Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @SoulGal7

Oh, opps! You posted while I was typing up comments and didn't see it. Sorry about that! o.O
    Anyway, Congrats to Sakura for completing the Beach Life aspiration! Yay! \o/ Congrats also to Wolfgang for his promotion to Conservation Director! Go Wolfgang! Oh cool, Ren and Ken joined the Drama Club! They look good in their uniforms for it. :) Oh how fun they went diving together, and both found coins. Don't you just love that kiss in the water animation!? What a romantic night for them eh?

Love your daily post pic of the volcano with the northern lights in the sky, gorgeous! A lot of beautiful screenshots! That's one thing I love about this world, it's so, so beautiful! And Kava on the deck to cap off the evening. Very relaxed update for these two, Sulani just has that vibe eh? I'm SO looking forward to Wednesday when Essa and Josh start their relaxing month in Sulani! <3
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 239 - The Cure

ZV87Iwm.jpg
    Caleb came over to concoct the cure he had been working on.
    CA4fZgh.jpg
    Qd2gcHj.jpg

Alright ladies, bottoms up! (@Ellupelluellu, I did consider leaving Ruby a vampire like you predicted she'd want to be, but I felt like Sulani would be a lot more enjoyable for her next month if she weren't a vampire so I decided just to change her back)
    9Q4jIvq.jpg

And so, just as dramatically as they had turned into vampires, they were suddenly transformed back into their human forms.
    3cD7lfR.jpg
    x5kB26F.jpg

Caleb really does look quite pleased with the results.
    krQ8ceI.jpg

And for everyone else, I used MCCC cheats to put them back into their human forms. I did enjoy the little pop up that came up afterwards.
    WsdYNpv.png

And as for Lydia - well, she finally got her happy ending <3
    nmppe34.jpg
    WYbkfsG.jpg
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 30: "First love survives, last love thrives..."

zoACCvd.png

Notes
    89tDBlX.png
    As a thunderstorm raged outside, the family reunion continued. Everyone had a good time dancing and chatting together, including Grim.

l9aq7O6.png
    Being the observant and protective Father that he was, Josh couldn't help but notice the way Morgyn was looking at Jessah.
    (I know that look. He's too old for her. She's just a kid.)
    (But...Essa was a kid when we met and fell in love.)
    (Plus, Morgyn's trustworthy and honorable. I like him.)
    (And I trust Jessah, she's smart. She'll be fine...If she likes him too.)
    (Just keep your paws off her until she's a little older and we're good.)

(Do not worry Josh. I have nothing but the utmost respect for your daughter. Yes, I am very fond of her, but I will not betray your trust and will honor your wishes. I give you my word as a gentleman and a respected Sage.)

Josh freaked out a little realizing that Morgyn had read his mind. But he was comforted by his words, so he just slightly nodded when Morgyn looked at him.

ayWSIZl.png
    Just as Cordelia had known would happen, it wasn't long before Greg was summoned back to work. He and his sister quickly waved their goodbyes and both disappeared in a cloud of black smoke. Arrangements had been made for Simeon to transportalate Cordelia's coffin to Greg's house since she would be living with him and Veera. At least for the time being.

Simeon and Morgyn also said their goodbyes and transportalated back to HQ. Essa, Josh and the twins would meet them at the portal tomorrow before magic classes began for the day. It was quite late, so the girls went to bed while Essa and Josh spent some quiet time alone together.

hcgzYHb.png
    The next morning Simeon gave Essa the Rites of Ascension again as did Morgyn give them to Josh. Jessah stood by watching her Father become the powerful Virtuoso he had been in the past once more.

*Note - I was pleasantly surprised to find that Essa and Josh did not have to learn spells or potions all over again! They kept all that knowledge, and their ranks as well. Plus, they were each given all the perk points they had earned to use however they wished.

a2AssZ9.png
    Josh gave Jessah magic training while Josee dueled with another student. Unfortunately, she lost. There will be plenty of duels in her future though and she will be victorious one day with more experience.

9reRZRf.png
    After Josee's defeat, Essa offered to train her, of which she agreed. They were a little too close to each other though and this weird glitch happened as a result. :D

It was time for Jessah and Josee to go to classes, so Essa and Josh said their goodbyes to them after following them inside HQ. They wanted to look for L. before they left to go back to Forgotten Hollow and pack up their belongings. The girls would stay in Glimmerbrook until their training was complete and perhaps meet their parents in Sulani at a later date. We shall see how it goes.

8Hr933t.png
    "Hello my dear child, it's so good to see you again! I trust you are well?"
    "Hi Mom, great to see you too! I'm good and guess what? I'm not a vampire anymore. I'm a Spellcaster again."
    "Oh, that is fantastic news!"

pUnTHjm.png
    "Josh! Come here, of course I want a hug from you too!"
    "Hey L., you're looking good."
    "Of course I am, I always look good. With a little help, but I'm allowed to cheat a little at my age, right?"
    "Sure, why not?"
    "And you are looking as handsome as ever."

