Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The People of Simbria

Comments

• SprottenhamSprottenham Posts: 1,143 Member
    edited July 2021
    Chapter 12.1 – 2022 Introduction and January in Sunset Valley (part I)
    The year of 2021 has now passed, and I think I'm going to try something different for the year of 2022 to see how it works.. Instead of doing just one town for a full year, I will try to do one month, but switch between the towns in the following order, from south to north.
    1) Sunset Valley
    2) Lake Onebega (University)
    3) Bewickton (Twinbrook)
    4) Sprottenham
    I'm still in the experimental phase on how to play my game, now that I have made everything more complex with playing rotationally between towns.. why am I doing this myself....? Playing God is a tough job... :P

So where did we drop off in Sunset Valley last year? Well, Oliver Freddy and Inge just came home for the holidays from university and everyone celebrated christmas over at Inges familys house which went alright, even though Ranveigs mood for the evening wasn't the best, and for some reason, Robert Bråge received no gift..

Town: Sunset Valley.

It was early january, and this was the day that Oliver Freddy (age: 19) and Inge (age: 19) would go back to university..

Jg5zRZE.jpg

Oliver Freddy was the first to wake up after having spent the night in the spare bed, because Robert Bråge (age: 11) was sleeping in his... He goes far a bath, while waiting for Ranveig (age: 43) and Robert Bråge to wake up.

6HBH5Uf.jpg

After he woke up, he stood for a while and stared at his own bed, where Ranveig was sleeping.. No one slept in their own bed that night..

pGvLg7E.jpg
    Ranveig woke up last to do what she likes best.. sit and watch the romance channel.. (the picture on the table is from their visit to Sprottenham for a little over a year ago..)

3mjbRl8.jpg
    The boys were a little more sensible, making breakfast for themselves.. and whoa, where did that dishwasher come from? I didn't know they had one...

"I was sick and tired of doing dishes and I had some money to spare, so I bought it when Oliver Freddy was at university" Ranveig tells me. "Oh, ok.. I see."
    And outside the thunder rolled on this beatiful subtropical winters morning..

E4wNFz8.jpg
    "I'm going back to university today, it's going to be so good for my career as a scientist" Oliver Freddy tells them.

1zVjjzL.jpg
    Oliver Freddy was actually smart enough to cook breakfast for everyone, but Ranveig chose to eat hers outside... well, so did Oliver Freddy, but he's not sitting at the same table as his mom. Seriously.. have you been fighting or something?

2QRNRvT.jpg
    Well, anyway. .it was time to go back to university, so Oliver Freddy called up Inge to come over before they left...

0jHn1se.jpg
    Then it dawned on Ranveig that her beloved son was about to leave her again..
    Inge was in her car, about to drive over..

eqlRACx.jpg
    "That's my clever son.. I'm sure he is going to make a brilliant scientist..."
    Ranveig was proud of her son, pursiung his dream to be a scientist. Oliver Freddy was happy to go back to university with his love again.

p1pVQ0b.jpg
    And there she is, Inge Reppe, young aspiring writer and painter!

OAetghn.jpg
    Ranveig wasn't to happy to see her though. I guess she still remembers the graffiti she made at the Blitzkrieg house.. Inge is a sweet, artistic girl, she's not the rebellious type, so she probably just did it for the Arts, man... (:P) well, as far as I know.. she actually a little bit smug here, though.. like she is gloating over taking Oliver Freddy away from Ranveig... so maybe she isn't that sweet afterall, hmm?

plnLFrd.jpg
    Inge: Oh, oh, I forgot to use the bathroom before I went.. can I borrow yours?

Ranveig: No.

Well, that was nice of you... anyway, off they go..

D8IkHua.jpg
    EA2gMQr.jpg
    When they left for their first semester, Ranveig looked kind of sad, now she just looks... mad... It almost looks like Ranveig doesn't like Inge very much... She stands there watching them as they go, and doesn't smile, not even once...
    Once they are in the van, she turns around to go back into the house...

UOpmjU6.jpg
    "I am proud of my son, and I wish him all the best, but.. I.. I don't like him leaving..."

Come on, Ranveig.. he will be back..

4rdfqTG.jpg
    Time to go again.. if only the maid could get his/her car out of the way... ;) Bye bye suptropics.. hello winter mountains... it's a little colder there, maybe you should get dressed or go inside.. ;)

sqbRG45.jpg

But now, I will leave them there.. and go back to Sunset Valley! And switch to another family.. the Kråke-Karlsen family! Just gotta observe Ranveig for a bit first, to see how she deals with Oliver Freddy being gone..
    VuBD152.jpg
    She goes out to sit on this chair, staring blankly out into the air.. hiding all her thoughts from me..

CDuyOvd.jpg
    Then she goes online to check the news from the University Town... "I have to know what goes on there, what Oliver Freddy could be up too..."
    Alright. I'll try to remember to pop by Ranveig later, but now I want to check out the Kråke-Karlsen family...

VfQjApL.jpg
    This is the home of the Kråke-Karlsen family, by the beach front. The Kråke-Karlsen family is...

jUjwjtf.jpg
    The mother, Kathrine Kråke-Karlsen (age: 43)
    The father, Jonathan Kråke-Karlsen (age: 43)
    The daughter, Ingrid Kråke-Karlsen (age: 19).
    The son, Morten Kråke-Karlsen (age: 11)
    The Kråke-Karlsen is part of the larger Karlsen family and Kråkesen family. Here are their family photos. One version without and one with name tags. Names with grey name tags are married into the family.

QoAy3Ct.jpg
    Karlsen family without name tags.

MMGaeNB.png
    Karlsen family with name tags.

scBb8w1.jpg
    Kråkesen family without name tags.

wJ9xYix.png
    Kråkesen family with name tags.
    2nd generation and their spouses on back row. 1st generation (grandparents) and 3rd generation (grandchildren) on first row.

yJP2qFA.jpg
    The others just went home from somewhere. Morten hangs out at the park.
    Kathrine and Jonathan have already fulfilled their lifetime wishes. Kathrine works as a World-Renowned Surgeon, and Jonathan is a Mad Scientist.... (but he's not really all that mad..)
    Ingrid wants to be a Leader of the Free World, but has a long way to go yet.. currently she is only polishing the podiums...

C0NDRx7.jpg
    I will probably follow Ingrid for this household, to push her a bit to fulfill her goal.. but I will allow her some leisure too, playing ball with her dad... she currently has no wishes related to her life time goal anyway, so I will just watch her until she gets some..
    Morten doesn't have a life time wish yet.

vLpW69P.jpg
    Ingrid and Jonathan are quite sporty, playing until long after dark.

The game notifies me that Inges mother, Iselin (age: 38) has taken her daughter Kristina (age: 12) out to go fishing. Iselins is a sports fisher type, and her life time wish is to have the perfect aquarium.
    03Zd4fW.jpg
    F0H8Vud.jpg

Now, one thing that strikes me about the Kråke-Karlsen family, is that Ingrid is now a young adult, so it should be time for her to move out on her own. She never had a wish to go to university, but still.

0r3M2q2.jpg

So I take a look around town for available homes suitable for young adults, and find that all homes in town are taken, apart from some at the trailer park at Vaddelmyra.. now it's understandable she doesn't want to live there. Her family is pretty wealthy, they can afford better.

aRsIF0r.jpg

So I check with the town council if there are any plans for building new housing specifically for young adults, and sure enough, they can inform me that building is just about to start, but that it is likely not to be finished before summer. So she is going to have to live at home for a while still if she wants to move out. Oh well....

a6zRvta.jpg
    Ingrid going to sleep in her old room.. lets hope they get the new housing finished before summer!

Shocker! The game just told me that Iselin Reppe, Inges mother, is expecting a child! No wonder.. must have been the scented candle that Jarle got for his christmas present!

9zxcKw3.jpg
    I locate their home and check Iselins status, and she is indeed pregnant! You're not getting the juice bar back any time soon now.. definately not!
    Post edited by Sprottenham on
    th1das9.png
    Sub blogs: #01 Sunset Valley. #02: Lake Onebega #03: Sprottenham #04: Bewickton
  • AlexaKryAlexaKry Posts: 2,706 Member
    @Sprottenham : I wish you lots of luck with rotating between your cities in a monthly period and with having the birthdays in the correct order....
    ;):pB)
    I think Ranveig isn´t mad at Inge for steeling her beloved son, she just pulls this unfriendly face because if she had shown what she felt inside she would have cries instead, because she has to see her son go away... or so... :D

Nice to be rich, right? Inge will move out into a brand new house, bigger and better than the starters at the trailer park. It would have been a new experience for her to try to live there for a while. :)
    Good for her political career. Although... depends on which state of mind she has, conservative or progressive... :D

Congrats on Iselin being pregnant again! Just let her stay away from the bar, drinking is not good for the unborn! :p
    @AlexaKry Thanks for wishing me luck. I have turned aging on, and the birthdays should be about correct that way (I have set the year to be 13 days long, and adjusted the life span accordingly.) Except for in Sunset Valley, where I will first have to manually insert the age every sim is at, before turning aging on.. And I still have to keep track of their birthdays in a spreadsheet if I want to take part in their festivities. ;)
    AlexaKry wrote: »
    I think Ranveig isn´t mad at Inge for steeling her beloved son, she just pulls this unfriendly face because if she had shown what she felt inside she would have cries instead, because she has to see her son go away... or so... :D

That's an interesting perspective, and could be true! It makes sense. Amazing how these sims work..
    Nice to be rich, right? Inge will move out into a brand new house, bigger and better than the starters at the trailer park. It would have been a new experience for her to try to live there for a while. :)
    You are right, maybe she could learn something. She was born right into a wealthy family, so she probably has no concept of poverty.. but no way would she do that. She has the snob trait, like her aunt (Helene) and grandfather (Egil), so...
    Good for her political career. Although... depends on which state of mind she has, conservative or progressive... :D
    Hmm, I don't know. I actually thought about that the other day. What can be a sims political preference? I don't have much to go by here, but my gut feeling tells me she is a little bit on the progressive side. Her grandfather, Egil, is far into the conservative. He is the founder of the TelComNor company which brought a lot of wealth into the family.

