
  • columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    @Chiesbit and @columbia93
    You can disable autonomous use on some objects with
    retuner, I do that with rocking chairs as sims are obsessed lol.

Does that also affect NPCs? Like I said, I like using it for the Butler quarters so... :)
  • IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    Disabling autonomous on it will prevent any sim from using it autonomously, including the butler, but locking the door to the room it's in to everyone except the butler will prevent your household members from using it.
    Does anyone know if there's a mod for "teen parties" I received the free vacation random event, but heard its bugged, so I refused.
    But miss the option to throw teen parties and have it busted.
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Disabling autonomous on it will prevent any sim from using it autonomously, including the butler, but locking the door to the room it's in to everyone except the butler will prevent your household members from using it.

Unfortunately, I like using it for pool areas, too. Guess I'll have to forget about that and lock that door, like you suggested!
    edited September 2021
    Does anyone know if there's a mod for "teen parties" I received the free vacation random event, but heard its bugged, so I refused.

By "free vacation" do you mean where the parents go away (to Limbo) for a few days? I've allowed it many, many times. I've never had a problem but, be warned that, no matter what your teen does, they'll get scolded/grounded when Mom & Dad get home. Mom & Dad come home before the maid gets there so, a dirty dish, a piece of laundry, and BAM! I think I did have a Simmie throw a party while their folks were gone but honestly, it was a long, long time ago. I don't know about a mod but, maybe save often and give it a shot next time.

By "free vacation" do you mean where the parents go away (to Limbo) for a few days? I've allowed it many, many times. I've never had a problem but, be warned that, no matter what your teen does, they'll get scolded/grounded when Mom & Dad get home. Mom & Dad come home before the maid gets there so, a dirty dish, a piece of laundry, and BAM! I think I did have a Simmie throw a party while their folks were gone but honestly, it was a long, long time ago. I don't know about a mod but, maybe save often and give it a shot next time.

There is a bug where the parents won't return home and resetting them with MC doesn't fix it.

There is a bug where the parents won't return home and resetting them with MC doesn't fix it.

Didn't know that! Guess I've been lucky because I almost always choose the vacation...and my Simmie parents come back all cranky! :)

Didn't know that! Guess I've been lucky because I almost always choose the vacation...and my Simmie parents come back all cranky! :)

I just tried it, and my sims kids threw a teen party, police got called, tried to break up party but sims wouldn't leave, I had to reset my lot and when my lot reset, my parent sims disappeared from my family, I had to use overwatch to recover missing sims, its really glitchy.
    Anyways, how about a mod to stop my sims from wearing chef outfit when using teppanyaki grill
    Its a pain to have to go into MC each time.
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    Does anyone know if there is a working link to download these decorative pandas?

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/09/pandas-by-jennisims.html

Alternatively, are there any other decorative pandas that you know of? (I saw some dogs edited to look like pandas at MTS, and they look great but are not what I'm looking for!)
    Is there a mod to make butlers actually do the work they were hired to do, and sleep at night so they'll be awake when they're supposed to be working? I have never had a decent butler in my game, but my current household really needs some hired help, and the maids don't do the one thing my sims most need them to, with any consistency. A mod to make maids do everything that needs to be done every day, instead of only the first day they come, would take care of the issue too, if there's one for that.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    Is there a mod to make butlers actually do the work they were hired to do, and sleep at night so they'll be awake when they're supposed to be working? I have never had a decent butler in my game, but my current household really needs some hired help, and the maids don't do the one thing my sims most need them to, with any consistency. A mod to make maids do everything that needs to be done every day, instead of only the first day they come, would take care of the issue too, if there's one for that.

Update 4 on this mod claims to fix butlers, but it also does other things you may not want.

https://modthesims.info/d/659969/simler90-s-gameplay-systems-core-mod.html
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    @KevinL5275 Thank you for that link. Even though there are some things that mod does that I don't want, the tuning files that it modifies are listed, so I can change the settings myself with NRaas Retuner. But the cooking issue isn't the only issue I want fixed, so if anyone knows of another mod that will fix the other issues with butlers, I would very much appreciate having that information too.
  • StruggleBugStruggleBug Posts: 11 New Member
    Hello, hopefully I'm not interrupting any other conversations but I want to get the Sims 3 on steam (its cheaper than on Origin, comes with an expansion pack (Uni life or pets but I'll probably pick the latter) and also I don't have to download origin
    But I heard some mods do not work with steam so I need help finding ones that will
    There isn't much I want but I'm hoping for mods that
    A) help with performance (I heard ages ago that certain mods help things run smoother and my PC only has HDDs so I want it to be as good as possible)
    B) Mods for trans sims/less restricted gender presentation. I liked how this stuff was handled in Sims 4 and even if its not exactly the same I'll be happy for anything
    C) This one is a strech so I won't be disappointed if there isn't anything, but I'd be interested in any mods that add the possibilty for disabled sims in some way. I understand that would probably be really hard to make though, just asking in case someone made it anyway
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited October 2021
    @StruggleBug - Hi there. TS3 Steam player here. :)

The good news is that there are no mods, CC, or custom scripted objects that work any differently on Steam installs than any other. Steam delivers Patch 1.67, Origin delivers 1.69 (or 1.70 for 64-bit Mac). Retail disc installs can be patched up to 1.67 with no Origin involvement. The game files for the three patch levels and the different install types are identical except for their internal build numbers, so we are all playing exactly the same game.

