Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing offline is impossible

ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I was going to wait until I got Cottage Living before updating the patch. That’s just not possible. Once again I’ve had to go online.

Tonight I was playing my game, it was laggy. My Sim just stayed where they were. This happens only when I’ve played offline for a week. It’s like I have to log in nearly everyday. Tonight it said my password had expired. 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
There’s no option on Sims 4 to ‘play and update later’. Once Origin is sorted, I’ve had to patch Sims 4 if I want to play it again. 😩😩😩.
Is there a timer that knows how long you’re offline?
My antivirus tells me the number of days I have been offline.

I really didn’t want to update now as it’s another big patch including the calendar I didn’t ask for. 😩😩😩.

Sorry for ranting it’s just so annoying when I lose an evening’s play because of technical issues. 😭😭😭😭. I use the Sims to distract and it’s difficult when I can’t.

Please could we have the ability to play offline indefinitely and just update when desired! 🙏🙏🙏
Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞

Comments

• CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Patches are not required unless you need new features/bug fixes. I haven't updated TS4 in many months (not for several packs worth of releases, at least). I am still able to restart and patch Origin without updating specific games. The key is to go offline again beforerestarting TS4.

As for your game slowdowns, perhaps your computer could use a fresh restart? Sometimes, that works wonders.

Good luck. :smile:
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I keep my game up to date, but I do play offline a fair bit and I do not have a problem. At least not like that. I doubt it has anything to do with being online or not since I assume you have the online features turned off in game anyway.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2021
    Cynna wrote: »
    Patches are not required unless you need new features/bug fixes. I haven't updated TS4 in many months (not for several packs worth of releases, at least). I am still able to restart and patch Origin without updating specific games. The key is to go offline again beforerestarting TS4.

As for your game slowdowns, perhaps your computer could use a fresh restart? Sometimes, that works wonders.

Good luck. :smile:
    Thanks! 😊

I do launch TS4 as I thought you had be online then select offline. Right I’ll make a note not to do that! 👍.

Once I updated everything is back up and running.
    Meltdown 42 managed! 🤦🏼‍♂️😂.

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    One of my TS4 installations is played exclusively off line with no issues other than those of its patch level (University). I use the simple method of unplugging the internet cable.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited August 2021
    One of my TS4 installations is played exclusively off line with no issues other than those of its patch level (University). I use the simple method of unplugging the internet cable.
    I couldn’t imagine playing offline regularly. You can’t upload or download from the gallery.

Unplugging the cable fills me with dread. No Internet?! 😱😂

Thanks! 😊

I do launch TS4 as I thought you had be online then select offline. Right I’ll make a note not to do that! 👍.

Once I updated everything is back up and running.
    Meltdown 42 managed! 🤦🏼‍♂️😂.

I'm glad that you're up and running. :)
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    My internet was completely down and Origin wouldn't even let me in to play. I have to be online to log in.
    My internet was completely down and Origin wouldn't even let me in to play. I have to be online to log in.

I learned something over the years: when it comes to digital media, I'm always logged on. For example, Steam is always running in the background on my PC. That way, if I lose internet service, I still have access to the software that I paid for. I also don't save anything to the "cloud". If I can't download something to my drives in its entirety, I'm not interested.

I prefer the good old days of physical media. Can you tell? ;)

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    I couldn’t imagine playing offline regularly. You can’t upload or download from the gallery.

Unplugging the cable fills me with dread. No Internet?! 😱😂

Only when playing that particular TS4 installation or TS2 UC. For me the internet is only a tool for use when needed.
    Cynna wrote: »

I learned something over the years: when it comes to digital media, I'm always logged on. For example, Steam is always running in the background on my PC. That way, if I lose internet service, I still have access to the software that I paid for. I also don't save anything to the "cloud". If I can't download something to my drives in its entirety, I'm not interested.

I prefer the good old days of physical media. Can you tell? ;)

Yes, and am the same way. I even prefer real books over e-books
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I play offline 99.9% of the time. It is very easy and simple. I do have the game icon on my desktop, so origin is not really needed.