7IjS3Ic.png
    "Well now, what's this? You're planning not to get married here in the Realm now? What about all the plans I've made? All the food and decorations. What should I do with it now? Just throw it all away? A bit rude, don't you think?"
    "Uh, um, we, eh...how did you know? Did Essa tell you already? We were going to tell you soon. I promise."

PIMbPNm.png
    "Relax Josh, I'm just yanking your chain. Being the Sage of Mischief isn't just a title. I like to have little fun now and then. I read your mind dear boy. It's perfectly alright. I understand. The two of you are adults now and have been together for years. You have teenage daughters. It just makes sense you'd want to do something a little more low key. Don't worry about that other stuff either. I was just kidding, there's no food yet and the decorations can be saved for perhaps one of your daughters' weddings."
    "Oh, thank God, cool. You got me! But *whew* so glad you're not angry. Last thing we'd want is to upset you L."
    "I know. I hope you will at least perhaps have a reception to celebrate with your family and friends?"
    "We haven't talked about anything like that, but I think it's doable. Essa?"

"Oh yeah, definitely doable!"
    "Excellent! Well now, I do still have something to plan then now don't I?"
    "Yes you do!"
    Josh said with a smile and a laugh.

CNfW8wP.png
    "A big reception will be fun getting everybody together again like we did this weekend. We'll invite lots of friends for you to meet too and--"
    "Cordelia? Did I read your mind right? Cordelia is back? She is! Oh my..."

(Oh man, Josh, I should've taught you how to mask your thoughts. Dangit!)
    (Uh oh, Simeon's in trouble now.)

vpA1VNQ.png
    "I did not think this day would ever come. I should've expected it though."
    "I am happy for you dear Essa. Now you can know your 'real' Mother."

"Aww Mom, you'll always be my Mom. That's not going to change. I love you!"
    "I know dear, and I love you too."

Ypf1OS9.png
    (Why did Simeon not tell me? I know how important it was to him to find her. She was the...love of his life. Does he want to be with her again instead of....me?)

QnYTdyE.png
    (Simmie Dear, why did you not tell me that Cordelia has been found and released? And why did you mask your thoughts from me about it? I think I deserve an explanation! Don't you think?)

cL0m5g0.png
    (I planned to tell you tonight, when everyone was asleep and we were alone. I'm sorry I didn't tell you right away. I didn't even know for sure it was her, until yesterday.)

2siYXff.png
    (Did you tell her about us?)

CmUEFrt.png
    (Yes, of course I did. I love you L., please don't worry. You have my heart now. You know I'll always love her, I've told you so. But our time together ended a long time ago. You are the one I love and want to be with. Trust me. Do you believe me?)

pzEGa4c.png
    (Oh good answer Simmie Dear! Yes, I believe you. I love you too. Where are you now?)
    (In the bedroom.)
    (Perfect! I'll be right there.)

"Alright, well, this is not how I wanted to find out Cordelia is back. But I am happy for you Essa and it will give closure and peace of mind to your Father. I must go now, but I'm sure I will see both of you again very soon."

L. hugged both Essa and Josh again before walking away at a brisk pace to meet Simeon. They had some things to discuss...if they ever made it out of bed that night. L. planned to give Simeon a taste of what he'd be missing if he even thought for a nanosecond she'd let him go for...her.

oZxXCWk.png
    Essa and Josh went outside intending to transportalate home in a few minutes.

"I'm so sorry Essa, I didn't know she could read my mind. I thought she could only read your mind and the other Sages."
    "It's okay, it's not your fault. I should've taught you how to mask your thoughts...I was so happy to have a real Mother, I didn't even think about how L. would feel about her back in their lives. Did you see the look on her face? She seemed so sad, like she thought Dad would, would want to be with Cordelia again instead of her."

"Is it wrong of me to...not want them back together? I mean, don't most children want there parents to love each other and be with each other? It's obvious Dad still loves her. You don't kiss just anyone like the way he kissed her. But, I know and love L. and I don't really know my real Mother, not yet. I love the idea she's my Mother, but, I--"

51h933m.png
    "Hey, hey, it's okay. I wouldn't worry about any of it, you heard your Dad tell Cordelia that he loved L. now, right?" Essa nodded that she did.

"She knows it's over between them. And did you see the look on L.'s face as she was standing there after I said that? She was 'talking' to your Dad. Then she got a satisfied smirk on her face and left. I bet she left to be with him. They're good. And that kiss? Well, your Mother was his first love. You never forget your first love, of course he still has feelings for her. It doesn't mean he should be with her now, and he doesn't want to be."

"You're right, as always. Thanks, you almost always manage to keep a cool head about things, it's amazing. Just like despite you had every right to do it, you never beat up Damon either. And you know what else?"

"What's that?"

