Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    Wow, lots of promises there..

@Ellupelluellu that's what they stated on the right hand of their website in the FAQ:
    https://www.paralives.com/faq
    6adMCGP.gif
  • bellicosebabebellicosebabe Posts: 8 New Member
    Other
    Honestly I'm not sure if I'll need anything more than the Sims 4
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.

I don't think Maxis is worried about Paralives.

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D

I wasn't going to comment. But 1)Alex said he will never "sell out" to any big companies. and 2)the only people they're protyping for is VIEWERS LIKE YOU who can pay to see the stuff that the rest of us would like to see. 3)you do know it takes more then 3 years to make a game espically a game as advance as Alex and 7 other Devs are making? When they're going to be combing 2 parts of Sims 3 (Open World+CreateAstyle), plus stuff from the Sims 2 (family relationships) plus the fact they're going to make it easy to MOD the game unlike the headache of the Sims games and there's 4) you do know there's several different types of players? There's people who will spend hours in CAS (or Paramaker), then there's those who spend ages building. And I bet Paralives' will be the best they'll even be able to have walk-out basements-when has the sim ever had that? Not to mention we get: seasons/holidays, pets (er only cats&dogs and horses) in the base game and we knew with the sims that those are EPs

It's not that expensive to support their game. It's $3 a month, no strings attached, pay and read everything and then end support for the next month if you think people get to see confirmed content any more than those who aren't paying. They aren't, not really. That's cheaper than DLC for TS4. Six months of info would only cost $18.00 Cheaper than TS4's GPs. But as I said there is no contract and a person can end their support at any time even after a month. Updates are usually on Fridays. That like finding out stuff 4 times a month for $3.00. There are more specific donations for like $20 which only buys that supporter a place in the name of Credits at the end of the game and maybe a few other benefits. But they aren't getting any more info that the rest of us. So, for the price of less than one of Maxis Kits, someone can read every thing Paralives has shown patrons. Which some of it is polls and brainstorming and or just glitches or whatever, it's not all about every thing going into the game. So, don't feel that left out, because really you aren't as uniformed about the game as you might think. For $3.00 someone can read it all. I might add I would pay $3 to see what Maxis is doing, too. :D

The recent Friday update is absolutely not confirmed to be or will be in the game as per their update. That is the type of info patrons get to find out. So, you aren't missing a lot. Most info is experiments to see how to do things even you or I can do if we wanted to try. Please, don't think I'm any more informed than you are. Because we aren't.

The promised list of things on their site to be said to be in the game we haven't seen...and may never because 99% of it hasn't even been started. This all might sound negative, and unsupportive but I want people to know Facts. The fact is what is shown to patrons isn't really any more information than what is shown to the public. Don't believe hype. Wait til the game is finished before you believe all that list. I learned my lessons with Maxis when there weren't all life stages in TS4, and or pools, and or cars, and so much more etc. that they said would all be in the game's base when released in their original interviews. This is no different. As I said before Paralives is a good building tool to play around with as far as I can see, but all the other things promised in a list on a site hasn't even been developed. Someday, I wouldn't mind building in Paralives, if it gets released, but I'm looking for a life simulator and so far I'm not seeing one from Maxis nor Paralives.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D

I wasn't going to comment. But 1)Alex said he will never "sell out" to any big companies. and 2)the only people they're protyping for is VIEWERS LIKE YOU who can pay to see the stuff that the rest of us would like to see. 3)you do know it takes more then 3 years to make a game espically a game as advance as Alex and 7 other Devs are making? When they're going to be combing 2 parts of Sims 3 (Open World+CreateAstyle), plus stuff from the Sims 2 (family relationships) plus the fact they're going to make it easy to MOD the game unlike the headache of the Sims games and there's 4) you do know there's several different types of players? There's people who will spend hours in CAS (or Paramaker), then there's those who spend ages building. And I bet Paralives' will be the best they'll even be able to have walk-out basements-when has the sim ever had that? Not to mention we get: seasons/holidays, pets (er only cats&dogs and horses) in the base game and we knew with the sims that those are EPs

