Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SPA DAY REFRESH!

Comments

• ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I'm feeling everything they added. Except...

I really wish they would've added a fruit juicer!!!!!

I guess I'll have to wait for the Cottage Living refresh to get the fruit juicer huh? :'(
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    That reminds me actually, now that children can take part in wellness activities, does this mean pregnant sims can now do yoga?

I remember trying this out a few years back, and there was no option, but I haven't tried it since so I'm not sure if any changes have already been made.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    I have to admit I was disappointed that Spa Day was the pack getting an upgrade, but after what I've read in this thread, I am looking forward to these changes. I love the notion of a High Maintenance Trait, (I just hope they do it right). And just who puts a facial mask on a Toddler? — don't answer that. I once knew a gal who took her infant to a chiropractor. :O Their little bones are still growing. (Don't crunch the baby, don't crunch the baby! LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The silver lining is that at least it's a free update... but honestly, I'm not thrilled about it. Sure, manicures sound like fun, but I would have liked to see other features before this.

I thought the update would be for Outdoor Retreat. There was a lot of speculation that Granite Falls could be 'unlocked' for residential lots, a feature that I've wanted for such a long time now. I don't use vacation worlds for this very reason - so pretty please Sims team, make it happen for the next pack refresh. 🥺

Insects collected from Granite Falls can be gifted to wildlife if you own Cottage Living.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wonder if kids that do yoga lose weight though because i keep ending up with well fed kids and that could help... theres not actually much in terms of exercise they can do which tbh is strangest thing ever and i dont think the kids motor items count towards weightloss
    Now that I think about it, do kids change to their activewear for anything other than playing basketball? Cause at least yoga would give them another opportunity to change to their activewear, which is nice. It's kinda pointless otherwise.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I don’t really know of children and toddlers getting manicures/doing yoga etc.. so it’s a weird one for me, there’s plenty of other packs that would have better suited such an update..

I just hope this doesn’t render spa day a botched pack as it was one of the only ones that worked without problems.. 🙄
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have to admit I was disappointed that Spa Day was the pack getting an upgrade, but after what I've read in this thread, I am looking forward to these changes. I love the notion of a High Maintenance Trait, (I just hope they do it right). And just who puts a facial mask on a Toddler? — don't answer that. I once knew a gal who took her infant to a chiropractor. :O Their little bones are still growing. (Don't crunch the baby, don't crunch the baby! LOL

From the screenshot I saw it looks more like a play type of thing, like face painting -- I saw one that looked like maybe a tiger face, which could be quite cute.

I'm now thinking of a High Maintenance Self-Absorbed Snob for my next foray into the Acting Career. B)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »
    I don’t really know of children and toddlers getting manicures/doing yoga etc.. so it’s a weird one for me, there’s plenty of other packs that would have better suited such an update..

I just hope this doesn’t render spa day a botched pack as it was one of the only ones that worked without problems.. 🙄

Yoga for Children
    The benefits for children are similar to those for adults. Emotional benefits include greater optimism and a less reactive nature. Mental benefits including increased focus, concentration and improvements in the quality of sleep have been reported.

Academic performance improves, along with confidence in physical abilities. Yoga is used for the treatment of children with special needs, and to aid conventional medical treatment.

Research suggests that yoga practice can protect boys from increases in negative behavior.

Physical benefits include increased flexibility, improved coordination and balance, and increased core and body strength. Mental benefits include stronger mind-body connection, increased self-esteem, better focus and concentration, and increased ability to relax and cope with stressful situations. Social and emotional benefits include more awareness of self and others, and increased skill in problem solving and conflict resolution.

Maybe if we get a Parenthood pack refresh, yoga/meditation can help kids get through phases quicker.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    New aspiration and career! ❤️
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Cool !! I wonder if custom nails will be available in cas of if it works like the Makeup station from Get Famous ?

This "refresh" idea has potential.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,906 Member
    Manicures.. mmh, my sims will love those :p
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    I'm honestly shocked - in a good way!! I was very skeptical about this whole refresh thing so i'm surprised to see how substantial the changes are. I'm not even a huge fan of Spa Day but i'm really looking forward to this. although there are other packs that desperately need some work, this is a good place to start.

overall, this "refresh" concept is definitely a step in the right direction for TS4. i hope we get to see some change for the packs that need it most next. keep up the good work!
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    💕💅🏼 OMG CAN’T WAIT TO GET ME NAILS DONE! 💅🏼💕

On a serious note, this is very cool.

In all fairness, it looks like a pretty decent pack overhaul and I think family players will be extremely happy to find that kids can join in on the spa activities. I'm very glad to see this kind of work being done on older packs and I'm looking forward to getting many more pack refreshes in the future, please!

I don't want all townies to have pretty nails though. In case that happens, it needs to be nerfed. 😝

Also I'm wondering...can I get my High Maintenance sim to become a Yoga Drill Instructor too? That'd be great. I used to have a mod for this, but I would be so much happier if I can do it Vanilla style!