"You're right again, you never forget your first love. You're my first love and I'll love you forever. Okay, enough about all this, let's go home!"
    "Sounds good to me!"

WNycYRp.png
    Essa and Josh intended to pack up the house of all their belongings to store while they were in Sulani, but since they were Spellcasters again, it wouldn't take any time at all to do. They decided that since it was a beautiful night in Forgotten Hollow, they would spend some time cloudgazing for awhile instead.

Tomorrow they would transportalate to their new rental in Sulani. Who knew what adventures would be waiting for them there? They were both looking forward to just being able to relax and unwind in paradise without a care in the world.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited August 2021
    *Updated my August 30th post above! I'll get started on comments next, hopefully finish them before I have to go! Hope everyone has a wonderful day/night! <3
    @permanentrose
    So everyone is back to their old boring human selves again eh? :D That pop up was hilarious! I'm sure I'll see it many times later tonight when I cure most of those Essa turned. On a side note, Jules and Sakura never did turn. I had plans to turn them both anyway which I can do later tonight as well. Did you still want Jules to be a vampire? Let me know. :) Good idea curing Ruby. She will be able to enjoy Sulani more easily that way. Especially if she hadn't earned enough points for Perfect Sun Resistance. I just cheated to give it to all my Sims, except Essa, she earned her's by the book. :) Nice to see Lydia got her happy ending too! Hope you have fun in September, I know Essa and Josh sure will, perhaps Josee and Jessah too. ;) Especially if I age them up to YA, which I just might do. We'll see... ;)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited September 2021
    August 31 - Good-bye Sulani!

a-loving-kiss-in-the-waterfall.png
    Sakura and Wolfgang are very happy in Sulani and after chatting together last night, have decided to stay here....for awhile anyway.

playing-in-waterfall.png

playing-with-wolfgang-and-sakura.png

waterfall-full-shot.png

Sakura and Wolfgang have found the perfect paradise to share their love with each other. And Sakura is so happy, that after all the miscommunication and sadness that she endured over several months, that she really and truly has found her forever love in Wolfgang. And Wolfgang has found that special someone in Sakura.

watrfall-woohoo-start.png

Who knows, they may even decide to have another nooboo...or they might not...

a-happy-goodbye-from-sulani.png

love-in-sulani.png

totally-in-love-in-sulani.png

But whatever they decide to do, we know they will be happy. Farewell all, from Sulani, from Sakura and Wolfgang and their family!

a-fond-farewell-to-the-munch-clan.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

As we look at the lovely photo of Sakura, Wolfgang, Ren, Ken, Kyra, Riki and Hana on the sandy shores outside their beach house in Sulani, this will be the last time we see them. Sakura and Wolfgang have decided to stay in Sulani for an extended amount of time. The hustle and bustle of the 'One Day, One Month, One World Challenge" is a bit too fast-paced for how they want to live as sims. So, they have decided to slow things down and fully explore worlds, relationships with Wolfgang's family, and Sergio and Joaquin (Sakura's big brothers), and all the weddings, birthday, etc., before they have to move on. And so, with a sad good-bye, this is the end of seeing the day to day lives of Sakura and Wolfgang and their family. They will, of course, continue on their journey, but at a slower pace. And they thank you all for reading about their adventures and misadventures since the beginning of the year. They are very happy and in love together, and Sakura knows that this is the best choice for her and her family. She wishes you all well.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

HI everyone! This will be my last personal post for this challenge. I have decided that I can't keep up the daily posts or daily photos for that matter, since I can't play this save everyday. And so, I have decided that I won't be participating in this challenge any longer. I have a lot of ideas for storylines for Sakura, however, it all takes time, and often, it detracts from doing what this challenge was supposed to do, and that is, completing aspirations. I will, still, of course, read and follow all your stories and try to comment when I can. Thank you to @Karababy52 for creating this challenge and good luck to @Karababy52 @permanentrose @Ellupelluellu and @miss_eulenauge in finishing the challenge and completing the aspirations! It has been a pleasure reading all of your stories and getting to know all of your characters, and also a bit about you, too. Take care.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    Update 240 - Reunited

TZve1RP.jpg
    Just one photo today. Emmett finally made it home from the military, and Jules shared all that had happened over the last month. It was crazy to think that Emmett had missed all of the craziness, but she was glad that it was time for them all to move on. They both agreed they needed a long vacation after the stress of the past month, so they decided to rent a house in Sulani and take an extended stay there.

I downloaded a house for them and have started editing it already. I'm gonna include that all in tomorrow's update though, which is why this one is so short. And if I don't get around to comments tonight, tomorrow I for sure will be able to sit down and do them!
    @permanentrose -
    Yeah! Emmett came home and then tomorrow they head to Sulani! What a wonderful last chapter for the month :)

And the transformation for Jules, Ruby...and soon everyone else. Yes, I agree that Ruby would enjoy Sulani a whole lot more as a boring human. lol That was a fun pop-up. Who knows...maybe she will find something and decide to eat it...and...turn into something else! teehee! Caleb is a hottie in your game! Woot!