It's not that expensive to support their game. It's $3 a month, no strings attached, pay and read everything and then end support for the next month if you think people get to see confirmed content any more than those who aren't paying. They aren't, not really. That's cheaper than DLC for TS4. Six months of info would only cost $18.00 Cheaper than TS4's GPs. But as I said there is no contract and a person can end their support at any time even after a month. Updates are usually on Fridays. That like finding out stuff 4 times a month for $3.00. There are more specific donations for like $20 which only buys that supporter a place in the name of Credits at the end of the game and maybe a few other benefits. But they aren't getting any more info that the rest of us. So, for the price of less than one of Maxis Kits, someone can read every thing Paralives has shown patrons. Which some of it is polls and brainstorming and or just glitches or whatever, it's not all about every thing going into the game. So, don't feel that left out, because really you aren't as uniformed about the game as you might think. For $3.00 someone can read it all. I might add I would pay $3 to see what Maxis is doing, too. :D

The recent Friday update is absolutely not confirmed to be or will be in the game as per their update. That is the type of info patrons get to find out. So, you aren't missing a lot. Most info is experiments to see how to do things even you or I can do if we wanted to try. Please, don't think I'm any more informed than you are. Because we aren't.

The promised list of things on their site to be said to be in the game we haven't seen...and may never because 99% of it hasn't even been started. This all might sound negative, and unsupportive but I want people to know Facts. The fact is what is shown to patrons isn't really any more information than what is shown to the public. Don't believe hype. Wait til the game is finished before you believe all that list. I learned my lessons with Maxis when there weren't all life stages in TS4, and or pools, and or cars, and so much more etc. that they said would all be in the game's base when released in their original interviews. This is no different. As I said before Paralives is a good building tool to play around with as far as I can see, but all the other things promised in a list on a site hasn't even been developed. Someday, I wouldn't mind building in Paralives, if it gets released, but I'm looking for a life simulator and so far I'm not seeing one from Maxis nor Paralives.

It's not affordable for everyone-and the best stuff is the more expensive tiers (ie: the Dev chat). Or you have parents who refuse to let you an adult child to support them. I mean I'm dying to find out what you guys have seen about the animation or whatever you complained about before. Maybe you should come off to the Discord or the Reddit to see what's been suggested and for updates like the Parazine-wich tells us what has been confirmed and what they're working on. At least the Paralives unlike the sims is actually looking into having disabilities (even though it hasn't been confirmed). Oh and we have seen a bit of weather the rain in the tombstone video, and I believe I saw some snow falling outside the window in the Christmas video. We haven't seen any dogs-in game yet but we have seen pictures of a dog. But we have seen a cat in Maggie's intro video.

Here's the parazine master folder
    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/125C_GUvXGNXBT_ieHG282hoVkp1Y2NFP

I would like to see you guy making a game in under a year. It just not possible its takes up to 5 years to make a game. And the game is in pre-alpha. I mean there's literally no gameplay outside of building and a bit of para maker. There's no jobs, no personanilty, no lifestages over then "grown-up". We don't want to rush them- look what happened when EA rushed the Sims 4-we ended up with a bare-boned game

This is the fun that the Devs had with sliders in the paralives they just released it today
    ozkFOhK.png]
    Post edited by MadameLee on
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    Other

On the other hand EA/Maxis only have to look here to see how their would be rival is doing! B):)
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

It's not affordable for everyone-and the best stuff is the more expensive tiers (ie: the Dev chat). Or you have parents who refuse to let you an adult child to support them. I mean I'm dying to find out what you guys have seen about the animation or whatever you complained about before. Maybe you should come off to the Discord or the Reddit to see what's been suggested and for updates like the Parazine-wich tells us what has been confirmed and what they're working on. At least the Paralives unlike the sims is actually looking into having disabilities (even though it hasn't been confirmed). Oh and we have seen a bit of weather the rain in the tombstone video, and I believe I saw some snow falling outside the window in the Christmas video. We haven't seen any dogs-in game yet but we have seen pictures of a dog. But we have seen a cat in Maggie's intro video.