Good stuff good stuff. 👍🏼

EDIT: I see a yoga matt with moon phases….does this mean…..🌕🐺

Totally agree about not all Sims getting pretty nails. Bob Pancakes for example, that would be kind of disturbing.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    edited September 2021
    Duvelina wrote: »
    What's coming, summed up, based on pictures and the info given:

- High Maintenance Trait
    - Inner Peace aspiration
    - Face masks
    - Getting nails done
    - A new spa career with two branches
    - Kids participating in wellness activities
    - New clothes? The toddler is wearing a track suit
    - New massage table + chair
    - New meditation stool
    - New yoga mats
    - New clutter (manicure set)
    - New mini fridge
    - Cucumber snack

Feel free to add anything to the list!

Got to say, if we're really getting this in a free refresh, then I'm impressed. Nails and facemask are nice. Hope the job is interactive.
    Makes me hopeful for what might come in a larger pack.

I thought Vampires needed more coffin choices and more house lots. The small hood is rediculously small.

Would've been nice to get that hammock I've been wanting since the Sims3.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    ddd994 wrote: »

For the people wondering about this, I think it's a "young cool mom" kinda thing I see it all over instagram. Kids doing yoga and beauty routines with their mom.
    and my sister takes her little daughter to mani and pedicures. And I'm like😑
    My mom is traditional and wouldn't dream of it in a million years🤣🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • EnchantingdustEnchantingdust Posts: 157 Member
    That reminds me actually, now that children can take part in wellness activities, does this mean pregnant sims can now do yoga?

I remember trying this out a few years back, and there was no option, but I haven't tried it since so I'm not sure if any changes have already been made.

They still can't do much for now!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited September 2021
    Duvelina wrote: »
    More pictures:
    E-SCjGvWUAAJU8Z?format=jpg&name=large
    E-SCjGrXoAoXpLV?format=jpg&name=large
    E-SCjG1XEAUumlK?format=jpg&name=large
    E-SCjG0XoA4ACfe?format=jpg&name=large

From the looks of that there's also a new tracksuit for all ages, new yoga mat swatches, a cushion to meditate on instead of the stool and a new massage table and chair
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Love it! Not sold on children being at the spa. But I am very happy with the update. It makes me very hopeful for what might happen with an Outdoor Retreat refresh.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    Monet11 wrote: »
    Love it! Not sold on children being at the spa. But I am very happy with the update. It makes me very hopeful for what might happen with an Outdoor Retreat refresh.

I hope there will be a fine balance between adult sims and toddlers or even children at the spa. I wouldn't want it to look like a nursery or afterschool.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited September 2021
    This is the part I am excited for, it is bout time, I have been wanting these since Day 1!!!!!!!

We’re supporting nails now! New nail colors, designs, and shapes let Sims show off their style and individuality.

I am hoping they have the Long & regular version's, :)

• SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited September 2021
    I've always loved spa day, and I've always wanted one of my sims to be a Yoga Instructor. I hope hope hope they'll be given a portable instructor mat and can take it to places like the park to set up yoga classes. And new traits and aspirations are always welcome with open arms!

This makes me very happy and seems to confirm there has definitely been a mind-set change in the office - that even though tots and kids may not be the most played with age group, we still want the little ones to have fun with plenty to do. :) This makes me hopeful that other packs might get a kiddy refresh too - all the kids with parents who are spellcasters, vampires, mermaids, aliens - maybe they'll get some attention down the road. And how 'bout them bikes?

Investing back in the game - especially all the DLC is a good thing - keep it comin'! <3
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Loving what I am seeing so far. The kiddos taking part in yoga is something I'd never thought about adding to Spa Day, but I know it's an activity I'd enjoy with my Sims kids. The only new addition in the refresh that has me cringing a little is the new nails and if our townies will be wearing all manner of wacky looking colors and lengths. We've been dealing with the awful situation outfits for years, so I'm worried the new nails might become their newest obsession. All my worries aside, I can't wait to see the Live Stream tomorrow!
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member

I had to take my six month old son to a chiropractor after he fell headfirst off some stairs, and I was very nervous about the whole thing so I understand your concerns. After four appointments the chiropractor was able to gently coax three vertebra back into alignment. Poor baby didn't have a concussion but his neck was messed up after that accident. Today he is six foot three and works out religiously without any neck problems. Sometimes we overlook the fact kids can do serious damage to their spinal alignment that if left untreated, will cause lingering effects. But I hope the lady with the infant had a very good reason for taking that baby in to be checked, and it wasn't just some kind of ego/helicopter mom thing. <3
  • SablesashaSablesasha Posts: 417 Member
    g01denswan wrote: »
    It appears that refreshing the packs are not free. They have increased the prices for Canadians again. Don’t know if they have also increased the prices for Americans and others.

Kits: 7.00
    SPs: 15.00 (was 13.00, originally 10.00)
    GPs: 30.00 (was 26.00, originally 20.00)
    EPs: 55.00 (was 52.00, originally 40.00)

So players who complained about empty packs will now get more, but will also end up paying more for new packs.

So if you already own the pack, you have to pay to get it refreshed? :confused:
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,853 Member
    Sablesasha wrote: »
    So if you already own the pack, you have to pay to get it refreshed? :confused:

No. The refresh is free if you already own the pack. The poster is referring to new purchases in Canada.