Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CC in subfolders?

13...Next

Comments

• SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    >
    > Renaming by removing the brackets is fine and you don't need to do anything to the Resource.cfg

Thanks @Bananas_45! I am going to go give it a go now (after I backup my folders... just in case lol)
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    SimChi wrote: »
    > @Bananas_45 said:
    >
    > Renaming by removing the brackets is fine and you don't need to do anything to the Resource.cfg

Thanks @Bananas_45! I am going to go give it a go now (after I backup my folders... just in case lol)

Good luck!
  • SimChiSimChi Posts: 143 Member
    Well the renaming of cc didn't speed my game performance noticeably (or at all)... back to the drawing board :| This worries me that adding more packs will make things even worse...
  • DramaLlamaSimmerDramaLlamaSimmer Posts: 4 New Member
    hi sorry if this has been answered before but if I've got script mods and they come with multiple folders already (e.g. the slice of life mods) does that mean I have to remove them from their subfolders and put them in the main mods folder??
  • gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Another CC tip! Rename files so there's only numbers and letters, maybe the underscore. It speeds game performance noticeably.

You sure? I was curious so I wrote a little command-line utility to batch rename everything in the current folder, removing all but numbers and letters. Renamed ALL my CC, over 2500 files. Not sure if it effected it any.
  • CoogaraCoogara Posts: 71 Member
    > @DramaLlamaSimmer said:
    > hi sorry if this has been answered before but if I've got script mods and they come with multiple folders already (e.g. the slice of life mods) does that mean I have to remove them from their subfolders and put them in the main mods folder??

Late to respond, @DramaLlamaSimmer, but usually if the creator provides a sub-folder structure, you're safe to use it and do not need to restructure or relocate it.