Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Temperance and Guidry *possible spoilers*

Is it me or developers try to tell us some story here? :)

According to what happens, personalities, dialogues, even sounds of haunted houses (like, baby laughing), I can conclude that, in short:
1. Temperance and Guidry had an affair or even were a couple.
2. Temperance possibly was pregnant or maybe just told Guidry that she wanted a baby with him.
3. Bonehilda was a maid in their house.
4. Temperance caught them both and died of anger (she has "jealous" trait, Guidry is always flirty and so is Bonehilda).
5. She became an angry ghost and the rest is shown in the Paranormal Stuff pack.

What do you think? :)

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    That's a great theory, I like it a lot.

My thought was that he died long before meeting Temperance. (He died in 1922 I think? And Temperance's clothes are very '60's.) She was an aspiring medium and he took her on as a paranormal investigator. They might have fallen in love, or he at least flirted with her. She found out he wasn't that committed, and that made her mad at him. She either died from that, or she died during an exorcism and blames Guidry for not protecting her.

She either sabotages you on your jobs as revenge against Guidry (since you got your license from him), or to make you fail and discourage you from following the same path that lead to her death.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    By the way, her Surname in my game is Imao :)
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I remember the livestream mentioning that they have a history, but it is probably deliberately vague so the players can imagine whatever I want.

I wouldn't really lump Bonehilda into their drama since she always seems to be just doing her thing, but I do find it fairly likely that Temperance would not like the two being alone since they are so flirty.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I think they were a couple. Did anyone manage to calm Temperance down ? My sim was friendly with her but she just got even more angry and she hates my sim now.
  • intothehorizoneintothehorizone Posts: 88 Member
    edited January 2021
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think they were a couple. Did anyone manage to calm Temperance down ? My sim was friendly with her but she just got even more angry and she hates my sim now.

@dianesims i saw on a 'share your screenshots' thread that someone managed to flirt with her; she looked pink (and later green) as opposed to her normally red hue in the screenshots, so i think it is possible to calm her down? i've yet to properly try, though.
  • Faust-RSIFaust-RSI Posts: 209 Member
    I've managed to change her moods several times with even stronger emotions, like "Manage emotions" ability teens can get or vampiric emotion influence. My Sim is now best friend with her, he also made her a Mage and invited her to join the First Order (lol) - but this didn't change her behaviour much. Except now when standing calmly she puts out her blaster :DD
  • quicksand678quicksand678 Posts: 1 New Member
    What do you think? :)

I came up with a theory. Temperance is the daughter of Guidry. She is mad at her father for:
    A. Dying
    B. Having an affair with the maid, "Bonehilda", though I doubt that is her real name.
    C. Hurting her mother.

One of the sounds is a door shutting, possibly Temperance's mother walking out or Guidry walking out (Or being kicked out). Another sound is a knock at the door, possibly Temperance checking on her mother. And a baby laughing, the child born out of Guidry's affair or Temperance as a baby. This is my theory because of the obvious difference in the style of Temperance and Guidry. One is Early 1900's (Probably the 20s) and the other is probably the 60's.

Thoughts? Questions?

Also, my sim for my paranormal adventure is guidry's girlfriend and they have woohooed, which is an achievement.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Is more of the story unfolded in the paranoid career by any chance?
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    "Paranormal"! Man, I hate autocorrect...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I've always wondered who would win a fight, Temperance or Mrs. Crumplebottom? They both have anger issues. >:):D
  • QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I've always wondered who would win a fight, Temperance or Mrs. Crumplebottom? They both have anger issues. >:):D

I think Temprance’d probably win, but it’d be nasty and involve stuff like personal insults such as “I bet your husband died when he realized who he’d married!” and “at least he loved me at all, you were stupid to think that cad wanted anything more than a quick woohoo!” Either way though, unless they dragged it out until sunrise/spooky despawn hour, Temperance has unnatural endurance on her side.

Honestly, I think the whole “Anges and Agatha are immoral” thing was a callback to TS2 where Agatha was one of those NPCs that’d break your game if you accidentally poked her with the wrong stick. Also they don’t want their roles being taken by randomly generated sims, unlike the mayor who they probably don’t care about. Honestly, I find the idea of a bitter old lady who just never dies kind of funny tbh.
  • GreenTurtleGreenTurtle Posts: 153 Member
    For spellcasters, there's also a little easter egg concerning the potions of forced friendship and transcendent charmer. ;)

• MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    The Pleasants from Sims 2 but make it ghostly