Core Mods do test for internal build numbers though, so a Core Mod intended for a different patch level/install type than the one in play might kick up a core version mismatch warning on startup that can (usually) be clicked through with no problems. The good news is that there are only seven Core Mods in popular usage, the other bazillion mods out there for TS3 are Script Mods, Scripted Objects, or Tuning Mods, which don't care at all about build numbers. A list of those Core Mods can be found on this page, scroll down a bit to see it.

There are some game utilities, these tools are executable programs running outside of the game and are not mods, that will not work on Steam installs. Popular examples include EasyCASP Editor and SaveCleaner (version 1 works, but not versions 2.x). There are other popular tools like S3PE and Dashboard that run fine on all of the install types.

A - Of course I am partial to NRaas mods since I am here from NRaas, but they are wildly popular regardless. The ones in particular that are designed to enhance and preserve game performance are Overwatch, ErrorTrap, Register, Traffic, Traveler (if any form of world travel is to be used), to an extent GoHere, and MasterController (in particular for its Reset Everything command that can be run from the Town Menu on City Hall).
    http://www.nraas.net/community/TIPS-FOR-BETTER-GAME-PERFORMANCE

Some players are very attached to AwesomeMod, one of the Core Mods mentioned above and essentially our "friendly competetior," for how well it helps their games perform.

There is also now a widely popular Smooth Patch mod, this is pretty new, that many players are reporting great success with and that can be used in conjunction with NRaas and, as far as I know, all other mods.

B - There may be some mods out there of interest in this regard, but TS3 isn't really set up to handle trans or non-binary sims. It's kind of a victim of the decade in which it was originally designed. NRaas MasterController can be used to help relax the gender-based clothing filters and there's lots of CC out there for cross-gender usage, but there is of course more to gender identity than the clothes one wears.

C - No Sims games are set up to handle differently-abled sims very well. There's a fair amount of CC out there though for decor (like non-functional wheelchairs), and many of us have things like hearing aids and eye patches in our games. I have a couple of mods myself that emulate scoliosis by way of imposing elder and other walking styles and canes on younger than elder sims (with only varying degrees of success) and custom CAS sliders that can provide for less than perfectly symmetrical looking bodies. But other than perhaps taking a bit longer to get around in the case of the different walk styles, these are all mostly cosmetic changes and the sims and those around them have no awareness of being differently-abled.
    Post edited by igazor on
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    PalmArrow wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a working link to download these decorative pandas?

http://mysims3blog.blogspot.com/2013/09/pandas-by-jennisims.html

Alternatively, are there any other decorative pandas that you know of? (I saw some dogs edited to look like pandas at MTS, and they look great but are not what I'm looking for!)

In the tiny chance someone else finds this thread while searching for decorative pandas, I settled for this one because it was the only working download I could find:

https://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/lisa9999/downloads/details/category/sims3-objects-furnishing-decor-miscellaneous/title/panda-bear/id/947456/

Not exactly what I was looking for because it looks like a teddy bear and not like the actual animal, but i just need it for a few screenshots so it will do!
    @igazor I just need a bit of help, I was downloading some Nraas mods (overwatch, errortrap and register) and there's a button saying 'download for 1.67/69/70' and if I download from there, will the file I get be compatible with steam?
    Also I read the how to install instructions but I'm not 100% sure where I specifically extract the file to
    I installed Register into Steam/steanapps/common/sims3 but am I meant to go i further? I'm scared of breaking my game before i start
    Final question: after extracting the files will I need to do anything else or can I just boot up the game?
    edited October 2021
    @StruggleBug - TS3 mods do not go anywhere into the Program Files. They did back in 2009 when the game was first released, but all of that changed with Patch 1.12 eleven years ago. You need to set up the Mods Framework first, and this goes into your TS3 user game folder in Documents, not in Program Files (/x86). Once set up and tested, mods and other package file content go into the Mods\Packages folder.
    https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

All NRaas mods are compatible with Steam/1.67. For ErrorTrap in particular, you will want the Steam/1.67 variant that is available on its Downloads page to avoid the core version mismatch warning on startup because unlike the others, as explained, ErrorTrap is a Core Mod. Look for the round Steam icon on that page next to where it says Patch 1.67.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    AH Thank you! I think I've installed the Nraas mods now! The only thing I have to ask is that Lazy Duchess' smooth patch mod says to " Simply unzip the file into your “The Sims 3/Game/Bin” folder. "
    Is this ok? Or should I put it in Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3/mods/packages like the Nraas mods?
    edited October 2021
    @StruggleBug - The Smooth Patch mod is brand new, as of a few weeks (couple of months) ago, so its instructions can't be as outdated as something that's been hanging out on the web since 2009-10. As it's not a standard mod like most others, I would have to say that the developer's instructions are accurate just for that one.

Am embarrassed to say I haven't tried this mod myself yet as I haven't had time to actually play this game in quite a while. But I'll get there eventually. :)

Unrelated, but there are also some HQ "mods" out there that have nothing to do with the user game folder in Documents either as they are much more intrusive to the game's graphics than mere scripting, tuning, and even core replacements. They would similarly each come with their own sets of instructions.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    Is there a way to set a specific outfit for a sim to wear when on vacation in the three WA worlds?
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Does anyone knows if "UL Degree benefits" and/or "Fewer (or More) Credit Hours For Degrees" mods work well with Nraas careers module? I'ld like to add them to my game, but only if they don't conflict...