Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sept. 2021 Paid content speculation

Comments

• Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    I'd bet more than 99.99% of TS3 players didn't own the entire store.

Really ??? $30 per month isn't expensive.

Depends on the budget it's coming out of. I've had periods of time where I barely had $10 a month to spend on fun stuff, let alone $30.
    Not that I played Sims 3, but the point still stands as there are always crafting supplies, gaming books, reading books, and CG art assets to purchase.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    edited August 2021
    Game Pack
    I want updated babies like in TS Freeplay :( How long will it take? :(
  • Options
    DivaDogsDivaDogs Posts: 20 Member
    Game Pack
    I think that a game pack is next, just based on the order.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Apparently we’re getting the next patch on September 7 (Tuesday) and I suppose that’s also when we’re getting the game pack refresh. Things are not looking good for paid content in September unless we get another patch later in the month.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited August 2021
    Stuff Pack
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    Apparently we’re getting the next patch on September 7 (Tuesday) and I suppose that’s also when we’re getting the game pack refresh. Things are not looking good for paid content in September unless we get another patch later in the month.

I still think it's possible, they already did it a long time ago.

September 1, 2015 : Tuesday Patch
    September 24, 2015 : Thursday Patch
    September 29, 2015 : SP04 Spooky Stuff

With SP24 missing (probably January), there is not a lot of choice for SP19 : September or December
    (Nothing in October and EP12 in November)

lz8r8z6hnsaj.png
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    Stuff Pack
    elelunicy wrote: »

Is that a rumor? Where did someone say that? Is there more info?
  • Options
    Strangerville_HeroStrangerville_Hero Posts: 18 Member
    Kit
    They seem to be wanting to increase the number of kits because they are so new. They have been making a lot of kits recently. Maybe they will make another CAS or gameplay kits.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited August 2021
    Maybe they already have made more kits and are just waiting for their release to be sheduled. I mean, we already know that there is 1 more pack labelled SP in the works that we did not get yet. No if you take into account that kits are labelled as SP in the game folder, this pack (SP19) could very well be a kit. I also thought I heard someone saying that the Industrial Loft Kit is labelled SP25. In that case, there'll also be SP24 that has not yet been released, which might as well be another kit.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    Stuff Pack
    They seem to be wanting to increase the number of kits because they are so new. They have been making a lot of kits recently. Maybe they will make another CAS or gameplay kits.

I hope. We have three build mode kits, and 1 of both gameplay and CAS. That's not an awesome ratio
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    edited August 2021
    Game Pack
    Anything could still release in August.

I'm skeptical

According to the Tweet from the Sims. Before the end of the summer they will launch an update GP and kit.

So if they consider Aigust the end of the summer, what happened to refreshing a game pack?

Ok, I saw someone mention we are getting a patch on Sept. 7, so the pack refresh will probably come with that.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,971 Member
    Game Pack
    Really hoping it's an Occult based GP, we get them like every 4 years and 2021 is one of those special years where New or Familiar Occults usually show up, it really sucks that the Occult playerbase is stuck on Olympic years while the rest of the player base have to wait a couple months, we have to wait every 4 years for new GPs that suits our playstyle.

That’s not really true. We have realm of Magic, Vampires, Aliens, Mermaids and Ghosts, paranormal I would also consider occultist. So we have 5 occultist type of packs in 7 years. I’m not a big fan of occult’s, but I also don’t mind getting them. But we do get them more often than every 4 years, just not always in GP form. I wouldn’t mind a werewolf pack myself, because I figure they will give us body hair before it’s release which I am looking forward to.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Really hoping it's an Occult based GP, we get them like every 4 years and 2021 is one of those special years where New or Familiar Occults usually show up, it really sucks that the Occult playerbase is stuck on Olympic years while the rest of the player base have to wait a couple months, we have to wait every 4 years for new GPs that suits our playstyle.

That’s not really true. We have realm of Magic, Vampires, Aliens, Mermaids and Ghosts, paranormal I would also consider occultist. So we have 5 occultist type of packs in 7 years. I’m not a big fan of occult’s, but I also don’t mind getting them. But we do get them more often than every 4 years, just not always in GP form.

This.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Game Pack
    Anything could still release in August.

I'm skeptical

According to the Tweet from the Sims. Before the end of the summer they will launch an update GP and kit.

So if they consider Aigust the end of the summer, what happened to refreshing a game pack?

Ok, I saw someone mention we are getting a patch on Sept. 7, so the pack refresh will probably come with that.

Tomorrow something might happen. The promotion of the articles that came with Cottage Living ends. Even so, there are 20 days until the end of the summer.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Nothing
    well I HOPE for no new paid content but bug fixes instead....
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    I saw a dream that sims team was announcing few packs they are working on and they were:

sports pack with cheerleaders
    Victorian gothic stuff pack
    and medieval pack with dragons

then again i wouldn't count on any of that because the dream also spiralled weird after that

and they started talking abour run and track and turns out it was just evil plan to turn us all into hamsters and actually enjoy running on that wheel thing so they had to sell us the "running is fun" thing

don't ask man.

then again i did have dream about snowy world with yeti before snowy escape so thats interestingly inaccurate yet related
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I saw a dream that sims team was announcing few packs they are working on and they were:

then again i wouldn't count on any of that because the dream also spiralled weird after that

and they started talking abour run and track and turns out it was just evil plan to turn us all into hamsters and actually enjoy running on that wheel thing so they had to sell us the "running is fun" thing

don't ask man.

then again i did have dream about snowy world with yeti before snowy escape so thats interestingly inaccurate yet related
    I would love to see the return of those fire breathing lizards with the bad attitude and leathery wings, also known as the dragons from Sims 3. I miss having them as pets in the game. I had a red one in Sims 3 that I had named after the dragon from The Hobbit. I use to have him roast any NPC sim that annoyed me in the game.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Game Pack
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

don't ask man.

