Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
As the title says, what are some trivial things in the game that bug you?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    Aight so one of my sim families doesn't have a bookshelf, but they have one book. Whenever anyone finishes reading, they automatically go to put it in the bookshelf. Since there is none, they wave their hand and put it on the floor. (Instead of say a table, which is part of what bugs me). However, their hands are still in the same position as if they were still holding the book and they refuse to start a new action until I reset them by shift clicking.

Another thing is guests kicking over the trashcan constantly. Especially Malcolm Landgraab.

Oh and when a teen ages up to young adult but their high school sweetheart is still a teen. I've aged them up manually a few times to compensate.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    wahini2024 wrote: »
    Npc's dropping themselves into a conversation while your sim is on a date

The time it takes to cook because every step of the cooking process must be acrobatic and flashy.

Musical chairs in group gatherings

Use the Go Away interaction in the Mean category - works most of the time.

Musical chairs _ I am with you on that - especially when the two sims start next to each other and then one of them goes and sits away from the sim they are talking to on another chair/sofa.

As for the cooking acrobatics it is even worse when they level up cooking - eggs and toast takes forever with high level cooking sim :/
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    When the “lot has loaded” music happens while the other loading screen music is happening and they clash and/or the loaded one happens too soon.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The M/travel key being right next to the rotation keys. I have never intentionally used the M key, but I hit it accidentally every single play session.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    We can't place windows where stairs are.

We can't hang embroidery on a wal!!! Yet it can't be "laid" on a floor. Seriously.

We can only knit with the kit in the inventory. We can only embroid with the kit out of the inventory. Excuse me, what? Why isn't it the same for both?

Right click the embroidery in your sims inventory and you have an option to make it wall mount :) I had to ask for help with that cos I couldn't figure it out.

Thanks! I had no idea.

-probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    edited August 2021
    That constant head-thrown-back air sniffing they do with the BTD kit. It drives me nuts.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    That constant head-thrown-back air sniffing they do with the BTD kit. It drives me nuts.

@FatTribble23 there’s a mod that removes this interaction, but I can’t remember what if’s called for the life of me. I’ll double back to this topic to let you know ASAP.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    @FatTribble23 @LehmanLegacy

There are a couple, but LittleMsSam has the one I use in her Random Small Mods called Less Idle Animations.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Vacuums being kept in the inventory. It bothers me so much that I turned off the dust effects and no longer use them.