Her mother, Kathrine, is also conservative, but not as far as Egil (her father). Jonathan is more or less right in the middle.

Congrats on Iselin being pregnant again! Just let her stay away from the bar, drinking is not good for the unborn! :p

Oh, no worries. There will be no more drinking in that household.. If only she could have shown some restraint, she could have kept the bar, but no...

th1das9.png
    Chapter 12.2 - January 2022 in Sunset Valley - Part II

zNg5mod.jpg
    Everyone in the Kråke-Karlsen family (except Kathrine) wanted to buy a flower pot, so Jonathan made sure to go out and get one. Jonathan is the one in the family most interested in gardening, probably something he got from his mom, Lucie Karlsen.

9OtdgaE.jpg
    Christmas holidays are over, and Ingrid has to get ready for her job at the town hall. Not at all questioning that her father has gone into her room to read a book...

Ingrid is like her grandfather Egil, and her aunt Helene.. a snob that constantly has to check their appearance in the mirror...
    NCYlxSv.jpg
    "Is that a zit on my chin? I better get rid of it, I can't go to work looking like that!"

J8tzeDU.jpg
    And brag to her mom, Kathrine, about her arcade gaming skills..
    Before its off to work and school for all of them.

OZggCwS.jpg
    Kathrine works at the hospital at level 8 of the medical career. Oops, she has been demoted in the meantime. She has fullfilled her lifetime wish of reaching level 10, so I was expecting her to be there.. Not good for an ambitious person like her...

R0fR2Zh.jpg
    Jonathan however, is at the top of the science career as a mad scientist,so of course, he exits via the kitchen entrance.... haha, is that hair really necessary? Please take that wig off.. we all know you have short hair. ;) I'm going to change that silly work outfit of his, because I want him to look like Jonathan, not some stupid stereotypical cartoon character...

While they are at work and school, I hang out in the park to observe the life of the town..
    It's pretty quiet, just some random criminal trying ice skating..
    bcwqULG.jpg
    Some more people show up to go ice skating. These are Cyclone Sword (I'm just gonna write his name without the silly numbers..), Stiles McGraw and Iliana Langerak.

WnT9IPt.jpg
    Jonathan leaves work and drops by the toy store on the way home to buy kids toys.. such as a teddy bear and a costume chest... Hmm...

2GNFfAP.jpg
    Kathrine is home from work, and thinks buying the toy chest was a very good idea.

me4amZl.jpg
    Ingrid is also home, and decides to read a book (she is a bookworm, like her grandfather Asgeir). And then I get a notification from the town council that there is an available home in the New Town Area. It's one of the standard homes built in the 1970s to house young adults moving out of home for the first time.

Wu6wtjJ.jpg
    I inspect it, and see that it is the old home of Monica Motorsen (Ranveigs sister). I think it has seen better days.. I ask Ingrid if she wants to move there. Ingrid says no, she does not. She wants to wait for a better opportunity... It's not the best area, and a fine young woman like her deserves better, she tells me... Ah, these snobs, will never settle for anything but the very best.. but I kind of get that, the homes up there are a little old and worn out...

y7LMhfn.jpg
    She is probably waiting for this one being built right next to the Reppe familys house. I see they got a wall up already, but it is far from finished yet...
    And since I'm already in the neighbourhood, I take a peak inside their house to see how they are doing.

T1XNvPK.jpg
    They're doing just fine. ;)

WxulArp.jpg
    Morten is finally going home from his boy scouts after school activity, where he just increased his skill in fishing.

9Uxrby3.jpg
    Our friend Mohamed Khaled from earlier (if you remember him) has also decided the old homes in the New Town Area was no longer something for him, and has bought a new house by the beach front. It is probably Mohameds' old home in the New Town Area that just became vacant earlier (He lived there after Monica, and after it had been vacant for a long time, too.)

LYC05qD.jpg
    Mohameds new home by the beach, with the Wan household to the right, and Monica Motorsens current home to the left.

fEg5H5S.jpg
    The game gives me a notification that Robert Bråge just increased his skills in fishing. I find him with his mom, Ranveig, at the Blitzkrieg house (the rebel hangout). I don't know what they are doing there, maybe Ranveig (the journalist) is looking for a story. I see the police is also present... makes sense. Got to keep these young punks and anarchists under surveillance, in case they want to start some trouble... ;)

LjOgk55.jpg
    The game again notifies me that Helene, Kathrines sister, is found at V.I.P. Club Exclusif, an exclusive night club as the name implies, where she just spoke to Ylajali about garden gnomes being alive, before moving on to brag about her gaming skills.. don't talk to that crazy woman about garden gnomes. ;) She has an obsession with them, for a reason I don't understand...
    Back to the Kråke-Karlsen household..

b3IwfoL.jpg
    "I am happy that my brother has fun playing king, but does he have to do it in my room when I want to sleep?"

Ru0y9bG.jpg
    Then Kathrine reads Morten a bed time story, before all of them go to sleep..

And that marks the end of "What happened in Janurary?" for Sunset Valley. But I will not jump to february just yet. I must check up on Oliver Freddy and Inge at university, and do a round of the other two towns, Bewickton and Sprottenham...
    th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham : do the plants really have to be watered by the sprinkler? Isn´t that just a waste of water?

"One pot to serve them all..." sorry, I had to! ;)

Your family fathers have a strange attitude of stalking their YA girls in your game, good for you that it´s the Sims universe and not real life, otherwise I would have very bad thoughts about those men.... :o

Ugh, I hate that lvl 10 career outfit for the medicine branch! Why should genetic engineers look like maniacs? Who made such a ridiculous outfit???

Why did dad buy the toys, is mummy pregnant, like Inselin Reppe? Or does he have the childish trait? Or does their watcher/god (you) know something they don´t know? :p

I have to say that Ingrid is a very big snob! What on earth was wrong with the old house? She could have just renovated it and it would have been a very beautiful house! If I were young again and I got such an offer I would have been happy like hell! I´ve never had a house on my own!!!

Seems as if Ingrid´s bedroom is THE place to be in da house! :D
    edited July 2021
    @AlexaKry Probably not, but I find it easier that way.. then I won't have to tell the sim to go water them in case he forgets.. and I case I forget, there won't be any brown and dead plants. :grimace:

Haha, well this isn't Lord of the Pots.... ;)

"Your family fathers have a strange attitude of stalking their YA girls in your game" <-- You are right, but I don't know why. I think Jonathan is just innocently being a sim... "Oh here's a chair" he thinks "I can read here". I wish I could assign rooms to prevent things like that, such as "This is Ingrids room" and then no one else would choose to hang out in there, but without actually locking the door.

Inges father is a little more creepy.. he actually went into the bathroom when she was having a bath....

"Why did dad buy the toys, is mummy pregnant, like Inselin Reppe? Or does he have the childish trait? Or does their watcher/god (you) know something they don´t know? " <-- As far as I know, she is not pregnant (I actually didn't check). Maybe they have discussed having a third child behind my back. :P None of them have the childish trait.

Yeah, Ingrid is quite the princess there.. The house would be just fine with some renovation, and if anyone could afford it, it would be them.... but her parents doesn't excactly seem to be in a rush to push her out of the nest either... If Ingrid had seen my first home away from home, an old and worn out student dorm, she would be appalled! ;)
    th1das9.png
    Chapter 12.3 - Lake Onebega - University

7dC3sws.png

Now, when Lizzie Mund, one of Inges friends she met the first semester, talked to her about the history of the university town, there was one thing she failed to mention.. yes, the universty is one of the oldest in the nation and there is a lot of history there, but.. This area traditionally belonged, or belongs, to the Onebega Tribe of native Simbrians.. hence the name.. and this is a really dark part of the history of the nation which I won't go into detail about right now, but..the universitys buildings weren't the first "educational" buildings in this area....

juzN0qN.jpg
    Picture: The Onebega Centre of Culture and History with the lake in the background.
    The name Onebega is inspired by the name of Lake Onega, a lake in modern day Russia, which lies in the area where the Sámi language is said to have originated. The Sámi population is the native population in northern Lapland (parts of Norway, Sweden, Finland, Russia).

RfNLKSQ.jpg
    Sims that study history at the university, will definately learn more about this. None of "our sims" do, though. And this is where we left them off last time.. They are back outside the De Anda house, coming straight from Sunset Valley. They better change to some warm clothing, or go inside...

Q5QMLr7.jpg
    I hope this semester will be a more social one, especially for Inge. So far, I see no one else living at their dorm. And Inge does what I would expect her to do, go inside and watch the cooking channel on tv. Oliver Freddy just made some kind of trap on the computer.

Wt5jIuk.jpg
    Inge left her street art kit that she bought at the Blitzkrieg house back in Sunset Valley, so she heads out to the Night Owl Convenience Store to see if she can get a new one. As she does so, I see some other students also coming back from their christmas holiday. I don't recognize them immediately.. looks like they got some new dorm mates!

xDZkvrl.jpg
    Well, I recognize two of them, Liz Tarry and Jonathan Dirk. The rest of them are strangers to me.

fdD04kP.jpg
    Luckily for Inge (maybe..) they did have some street art kits at the store.. and now she wants to practice street art of course..