I would love to see the return of those fire breathing lizards with the bad attitude and leathery wings, also known as the dragons from Sims 3. I miss having them as pets in the game. I had a red one in Sims 3 that I had named after the dragon from The Hobbit. I use to have him roast any NPC sim that annoyed me in the game.

The puny dragons in Sims 3 looked more like bats than dragons. I would like proper dragons, big rideable ones, like they had in How to Train Your Dragon. Would be fun to occasionally hatch a fat one with short wings that cannot fly and its only good to start fires.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Stuff Pack

That’s not really true. We have realm of Magic, Vampires, Aliens, Mermaids and Ghosts, paranormal I would also consider occultist. So we have 5 occultist type of packs in 7 years. I’m not a big fan of occult’s, but I also don’t mind getting them. But we do get them more often than every 4 years, just not always in GP form. I wouldn’t mind a werewolf pack myself, because I figure they will give us body hair before it’s release which I am looking forward to.
    Rule 1 of being an occult player: if it's not a playable lifestate, it doesn't count.

People cite Spooky Stuff, JtB, and Paranormal as occult packs.
    Spooky Stuff was a Halloween-based pack, JtB was essentially a destination world with people in costumes, and Paranormal was skill and career-focused.

All three have one thing in common: All are based on something out of the ordinary. Lack of realism does not an occult make. Similarly, I could say the same for DHD, Vintage Glamour, and Get Famous when it comes to realism, but not being family-oriented.

The fun thing about The Sims is that it's a sliding scale from realism to fantasy-based gameplay, and you can mix and match to your heart's content, but just the same as I don't see everything realistic as being a family player's cup of tea, neither is everything fantastical an occult player's.

For accuracy's sake, we get a new lifestate every 2 years. It's due time now.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Game Pack
    KyreRoen wrote: »

Defintely. Occult players are so starved for content. It's about time we get a new lifestate.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited September 2021
    Game Pack

Defintely. Occult players are so starved for content. It's about time we get a new lifestate.

I can't believe how true this is. I mean, EA pretends that most people like to play 'realistically', but Occult players are some of the loudest players - and we've also been hideously disappointed all through this game.

What a lot of people mean when they say they like to play realistically, is that they want deeper gameplay - which is all good. Some people hate occults. The trouble is that EA's making it so that Occults are almost optional - even after you buy the pack. You'll rarely run into Occults outside their Game Location and if you do, they don't do anything occult.

Sure, Vampires were good, but every other lifestate has been rather lacklustre. Aliens aren't all that deep since all of the pack's effort went into its jobs, Mermaids show very little difference to humans except when they're in a swimming pool, and lets face it, the magic spells we've gotten in Realm Of Magic are so overpowered they're boring.

With the Refreshes coming out, maybe we won't get a pack this month - maybe it'll be October - FOR HALLOWEEN.

Werewolves would be cool to make log cabins and so on with their houses, so if you refreshed Outdoor Retreat at roughly the same time it would be appropriate. And Outdoor Retreat is one of the oldest.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Kit

Rule 1 of being an occult player: if it's not a playable lifestate, it doesn't count.

People cite Spooky Stuff, JtB, and Paranormal as occult packs.
    Spooky Stuff was a Halloween-based pack, JtB was essentially a destination world with people in costumes, and Paranormal was skill and career-focused.

All three have one thing in common: All are based on something out of the ordinary. Lack of realism does not an occult make. Similarly, I could say the same for DHD, Vintage Glamour, and Get Famous when it comes to realism, but not being family-oriented.
    I truly don't get the occult lifestates = only occult game play do occult players just want lifestates to look at? If Paranormal is not a occult pack I seriously don't think any pack ever will be its screams occult. Paranormal (happy haunts) was desperately wanted by occult players they were so upset that people would rather see knitting then their occult game play.

But hey if lifestates are the only true type of game play that counts supernatural players are taking the lead family players have only got toddlers since release I'm still waiting on babies and preteens.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited September 2021
    Paranormal pack is absolutely occult.

at very heart of it really since it is about communicating with spirits and holding rituals.

Journey to Batuu?
    Not really.

Star Wars be problematic in general
    but i don't recall it having much to do with occult as its mostly about machine robo stuff

but then again I'm not a star wars expert ive hardly seen one movie

and as it is TM pack we should really just agree its not adding for realism or occult players its just adding for very specific group called star wars fans.

also could we really just stop the occult players vs family players thing already

and just agree we need both.

and the real villain
    is that random pack that adds to neither

+ Its getting very annoying when people assume every occult player likes all occult content the same.

its like saying dream home decorator is family players most loved pack cause it has (1) tent thing for kids i suppose
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    Kit
    Kits keep spawning like ugly townies
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited September 2021
    Stuff Pack
    I still hope for a SP at the end of the month. *fingers crossed*
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    The thing is, while an occult player might be interested in only a few different types of occults, non-occult players mostly do not want anything occult in their game. Non occult players will always have a lot to whine about as every occultish thing is not their cup of tea, while occult players might be whining about the same pack as the occultish thing is not what they prefer or not as in depth as they would prefer it to be.
    Not much EA can do about that problem, but we already lived through at least three and a half iterations of The Sims and are still there so I guess we'll make it through the rest of this iteration as well.

In the end, it is EA who decide which pack they think they can make the most money off with the least work involved, so we can as well sit back, wait and see what they'll release whenever the next announcement is due.