@Karababy52 -
    So glad everything worked out for Essa and Josh...and now they are not getting married in the Realm. And they are again spellcasters. Woot! Oh Josh...L read your mind...and now knows Cordelia is back. Oh my...she must be having some doubts about her and Simeon's relationship. But all is well, and Simeon tells L that she is his love. Very nice. And hehehe...Morgyn has his eye on Jessah! and Josh speaks to him telepathically telling to lay off until she gets a bit older. lol Josh is very protective of his daughters. I thought that was quite funny. Just overall a wonderful chapter...although I was kind of sad not to see them get married at the end of this.

@Ellupelluellu -
    Oh my gosh! The woohoo party! What a hoot! Yes, the autonomous woohoo happened with Sakura and Wolfgang after she gave birth to triplets! lol Melody and Malcolm certainly give wild parties! hehehe And Sakura and Brian head up to the bedroom...well, everywhere else was probably occupied by the looks of things. teehee And Jules wanting to take home all the kitties and doggo...this is just like Jules' character, I love it! And the pic of River as a lifeguard....that is a great shot. I just loved this update. So much fun! hehehe
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member

Doing comments tomorrow, now that last part of the update, as short as I can.

Mx8

August, day 24

cmYTy6P.png
    The one for aspiration and birthdays, part 3 .
    pNZE6ub.png
    Malcolm had kids with him after work, he too still suffers from that kava party :)

yYveVfQ.png
    Naturally first thing to do when back home :)

ehGbGfT.png
    Here too..
    8pd52BZ.png
    Oh.. someone has a bd!
    And Malcolm, stop looking so annoyed!
    z64fZdI.png
    Yep, here are both of our bd girls..
    Molly: "?????? Meow???"
    Yes, you too.

Qf2mPyH.png
    LdoNaZ9.png
    Poor Melanie, she had to go all the way to the sauna to hug Milly, who was indeed investigating wonders of the steam room :p

s8DgcFp.png
    Mona:"OH NO!!"
    PBuZyi0.png
    Mona:"Naah, not so bad after all!"

3ELatF4.png
    kToB6ZP.png
    All loved the cake!

IiPO2E4.png
    Someone else aged too.. Molly.
    IbnuqrD.png
    9Rx11c2.png
    <3

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @SoulGal7
    I won't lie, I am sad to see you leave the challenge, but I completely understand your reasons for leaving, and I think you got Sakura and Wolfgang and the rest of their family to a really great place and I'm happy they all had such a happy ending <3

Super cool daily shot for your August 15 post! Congrats on finishing the aspiration! I think I'm gonna have to cheat and make Jules' sleep need really low to complete that one since she has so many reward traits that she never has to sleep haha. Love those shots of the ocean too - sunset and sunrise in Sulani are just so gorgeous. Actually. Sulani is just so gorgeous all the time. I'm excited to do it next month. I love that water kiss too <3

Your last post made me tear up a bit. A bittersweet goodbye for sure. Love that they got a waterfall woohoo too <3 What a wonderful family and journey you've had. I've loved following your story, and if you ever do play Sakura again and post updates somewhere, let me know, I will be sure to read it <3

@Karababy52
    It's great to see your whole family back together! It's nice to see the twins again :) It's so great they are getting to know their whole family, and Essa's family has really come together over this challenge and become something special, and I'm glad that the girls get to know their grandparents. I love that Essa can have a relationship with her parents now - you really did a good job tying all your ideas together! Cordelia is a really nice looking sim too! She definitely looks like Greg's sister.

Your next daily shot of the portal in the Realm is so pretty! What a gorgeous world, and I love that it's so special to Essa. I'm glad you decided to make them all spellcasters again - being a spellcaster really suits Essa, and it's such a big part of her family too, and that's great to know that you didn't have to start at the beginning and have to have her re-learn everything or cheat her back to where she was. And it's the perfect time to have the girls get the rite of ascension too (that's what it's called, right, lol?) It makes sense for the girls to stay in the Realm and get their training and schooling done. Josh and Essa will get to enjoy Sulani without worrying about anyone else being around which will be nice for them. So are Josh and Essa gonna get married in Sulani then? :)

Whatever you want to do for Jules as far as being a vampire is good with me :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Lol, love the aftermath of that party :D Very fitting that Melody had a headache too haha. Nice group of sims Melody saw at the beach too, I do love seeing so many familiar faces in your game :) Josh really is a very nice stan haha. Very helpful and not creepy lol. Haha, River as the lifeguard is great. Other than the fact that he drowned once, I feel like he gives off lifeguard vibes. That pose he was doing was too funny too. Haha, love it that Mona showed up even though she's supposed to be with her grandparents. What mod do you have that allows toddlers to show up on their on community lots? I'd definitely be interested in that for my game. Cute that Mona had a little buddy to play with too.

