Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Career do you want to see next?

Comments

• ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Investigative Reporter (Active career)
    • Tracking illegal pollution made by Landgraab Industries

Why just stop with that and not other illegal activities they may have been involved in... ?
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    Other (please specify)
    i vote other since my choice would be to run a dry cleaner laundromat buisness for sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • daryl921daryl921 Posts: 11 New Member
    The acrobat and magician/illusionist from the sims 3.Also martial artist maybe?
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Other (please specify)
    There aren't really any careers I'm looking forward to, because the ones available are more than enough for me, but....
    What I would LOVE to see is making existing jobs more interactive. Its sad that are only like 4-5 jobs that you can actually go with your sim and do the job yourself... I'd like more. It could be game changing honestly... like Lawyer (attending court trials, talking to clients, etc)
  • Lucy_SimsLucy_Sims Posts: 15 Member
    Firefighter (includes the NPC!)
    I have wanted an active firefighter career in the sims 4 for forever!
  • simopolissimopolis Posts: 147 Member
    Uaexep wrote: »
    There aren't really any careers I'm looking forward to, because the ones available are more than enough for me, but....
    What I would LOVE to see is making existing jobs more interactive. Its sad that are only like 4-5 jobs that you can actually go with your sim and do the job yourself... I'd like more. It could be game changing honestly... like Lawyer (attending court trials, talking to clients, etc)

Hey and what about making all npc roles into active careers?! Bartender goes to bar and makes drinks for customers for tips, librarian goes to library and recommends and puts away books, gym trainer goes to gym and trains other sims, fireman goes to houses and puts out fires, mailman delivers all the mail in their world, entertainer tells jokes and plays music at the lounge, etc some of these activities could be added to existing career levels and branches as active work from home options, and some could be added as new careers. I’d love to see a curator npc for the museum, and even a busking job like this and weirdo job like this. Perhaps make caterers have the option to cater real parties as an active event. This would make the world feel just so much more rich and interactive!!!
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,178 Member
    Other (please specify)
    ghamrick75 wrote: »
    Investigative Reporter (Active career)
    • Tracking illegal pollution made by Landgraab Industries

Why just stop with that and not other illegal activities they may have been involved in... ?

Because Landgraab paid the reporter to avoid the other sensitive stuff :p
  • MarkooshMarkoosh Posts: 108 Member
    Other (please specify)
    simopolis wrote: »
    Uaexep wrote: »

Hey and what about making all npc roles into active careers?! Bartender goes to bar and makes drinks for customers for tips, librarian goes to library and recommends and puts away books, gym trainer goes to gym and trains other sims, fireman goes to houses and puts out fires, mailman delivers all the mail in their world, entertainer tells jokes and plays music at the lounge, etc some of these activities could be added to existing career levels and branches as active work from home options, and some could be added as new careers. I’d love to see a curator npc for the museum, and even a busking job like this and weirdo job like this. Perhaps make caterers have the option to cater real parties as an active event. This would make the world feel just so much more rich and interactive!!!

Exactly! ...maybe it will happen in TS5, who knows.
    Its such a missed opportunity imo.
    Game's already not open world, so I can't see it making bunch of technical problems .
  • Snowleopard_0Snowleopard_0 Posts: 228 Member
    edited September 2021
    Oh my gosh, you guys were spot on! I'd like for the firefighter career to be an option, instead of just a suggestion :(
    I'd also like for there to be, instead of detective, police officer. Basically, just an assortment of civil jobs. I want librarian, first responder, mail man, police officer, firefighter, janitor and a garbage man. Also, I'd like for these people to be able to actually be in the world! The sims 4 is severely lacking life, it really feels like you just stay on your lot and grind skills sometimes.
    Another thing I'd like: being able to have a second job! You could have your primary job, where you work your 8 hours. And then your could have a secondary job (ex. librarian) where you can pick your hours. That would really help my legacy founders.
    she/her- Gallery ID is Solaranimal1
    Someone who cries to minecraft music
    (Hey guys, can someone tell me how to put a picture here?)
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Hitman, Pirate, Mangaka, Lawyer, Pollination technician, DJ, Rapper, gameshow host like Professer Genki or Chris McLean.
    edited December 2021
    Other (please specify)
    • Clinic Manager : Own and manage a private clinic
    • Freelance Private Detective career : Find missing sims and pets, collect data about an unfaithful spouse.
    • Freelance Mad Scientist career hiring Test Subjects (like our dear Nervous Subject)
    • Perfumer : Use the plants to create fragrances
    edited December 2021
    Religion career and as a fun way to throw in a Jim Pickens Reference, you can work your way up to the Cult Leader career path until you reach the Dear Leader title or the Llama religion path, BTW do Sims still worship their Llama God?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Religion career and as a fun way to throw in a Jim Pickens Reference, you can work your way up to the Cult Leader career path until you reach the Dear Leader title or the Llama religion path, BTW do Sims still worship their Llama God?