McEJiwN.jpg
    Just have to make a snow angel first.. "This is so much fun!" she says, still impressed by the snow.

shRrsfn.jpg
    Oliver Freddy is getting to know new dorm mate Cody Eisenberg, and finds that they share a personality trait.

j83toke.jpg
    Inge sits down to study already, outside the convenience store. "I got a B last semester, this time I want an A! Besides..street art is probably best practiced after dark..." she thinks.

uGoLUbM.jpg
    Debbie Richards sits down next to Inge and starts talking about kids songs.
    "Yes, kids songs are so much fun", Inge replies before turning another page in her book. This also fulfills her wish to meet a rebel, as Debbie is a level 10 rebel. Inge now wants to make friends with Debbie.

DplIn3Y.jpg
    "I am an art student" says Inge. "What do you study?"

8cQiou7.jpg
    "I am also an art student!" Debbie replies. "We should read together!"
    They talk a little more about kids toys, studying and working out, before Debbie finds out she has to go. "It was nice to meet you, Inge!" she says, before leaving. "I have to go the orientation meeting at the student union. Are you coming?"

vf8Dveg.jpg
    Inge: Oh, yes.. orientation meeting.. I just got to finish this page first...

efK5l3L.jpg
    "Orientation meeting.. well, I went there last semester, but it doesn't hurt to go again.. Meet some new people, maybe pick up some new stuff.."
    Oliver Freddy is also going, and follows right behind.

Xmm1dMD.jpg
    They go to each their table again to pick up some free stuff, before Inge goes to practice pool by herself. Oliver Freddy place table tennis with Patty Hong.

shQKOSI.jpg
    "Ok, this was interesting enough, but I want to go back home.." Inge thinks.

L3hmYE4.jpg
    While Inge goes home, Oliver Freddy continues to socialize. Here he is playing foosball with Nina Simons.

EQQg114.jpg
    Oh, but then Inge gets a phone call.. its her first party invation. Some guy named Mahmoud Yavari has invited her to a party. I want Inge to be more social instead of being a couch potato sitting at home all the time, so I have her go to the party.
    Well, I try to have her enter the party, but for some reason it always cancels..

GpQ0sAX.jpg
    "I don't want to party, I want to take a course in the handiness skill instead! You can't force me!"
    Dangit! Seriously? Alright then, miss anti-social!
    I look around, but find nowhere in town that offers handiness classes.. are you sure you don't want to go to the party?
    "I'm absolutely positive! I'll go to the library and read a book about handiness instead!"
    Booring....

oIMUmaJ.jpg
    Oliver Freddy is watching a presentation by another art student about the History and Concept of Cartoons, Caricatures and its Societal Implications for Long Term Window Shopping.

AvmOQTE.jpg
    "The library is a much better place for me then any party could ever be!"

BuadapF.jpg
    Alright...well, as you please.. as long you are happy I suppose that is the most important thing.. can't push everyone through the same mould!

8iImi1W.jpg
    Oliver Freddy is a completely different character.. "These arcade machines are so cool!" he says.

I have Inge put the book down, once she has gone up a level in handiness. Alright, so what do you want to do now?
    Ay4MSV8.jpg
    "I want to read another book!"
    Lame! I'll have you call Debbie, since you also want to make friends with her.

6fL0IG9.jpg
    Art students talk about art and the complexities of choosing the right colour palette.

1cHtiWe.jpg
    "I'm hungry, now I want to go home.."
    Yes, you can do that.. You didn't go to the party like I wanted you to, but atleast you have been a little social, so its alright...

AozS12g.jpg
    Oliver Freddy is also heading home. He's been having fun and is a little juiced I see...
    They go to bed for the night, and wake up perfectly synchronized the next morning.

l7djzUZ.jpg
    Good morning, sunshines! ;)

8CWxoXL.jpg
    January morning....
    Inge goes to play computer games, and Oliver Freddy makes another trap...

ubLNWj3.jpg
    I had Inge call Debbie again, I really want her to make some friends, but Debbie didn't have time to talk until in the evening. A very busy person, that Debbie... so Inge goes back to play computer games again...

kScgxRd.jpg
    Liz Tarry: Haha, was it you that made the trap on the computer yesterday? That was hilarious!

lI9yLs4.jpg
    Oliver Freddy: I did it for science! It was a very serious experiment!

t9Rlb3r.jpg
    Liz Tarry: Oh, science, yes! I have always wanted to pick apart machines to see how they work!

7S9vETw.jpg
    Oliver Freddy: Hmm, I wonder what I can find in here... for science!

He roots through the trash...

JXddnPr.jpg
    Oliver Freddy: Heey, not bad.. I found some red butterfly and a nice green carpet! It will be perfect for our bedroom!

jC0OvZZ.jpg
    Oliver Freddy: I was hoping to find a book about logic, though.. guess I will have to go to the bookstore instead!

Yeah, but first you're gonna need a shower.. I can smell you from all the way over here...

Ei3uAgW.jpg
    Inge compliments Daniel Vaugn for his cooking.

TCCMp5e.jpg
    Oliver Freddy goes to his first lecture in "Philosophical Perspectives in Electrodynamics".

5xFejn2.jpg
    With Oliver Freddy on his first lecture, I don't want Inge to just sit around the house, so I persuade her to go hang out at the Student Unions building...

rAgK85n.jpg
    And she goes into a room to play computer games as expected, but hey, hold on a minute! Who is that guy!? Isn't it.. Eddy!? Oh, it is! Poor Eddy.. what are you doing here!?

"I am here to study Art, because Art is the most important thing in Life.."

I see.. well, you and Inge have something in common, then..

"Don't distract me with Girls..."

I wasn't trying to, I was just saying that... oh, nevermind...

UR5Pkn4.jpg
    Then some guy starts to hold a presentation about a whole lot of nothing and both Inge and Eddy decide to watch it.

u3Rnwzf.jpg
    And after that its time for Inges first lecture "A taste of stick figures" so she runs off.

IdJam4S.jpg
    Oliver Freddy finds Liz Tarry reading a book by a chess table. None of them say anything to each other, though...

7c5fhSB.jpg
    Inge talks to fellow art student Brian Petersen about building a snowman, before Debbie Richards comes and starts talking to him. Inge is getting tired, but sticks around for a while, listening to their conversation, before she decides to go home.
    H6EOfSx.jpg

Oliver Freddy is trying out the different benches around campus...
    5nJfdv0.jpg

Af6U8kz.jpg
    Well, she didn't quite go home.. she changed her mind, and went back to continue talking about snowmen with Brian Petersen...

40vf1lY.jpg
    It turns into a group conversation, before some random naked guy runs by them.. Streaking in the snow, even! He's got some big.. uh... you know. ;)

1pR6k7j.jpg
    Brian continues to talk to Samantha, Inge and Debbie go for making each their snowman.

QLPinEl.jpg
    Oliver Freddy talks insanely about jogging to someone called Marlene Huse. Then he discovers that they have incompatible traits. He is brave, and she is a loser.

LZWI97C.jpg
    After which he realizes he is cold, and decides to go home to warm up..

GHnCMHM.jpg
    Inge just finished a tragic clown snowman before going back home as well.
    Oliver Freddy went to sleep in their bed, but Inge was so tired, she didn't quite make it and passed out in the hallway...

j9ifgiJ.jpg
    The door to their bedroom is just to the right of the stereo, so she could have made it if she had just walked a little bit longer.... Anyway, for the next update it is time to return to Bewickton, to see how the Chitrakaar family is doing.. so uh, good night..
    th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham : Wow, Inge seems 100% more social than last semester! Not very social, but she speaks to some people now!

What you´ve hint at the indigenous people giving the university town it´s name reminds me of the awful discoveries which were made in Canada in the last weeks...
    I hope here the history isn´t as bad!

When I see Inge and Oliver Freddy in their normal clothes in the snow: I am getting a cold already! Kids!

Can I see that there is an elderly woman amongst the other housemates? Does she study as well?

Great to see Inge talking to Debbie, I soo hope for her that she`ll make new friends, last semester she was so lonely! (Why don´t she and Oliver Freddy do more things together with others? He can make friends so easily, why doesn´t she benefit from that?

So Inge cancelled the party or was the party cancelled? Going to the library instead.... well, I could think of more fun things to do, but Inge seems to love the library, so who am I?? (I would have stayed with Olover Freddie and would have played some computer games or pool billard or such...
    :D

he he he,
    kScgxRd.jpg
    not easy to behave political correct here, right Oliver Freddie??? B)
    JXddnPr.jpg
    I just love his facial expression here! But can he just wear something warmer please??? :o

I really think that this semester Inge will be successful in making friends and in getting good grades!
    And I don´t have to worry about Oliver Freddie, he will be fine if he will dress in something warmer!

What you´ve hint at the indigenous people giving the university town it´s name reminds me of the awful discoveries which were made in Canada in the last weeks...
    I hope here the history isn´t as bad!

Yes, I heard that in the news as well, and that was also partly what brought me on to this idea.. as well as how I always pictured University to be by a lake that had a name that began with 'O'..

But the history here wasn't that bad, though mistreatment occured. It was mostly a process to rid them of their own language and culture, because they "were regarded as primitive and uncivilized"... (See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norwegianization).

Nowadays, the situation is different and their culture is respected and honored by most.

The elderly woman was actually Liz Tarry, but I aged her down, because it didn't make sense that she had become that much older over christmas..