I would like to see you guy making a game in under a year. It just not possible its takes up to 5 years to make a game. And the game is in pre-alpha. I mean there's literally no gameplay outside of building and a bit of para maker. There's no jobs, no personanilty, no lifestages over then "grown-up". We don't want to rush them- look what happened when EA rushed the Sims 4-we ended up with a bare-boned game

This is the fun that the Devs had with sliders in the paralives they just released it today
    ozkFOhK.png]

Actually, one can make a mobile app within a year, depending on how much detail they put into it. It all depends on skill, determination- as there will be times you want to just abandon developing games forever- and a good place to get assets for the game- sound FX, 3D models, 2D characters, music, or whatever. Also, a good amount of creativity. (Hint, hint!) I wish they'd redo the game development in Sims, as a lot goes on under the hood. Or, better yet, make a Guru EP...

Sorry for getting off-topic.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    edited August 2021
    And.... If I don't like either I still have all the previous Sims games I could go back and play! :wink: It's not the end of the world if Paralives and TS5 suck. I know I have the previous 4 Sims games as my backup.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
    edited September 2021

ozkFOhK.png]

It's a one time $3.00 fee to read every thing from all their developers. There isn't that much to read honestly. There are things that are shown but you have to remember some are experiments by those who said they had no idea what they were doing but tried 'insert whatever they were working on' and made this or that but not even part of the game. Understand?

I'm sorry but it would help you to know you can develop a game in 7 days in the engine they are using. Just google how to create a game in 7 days. Yes, people can, it just depends on what you want to do with one.

http://www.gamedeveloper.com/disciplines/how-to-prototype-a-game-in-under-7-days

ETA: The sliders they just showed were to help modders if someone wanted to get extreme. Much of Paralives is going to depend on mods and or let's just say the player will be doing more than the developers. That update was just a week or so ago, so they have already shown the public so it's just no more than early access of a week most of the time to find out what 'Might" be in the game some day.

ETA: I have watched the game changer who has hyped this game, but just remember that is what game changers do. Eyes wide open is how people should approach things.
    Post edited by Cinebar on
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    And.... If I don't like either I still have all the previous Sims games I could go back and play! :wink: It's not the end of the world if Paralives and TS5 suck. I know I have the previous 4 Sims games as my backup.

I hope they are good games and more in line with how I like to play. But I sort of doubt I will wind up liking either one. The problem for some of us is we have been waiting on another great Sim game since TS2 or TS3 depending on which one we preferred. But there are thousands of us who decided TS4 isn't more exciting than the older games we already have, but would like to see something new after all these years.
    I can't post it here since it was part of a class but there's a video showing how to make a game in 40 minutes.
    I can't post it here since it was part of a class but there's a video showing how to make a game in 40 minutes.

I've not seen that but I believe you. Some of Paralives inside info is like a teaching info segment. We get to see how they did something. It doesn't mean what they did will ever be in a game. It is interesting over there but I'm guessing some would not find how things are done very interesting but some of us like to know how things work and get done. But none of it actually matters at this point until we see the Alpha.

I've not seen that but I believe you. Some of Paralives inside info is like a teaching info segment. We get to see how they did something. It doesn't mean what they did will ever be in a game. It is interesting over there but I'm guessing some would not find how things are done very interesting but some of us like to know how things work and get done. But none of it actually matters at this point until we see the Alpha.

Agreed there. Curious on how it turns out, at least. The course, however, was not on Paralives. It was actually about creating a mobile app.

Agreed there. Curious on how it turns out, at least. The course, however, was not on Paralives. It was actually about creating a mobile app.