Aw, Mona looks so cute all aged up with her kitty <3 Love her hairstyle!

@permanentrose , I use:

"morechildrenatbeaches"
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/inselleben-island-living/ (third from up)

"morechildrenatparks_version3" (version 3 as I do not want to have toddlers spawn at all parks)
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/sonstige-mods-misc-mods/ (you have to scroll down a bit :) )

edited September 2021
    August - Day 31: "Sulani Vacation Lot WIP"

fqr0kER.png

Notes

Tonight I'm working on tying up loose ends for Essa and Josh's move, including renovating a house for them I found on the Gallery by Airis6962 called Ocean Breeze. It'll most likely look much different than what you see above. However, I've already started remodeling it a little before I needed to stop and come here to post today's Daily post pic. I'll either update this post with the finished product, or that will be tomorrow's post.

I apologize for not being here much today, been busy with grocery shopping and other things. I'll be back to update either way with at least comments/replies. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3

Update 241 - Beach life, here we come!

u07ZyVm.jpg
    So everyone got a beach makeover, and I downloaded a house from the gallery, but I didn't end up making too many edits. I decided not to move any of their personal items in this month since I'm going to view it more as a vacation. Here's the outside of the house. I was too lazy to take indoor pics, you'll see stuff as I post this month though.
    rtLYbYX.jpg

And here's the house in gallery in case anyone was curious.
    Do00QjQ.png

The kids headed off to school for the day, so Jules and Emmett decided to soak in the rays. I decided to remove Jules' skin overlay and give her only a face overlay since she was so dark last time I let her get a tan. Let's see if this helps at all...
    r2gyFyl.jpg

I mean, she's still kind of orangish, lol, but it's not the worst. I suppose it can stay for now :)
    zsXcUbK.jpg

Since the kids were at school, Emmett and Jules decided to have some much needed alone time ;)
    XSuZygs.png
    8LtBMTd.png

After school, Ruby decided to bask in the evening sun.
    5GLS3fb.png

She's quite dark with that tan, but I think she can pull it off.
    nFgAFp2.png

Rowan immediately went for a swim as soon as he got home. I have the lot traits that allow for sims to call over a dolphin (I forget the name of the trait) so of course that's what Rowan did immediately. You can give kids a tan using MCCC, so I decided to give Rowan a nice, healthy glow too.
    ERbYItS.png
    amJ3Sfn.png
    J0QgSvy.png

As dusk fell, Jules and Emmett enjoyed the gorgeous colors of the Sulani sunset.
    xHIspxB.png

All at once, Jules took Emmett's hands in her own, and voiced something that had been on her mind.
    erBWoRp.png

"I know this might sound crazy, but now that life is settling back into a nice pace for us - what would you think of having another baby?" Jules asked, finding Emmett's gaze.

A small smile played on Emmett's lips. "I think it's a great idea. To be honest, it's been on my mind too. I grew up with such a big family, and I'd love to see ours grow too."

And literally after I snapped that last screenshot, Rowan decided to be a bear :D Are you guys sure you really want another small, crazy human to deal with LOL?
    JLRxGE6.png

Well, regardless, I sent Ruby and the small bear off to bed, and Emmett and Jules got to work on baby number three...
    3tJu5DG.png
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    I am sorry I am answering to your long comment this short.
    All arrived to Kava party as dizzy as I cheated the NAP on :p That drinking one :p
    All the woohoo happened on their own, I considered adding "Free Love" also, but gladly did not, so all woohoo happened with existing couples :)
    Yes Essa and Nik Jr did it twice.. so.. not sure is JOsh the one who likes to woohoo real badly.. maybe it is Essa`:D

Yes the after party was a bit messy. Melody REALLY had headache :D Nik Sr was fishing there already , with his whole suit and all.. but I made Melody to join him, what made him to quit fishing, change to swimsuit , walk 2 steps in water and back fishing :D
    -- LOvely update, nice look on L's face while communicating with Simeon :)
    -- Great looking house in Sulani!

@permanentrose ,
    Thank you for your comments :) Yes Melody really had an headache :D
    --- ahh, all back to normal sims then :) But hey I am the weirdo who loves vampires :D LOvely that everyone had someone to go t, even Lydia :)
    Tho I confess , I was secretly waiting Jules to be with Lydia :)
    -- And back with Emmett :) Lovely reunion!
    -- Lovely first pic!!!! Is Jules missing her face overlay in tanning pics? as she does not look like her.
    Nice hair Ruby has, and Rowan,, bear? In hot Sulani.. okay , you do you.

@SoulGal7 ,
    Thank you for your comments. Kava party turned to be pretty wild yes :)
    --All the best to Wolfie and Sakura.

@SoulGal7 ,
    ah I noticed now that you have your own challenge going on too. Well then no wonder you have no energy to this one :) Survivor ?? hah lots of drama, I assume :D at least all IRL seasons have :p

@Karababy52 Great house! I can't wait to see your renovations!

@Ellupelluellu
    Haha, I kind of wanted Jules and Lydia to get together too. A part of me was really tempted to make it happen - they really do have great chemistry ;) In another save, Jules and Lydia are both vampires and together as a couple, so maybe I'll play that save more when I finish this challenge.

Also I'm not sure what was happening with Jules' face in the sunbathing photo, but it does look off. I put just a face overlay on her (one that is similar to her full body one, but it just looked off, so I ended up doing the lightest version of her skin overlay while she's tan but i'll change it back once the tan fades
    September - Day 1: "House Renovation WIP Continues..."

QWkArzC.png

Notes

Still working on renovating this house but I think the exterior is finished. Here is a look at the back of the lot. I'll have a slideshow for the entire renovation, but this is all I have at the moment. Should have it finished tonight and be able to update this post and make comments later, hopefully. I apologize for how long this is taking, but I had some other lots to fix up a bit and place as well. Also, wardrobe updates, etc. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Update 242 - A relaxing Saturday

UrWH49w.jpg
    The next morning, Emmett decided to talk to Rowan about this new phase in his life and dressed up as a bear as well to offer his full support.
    QAwYKMP.jpg

Jules took a pregnancy test and had disappointing results. Both of her other pregnancies were unexpected and unplanned, so of course when I actually want to get her pregnant, it's gonna take some time haha.
    KiXc95a.png

Pickle still refuses to actually swim, but it looks like he's slowly overcoming his fear of the water.
    4l4pQ3o.png

Ruby invited Zane to come hang out for a bit.
    bwDS7UN.jpg

:)
    KF6em9Q.png
    Uui4il2.png

Jules decided to dig for shells for a bit.
    5utHdLF.png

While Jules dug, the pets watched her intently.
    p6wyfYH.png

I decided to split this day into two parts since I know I won't have time to play for a day or two, so stay tuned for more tomorrow :)

@Karababy52 , house looks great! :smiley:

@permanentrose , Awww.. Pickle looks so adorable there.. sitting in the water :p

Mx8

August, day 25

NOyxYlx.png
    The one with more birthdays .
    HRZJgTs.png
    Okay, one thing is clear, these two do not get along . Really.
    4ULO3TL.png
    Molly: "meoww.. that stoooopid cat sits in a kava bowl..!"

8FYwFpr.png
    Both cats love Micky tho. Who is a little clueless how to handle this lady problem.. what a dilemma to poor dog... after are those are cats!
    EbSjxQF.png
    Sometimes, even Molly and Milly agree over one thing.. Micky's chatting is sometimes.. a bit boring.. he acts sometimes like a pup still.

y5bghfe.png
    Mike and Micky
    QEqzzvF.png
    Melanie with Milly
    NOyxYlx.png
    And the whole trio :)

edited September 2021
    September - Day 2: "Renovation Complete!"

UUliwId.png

Notes
    The daily post pic is the completed front of the renovation. The only thing I really changed was to rearrange the landscaping a little bit, add the rocks (also added paint under them after this image was taken), and the BBQ pit area has four chairs instead of a picnic table and curtained awning. I changed a few things on the back part of the build, but didn't take a screenshot of it yet. It had 6 chaise lounges, there's only four now with a bar in the middle of them. Added Essa's easel, rocking chair, a couple plants, windchimes, sunbathing towels and lights on the deck railing posts, plus extended the area with the chairs/bar. I think that's it.

lRuFQH2.png
    Right Side View - the extended area has a grill and picnic table.

zyAkTRo.png
    Left Side View - extended area has a hot tub.

p5NPQyr.png
    1st Floor - Left to right is a gym/sauna area, bedroom, half bath behind the stairs, dining area, and finally living room/kitchen combo area. It was night time for them so I haven't taken any close-ups yet for a slideshow. I like to use the tab camera when doing that, so that will come later. I'm sure you'll see most of it when I post updates anyway. I will post a link to the slideshow when it's finished.

kxMl6Bm.png
    2nd Floor - Left to right is an en suite bathroom, bedroom, Hall area with a seating area, TV, Chess set, desk and computer. Lots of photos. Master bedroom, and en suite bathroom complete the floor.

jJMEMXo.png
    I also put down a restaurant I built a couple years ago called Barnacle Blake's Bistro. It features seafood, of course and all the waiters, greeter, chefs, etc. wear pirate costumes. There's an apartment upstairs accessible from a ladder in the kitchen, but I removed it so no one would go up there. You'll be seeing the interior and back dining area when Essa and Josh go out to dinner. I plan to get them out more this month.

JI4LmC2.png
    Speaking of getting out more, I also put down @Ellupelluellu 's Pebble Burrow Spa on the Caldera Camp lot. I renamed it Caldera Spa. They will be visiting here as well. So excited for the Spa Day refresh and glad I put this here for them to enjoy the new features!

lm8gb1a.png
    Just another view from the side, please excuse the white line, I had to take it in Manage Worlds. In the distance on the Key Point island lot is another build of mine, but it's a residence. I have screenshots if anyone is curious about it, let me know. Melody and Malcom live there. I plan to have the cousins spend a lot of time together this month.

OWm0dB5.png
    I promised you @permanentrose that I would give Jules a makeover for her dark mode and here she is! I hope you like her look, I personally love it! Her entire look is based around her every day outfit. I have never before seen the gray/teal/rose colored swatch and thought it was gorgeous!

MgNrXEX.png
    Here is the rest of her dark mode wardrobe. Although it's the black/gray hair color swatch, she kept her original hairstyle for formal. Next is athletic, sleep, party, swimwear, hot weather and finally cold weather. You have no idea how long it took me to create this look and wardrobe for Jules, but it was worth it in the end.

Kind of a short update, but I did A LOT of stuff to prepare for this month. Tomorrow's update will be actual gameplay. Essa and Josh got a new look and wardrobe for the month too, but you'll see it in my future updates. Yesterday's one screenshot will be the post for the day. I meant to update it, but took way too long in renovating, putting down lots, etc. Hope y'all understand.

I will do comments next, I apologize for being so far behind with those as well. Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @SoulGal7
    What a great update, love that waterfall so much, it's so romantic and great for Rags to Riches Sims. ;) I won't lie, I'm bummed that you will be ending the challenge, you've been here from the very beginning! But, you have your own challenge now. Thank you so much for all your wonderful suggestions and ideas over the months. I'll miss Sakura and Wolfgang and their adventures together. Thank you for giving this challenge a try, perhaps one day you might want to try it again in the future. We'll miss you! Take care and have fun! *Hugs* <3

Thank you for your sweet comments on my update, I had a lot of fun writing it! :) You thought they'd get married right away? Nah, that's coming up though, I know where they're getting married, just not when yet. ;)

@permanentrose
    Aww, absolutely love the reunion screenshot for your daily post. Home Sweet Home and now off to Sulani for a well deserved rest and relaxation. Looking forward to seeing the build you downloaded and any renovations you made to it. :)

Thank you for all your sweet comments about my update, I had a lot of fun tying all this up, it's been a long time getting there, but Essa finally knows both of her real parents and has relatives now! I'm glad you think Cordelia looks like Greg, she should. I used play with genetics using him to make her. :)

Great makeovers for Sulani for all your Sims! Love that group shot in front of the house. :) I wasn't going to put down any personal items either for Essa and Josh, but I ended up doing it anyway in the end. I've just gotten so used to seeing all their mementos and photos around the house. Ah well...Great house! It's so light and airy looking! Love that the canoe has it's own docking area. Cool! May I just say that Jules is SO cute without the overlay. I mean she's cute with it, but I really like her without it too. Glad it worked for her to get a tan, she looks good. :)

Ruby looks great with her tan too! Very cool Rowan as able to get a tan too and play with a dolphin! I love that feature. Is the lot trait, Ocean Paradise? Not sure. Whoa! Another baby? Very cool. Well I guess Sulani is the perfect place to do that since the aspiration is so laid back. Give them something else to do while there. Lots to do anyway, but you know what I mean. Hilarious Rowan decided to be a bear. hehe A lemon bear! Fun update! :)

Aww, so sweet how Emmett dressed as a bear to support Rowan. What a good Dad! Oh man, sorry for laughing but sheesh! When she wants to get preggers, nope. I'm sure it'll happen though. I've only had that happen a couple times. It's rare. Oh, oh, look at his face! He looks so sad and scared. What a cute screenshot! I hope he eventually does like to swim. Fav screenshot of the update! Well, well, Hello Zane! Love the kiss in the water, so cute and romantic. Go Ruby! Their pets have such expressive faces. hehe I wonder if they think she's looking for something SHE buried before or something. hehe

@Ellupelluellu
    Gah! I imagine it's torture trying to take care of three toddlers with a hangover headache. Poor Malcom. :D Aww, such a cute face Mona was making before she blew out her candles. hehe She is absolutely adorable! I knew she would be. :) I want some of that cake, it looks so good! Molly still looks cute as ever too! And still as lovey dovey as ever. :)

No apologies necessary my dear! Just because I blather on and on doesn't mean you have to do the same in your updates. hehe Oh, the NAP! Okay, I have those turned off now that they aren't in Evergreen Harbor anymore.

So fun how you had all those couples autonomously woo hoo. hehe Lots of randy Sims eh? ;) Oh, you know, maybe you're right! Maybe it is Essa that is the one always wanting some lovin'. hehe Of course, it could be both of them too. Good thing I don't have MCCC and risky woo hoo. They'd probably have a dozen kids by now. HAHA! :D

Ohh, okay, thanks for the explanation. Nik Sr. looks good in yellow. It was fun just watching L. to see what faces she would make for me for that part of the update. She has a very expressive face. hehe She was listening to Josh and Essa talk too, so that helped. ;) Thanks about the house, the creator did a great job with it! It just happens to be another by Airis6962. She built the house they had in Britechester too. :)

HAHA! So funny how those two don't get along and the other goes to sit in the Kava bowl. Oh man, that sideways look from Mickey is adorable. I love it how dogs do that in real life too. They ALL look fantastic as children. Great job Melody and Malcom, you make very beautiful children together.
    Update 243 - Coconuts and cooking

bRgf0Im.jpg
    I decided to give them that simple living lot trait, so they'll need to shop or grow all their food which should be a fun challenge. I think I'll aim to do that for the rest of this challenge, even though it's specifically a CL feature. It just feels so much more realistic this way.

So Emmett made a call to get some groceries delivered. He ordered some coconuts too so Jules can do that part of the aspiration later.
    fzWvHwk.jpg

And here's our delivery! How fitting that a local is the delivery person - that's Kalamainu'u Iona, one of the pre-made mermaids.
    sgdJZfQ.png
    nS69r18.png

Let's give her a tip. She really did arrive so promptly :)
    jZCT472.png

Yep, there she goes, off into ocean...
    vFU0EZY.png

Jules and Ruby decided to cook up some dinner with their newly delivered groceries. I love that cooking can be a team effort now.
    Q6Pbr8I.jpg

And so they all sat down to enjoy some fresh sushi. I really have no idea how Rowan is holding his fork in that costume LOL.
    P7diuGO.jpg

"So how long are you gonna wear that stupid bear costume for?"
    KeR04VY.jpg

"Ruby, be nice!"
    "...sorry."
    xVRcpMV.jpg

Well, I guess maybe a little teasing from Ruby was all Rowan needed to get out of this phase. Glad to see this cutie's face again.
    7V3D0cC.png

Then I remembered the coconuts, so Jules decided to try one, though she seemed a little unsure at first.
    jfvu8hy.png

After a moment though, she looked inspired. Perhaps she's thinking of some cool recipes she could try out with coconuts.
    3NM08Zn.png
    Nhd1dzK.png

Baby making time again....but yet again, they were not successful :( (Note: I have “try for a baby” disabled in my game. I’m using risky woohoo only so for now I’m up for the challenge of trying to get Jules fo conceive the hard way lol)
    134wlxD.jpg
    edited September 2021
    @Karababy52 @Ellupelluellu @permanentrose @miss_eulenauge

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know I am still lurking and reading your stories. Thank you so much for the thoughts about my decision to leave this challenge. Yes, I know...I was here from the start of this challenge, and the decision to leave really didn't have anything to do with my new challenge. The new challenge was one that I had thought about a year ago. So, anyway, thank you for your kind comments, and I do miss you all and the day-to-day banter that we had with our wacky stories. If I had to do this challenge again, I would do it with a single sim. That way, I could just focus on the one sim and the aspirations, and not be deterred by storylines lol. Maybe have them get married near the end and have kids then to complete the Parent Aspirations (I know those aspirations are not part of a world, but those are ones I wanted to complete). Even though I know this challenge was to just post a photo a day, we all wrote great stories for our sims, and that was so much fun. That was the part I liked the most, but just didn't have time for. Anyway, have a great day/night everyone. And happy simming! :)
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7 Glad you're still lurking around. Don't be a stranger :)

@Karababy52
    Your house looks really great! Really nice work with all your renovations and details. The hot tub area is really nice, I may have to add one to my house now too! Your community lots look great too! And on to Jules - LOVE her vampire look! You're right, that hair looks super cool! Thank you for taking the time to really make her look so good in all her outfit categories, I do appreciate all your hard work! I love the slight hint of teal in her everyday outfit, and her formal outfit is probably my favorite out of all the other categories. Definitely leave her as a vampire in your game - it would be a shame to not appreciate all that hard work :) Behind the scenes stuff takes a while, and I for one miss having the time to do all that tedious behind the scenes stuff in my game, but I'm making due as best as I can. Looking forward to this month, I'm glad we both decided to do Sulani! I definitely enjoy doing the same world as others when I can.

Thanks for the compliment about Jules and her lack of overlay too. I ended up putting on the lightest version of it since I felt like she wasn't looking quite like herself, but maybe I'll have to try out and see if I can get used to her with just a face overlay, since it is more subtle. I still don't like how orange she is with her tan, but I'm adjusting to it more since I'm letting it run it's natural course.

The only thing that makes me nervous about letting them try for another baby is that I still have room for twins in my household, and I really just want ONE more kid haha. I am curious to see how long it will take for me to get her pregnant though, since I'm gonna try to do it without adding the "try for baby" option back into my game and just let risky woohoo do it's thing.

@Ellupelluellu
    What a great looking crew of kids! They all got such unique looks - I do enjoy seeing how sim genetics end up working out. The aged up pets look great too! So what world are you doing next month?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top