Yep, I hope that Inge can make some lasting friends. So she can have something to think back on when she is old and remembers her time at university. ;)

I don't know what happened with the party. She just didn't go. There seems to be something strange about parties in the university world...
    not easy to behave political correct here, right Oliver Freddie??? B)

Haha, right. ;) Sim people aren't very good at modesty. :P
    th1das9.png
    edited July 2021
    This might be the last update in this thread for some weeks because of summer vacation, unless I can squeeze in one more before I go.

Chapter 12.4 – Bewickton January 2022

BuzoqlE.jpg
    Picture: Chitrakaar-Skurckh family house.
    Winters in Bewickton are typically a lot milder and less snowy than winters in Sprottenham, in spite of them being almost on the same latitude (Bewickton is just a little bit to the south). I attribute this to the prevailing westerly winds on the countrys west coast, which do bring in a lot of wet and mild weather, even in winter.. Also, Bewickton is located on an island, so it really does have an extreme coastal climate.. It is actually possible they won't see any snow at all, or atleast very little of it..

zfTQuwv.jpg
    Ole Christian is the first to wake up on this January morning to play with his toy doll...

OrcEoA7.jpg
    Before waking up both parents because he is hungry..

gFq4Uas.jpg
    Holidays are over, and Nishit has to get ready for school.. Ole Christian is making noise the way toddlers typically do...
    "I want to have a snowball fight" Nishit tells me. Yeah, lets hope there will be some snow, so you can have one!

v64uTNY.jpg
    Oh come on, Udisha.. I know you like drawing, but aren't you gonna feed your baby?

"Yes.. but you know.. when I feel inspired, I just gotta get it down on paper before I lose the idea!"

Alright... the life of a creative soul...
    ZXbem99.jpg

And speaking of creative souls, I have to stop by her parents house, to check up on the elders..
    CmobAtG.jpg
    Udishas parents, Deepak and Laranya, live a little further up the hill.. I can't believe this is january with how green it looks! I sneak into their house, because I am God and I do what I want.. but its all dark and nobody is home..

S199yab.jpg
    They have decided to hang out outside the swimming pool with their youngest daughter Nitya that still lives at home.
    Which brings me to Bhavan the fireman.. (because he also lives with his parents.. *edit: I got this part wrong, totally forgot he moved out last year....)

WSohBpg.jpg
    He is as expected at the fire station. "I just did some maintenance on this fire alarm" he says.

zDkrnv6.jpg
    What is troublesome for poor Bhavan is that he is a bit of a loner, but at the same time there's just something about him that makes him irresistible.. so people always flock around him and want to talk to him.. when he just wants to be alone and do his job as the brave fireman he is..

0506ggx.jpg
    Vemund Rokne, one of Bhavans colleagues, can be a little grumpy over Bhavan always getting the spotlight, and sometimes he will start a quarrel over it.. Bhavan quickly puts him in his place, though.

apLSW6F.jpg
    Sofia Karlsen is one of the rich people of Bewickton (not to be confused with Sofie Motor-Karlsen that lives in Sunset Valley...), and perhaps also a snob. She bores everyone with her bragging.. She is also the romantic interest of Palash, the odd one out of the Chitrakaar siblings...

cCRX6Bz.jpg
    Gunder talks to Bhavan about the one time he biked across the Sim Frisco bridge in the heavy fog that typically plagues the area. "It was like thick soup" he says "I could barely see the handlebar in front of me!"

zbjUQ41.jpg
    Vemund Rokne has to one up him of course.. "One time I went to Cyme Ixotic the fog was so dense I couldn't even see myself! It was like someone had turned on this gigantic smoke machine!"

Z4tzqHT.jpg
    Udisha teaches Ole Christian to talk out on the front porch. Udisha is ambitious and makes sure that Ole Christian learns all the important words!

Yk1BCnZ.jpg
    Dudleif invites his best friend Bobby Sjanto over for a visit.

jGYLFd6.jpg
    Palash is now on his way home from work. Palash works in the business career, same as Udisha.

c9M7ctZ.jpg
    Actually he wasn't going home, he stops outside Dafooney! Wahey! A local fusion lounge and music/jazz-club.

LujA5mx.jpg
    Udisha successfully taught Ole Christian to talk.

oFPAjgU.jpg
    Palash isn't doing much at Dafooney! Wahey! He just walks aimlessly around and talks to his own reflection in the bathroom mirror...

y7YClbV.jpg
    Dudleif heads to the Student House of Culture with Bobby to go bowling.

HCLWJ09.jpg
    The Student House of Culture was designed by art and architecture student Marcus Claudius Eschenburg and can be a little maze like. The bowling alley is in the basement... if you can find it...

WwKrbTY.jpg
    RtmvS93.jpg
    Bobby is not very impressed by Dudleifs bowling skills...

131cprV.jpg
    Palash just came home from Dafooney! Wahey! This is his home on the opposite end of the same street as Udisha and Dudleif.

ArIZ6lK.jpg
    This is very typical of Palash. He almost always goes outside to rest on one of these chairs, no matter what the weather is outside. :P Of course, now he is lucky and the weather is good.. it's still winter, though, so it is a little chilly...

QEOqhxJ.jpg
    Beate Curious, Bhavan's girlfriend, just aged up to a young adult. The Gods have installed a mod that made night time look darker.. which probably means the town council should put more lights around.. The Gods tried to brighten this image, but that didn't look any good, so they left it as it is.

ernsp9m.jpg
    Dudleif is now flirting with Sølvi Sjanto, his friend Bobbys wife... He gets the attracted moodlet from being near her.

eDNFxlh.jpg
    He navigates around the maze to play a smash the gnome game. Sølvi tries to follow him, but loses track of where he walked...

XPKqN7Q.jpg

Sometimes maybe a maze and sims getting lost is a good thing if it can save a relationship...
    th1das9.png
    @Sprottenham : so many confusing names! :D
    Good to see Leyla´s parents and siblings again and what they are doing right now.
    Great to see the elders still alive and active, perhaps they even went for a swim adter their conversation ended, swimming is good for the heart and health!

Lol about Udishe sitting stinking on the floor and painting while her son is hungry! Sims can be so selfish!
    And why does no-one of the adults clean the stinking piles of clothes on the floor?

Poor Bhavan, being a lone but being irresistable at the same time can be challenging! He did good in this situations. How many firefighters do you have in your game? ;)
    y7YClbV.jpg
    Dudleif heads to the Student House of Culture with Bobby to go bowling.
    I love how elders drive in the game! :D Trying to be so concentrated. I just don´t understand the critical face of Bobby. Does he know that Dudleif is getting slower in his reactions and doesn´t he feel safe anymore when Dudleif drives?

Interesting design of the House of Culture, I think my Sims would be too stupid to find the bowley alley. Or would just get stuck in front of the stairs... :D
    But it seems as if it was very good for Dudleif´s marriage that your Sims are confused from all the stairs as well!
    How can such an ugly old man attract so many young, beautiful women??????
    Oh and I´ve nearly forgot (🐸🐸🐸🐸 old brain!) :
    Have a nice holiday!!! I hope you´ll relax as much as you need!
    Do you travel?
    @AlexaKry Yeah, but if its any comfort, the only names from the last update worth noting are the ones from the Chitrakaar family, but even that is a lot of names, so... Maybe I should cut back on the number of sims I post about, but then I would have to start making selections.. :P

"And why does no-one of the adults clean the stinking piles of clothes on the floor?" <-- Good questions. All of my sims, apart from the neat ones, are just really bad at that usually.. dirty clothes everywhere...

"How many firefighters do you have in your game?" <-- Haha, I don't know, haven't checked, but my impression is that it isn't to crowded yet, so.. a realistic amount. ;)

"How can such an ugly old man attract so many young, beautiful women?????? " No clue, haha! Maybe its because he has a good heart or something, being the only good person from his family (from what I can understand..) :P
    Oh and I´ve nearly forgot (❤️❤️❤️❤️ old brain!) :
    Have a nice holiday!!! I hope you´ll relax as much as you need!
    Do you travel?

Thanks! Yeah, I'll go by car half way across the country to visit family. ;)
    th1das9.png
  • DivaDoodleDivaDoodle Posts: 1,858 Member

@Sprottenham hahaha yes playing God Is a very tough job!!! :D Oh my I have so many updates to catch up on! I am eager to read them! :)

I like that Ranveig bought herself a dishwasher! lol it is so nice to find out what sims will buy themselves! mine usually try to buy guitars without having any musical interests! :D

I am excited that they are going back to Uni!

omg LOL!!!! Ranveig looking at Inge with that Face! and Inge looking so sweet and beautiful!

''Inge: Oh, oh, I forgot to use the bathroom before I went.. can I borrow yours?
    Ranveig: No.'' HAHAHA she is so mean to Inge! Gee the expressions you caught are just so Perfect!

Nice to meet the Kråkesen and Karlsen families.

I just want to comment and say how much I appreciate that with each subsequent picture you tell us again the name of the person/people in it!

Ingrid is very pretty! I do like snob sims so much!

It is so great to see the old characters from Sunset Valley!

Wow! I love your pic of the house being constructed! such a good job you did with the fencing and the cones! brilliant! :)

Good boy Morten! I'm so glad you got a new skill point in fishing! I just wish you didn't have Alopecia. At least you have nice eyebrows. I see that your sister even thinks that you should always dress being King, because then you have your nice thick black hair, instead of being bald! But he looks so very sweet and happy being read to! <3

Great Updates! I have more to catch up on!!! :)
    @DivaDoodle Thanks for the comment. :) This will probably be brief because I am writing on cellphone.