Dear leader should be an option in the political or military career. 😀 For religion, cult leader is enough, if the religion has only cult status. If it has mainstream status the top career level should be something like the Pope.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited December 2021
    Singer
    • Freelance Private Detective career : Find missing sims and pets, collect data about an unfaithful spouse.
    • Freelance Mad Scientist career hiring Test Subjects (like our dear Nervous Subject)

I second the Mad Scientist comment. Maybe the person that is in the Mad Scientist career go insane after performing science experiments on other people, and themselves. That being said, I would like the option for my female Sims to be maids.
    EliteGirl wrote: »

I second the Mad Scientist comment. Maybe the person that is in the Mad Scientist career go insane after performing science experiments on other people, and themselves. That being said, I would like the option for my female Sims to be maids.

I definitely want this, Mad Scientist would be pretty cool, you could even splinter off into Geneticist branch genesplicing Animal and Sims DNA to create animal and Sims hybrids and a Cybernetics branch where you can turn yourself or other sims into cyborgs, Maid career is just the cherry on top.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Education
    Education. I chose this because the last pack I bought for the game was Discover University.
  • ArarineArarine Posts: 250 Member

Perfumer💖 I wish love make perfume as new craftable may be it will be creative career pack that introduce a lot of craft item and freelancelike jewelry maker, pot maker, toy maker, wood maker(introduce a lot of new woodworking), comic artist
    Wish more Recipe/harvestable/woodwork/craftableWish live in businessWish more interactive between sims and activityWish a lot of refresh and Better resize pleaseWish for another colour upgrade swatchWish for pool sliderFix the bug please
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Think I want a model career or hair stylist. I would want them both to be an active career. Hair stylist could be a work from home in your created home salon or work in an actual salon.

Model I would want to get gigs similar to the acting career and you would do some sort of photo shoot. It would be cool to get random sim magazines with your sims photo on the cover.
  • ghamrick75ghamrick75 Posts: 134 Member
    Other (please specify)
    I mentioned this too in a post earlier!!

Thought of a few others too:

- Bodyguard / Bouncer - The bouncer role is in the game for NPCs. Being able to assign an NPC to be that role or even assign someone that type of role as a career would be fantastic. I mention Bodyguard as an option too.

- MMA fighter / Pro-wrestler - as someone said earlier in this thread, the career options for athlete characters needs fleshed out better! I mention this one because I know a couple of pro-wrestlers who play Sims 4 and the MMA fighter just because of some folks I know. (And I second the person who suggested fitness instructor / personal trainer as well)

- Wishing we could assign NPC characters or Household members to certain roles / jobs in the game that are not otherwise available to choose as careers.
    Origin ID: ghamrick75
    (I'm been redoing my gallery stuff so bear with me. FYI: I never use CC on my gallery builds. I rarely use MOO.) I am usually more pleased with my room builds than my lot builds.

“I have never met such weird yet serious and earnest people.” ― Jack Kerouac, The Dharma Bums
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Other (please specify)
    Slacker career!!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited February 2022
    Other (please specify)
    EMT / Paramedic career and be able to revive sims before Grim Reaper comes.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Other (please specify)
    We have education now, but I would love the daycare job like from Sims 3.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited January 2022
    I cannot remember when I voted and answered this, but lately there has been a new career I'd like. Museum curator with a revamp of museums to go with it (today it's a rather useless venue tbh). An active base game career taking place at any museum lot in your game. Job would entail:
    • Guiding tours in the museum
    • Talking to guests
    • Mentoring painting (similar to mentoring in a gym)
    • Arranging the artwork on the walls
    • Purchasing new artwork
    • Researching up and coming artists
    • Making sure everything works/is clean - calling maintenance if something needs repairing/cleaning

In museums, you as a guest would be able to:
    • Take tours (build painting skill and if done enough time can give you the "art lover" trait as a reward trait)
    • Paint and ask to be mentored (builds skill much faster)
    • Take part in art classes where you paint with live models (like you can in Discover University, but this would take place in museums and be open for everyone).
    • Go to museum events (similar to festivals but takes place at museums every now and again, buy drinks in a bar, listen to music being played live, talk about art)
    • Paint replicas of the art in the museum
    • Buy replicas of the art in the museum

There should of course be art made for these new functions which is only available to hang in museums - with "replicas" available to buy in museums and hung at home. Buying these at museums (or painting them yourself) would be the only way (bar cheating) of getting the paintings to your own home.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
    While Paranormal Investigator is cool, I still think a Grim Reaper career would be awesome, think of it as a cross between the Detective Career and Paranormal investigator career, determine the sim's type of death, and scythe them, you can either bring sims back or kill them, leaving their tombstones behind.
  • BlueOvaleBlueOvale Posts: 740 Member
    edited January 2022
    Actor
    We got actor!

In the future, I'd like a career that makes use of a sketching table. It's always been a profession tool that I've been attracted to. I think we have one somewhere in buy mode, but I wonder what it's for since we don't have any careers or hobbies that need one. So like cartoonist or architect or engineer.

I had a lot of fun with the acrobat career in TS3. It would be a good opportunity to create another physical gain skill with new animations, because so far they're kinda boring. Acrobatics are more creative and artistic than jogging, lifting weights, swimming, etc.

And I'd also like a journalism career. We could be sent to report on city festivals, or be sent to cover crime stories in dark alleys.
    At higher levels we would start interviewing celebrities and politicians. Maybe we could have our own show on television and gain fame this way.