Yeah, average people are developing apps and making money since the tablet became a 'thing'.
  • BalaGee69BalaGee69 Posts: 4 New Member
    I don't plan on buying Paralives since it doesn't really interest me; I will probably stick with older Sims games from TS4 downwards. IF TS5 is an offline game I may consider it, but there's a 99.9% chance I won't buy it if it becomes an MMO.
  • kampffenhoffkampffenhoff Posts: 162 Member
    edited September 2021
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I don’t plan on buying it as I play a number of different games already and don’t feel any need to add another, for a while anyhow. Plus, to be honest, I’m tired of some Sims sites, not this one, appearing to be using supporting an unreleased game simply to moan endlessly about how awful EA and especially Sims 4 is. I’ve read only today, not here, how Paralives is going to end the Sims and everyone is going to abandon any future Sims games and buy Paralives posted as a fact. If people don’t like Sims 4 they aren’t being forced to buy it or play it but all this is often accompanied by being told that if you actually like Sims 4 you are basically stupid.

The fact is, we don’t know what Paralives is going to be like to actually have as a fully fledged game. Saying it’s going to give everyone what they want strikes me as a bit odd too. How do they know what EVERYONE wants? I have this sinking feeling that a large number of people, if they ever get Paralives, are going to be soon complaining about how it doesn’t do this that or another.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited September 2021
    I don’t plan on buying it as I play a number of different games already and don’t feel any need to add another, for a while anyhow. Plus, to be honest, I’m tired of some Sims sites, not this one, appearing to be using supporting an unreleased game simply to moan endlessly about how awful EA and especially Sims 4 is. I’ve read only today, not here, how Paralives is going to end the Sims and everyone is going to abandon any future Sims games and buy Paralives posted as a fact. If people don’t like Sims 4 they aren’t being forced to buy it or play it but all this is often accompanied by being told that if you actually like Sims 4 you are basically stupid.

The fact is, we don’t know what Paralives is going to be like to actually have as a fully fledged game. Saying it’s going to give everyone what they want strikes me as a bit odd too. How do they know what EVERYONE wants? I have this sinking feeling that a large number of people, if they ever get Paralives, are going to be soon complaining about how it doesn’t do this that or another.

I don’t see Paralives replacing Sims 4 or 5.
    It might have similar themes but it needs to be different. Star Wars and Star Trek are both space series but different enough.

It’s only inevitable that to start with Paralives will be built up to be great. Managing expectations will be vital.
    It’s a small indie firm. I think the first version of Paralives will be very basic with room for growth.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    Other

There’s also the game “Little Sim World”. It’s not related to the “The Sims” series. Just letting you know about it so you’re aware of it.

• izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2021
    after watching the recent development, Im not so keen on trying paralives eventhough it looks good and the promises sound good. my vote in this thread isnt recent
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I was planning on it but if Sims stays on its current track with improvements and refreshes, I may stay with Sims. I'm not interested in S5 though.
    izecson wrote: »
    after watching the recent development, Im not so keen on trying paralives eventhough it looks good and the promises sound good. my vote in this thread isnt recent

Yeah, one line in the recent update made me think it's not going to be what we had hoped for but what we all suspected.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    Other

I see there is potential for huge bazookas but I would like to see some gameplay and how these enlarged assets behave in-game. Do they bounce, can they walk on their hands, wiggle their ears?

• leeahtortillaleeahtortilla Posts: 7 New Member
    No, I'm going to stay with Maxis and wait to buy TS5 or whatever their new AAA game will be
    I have been a loyal fan of the sims franchise since 2013 and even though they really downgraded on the sims 4, I still believe TS5 can be a redeemer if its taking this long to release. So, I'm sticking with Maxis on this one. Paralives looks cool and I still might give it try, but I'm very finicky about graphics and gameplay. The graphics on Paralives seems too cartoony and I'm already fed up with the TS4 theme, I'm hungry for a realistic theme with an immersive, in depth, detailed gameplay.
  • DijktafoneDijktafone Posts: 775 Member
    No mercy. It's a business bruv, no hard feelings.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,777 Member
    Other

Everything I see there makes me less want to ever buy it. Sorry, not so sorry.
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top