Yeah, I saw the neighbours had bought a dishwasher too, and they had placed it outside. That really surprised me so much I wondered if I had done it and forgot. :open_mouth:

About the expressions I am really amazed sometimes that the sims makes such expressions that fits perfectly with the storytelling. :smile:

I want to make it easy to recognize the characters so I try to mention their names as often as possible. And also show the family trees and pictures.

Yes Ingrid looks nice as a young adult. She was also very cute as a toddler, but not so much as a teenager. She turned out good as an adult though.

I have gotten used to Morten being bald now, it is something he inherited from his grandfather that also has no hair, but yes it is a bit unusual.

I am happy you enjoy it, next update and more forum comments should be there when I am back from vacation again.
    th1das9.png
    Chapter 12.5 - Sprottenham – January 2022

Last year (in sim time..), I followed the Chitrakaar family around (Leya, Gaute, Bodil, Orinder), but to keep things interesting (or confusing....), I want to switch to another household this year, atleast for a while, and then see how it goes... Hmm, lets see.. eenie meenie minie moe.. I think I will start with someone I have already mentioned once before, Baturney and Agathi Flansbarne.

1qk5ILF.jpg

This is their humble home at Mitchell 6.

When Agathi Jiggens moved to Sprottenham almost 9 years ago now, she was a single, young aspiring crime novel writer. At about the same time, another young man moved to Sprottenham, after having to take the heavy decision to give up on his family business, The Flansbarne Circus. The travelling circus business had seen a decline in recent years with new and more modern forms of entertainment taking over and it had become harder and harder to make it stay afloat. A certain pandemic that happened around that time was the final nail in the coffin....

Baturney had to face the heavy decision of declaring the circus that his great grandfather, Blatzloy Flansbarne, had devoted his lifetime to build up bankrupt...
    It was a rainy and sad day for the former circus director Flansbarne when he first set foot in Sprottenham.. but the sun eventually shined on him, after he got a new job at the town hall and found love with his new sweetheart Agathi some years later...

4lKGm1y.jpg

Baturney and Agathi have two children together. Ruben Jiggens (3 years, 4 months) and Iselin Flansbarne (6 months).

1FbLZSM.jpg

Baturney has always been a very popular and charismatic man, almost effortlessly making friends everywhere he goes. That's probably why his phone seems to almost constantly be ringing...

AbSwFDv.jpg

After Baturney had gone off to work, Agathi sat down to start on her new project, a horror crime novel she decided to call "The Zombie Kitchen", inspired by this dream she had a few months ago. The idea had been stuck in her head for quite some time, continuously growing larger in scope, until she just had to start writing on it. She named the main characters Natalie and Ingun, and she gave all the characters in the story wings, as if they were angels. She was hoping to strike gold with this one, and finally get to write her first best seller.

exCoB5G.jpg
    Its not that easy being a writer, though, when you have two young ones at home that constantly need your care and attention...

3iqpYCj.jpg
    Like the characters in most of her stories and novels, Agathi has the evil personality trait, but unlike them, she is not a bad mother...

0iqMq9T.jpg
    tV5bAhC.jpg
    Agathi isn't only a writer, she also works in the music career, which means that she is a colleague of both Leya and Solvej.

xw4Mv7m.jpg
    When Baturney gets home from work, he decides to throw a party. His lifetime wish is to be super popular, which he has already achieved, but popularity must be maintained!

1E3v2EN.jpg
    Solvej Rasmussen wasn't invited to his party, but decided to show up anyway.
    Solvej is an entertainer by nature, and immediately goes into one of the unused bedrooms to play guitar...

IJUVd9g.jpg
    It turns into a mini jam session when Christoffer Vaddelmyr brings out his bass to join her.

pzE63Yn.jpg
    bdu7sxk.jpg
    Solvej gives flowers to Baturney, but he rejects. "Thanks, but.. no thanks. I am happily married to Agathi" he says. Solvej is disheartened, but takes it in stride. The colours in the bathroom is Agathis choice. She has a strong affinity towards black and red. "The red reminds me of blood splatter, and the black represents the darkness of my soul.." she tells me. Ummm... right.. yeah, uhhh.. that's... that's cool.... I guess....

G5aNmt1.jpg
    Gaute is at the party too. Since he is a party animal, of course, that should be expected. Gaute loves the outdoors and talks about the park. Baturney doesn't share that interest though.

NdLUunJ.jpg
    Gunn-Rita Bergersen wants to hold hands with Baturney, but again he rejects. He is a very popular man that has to constantly remind the women, young and old, that he is happily married...

kagNT3C.jpg
    Baturney then goes to bed, because he wants to be well rested before going to work tomorrow. And blocks the bed for this couple, Ramger and Gabriela Vanderfjert.. not sure what plans they had in here....

YMaUf9O.jpg
    Agathi is home from work with her laptop already in hand. Then Christoffer Vaddelmyr walks over to give her flowers...

v01VIan.jpg
    "No no no" she says "I can't accept those! I am faithful to my man, Baturney!" That's very good of her. She has the "attractive company" moodlet, so there is someone in the room she finds attractive. Of course, I don't know who it is, as there are several people in the room.

J3nKW71.jpg
    Christoffer doesn't give up though, and runs pick up lines on her. Agathi is disgusted with his behaviour.

OEpRy17.jpg
    Agathi complains to him about her job. She is not really a musician at heart. She only has the job to sustain herself while waiting to make enough money from her books. Being an aspiring author is hard work..

Ky0xNQi.jpg

Gabriela and Gaute notices that Christoffer is flirting with Agathi, and thinks he is a fool for doing so. They know that he is married to Jorunn..

Gaute, what the...? Where did you get that megaphone? Why are you so angry all of a sudden?

LUkykrk.jpg
    Gaute: We need to stand up and stand together in the fight against mean people! There are way to many mean people in this world!

Is there now?

LQPbKgP.jpg
    Gaute: Mean and grumpy people! They are a dark stain on our society! We must stand united! Together we can stop this!

eWCb3Fr.jpg
    Hmm, its not only Baturney that is attractive. Agathi is also popular it seems. "Your darkness is so hot, it turns me on" Ramger tells her.

acO27jg.jpg
    Agathi does not appreciate all the people trying to flirt with her, though. It looks like she has found her man and wants to stick with him.

YRyZbBy.jpg
    Agathi isn't only interested in the darker things and writing crime and horror novels. She is also a very intelligent person with strong interests in science, so she runs and inkblot test on Ramger. Maybe she can uncover why people think its ok to flirt with others when they are already married.. Learning to understand people is always good if you want inspiration for creating characters to use in a novel at a later time...

cH9vkdc.jpg
    Agathi tucks in Ruben. She does not need to see her children suffer. Writing novels and stories is her outlet for the evil and darkness within, and helps her to be a more loving and caring person to the people around her.

KfVLk91.jpg
    Agathi discusses her book ideas with Baturney. The woman still there playing computer games is Frigg Ås. The Ås family is the richest family in Sprottenham.

VOfvwLX.jpg
    Agathi is a little concerned about money and wants to know when Baturney will get his next promotion.

sSqIJ6R.jpg
    a5SSLgP.jpg
    And finally the last two party guests, Frigg and Ramger, also decide to leave the party at 3:30 in the night.. and I think that ends it for january. ;)

Other news around town:

f9eJkk9.jpg
    Maiken Strøm has moved in with Glenn Hoddelås (Bodils father).
    tsX3N2a.jpg
    Maiken and Glenns home at Mitchell 3.
    th1das9.png
    edited August 2021
    Chapter 13 – February 2022
    13.1 – Sunset Valley part I

~~ Household: Kråke-Karlsen. ~~

Ingrid wakes up early on this first february morning.
    gSDK3ae.jpg
    «I want to discover a star and name it after me!» she says, before going out to use the telescope, while her mom is sleeping in the back there, dreaming about money.

oe8rQIR.jpg
    Morten and Kathrine woke up. Morten heads for his sisters room to play computer games. And Kathrine lies down on Ingrids bed to read a book! Yes, her room really is the place this family prefers to hangout...!

RdYBdcH.jpg
    Morten in his own room for a change, before playtime is interrupted by a four-piece orchestra of car horns from outside...

wFYs5rc.jpg
    This looks a little more like the Jonathan I know, and not so cartoony..

iMV8CRd.jpg
    The big event for this month, however, is going to happen in the Motor-Karlsen household. Today is Kleopatras birthday, and she will age up to a teenager!

muWjs5E.jpg
    Kleopatra on her way out the door to go to school. «Bye mom!» she says.

GatSn5j.jpg
    Kleopatras mom, Sofie, works as a Kitchen Chef at the Corsican Bistro, so she usually has the first half of the day off when the others are at work or school. Sofie is an oversensitive and grumpy person. She can blame that on her parents...

xAIBsnO.jpg
    Kleopatras father, Eivind, works as a Jet Fighter Pilot in the military. He has today off actually, but is still wearing his work uniform.

kbLlAQE.jpg
    Since Eivind works in the military, he knows the value of being in good physical shape, and has taught Sofie to appreciate this as well. Eivind has a wish to be her personal trainer, and she has a wish to get pumped up. So I have them get at it. ;)

ZZiCmqJ.jpg
    Walter is doing good so far, downstairs in Kleopatras room playing with the doll house. Walter is 4 years and 8 months old.

Sofie, Eivind, Kleopatra and Walter are part of the Motorsen family and the Karlsen family. The Motorsen family is the biggest of my Sunset Valley families.

Family photos inside spoiler:
    nqw5aUH.jpg
    Motorsen family.

MgZ0zyL.png
    Motorsen family with name tags. Grey names are married into the family.

QoAy3Ct.jpg
    Karlsen family.

MMGaeNB.png
    Karlsen family with name tags.

GCZu4cw.jpg
    Sofie: Oh.. I think I did it!
    Sofie just reached level 10 in the sports skill. Eivind is very enthusiastic and cheers her on. ;)

pI48I0z.jpg
    Walter needs to use the potty, but he still finds the stairs to be a little scary, so Eivind carried him upstairs.

reNlxqp.jpg
    «I can do this alone» he says. Walter is well trained by his parents.

sn0DOMH.jpg
    At the Kråke-Karlsen household Kathrine and Jonathan are practicing their sports skills by playing ball.

NebTeUw.jpg
    Kleopatra comes home from school with really bad grades. Basically, she flunked. Eivind is not happy... «No TV today for you! Go face the wall!» he says. «But dad.. it's my birthday..». Eivind does not reply to his daughter, he's had enough of this sloundering. She better shape up during her teenage life stage...

VK21B3T.jpg
    Since Eivind gave her such a scolding, I'll have him help her with the homework. Maybe that can get her up to atleast a passing grade before she ages up...

FVUS0VY.jpg
    Well, that didn't help. She is going to fail! Kleopatra calls over her friends from school and her grandparents lngmar and Eirin to celebrate her birthday. Ingmar and Eirin are Eivinds parents.

INpntMO.jpg
    Lise-Veronica, her cousin, is the first guest to arrive. Kleopatras reaction is a little inappropriate.

iGo5ZuT.jpg
    She is more happy about Bjørn-Yngve, also her cousin.., coming to her party.

2lIDgBo.jpg
    Eirin Motorsen, Kleopatras grandmother, is suffering from the mental condition that plagues the Motorsen family. Here she is in an argument with one of her demons that no one else can see...
    Poor Eirin.. she just wants her demons to go away for once, so she can be at peace and celebrate with her grandchild...

eBN22Ty.jpg
    Then it is time for Kleopatra to blow out the candles and age up.

H4a6Ddt.jpg

7R3pIbi.jpg

W1Y4tQE.jpg

73wr1Xn.jpg
    Grandfather Ingmar is not being very attentive...

atITeGR.jpg
    Her father, Eivind, is just laughing, like the inappropriates always do..

98dT4Uc.jpg
    Finally grandma was doing a little better and could celebrate, too.. here she is alongside mom Sofie.

RAMnvph.jpg
    Kleopatra as a teenager. Because of her dad yelling at her earlier and her poor grades, she will spend her teenage years marked with the hot headed trait... I am hoping it is a trait she will grow out of before reaching adulthood..

cTtEzgR.jpg

eoKN4rZ.jpg
    Kleopatras hot headedness could of course also stem from her moms grumpiness... where that comes from is something for another chapter, though she has talked about with Ranveig already in chapter one.

u2OJn9C.jpg
    Grandma Eirin wishes her a happy birthday.

1N3CC9s.jpg
    It's not often I see this, four people playing video games at the same time and one guy watching.
    Playing video games: Morten (floor), Bjørn-Yngve, Ingmar, Lise Veronica (couch). Watching: Robert Bråge.

lvx7R0M.jpg
    Kleopatra, now 13 years old, went outside in the rain to play tag with Robert Bråge (12 years old).

DduyhCP.jpg
    The parents have already put Walter in his crib and called it a night.

XJGJ8hx.jpg
    People upstairs are still playing video games. Eirin talks to her grandchild Lise Veronica about the stars. The kid in the front playing with a toy is Kristina Reppe, one of Kleopatras school mates.

1cv7eTp.jpg
    Then it gets late and all the kids decide to leave, leaving only the grandparents behind. Grandma Eirin goes into Sofie and Eivinds bedroom to play computer games.. that's going to be popular.

2AlG525.jpg
    Kleopatra goes to bed in her room. Her birthday gift from her parents was an easel, excactly what she had wished for. Probably time to get the dollhouse out of there. She shouldn't have any interest in that now that she is a teenager.. Walter can have it to play with.

iWEAUAE.jpg
    Actually, all of them (including Walter) is sleeping safe and sound, and isn't bothered by grandmas playing. They must have been really tired. :P
    Mission is completed here, so I leave them now, and go back to the Kråke-Karlsen household for part two (to come in next update).
    th1das9.png
    edited September 2021
    13.1 - February 2022 in Sunset Valley Part II:

~~ Kråke-Karlsen family ~~

dpv5X2L.jpg

When I switch back to this family, they're all standing out in the garage for some reason, probably just got home from somewhere. Jonathan goes to bed. Morten goes to play king. Ingrid and Kathrine stay in the garage talking. Kathrine keeps questioning her daughter about her own romantic reputation, but she has nothing to worry about. Everyone knows that Kathrine has always been faithful to Jonathan.

MjLFunO.jpg
    I swoop by the Reppe household to check up on them, and I immediately find myself in this scene right here... That's your pregnat vomiting sim for this episode...

fYvZP5I.jpg
    Everyone has gone to bed except Morten. He doesn't feel the least bit tired... «I am the King, I can do whatever I want!» he says.

BkvP7Gu.jpg
    When he is done playing king, he goes to his sisters bedroom to play computer games. Interesting how nobody wakes up from that..

rCViCvt.jpg
    He doesn't go to bed until 5 o'clock. Just enough time to get two hours of sleep before he has to get up again. ;)

liTW6Tk.jpg
    Jonathan wakes up only 10 minutes later, and naturally goes into his daughters bedroom to read a book*.. of course.. which reminds me, how is construction of the new home going?

rYyhdnt.jpg
    They got the outer walls up, so its making progress. Construction workers aren't here this early in the morning, of course. It's not going to be a big house by any means, but that is the point. Affordable housing for first timers. Even if Ingrid and her family could probably afford something much bigger.... spoiled little brat. ;)

5rofxA6.jpg
    Kathrine also wakes up to read a book «Hotel Diavolo» written by her father-in-law, Asgeir Karlsen. They have their own little office/reading space just behind their bedroom. A true family of bookworms...

2V4g1x1.jpg
    Ingrid wakes up and ignores her dad being in her bedroom. She's used to it. She is almost considering moving into that home in the New Town Area, but just almost.

1nXUkHm.jpg
    Morten goes downstairs to do his homework, just before school, and talks about how he wants to travel to Pico Pico Island, a volcanic island nation on the tectonic boundary that seperates the western and the eastern continents.

m8ts1Lf.jpg
    Ingrid: You're only saying that because you want to hang out with the movie stars and celebreties..

Pico Pico Island is a bit of a tropical paradise and a tax haven for rich people, a lot of famous movie stars, musicians and other wealthy people have residence there.

VagkV7b.jpg
    Morten: I'm going to be a wealthy writer one day, just like granddad, and then I'm going to move there.

EOkwp68.jpg
    Ingrid: I would be a night club owner. It would be the most exclusive night club on the entire island! It would be the place to see and be seen!

ORWNVwd.jpg
    Morten: And I would hang out there with all my rich author friends!

9zw8qaa.jpg
    Dream on kids, so far that's a bit off from your reality.. its still school and regular work for you...

KOcZPkB.jpg
    «I'm going to be a winner one day...»
    Yeah, could be, but for now you're only polishing podiums... ;)

Ls3M2cu.jpg
    Jonathan and Kathrine get a little romantic, but then Kathrine asks Jonathan for a water balloon fight. Jonathan ignores that, and goes back to holding hands.

hQJO5rY.jpg
    Kathrine has bought a new tree house.
    Kathrine: It will be perfect for our new baby!

New baby? How can you say that? You're not even pregnant...

nM37QYK.jpg
    I'm thinking that with such a statement, she is going to initiate woohoo, but they just keep throwing that ball...

PhxC5mg.jpg
    And go inside to read each their book... if you want a baby, you're gonna have to make one! ;)

2xT68xD.jpg
    Morten visits a friend from school, Lise Veronica Motor-Notesen.

ogMBTwS.jpg
    Ingrid went to the bookstore to buy a book about logic, then she meets Tori Kimura (age: 70) and learn that they are both snobs...

1KQpDKl.jpg
    Then the game notifies me that Lucie Karlsen (age: 66) has started dating Carlos Opsahl.. here they are flirting with each other outside «The Rook», the old home (now a museum) of world famous chess champion H.K.H. Høigaffel.
    Lucie Karlsen is Jonathan and Sofies mother. The man with the blue tank top is Asgeir Karlsen (age: 69), her ex-husband. They live together now, but haven't been married since Sofie was just a toddler.

Info-dump backstory in spoiler:
    Lucie cheated on Asgeir with Beau Andrews secretly at work (she worked in the medical career at this point). Asgeir learned about it one night when his neighbour, Egil Kråkesen, had invited him over for barbecue and drinks...
    These news made the situation pretty dire in the Karlsen home. It began with arguing, which escalated to yelling and screaming. And domestic violence. Lucie was the main aggressor there. Jonathan wasn't at home then, but Sofie was, and she still remembers it... as referenced earlier.
    Asgeir divorced her shortly thereafter, and kicked her out of the house. Sofie grew up not knowing her own mother. Jonathan would often go fishing with his mom, his only way of meeting her. It is likely that this fueled his interest in fishing and gardening, which later gave him the wish to be a scientist.

06Ug72T.jpg
    Asgeir doesn't want to watch them flirting, and goes to play chess. Somewhere inside watching her flirt with others might still be painful for him. She was the love of his life once....

BxieYbw.jpg

oXITvqt.jpg
    Carlos and Lucie exchange flowers.

ph5sDR1.jpg
    Ingrid still plays ball with Tori.

fzfgToJ.jpg
    Asgeir and Lucie plays chess together. The mood looks good, so they are still friends. Just don't look at Lucies concentrated face. They should be nowhere near getting physical with each other again now, one way or the other...

3X75TTk.jpg
    Jonathan and Kathrine watching the stars together. Jonathan was never to harmed by his parents troublesome relationship, atleast he hasn't shown any signs of it. He has always been romantic and good with his partner.

9dH146a.jpg
    Ingrid was invited to a party over at Terje Hågensens house (Terapeut Terje Hågensen is Psykiater Pia Holm-Fredriksens colleague at the mental hospital). Ingrid is of course checking her appearence in the mirror...

yZuaZsM.jpg
    Other party guests: Ylajali Halvorsen, the crazy gnome obsessed lady, Darlene Bunch, and Ivar Motor-Notesen (Monicas husband).

PnYLK3S.jpg
    Psykiater Pia discusses work and promotions with Terapeut Terje (the party host).

3tiNsiy.jpg
    Eirin Motorsen and Jared Frio is also there.

OvpSn4W.jpg
    Ingrid talks to Ylajali about how much she likes to throw ball. Ivar says he finds Ingrid attractive and would like to get to know her better.

FX2P6cv.jpg
    Ylajali is easily impressed and Ingrid is a snob. I didn't know these traits were incompatible with each other.

VXkePNl.jpg
    «Did you get any?» Ylajali asks Ivar.

IAMc8nq.jpg
    «Oh, haha, I'm not that into fishing»

F3vlBZ8.jpg
    Monica is not going to like this if she finds out...

KjFdO8M.jpg
    Eirin, Monicas mother, goes upstairs. She blocks what is going on, but in a bit of a strange way...

qt7RcFj.jpg
    Ivar ignores Eirin and continues to flirt with Ylajali.
    You're playing a dangerous game, Ivar. Not in front of your mother-in-law!

9tqbOot.jpg
    She's going to tell Monica...

vEqO1l6.jpg
    Yup, the rumor is spreading already. Everyone at the party now knows what is going on. Terapeut Terje just gossiped about Ivars flirting to Psykiater Pia. Darlene Bunch heard everything that was being said.

I6q7sgO.jpg
    xFlJHa2.jpg
    Ivar gives flowers to Ylajali before going downstairs to watch tv. Eirin goes back to Ylajali and tries to influence her to give up the flirting with her daughters husband....

rbhdS3g.jpg
    Ylajali may be insane, but she is not a fool. She understands what Eirin is trying to do, and counters it by trash talking her home and family. Eirin leaves the room to go downstairs. Ylajali follows to have a picture taken together with Ingrid.

BAT7Dq1.jpg

QcNynBs.jpg
    While Ivar is at a party flirting with other women, Monica is at home reading a bedtime story for Morten.

Co0trM7.jpg
    Or.. maybe Eirin doesn't have her daughters best interest in mind, but rather has an agenda of her own...

T74fi6V.jpg
    Morten has gone home, and just asked Jonathan to read him a bed time story as well.

AdUSr5c.jpg
    Both Ylajali and Eirin have some struggles.. Ylajali keeps seeing and hearing garden gnomes everywhere, when there are none.. Eirin is being taunted by voices and people in black coats telling her to do random things... She has learned to recognize them over the years and seperate them from reality, but they still bother her...

FSfJaNh.jpg
    The party is dying out and people are leaving, as Ingrid takes a nap on a garden chair outside. Eventually she gets told to leave by Terapeut Terje.

GybtA22.jpg
    As she drives home, february turns to march, and I have to move a litte further north to the University Town for the next update...
    th1das9.png

@Sprottenham Yes it seems to be a big deal to the sims when when reach a certain romantic reputation level, they want to talk about it so much.

I wonder how he will do in school with only 2 hours sleep!

Good to see the walls are up on the new house! Again I like that you put that 'construction stuff' around the place!

haha I like how Morten wants to be a wealthy writer and live on Pico Pico Island. :)

Is that the normal game ponytail hair on Asgeir? it looks nice. sometimes on some of my sims, the pony tail looks stringy and greasy to me.

Oh! now I am interested in Ivar flirting with the BB lady in the red top, Ylajali. Because of what he is saying to her. That is a serious flirt! (well in my town it means he is saying he wishes she were his girlfriend--and so far, no one has yet said it lightly)

Oh Mother in law! 'She's going to tell Monica...' Did she really?! Oh she Did! rumors! Oh No!

LOL Mother in law then gives flowers to Ivar! :D ''Or.. maybe Eirin doesn't have her daughters best interest in mind, but rather has an agenda of her own...'' Yes and I see the daughter giving her husband the eye! great pic!

''Both Ylajali and Eirin have some struggles.. Ylajali keeps seeing and hearing garden gnomes everywhere, when there are none.. Eirin is being taunted by voices and people in black coats telling her to do random things... She has learned to recognize them over the years and seperate them from reality, but they still bother her...'' God I love your crazy sims! :D
    @DivaDoodle Thanks for the comment. Hehe, it looked like Kathrine was very insecure about her romantic reputation as she kept asking about it over and over. :P

Oh, Morten wasn't doing so bad in school, but he got very tired of course..

Hehe, Pico Pico island is a world that currently only exists in my head, but I hope to get around to making it one day, so that they can travel there. ;) Maybe even fulfill their dreams...

Yes, that is just the original pony tail hair for him. I have no custom content hair installed for males.

Oh, well I think Ivar should quit the flirting thing, because he is married to Monica, and worse yet, the plot thickens when his mother-in-law flirts with him too! I disapprove of all these happenings! :P

Yeah, my version of Sunset Valley probably has a much higher than avarege amount of crazy sims... Maybe they should seek some help at the mental hospital... :/
    th1das9.png
    edited September 2021
    13.2 – Lake Onebega February 2022

vajraQj.jpg

Inges notes:
    I was so tired last night when I came home after spending the entire day out, I passed out on the floor. I hope nobody saw that! It would have been extremely embarrassing!

eVWKjYi.jpg
    I really needed my Olli then to cuddle against. He was so warm and good, and I had such a sweet dream about us in the future, going on vacation with our kids.

TYY3896.jpg

oKUEN0H.jpg

Narrators notes:
    When morning comes they do a synchronised wake up, again! And what the heck, Oliver Freddy? Did you really go to sleep wearing that on your feet!?
    3NW2nFi.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:
    I wanted to dream about snorkeling, so I went to bed with my swimfins on, but I was a bit disappointed it didn't help. I can't remember dreaming anything at all tonight. I went downstairs and opened my book to study, when the alarm on my cellphone went off. I started using the alarm this semester, just to make sure I didn't get late for any of the lectures, even though it was never a problem.

8mH8dd5.jpg

Narrators notes:
    So off he goes to lecture.. in shorts and a t-shirt. Come on, man! It's february, and its still winter time! This isn't Sunset Valley, haven't you learned by now?

EtfRt7v.jpg

Inges notes:

I sat down in our dining room to have my breakfast, and when Cody came down I called for him to sit at my table, but he just ignored me. I still don't understand why people do that sometimes.. it makes me feel like such a loser. I tried not to think to much of it and keep my mood up, but it does hurt a little.

QwwWi1m.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:
    Todays lecture on quantom mechanics was the most confusing thing I have ever heard, I really struggled to understand what was going on here. I'm probably going to have to review this material a few times over, and then maybe it will stick. I wasn't prepared for this at all. University can be really hard sometimes.

vE0qPsP.jpg

Inges notes:
    Regardless of being ignored, I wanted to get an A this semester, so I knew that I had to study. I don't know where everyone goes most of the time, but at least the quietness of our dorm makes it easy to focus. Another thing that makes me a little down is that I have heard that Nicole Lawry that lived with us last semester is doing a semester abroad in Dinsflew Wendel. I hope she has fun and wants to come back to live with us when she is done there.

WM1TFKy.jpg

Narrators notes:
    Outside their dorm, romance is blooming.. Liz Tarry seems to have developed some feelings for Daniel Vaughn. Its cute. :P

fzwYHmY.jpg

Oliver Freddy is done with his lecture, and it looks like there's gonna be a toilet line.. and uh..

m8nh392.jpg

Crazy naked sim inside spoiler:
    kJDYFoO.jpg
    ..right, when I put the walls down to get an overview, I can't help but notice this naked student out in the hallway.. like, seriously. I swear, it wasn't like that when I went to university.. atleast not at 10 o'clock on a regular tuesday! The nudists name is Denise Frink, and her status tells me she is not actually a student.. right, so she just decided to go to the university campus to run around naked for no reason at all. One for the nuthouse...

KgsPNBL.jpg
    When Oliver Freddy gets dressed to go home, she goes upstairs to dance, still in the nude. Haha. He just barely missed seeing her, its probably best that way...

VAtWXmq.jpg

Inges notes:

D7f3Jpy.jpg

I managed to finsh the chapter about how to select the right brush just before I had to go to my lecture! I heard that Oliver Freddy just came home behind me, but I had no time to talk to him.

MRvJQJl.jpg

I want to be a good painter and illustrator really bad, but sometimes the way the professors here do their lectures just seems really boring. It looks to me as if it is just a necessary chore for them to get through, and that they would be much happier if they could just do their research all day instead. Many of the students even fell asleep during the lecture, and I kind of don't blame them.
    NXFDlXy.jpg

Narrators notes:
    zIyZ4hI.jpg
    Someone just fought in the computer lab. University seems to be a little more lively this semester...

Inges notes:

ABXtns1.jpg
    As the lecture was getting close to end, Jonathan stood next to me looking over my shoulder and stretching his arms. He's kind of hot, but his behaviour is sometimes a bit weird. I tried to ignore him, though, because I want to focus on my studies, and I don't want to ruin anything. My plan is to go back to Sunset Valley with Oliver Freddy once our degrees are complete.

2RBzwaL.jpg
    I was also getting a bit tired from not sleeping enough last night, so I wanted to head home to get a nap.

XNQ2MlM.jpg
    When I came home, I felt so much like going back to the Student Union to play a game of pool, but I knew I needed that nap first.

ENNYRg3.jpg

Liz Tarrys notes:
    I walked out of the Student Union to head home when Inge rushed by me. I tried to say hello, but she just ran on as if I wasn't there. I'm not sure whats up with that girl. Sometimes she's all friendly, other times its as if she's in a world of her own.

RK73gcn.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:

23Erxei.jpg
    When I got home, I immediately began to review the chapter on quantum physics, hoping to understand it better.

nGJsdd1.jpg
    It was really tough reading, and I felt a bit grumpy and in a bad mood afterwards. Thats when I know its time to unwind, so I wanted to head over to the Student Union to find someone to play table tennis with.

V3qJkiK.jpg
    Sometimes I can hear things that scare me. Mom has told me that it runs in the family and that it isn't real, but it scares me nonetheless. I could swear I heard the sound of wolves howling, and I immediately felt that there must have been werewolves or something just outside, ready to eat me any moment. I hate it when this happens. I knew that there was a full moon this night, so I didn't really want to go at first.

epWDbnZ.jpg
    I did my best to remember my sweet mothers words and carefully opened the door to peak outside. I couldn't hear the sound anymore, and it looked quiet enough, so I decided to brave it and go anyway, but it was a bit nerve wrecking for a while.

Narrators notes:
    Poor Oliver Freddy, he suffers from a version of the same condition as both his mother, Ranveig, and his grandmother, Eirin. Thats why he sometimes can act a little random. It has always been a thing for the Motorsen family to not have anyone else deal with it. “Its a matter of the family and no one else” Eirin used to tell her kids. She had her familys best intentions in mind, though, and thought it would be to shameful and damaging to share this with anyone. Back in the day mental illness was something no one talked much about, but in recent years it has become a little more accepted, and people in Sunset Valley and elsewhere have become more enlightened about it. So maybe Oliver Freddy will be the first to break this cycle, and finally seek some treatment to lessen or remove the impact of this illness on the family?

Inges notes:
    ZuGeOfa.jpg
    I wanted to practice pool by myself, because I'm not sure if I will be good enough to beat anyone yet, and I don't want people to view me as a loser. Winning is very important to me. If I think I can't win, I would rather play alone until I become good enough.

PZQz6YC.jpg
    When I was over there playing pool, I was approached by this guy called Troy Francis that wanted to play juice pong. Like pool, I wasn't sure if I could play this juice pong, but he said it was a lot of fun and insisted I try, so I couldn't refuse.

0VLchrI.jpg
    And it went just like I expected, I totally sucked at it! I couldn't hit the cups at all, and instead I threw a ball right in his mouth! It was so embarrassing! He had to spit it out on the floor!

VWbhvfu.jpg
    He said it was cool, though, and we continued the game for a while. After failing for a few rounds I could feel I was getting buzzed and wanted to quit, so I left him to go downstairs to solve a math problem on one of the white boards there.

k4YZEkl.jpg
    I know, it doesn't quite make sense that I, as an art student, should want to solve a math problem, but I do remember how fun I thought math was in school, and I just couldn't help myself! I think math is a bit of an art too sometimes.

t8Z71As.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:

9jT0puV.jpg
    I certainly don't regret making it outside to go down there, as I had a lot of fun playing table tennis with Sophie Mander, before Inge showed up. She had ordered something to eat, so I sat down by her table to read that quantum physics chapter again. I had to get it this time.

Inges notes:
    b1u5fav.jpg
    The juice pong and the math equation had made me hungry, so I went upstairs again to order a burrito. I felt calmed to not see Troy anywhere, as I felt I had made such a fool of myself earlier. I forgot all about it, though, when I saw my sweet Olli leaving this girl he was playing table tennis with to join me at my table. Even though he was busy reading his book.

IxMiZlI.jpg

I guess I must have been a bit juiced still, because after I finished my burrito I told him excactly how I felt about him right then and there!

EBR9MD3.jpg
    I was disappointed when he didn't even lift his eyes from the book, though, and it made me feel very insecure. Doesn't he love me? Maybe he doesn't. Maybe it is because I am still a loser. And even worse, some other girl just sat down right next to him chewing on a hot dog.

3twBpKV.jpg
    It made me feel bad, so I excused myself to go to the toilet. He only replied by telling me how bad he thought the toilets here were, because of how often they would get clogged.

(The lightning changed here, because I played this over two sessions and it looks like it takes a while for the “no full moon light effect mod” to kick into gear after loading the game. So yeah, the full moon was definitely out on this magical enchanted night...)

Oliver Freddys notes:
    I was just in the middle of reading a complex section about quantum mechanics when Inge all of a sudden exclaimed how much she loved me and how happy she was to be with me. Its weak of me as her boyfriend, I know, but I was so focused on trying to understand these quantum physics, I was thrown aback by this sudden statement and didn't know how to reply for a while, before she excused herself to go to the toilet. And the only thing I could come up with then was how crappy I thought the toilets here were for clogging all the time...
    Somewhat embarrassed I continued to read my book, and I hadn't even noticed this girl that had sat down next to me until I noticed her chewing sounds from eating a hot dog.

ccXGyUn.jpg
    When she finished eating, I had to break the silence with something, so I told her I might hold a party next month. She introduced herself as Siri Skogvold and said that would be cool and that she would like to go. So now I have to plan a party at our dorm! I should probably get one of those juice kegs now or something!

AyUxRlL.jpg
    Then another girl came down to sit at our table as well. She complained about how bad people at her dorm were at cleaning up their kitchen. I knew our dorm sometimes wasn't much better, but I decided to keep my mouth shut this time.

6guT1uf.jpg
    Siri eventually excused herself to go study at a nearby table, and then this other girl asked me if I had any vegetable seeds to spare. She wanted to plant some outside her dorm as soon as the snow had melted and the ground had thawed. Unfortunately I do not carry seeds around, so I had to disappoint her.

qMmdi9N.jpg

Inges notes:

iz46Ko3.jpg
    After exiting the bathroom, I still felt stupid for saying what I did and how Oliver didn't say anything, so I went over to play an arcade game when I got a phone call from Walter Fullman asking me for a date.

oB2ZXPT.jpg
    I told him no, because he was the slob that made such a mess out of our kitchen last sememster, and I don't want to date a slob. After this I thought I have had enough fun for the day, and it had already gotten quite late, so I went home and put myself to bed. I didn't want to pass out on the floor in the hallway again...

hR0zxud.jpg
    KySbSq3.jpg

Oliver Freddys notes:
    6nC2ZO8.jpg

Inge didn't return after going to the bathroom. I don't know where she went, but I hope she had gone home. I wanted to go home too, but I also wanted to be disciplined, so I didn't allow myself to put the book down until I had finished the chapter about quantum mechanics... Joanie from class also came to my table to have a burger. She had also struggled to grasp todays lecture, so I wasn't the only one.

7RlBZRd.jpg

Once home I stopped out in the hallway for a while to try to remember what I had just read before going to bed for the night. Now I just have to remember to buy that juice keg and throw that party next month!

yNEZIw8.jpg
    7JHmbNC.jpg
    th1das9.png

@Sprottenham love seeing Oliver Freddy get out of bed with his flippers on :D

wow that is some crazy attire for such cold weather!

Oliver Freddys face during the lecture! :D

aw flirting is always so cute!

:D at the streaker! She must have forgotten to change her clothes to then go dancing! Too funny that no one reacts to it!

Yay Eddy the great student, asleep in class! :D

Oh No full moon and were wolves here at Uni? poor Oliver Freddy and his fears! Oh it is a form of mental illness that runs in his family.

LOL juice pong and throwing the ball in the guys mouth! great!

Aw poor Inge telling Oliver Freddy she loves him and he ignores her. That will not help this poor girl who always feels she is a loser.

Ah looking forward to the keg party next month! I hope it will be fun for him and Inge, and let them socialize a bit more together. The studies must be very difficult!
    @DivaDoodle I don't know how streakers are supposed to act, my sims usually aren't the ones to run around in the nude.. maybe she should have gotten dressed before dancing, but her clothes were glitched? I don't know.. I had to search up Denise Frink on the sims wiki, and there it says that she actually is a student at university. Well, she is no more in my game! She probably got kicked out for running around naked...

As for Oliver Freddy and his illness, it stems from his grandmother, Eirin, and probably goes even further back than that. I actually wanted Eirin to have the eccentric personality trait, but that wasn't available to me, because I only had the base game in the beginning, so she got what I thought was closest; the insane personality trait. Of course, then I didn't know what implications that would have, and that she would pass on this gene to pretty much all her children and even grandchildren... :frowning:

I hope there exists a cure for it..

Yep, I hope they will have a great party, too. ;) Just as long as it won't hurt their studying and grades!
    th1das9.png

@Spsrottenham well what I have seen in others stories the streakers come around during the bonfires/keg parties and just seem to get an urge to strip and run around with their hands up in the air! LOL It's pretty funny!
    In r/l I saw a couple streakers, it was funny because it was unexpected, it was during the 70's in the hallway of a coed dorm and also across the stage of an outdoor concert. :D LOL just a popular thing to do at that time. just a crazy thing. One even streaked during the Oscars! haha just ran across the stage and the host was laughing at it. Silly times! :D

Looking forward to the party! should be a lot of fun for them! :smile: