Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

This is exactly what I've been saying for weeks now, nothing new to report, brainstorming and discussions are fine, and great to allow interested parties to join in and give their ideas, but really, this has little to do with what is actually confirmed, (if ever) and why some are deciding to walk away and stop supporting since this has absolutely nothing to do with any news about their time line. Discussions are fun dear Paralives developers but people want you to stick to your timeline and show those supporting you what you have actually accomplished.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    The graphics are too basic for me, like going back to Sims 1. I'm not holding out for the launch because they mention Sims too much in their ads and that means EA can sue them and stop it launching. It's all "unlike Sims games you can do this". Me, I'll buy whatever looks good to me at the time. I do think this Paralives might never happen though die to legal issues and if the graphics stay as bad as they look, I don't see them outselling EA and Maxis any time soon.
  • fluttereyesfluttereyes Posts: 2,337 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Not sure I would be looking to invest in a subscription online mmo, I was a beta tester for the original Sims Online back in the day and honestly, having gone through the bugs that were never fixed until finally we were abandoned and the game closed down. I just don't see this going any other way

don't! especially not when EA is involved. they just are looking for a way to put yet another disgusting F2P mobile game economy into the sims for more money. their greed knows no bounds and this greed of theirs has already utterly ruined other once great titles like dungeon keeper and command and conquer by turning them into predatory cash grabs full of dirty free to play monetization scemes and deliberately ruining the whole experience to try and manipulate peoplke into spending more money. and yes! many companies do this nowadays, but EA is still the most notorious and most hated company of the entire bunch, and they deserved every bad look they got so far!!

If TS 5 is offline i do not really care what people do, but if it IS an online MMO we have to make s stand and boycot it or we might be in for the inevitable death of this series just to line the pockets of immorally greedy executives! i absolutely refuse to have to pay a subscription fee just to play a game i paid full price for. i truly despise this greedy World of Warcraft business model!

I think some people want a multiplayer and would be willing to pay $80 for the game then be charged a monthly fee and fees/microtransactions for every new experience or content. I can't even relate to that type of player. I can't even relate to players who willing pay EA Play fees every month and having all their gameplay saved to the cloud. It's hard enough for me to deal with just downloading a game and hoping a company won't close down it's servers or no longer support a game they discontinued. Sure, you can redownload one like that, but it won't work and you are just stuck with a game they won't help fix. I still prefer discs in my hands. I like control, others don't care to throw away control. I have downloaded lots of games and played but I feel I have no control over my pc when I have done that or really have any real product.

Updating the thread as I said I would, this past week no new info about Paralives. Nothing to even speculate about. The update for patrons had no real info to confirm, again. Sad.

I also prefer the disc in my hand and the DLC is what bothers me most about Sims 4. The amount of times I've reinstalled my Sims 2 or 3 collections convinces me that I need my discs.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    edited August 2021
    I plan to buy both.

This is exactly what I've been saying for weeks now, nothing new to report, brainstorming and discussions are fine, and great to allow interested parties to join in and give their ideas, but really, this has little to do with what is actually confirmed, (if ever) and why some are deciding to walk away and stop supporting since this has absolutely nothing to do with any news about their time line. Discussions are fun dear Paralives developers but people want you to stick to your timeline and show those supporting you what you have actually accomplished.

@Cinebar
    What do you mean walking away? Is this just anecdotal evidence? In reality, the Paralives community has grown. Not sure how you are making that point.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.

@Cinebar
    What do you mean walking away? Is this just anecdotal evidence? In reality, the Paralives community has grown. Not sure how you are making that point.

A few in this thread dropped out of supporting them. I and a few others I know are considering doing the same. Yes, the people supporting them have grown but some drop out, too. Have you ever thought about this game might not actually turn into an actual game but a way to mod a game? I think it's starting to look like they may supply some very basic things in a core but the rest has to be done by the public. Yes, they are big supporters of modders but some of us actually want a real game and play it and mod it later. Have you ever noticed everything they do is with a mod in mind? That's great but what if that is all it ever turns out to be. Some basic things and you create the rest of it. I don't know, I think I'm a little disappointed again Friday after Friday to not see any actual gameplay as they promised for quite a while now.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Other
    The graphics are too basic for me, like going back to Sims 1. I'm not holding out for the launch because they mention Sims too much in their ads and that means EA can sue them and stop it launching. It's all "unlike Sims games you can do this". Me, I'll buy whatever looks good to me at the time. I do think this Paralives might never happen though die to legal issues and if the graphics stay as bad as they look, I don't see them outselling EA and Maxis any time soon.

That's really petty if they actually market it that way considering it's Sims fans that are funding their entire operation lol.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited August 2021
    4 Sims games is enough for me. I'm old so I doubt I will have the time to play it before Grim shows up. Also my brain is turning into a raisin. ;)

I fully expect to be playing games in Hospice! ;) Although I'm not sure any of them will be in the Sims Franchise.
  • Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
  • WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 844 Member
    edited August 2021
    Other
    Definitely withholding judgement on Paralives. What I will say it it wont be a Sims killer, although the building is impressive. I'm expecting it overall it will be a fun little independent game, like My Time At Portia, the Tenants or Two Point Hospital, but not a stand out game like Stardew Valley or RimWorld.

Hopefully it will surprise me
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Other
    I think maybe they set their aim to high, instead of trying to outdo the Sims, maybe they should have tried making a little bit simpler version of the Sims but egier, including the stuff that The Sims team are nerfing out, like vampires
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,396 Member
    I plan to buy both.

@Cinebar

A few in this thread dropped out of supporting them. I and a few others I know are considering doing the same. Yes, the people supporting them have grown but some drop out, too. Have you ever thought about this game might not actually turn into an actual game but a way to mod a game? I think it's starting to look like they may supply some very basic things in a core but the rest has to be done by the public. Yes, they are big supporters of modders but some of us actually want a real game and play it and mod it later. Have you ever noticed everything they do is with a mod in mind? That's great but what if that is all it ever turns out to be. Some basic things and you create the rest of it. I don't know, I think I'm a little disappointed again Friday after Friday to not see any actual gameplay as they promised for quite a while now.

@Cinebar

That's because they want the game to be scalable. It will be easier to generate content and assets this way. I applaud the team for having that foresight.

It's helpful to have some amount of skepticism, although I respectfully disagree with your take and believe your conclusions are not supported. As for the live mode, they have mentioned what the work plan timeline is in the private Patreon post, so I'm not sure why you are "a little disappointed again Friday after Friday" when there is no reason to expect gameplay reveals at this time.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    edited August 2021
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    @Cinebar can you at least be grateful that as a pateron you and other paterons got to see some animation? The only animation non-pateron have seen was from July or August(?) of last year.. so that was before the update to the Charlie model (the Christmas clothing video doesn't much as "animation" except for Maggie being disgusted I think with her socks?)

I mean there's tons of styles of clothing-like several of us want to play historical. SO there's historical clothing. And then there's the Goth style, the hippy style, the fashiontia, the trendsetter, the punk, etc. There's a lot of styles. Some of us are hoping for a roytalty/Monarch DLC at some point after paralives comes out-so that means tiras, masks, ball gowns, etc.
    6adMCGP.gif
    Peral wrote: »
    I think maybe they set their aim to high, instead of trying to outdo the Sims, maybe they should have tried making a little bit simpler version of the Sims but egier, including the stuff that The Sims team are nerfing out, like vampires

We do have vampires in the Sims 4: Vampire pack?
    6adMCGP.gif
    edited August 2021
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Cinebar can you at least be grateful that as a pateron you and other paterons got to see some animation? The only animation non-pateron have seen was from July or August(?) of last year.. so that was before the update to the Charlie model (the Christmas clothing video doesn't much as "animation" except for Maggie being disgusted I think with her socks?)

I mean there's tons of styles of clothing-like several of us want to play historical. SO there's historical clothing. And then there's the Goth style, the hippy style, the fashiontia, the trendsetter, the punk, etc. There's a lot of styles. Some of us are hoping for a roytalty/Monarch DLC at some point after paralives comes out-so that means tiras, masks, ball gowns, etc.

Grateful? We pay to see that, every month. It's not like they are showing this stuff for 'free' is it? Those who want to see something others have to wait to see pays every month for that opportunity. People are paying them to show them what might be possible when someone can prototype a game in the engine. It doesn't mean any of that will ever be in the game.
    MadameLee wrote: »

Grateful? We pay to see that, every month. It's not like they are showing this stuff for 'free' is it? Those who want to see something others have to wait to see pays every month for that opportunity. People are paying them to show them what might be possible when someone can prototype a game in the engine. It doesn't mean any of that will ever be in the game.

Yeah and because you're paying it means you get to see stuff that people like Me can't yet.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    Other
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.
  • plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I'm definitely interested in buying both! I'm surprised that option doesn't have a higher percentage. Give me all the life simulators I can get 😆 I'm talking The Sims, Paralives, Animal Crossing, Stardew Valley, all of them!!!
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm surprised that EA even allow this thread on here. Very nice of them to allow advertising for other products.

It's a poll. It's possible Paralives will be a major competition for TS5, especially if rumors are true that TS5 is some sort of multiplayer in the works right now. Both games are on track to probably be released around the same time or a year apart. Maxis can gain a lot of info from this thread and insight to see what exactly are players thinking about a multiplayer or not and what they love about a new game showing them the things they plan on doing. Maybe Maxis will add some of the things to their new game that Paralives is already showing us.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    Other
    Sims is really the only game I've played with any consistency in 21 years, so it's a wait and see what happens situation for me.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    I plan to buy both.

I don't think Maxis is worried about Paralives.
  • JustKeepSimming2JustKeepSimming2 Posts: 31 Member
    Paralives has never intrested me.

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D
    edited August 2021

Paralives might be Maxis. :p Lots of people prototype games for bigger companies. :D

I wasn't going to comment. But 1)Alex said he will never "sell out" to any big companies. and 2)the only people they're protyping for is VIEWERS LIKE YOU who can pay to see the stuff that the rest of us would like to see. 3)you do know it takes more then 3 years to make a game espically a game as advance as Alex and 7 other Devs are making? When they're going to be combing 2 parts of Sims 3 (Open World+CreateAstyle), plus stuff from the Sims 2 (family relationships) plus the fact they're going to make it easy to MOD the game unlike the headache of the Sims games and there's 4) you do know there's several different types of players? There's people who will spend hours in CAS (or Paramaker), then there's those who spend ages building. And I bet Paralives' will be the best they'll even be able to have walk-out basements-when has the sim ever had that? Not to mention we get: seasons/holidays, pets (er only cats&dogs and horses) in the base game and we knew with the sims that those are EPs
    6adMCGP.gif
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,875 Member
    Other
    Wow, lots of promises there..
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top