Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Base game Sims getting thier names back after patch.

I did a search and I couldn’t find an existing thread.

I’ve noticed all the base game Sims that shipped with base game have got thier original names back. I renamed quite a few. I’m very confused 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

For example The Roomies,
I renamed Zoe… Sally, Gavin… Mr. Challenge (the new villain) and J… Max.

It’s been since the July patch. I’m wondering if it’s something to do with the lore they mentioned? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

I made the Gilmore Girls and Lorilei is friends with Sally but she kept getting texts from Zoe. That’s how I found out. She doesn’t have a friend called Zoe! 🙄

I checked each one Zoe, Gavin and J and I took them back into CAS and renamed them again. They retained the makeovers I gave them, just had thier names changed back.

Anyone else has the same issue?

These are the only base game residents I changed that are still around. I still have Travis Scott but he’s always Travis.
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I have that issue in my game too, some sims have gotten their old names back and a lot of my old sims had lost their names completely. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-lose-their-first-and-last-names/td-p/10527136

It could maybe have something to do with the NPC overhaul that they are planning, I'm not sure, what I wonder is what happens when they will fix it, I'm guessing they will not get their names back so I probably have to repair my save and go around and give sims their names back in CAS.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    It happened again? Plum... I also noticed this, not just with base game sims, but with all premade sims whose names I had changed. After the July patch, they suddenly went back to being called what they were originally.

I thought it might be a problem with one of my mods, and I did in fact have an outdated mod at the time that had something to do with sims' names. So I just quietly removed that mod, changed their names back to what I wanted, and hoped to be done with it. Not looking forward to having to do this again after the last patch...
  • Options
    AyKooChaoAyKooChao Posts: 676 Member
    I’ve renamed Kaori Nishidake to Ayaka Uchiyama (she started dating one of my played Sims, and I don’t like characters from other series mingling with premades for some reason), but I don’t know if she’s changed back. I’ll have to check next time I play. :/
    #ConsistencyForAliensTS4
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    None of mine seemed to chance, but I have namely been playing with new games. Either way, the lore update is supposed to come later, so I do not think it is at fault.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2021
    logion wrote: »
    I have that issue in my game too, some sims have gotten their old names back and a lot of my old sims had lost their names completely. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-lose-their-first-and-last-names/td-p/10527136

It could maybe have something to do with the NPC overhaul that they are planning, I'm not sure, what I wonder is what happens when they will fix it, I'm guessing they will not get their names back so I probably have to repair my save and go around and give sims their names back in CAS.
    I don’t get why they can’t just enable changes properly. 🙄
    An NPC overhaul should only take effect if you still have those Sims or better yet only on new games!

I’m checking my all my other save games and even the graves!

Thanks for the bug report and I’ve clicked me too. Hopefully they’ll fix it.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    might have something to do with the bug that deleted sims names (sometimes the whole name sometimes just the first name), cause that one seems to be fixed, so maybe when giving everyone their names back this happend.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat