Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims versus Little Sim World

Unlike “The Sims” series, the “Little Sim World” game has weather, cars and buses, and other features. Would you pay for Little Sim World and give it a chance? Here’s links about the game first:
https://twitter.com/littlesimworld?lang=en
https://lsw.gg/

The Sims versus Little Sim World 40 votes

Yes, I would!
20%
crazygrl32084Isb917simgirl1010annaliese39NationalPokedexsamemieEliteGirlImagebear 8 votes
No, thank you.
55%
PlayerSinger2010TheSpotted_CkampffenhoffhaneulArchivistCinebarBlueKeltMizzila1297duhboy2u2ChampandGirlieNetzspannungOnverserOldeseadoggeBreazonaKyreRoensimmerLellaEricasFreePlayCharlotta11SERVERFRAVeeDub 22 votes
Maybe. I will have to think about it.
25%
icmnfrshzagboorulestexxx78EnkiSchmidtBrandontaylorSeashoreLiviapink_coco10DuvelinaCalico45Dragonmasterleo 10 votes

Comments

• simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    No, thank you.
    Uh, The Sims series has all that stuff. And looks better. I'd rather play TS1 than that, but I'll keep playing Sims 3, thanks. :D
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Uh, The Sims series has all that stuff. And looks better. I'd rather play TS1 than that, but I'll keep playing Sims 3, thanks. :D

I think you're being a little rude here. This game is created by an indie company that has worked very hard to gather people's opinions and work that into their game. They don't have the major budget EA does.

It's honestly incomparable to a game/franchise created by a major publisher. It wasn't meant to be a Sims competitor and it won't be, but that's okay. It's very different besides since you only control one character.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I would!
    Duvelina wrote: »

I think you're being a little rude here. This game is created by an indie company that has worked very hard to gather people's opinions and work that into their game. They don't have the major budget EA does.

It's honestly incomparable to a game/franchise created by a major publisher. It wasn't meant to be a Sims competitor and it won't be, but that's okay. It's very different besides since you only control one character.

Thanks, @Duvelina for defending me on here. I appreciate it. I hope others would give “Little Sim World” a chance.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,456 Member
    Too cute for me.
    That doesn’t mean I’m not willing to give it a chance since I’m always interested in exploring different simulators. I’m just not into the whole cutesy cute theme.
    I can’t see it as a versus The sims either. Indie or not, it’d be just another game I might or might not play.
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I would!
    Too cute for me.
    That doesn’t mean I’m not willing to give it a chance since I’m always interested in exploring different simulators. I’m just not into the whole cutesy cute theme.
    I can’t see it as a versus The sims either. Indie or not, it’d be just another game I might or might not play.

@CAPTAIN_NXR7 Thanks for explaining how you feel about “Little Sim World” in a nice way. Yeah, it’s not for everyone. But I wonder how the rest of the people in this community feel about “Little Sim World”
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    Yes, I would!
    I think it's cute. Gives me an Animal Crossing vibe which I love. I'm not looking for it to be similar to the Sims but just a fun little game to play.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Looks like a mobile game and definitely not a "versus" the sims type game. It looks cute and like a good time killer while on your phone, but it is not something I'd ever pay for and install on my PC.

I prefer The Sims games over most other games because I enjoy building and decorating my sims homes, that's part of the fun for me so a 2D game would never ever take the place of any of the sims games.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    No, thank you.
    The art style is not for me, but I have seen posts about this game on Twitter and have some interest in seeing how the development goes. While I will not be playing this game myself, it is obvious that a lot of love and effort is going into the development of this game. I can appreciate that.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No, thank you.
    Not interested in it. Don't like the chibi look.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    No, thank you.
    Little Sim World is too cartoony and 2-dimensional for me. Paralives is the only other simulation I've seen so far that intrigues me at all & it's not necessarily an either/or situation for me. Stardew Valley is also too cartoony for me. Animal Crossing is too childish. I kind of like the look of The Settlers but have never played it and the gameplay might differ from The Sims Series. I do have interest in a newer Sims Medieval / historic-themed game depending on how it is done.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
    edited September 2021
    Yes, I would!
    I understand that most of the community wants to play “Paralives” or just quit playing “The Sims 5” without considering an alternative game. I understand people think that the game “Little Sims World” looks very cartoon like, but in my opinion the game”The Little Sim World” game needs to be given a chance. I know that the decision whether or not to “Little Sim World” is up to everyone here, though.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,338 Member
    I like the 2D graphics. (Admittedly I never really warmed up to modern graphics, so to me this is how games "are supposed to look".)
    However, the game seems to play closer to Stardew Valley than to The Sims: Exploring London Vs. creating our own town and dating npcs instead of weaving a vast net of intrigue between our own sims. I cannot see me play this as intensely or regularly as I play a sims game. As a filler, perhaps, depends on the price.
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    No, thank you.
    The art style isn't really my cup of tea, but it looks very well done, they've done a great job! :smile:
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    No, thank you.
    Nah, the Sims series is already about as much cute and cartoony as I can stand, and at times even that's too much.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,120 Member
    No, thank you.
    No, my Sims 3 & Sims 4 is enough sims for me. :p
  • SeashoreLiviaSeashoreLivia Posts: 833 Member
    edited September 2021
    Never mind
    Post edited by SeashoreLivia on
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    Yes, I would!
    I like to try out lots of different games, and don't see why I have to limit myself to just one life sim game. I'm looking forward to trying LSW.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    No, thank you.
    Whilst I'm not opposed to the art style per se, but having had some foreknowledge into the way romance is going to handled (visual novel style, rather than freeform), and having kept up with development, I'm going to have to give it a pass. I've been spoilt on a dollhouse-style life sim with freeform gameplay, and don't think I can turn back now. Whilst I won't be buying any Sims games past TS4, LSW just isn't my cup of tea.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • samemiesamemie Posts: 1,623 Member
    Yes, I would!
    I'm definitely interested in the game, but then I love games like this. However like others have said, I don't see it becoming a competitor to The Sims and I don't think it should try to be. I'm sure there will naturally be some crossover in audience, but from what I can tell about LSW, it's more of an Animal Crossing/Stardew-like thing where you make one character/avatar and do stuff with them, whereas with The Sims you can obviously make lots of characters and explore their individual stories and stuff. I think they both have a place and I enjoy them both but yeah like I said, I don't see it becoming a competitor for that reason.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, thank you.
    LOL, No. The crosswalk says Look Both Ways. lol Is this a game for kindergarteners?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    No, thank you.
    Reminds me too much of the games of the 1990's. There were some fun games back then, (particularly like the 'Caesar', 'Civilization', & "Age of Empires' series, and "Elploration'), but I find the visuals quite dated. Once one has had 3D, 2D just doesn't cut it.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited September 2021
    I was already following it on Steam because it did look like it had potential from the screenshots, but I don't really touch patreons or crowdfunding. If we're talking about buying it after release, it 100% depends on how the game turns out. If it is good, sure, no reason not to. If it is lost to development tartarus, then obviously not.

So, maybe. We'll see.

Edit: I've also just noticed there is a "versus The Sims" debate going on here and just no. I have no problem picking up new games, but I don't replace ones I already have. 100% will still be playing my copies of Sims 1-4 as I please, purchase of Little Sim World or not.
  • No, thank you.
    It looks like the kind of game I'd play if someone else were paying for it—given to me as a gift or if I were getting paid to write about it—but it's not something I'd spend my own money on.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space