Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Legacy-Bachelor Challenge *COMPLETED*

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    @Queenarella
    I heard that a sims youtuber picks the aspirations this way and that's how I got the idea to do it like this :)

My first resort will probably be to try moving to a different lot if it gets terrible again. And then I'll try a new save. I'd really prefer to stay in the same save but if I have to move them I have to move them :(
    Took me a while to figure it out too but it saves time :)

Oh yeah now I think of it Vlad liked to knit by the pool too.

In another of my saves, my sim got Bonehilda pregnant. I want to know where she grew that baby...

True. I bet they will never fix this glitch honestly!
  • QueenarellaQueenarella Posts: 3,379 Member
    @MaggieMarley It's a really nice idea and you don't have the problem with a new pack that it hasn't been added to the randomizer yet. The best option would be another randomizer in game.

I started building your house yesterday and I always build in a seperate save and used the lot we both use for the legacy. And it seriously lagged worse than my legacy save o.O At least at the beginning... Maybe it does have something to do with this lot or with certain saves? Also, I feel like the new house is already too big again ._. I need to compare it to the Red Brick Manor but I feel like they're almost the same size...
    I used the search option and typed "cross" or something :sweat_smile: Only the hoops showed up.

It's cute in summer but not in winter... There are times I could kill my sims but I honestly don't want them to die.

HOW?! :joy: Lol poor Bonehilda

There are so many bugs and glitches we've had from the start and they're still there... Like that stupid mouth glitch when a sim tells another they're pregnant...
    @Queenarella It's weird that there isn't a trait randomiser in game for when they age up. Maybe they'll get round to it eventually!

Aww thank you so much <3 that's interesting, maybe it's something about the lot. It's weird that it started off ok in that house though and then the lag just got so bad. I don't get what changed. Ah yeah anything the same size as Red Brick Manor is probably going to lag my game a lot :( which really sucks. I had to put the original premade house which comes in that lot in a new save and that's a pretty small house. It's running ok now but it's still a little laggy even so. I'm really sorry, I don't want to not end up being able to use a house that you spent ages on!
    I just checked in build and buy and it's called 'Make it Sew Cross-stitch Kit' so if you search that it should pop up for you - but I agree it should turn up when you search cross-stitch but the search function on build and buy sucks.

Turns out it's possible to knock Bonehilda up without mods or cheats or anything! She makes cute kids which you wouldn't expect haha.

I know right? It's a joke how many bugs are in this game that never seem to get fixed.
    @MaggieMarley Do you mean an aspiration randomiser? There's already a trait randomiser in game :)

I finished the house two days ago but was too busy to come online :sweat_smile: Maybe you've seen it? I can totally understand when you can't use the house as it's too big. Lag is a mood-killer for the game :s
    The skill is done now without the kit but thank you for telling me! Next time I know I can use this one instead ^^

This is kinda crazy :joy: Can Bonehilda live in a household? Without cheats? :sweat_smile:

It's like the devs love some of the bugs and don't want to get rid of them -.-
    @Queenarella Yes that's what I meant! I use the trait randomiser but I wish we had an aspiration randomiser too.

I did not see the house, thank you so much for telling me! I just went on your gallery and downloaded it now. It's so beautiful, thank you! I haven't tested it out to see if my game hates it but it looks smaller than Red Brick Manor so fingers crossed my game can cope. Either way, I can't replace the current house with it immediately though because I'm trying to complete the 'fabulously filthy' aspiration with Galatea before she dies and I don't want to lose my progress in getting the house dirty :D lol

I am not sure if you can invite Bonehilda to join your household but you could move her into your family in mange worlds as her household is in manage worlds. When my sim had a baby with her, I moved the baby into his household in manage words :)
    The chapters are definitely still fun to read! Love them <3

I blame Jim for the fire. Bet he's got started on arson early ;)

Omg they totally left John to burn to death in the house lol.

I always love it when they autonomously kiss their partner on the cheek too.

Why are sims so dumb? It's like they want to freeze to death...

I can already tell that John is going to be really handsome when he's older.

Oh gosh no not social butterfly... Although having done the friend of the animals aspiration I will never complain about this one ever again lol
    @MaggieMarley I don't get why the devs didn't add one when they added the trait randomiser :sweat_smile:

I'm glad you like it :) It's a lot emptier, too :D Fabulously Filthy? Is this another hidden aspiration? Sounds funny :joy:

I didn't know Bonehilda is in manage worlds! So cool! I'll have to check her out there soon!
    I was worried the chapters are the same thing everytime and as I start to get bored in game I hope it doesn't show in the chapters :sweat_smile:

Jim is definitely into bombs, they count as arson, right? :D

I forgot about John as well... When you look at the almost complete family, you can see the plumbob. Usually I switch to a sim not in the picture to don't have the plumbob over their head :sweat_smile:

The sweetest kiss! Not overly dramatic like the kiss where they almost fall to the ground lol

They only use the floatee in winter, barely ever in summer! They want to escape the eternal skilling :joy:

John, Jim and Sherlock look just like Charlie. Mycroft looks like his mother ^^

The funny thing is, Jim has the same aspiration. John completed it half a day later :joy: Guess everyone knows Jim is a bit... of a villain >:)
    edited August 2021
    @Queenarella
    Hopefully they add an aspiration randomiser eventually.

I love the house! Galatea completed the fabulously filthy aspiration so I have been able to move them into the house that you made and so far I'm not having lag issues! Really hoping that the lag stays away...

Fabulously filthy isn't a hidden aspiration and it's kind of lame. Both of the Bust the Dust aspirations are. But I've got both of the Bust the dust aspirations done now so that's good :)

I noticed that MCCC has married Bonehilda to a townie in my game :D
    You still make the chapters fun! And I my chapters are basically all skilling/aspirations lol.

Yeah I'd count bombs as arson since they cause fires - or worse than arson.

I do the same thing with switching to a different sim not in the picture to hide the plumbob. I wish there was an in game option to hide plumbobs in screenshots.

I keep getting so many kids who look just like one of their parents in my game. Like, Acacia is pretty much a female Adonis clone. Oly and Rowan are male Galatea clones just with different colouring. And in my game now Rowan and Phoebe have two kids and one looks so like Phoebe. Oh and of course Galatea was a Caly clone with Vlad's eyes, hair and skin colour.
    The super parent aspiration is alright but the 'go into full parent mode' goal at the end is so hard to achieve.

Mermaids live SUCH a long time! I recently noticed that Circe has 52.5 bonus days!! Mermaids get 35 bonus days plus she completed the body builder aspiration which must be where the other 17.5 bonus days come from.

Jim running through a blizzard to talk to that kid for his aspiration is dedication.

OMG I totally forgot that mermaids can control the weather :o I literally never do anything with their mermaid powers. I had to change the weather in my game recently and I resorted to the weather machine.

I don't get why the kids in my game never make messes on free will. Kinda wish they would.

Oh wow Sherlock turned out super super SUPER hot! Nice, I haven't played with an animal enthusiast sim yet. Maybe you can get him a llama or something.
    @MaggieMarley That would be awesome! It would have made more sense to add it together with the trait randomiser :sweat_smile:

Awesome! It's so weird you get that much lag this early. My save lags too but not that bad and I'm a few generations ahead of you. Good luck that it won't come back!

So you bought the kits? Can you recommend them? :sweat_smile:

MCCC is the best :joy: I haven't got a notification about Bonehilda yet so I guess she's single.
    Your chapters are also fun! And more than just aspirations and skilling :p

Then yes, Jim might be into arson :#

I wish plumbobs were generally hidden like tought bubbles... So annoying. But the worst part is those flying pluses from a lot trait...

At least there are mixes. It's a bit boring when the kids look 100% like one parent. It's way more interesting when they have features of both parents.

Super Parent is a bit meh. It's alright to complete but I don't like it. The 3 positive value traits are so much effort :joy:

Yeah if you think about it, 35 days is longer than the adult or young adult phase! Kove must be from generation 5 or more like 6 :sweat_smile:

With camper's stew in one hand :joy:

This was the first time I tried a mermaid "power" :joy: It took me so long to realize the next day's weather was caused by this action.

Do you keep the kids busy? It's seems to me it's getting worse with every generation for me.

Sherlock will get an fury friend :)
    New chapter!

Chapter 8.11

And as a little goodie: The casting thread is open now!
    @Queenarella
    I think I got really unlucky with this save. My save which has been going on for 15 gens is ok still - I mean, it gets a bit of lag but nothing like I was getting in my legacy save before I downsized the house :(

Yeah I got the kits! I think bust the dust is worth it because the aspirations and dust system add something different to the game... Even if it's not exactly thrilling haha. I will probably do these aspirations again in other saves though. I like some of the CAS from throwback fit even if I probably won't use the CAS from that pack all that much. Other than that, they're basically items and stuff which is useful for if you want to download houses from the gallery which use those kits but otherwise maybe not worth it for me as I'm not a builder so never really appreciate more build and buy that much.
    Thank you so much! And there should be less skilling now that I've maxed all the skills anyway :)

Me too, that's what I'd like for plumbobs. Maybe they will do that in TS5.

Yeah I prefer it when the kids get a good mix of both parents' genes too. Although perhaps in Galatea's case it was a blessing that she is mostly all Caly.

I didn't find getting the 3 character values too bad. Kids generally get responsible and polite without you really trying except for homework and washing up dishes etc. For the third one you can get emotional control pretty easily by making them write in a journal over and over and having a parent encourage them. That's what I did for Clemmie when Adonis had that aspiration.

I do keep the kids pretty busy with skilling and aspirations so maybe they don't get time to go making a mess lol.
    Haha I guess whether you delete the floatee depends on whether you're a risk taker. Maybe the constant risk that someone will freeze to death makes it more exciting ;)

Maybe the Egyptians had it right... Cats are pretty special. Although my family's irl cat is pretty dumb lol.

Vlad has that forbidden sweater too, I should have him wear it more often, it's hilarious.

I'm 5'4 so around your height. I don't think I'm short though (at least for my country) as apparently 5'4 is average height for a woman in the UK.

I've had that snowpal thing happen in my game. I think it happens if you stop building it part way through the game still kinda thinks there is a snowpal there.

Every screenshot I see of Sherlock I'm like eeek he's so cute!

I like seeing what the kids are up to, so that's my feedback :) you've reminded me that I probably ignore them too much in my game :#

I can't wait for the skiing shots on Mount Komorebi, you can get some really nice pictures.

Love that Sherlock's coat and also hair match his coat and hair style (except for hair colour) in the TV show.

They will never fix the hovering plates/bowl glitch... Although to be fair I think it used to be worse. Or maybe that was only because I was playing the 100 baby challenge and there were a lot of empty bowls in my toddler dungeon.

I didn't know ghosts could possess counters :o

That's so cool that Charlie is a merman as well as a spellcaster! Maybe that is why you had trouble with him not having a mermaid tail at first? I guess mermaid-spellcaster hybrids aren't as glitchy as vampire-alien hybrids or you'd have noticed he was a hybrid before now lol.
    @MaggieMarley It sounds a lot like it's the save and nothing else. I played again on Saturday and I usually have a lot of lag at the start (until everything loaded properly) but it was less lag this time. I guess there was a fix, too?

I've always said I would never buy a kit. But now there is the Loft Kit... I LOVE IT! Maybe I'll give the other kits a chance too then... But dusting? That's worse than laundry...
    I still need Herbalism and I honestly hate it.

I doubt it tho. It's always been like this I think.

With Vlad as a dad it's always a blessing to not look like him :joy: One of my boys is actually a great mix of both! But I made a mistake so... he looked like both parents ...

Oh, that sounds easy. But the task is only completed once the kid is a young adult, isn't it?

I let the kids a bit off the leash now (but also give them more screenshot attention) and I usually regret it.

Constant death by freezing risk? Sounds brutal... I like it!

Cats are super special! They all have unique characters and that's lovely.

The sweater is so ugly but Charlie suffers wearing it so... It stays.

I always thought I'm average height too but for some reason every woman (or like 9 of 10) are taller than me... I like my height tho. It makes people think I'm cute and innocent and... I'm neither >:)

Mycroft gave his best to make it look like a snowpal. Let's not destroy is ego.

Sherlock is so pretty! But to be fair, with that gene pool there are no not-cute sims anymore.

It's human to ignore the kids in this game because they are plain boring... But I'm glad you enjoy seeing them more often!

There's this one screenshot. I paused, looked at the scene from all sides and cried form laughing so hard. Maybe it's already in the next chapter. You'll love it.

Sherlock had to get a coat! It's not Sherlock otherwise.

Ah yes, the dungeon... Good old days lol The glitch seems to be connected to toddlers a lot!

Oh you'll be surprised what ghosts (can) do once you get to see them every night. You'll hate them.

No idea why I missed Charlie being a hybrid. It looks a lot like that's the reason for his missing tail. And the face glitch. That one is worse. His face looks so weird in his merform even tho I've "fixed" it.

I will post a new chapter later, I guess :)
    And here it is! The new chapter (but no Mount Komorebi pics yet...)

Chapter 8.12
    @Queenarella I remember them saying they added a fix for lag or something I think in the CoL patch but I swear my game has been more laggy since CoL. I haven't downloaded the latest patch though.

I saw that they're bringing out a new kit but I kind of dismissed it when I saw that it was just build and buy stuff since I'm not a builder. But if it's got cool stuff in it then that's exciting!
    I mostly just made Adonis read lots for the herbalism skill. It's boring but you get there eventually :)

Oh wait what mistake did you make?

Yeah you need to get the kid to YA for them to actually get the traits so it takes some time.

I love cats. My family cat is so funny. He likes to come and paw your face lol.

Yeah I like my height too. Although it's weird because my twin brother is a lot taller than me.

You better believe that when you upload this gen's kids I will be instantly downloading them ;)

I definitely wish there was more for kids to do in TS4. Maybe they will do a kids pack eventually.

Ahhh I want to see the screenshot!

I bet you're right about all the glitchiness being connected to being a hybrid. Wish fully functional hybrids were available in the game :(
    I love how John is taking after his namesake with the doctor ambition!

"How to tempt me to build four walls without a door around you" - LOL so hard.

Oh no, not Mabel :'(

You always take nice big photos of your heirs with their spouses. I keep forgetting to do that and just get the cruddy little photos.

Mycroft turned out cute! I really like that hair on him. I swear my clumsy sims never act any different to sims without the trait though haha.

Ahahaha I love that screenshot of the aggressive dog! In my game, Rowan actually got a puppy who grew up to be aggressive.

Awww the new dog is adorable though. She looks like a miniature schnauzer to me (hope I spelled that right). Love that you called her Molly!
    @MaggieMarley There was definitely more lag thanks to CoL! Hm, I haven't played since last week but I think there was a patch update. Not sure if it was the latest one. But there was less lag imo.

There's no CAS stuff in the pack? Aw man, why? -.-
    I do this too but you can only get to level 9, can't you? Did I have a glitch there? :D

Spoiler :# You'll find out soon...

Gah all that waiting... I won't complete the aspiration anyway.

Why does he paw your face? ^^

Yeah but he's a man and you're a woman. There's usually a height difference ^^

I honestly can't remember if I uploaded Charlie's generation. But I think I did when they were teenagers? That's a thing I totally forget to do regularily. Just like updating the family tree :joy:

If there were more kids aspirations I would be soooo happy!

Today :p (The funny screenshot)

Glitchy hybrids are annoying so either fix them or not make them a thing in the first place.
    It's so hard to give the youngest child a good character and not let it slip :sweat_smile:

The house is a mess from all these messes -.- I really don't get why this generation is so keen on doing that 24/7.

She had a long life. I will miss her so much :'(

Do you use the mobile phone or camera for the pics? On the phone you can't pick a size I think.

But traits were updated some time ago so maybe the clumsy trait will show this time?

I wanted an adult dog to start the pet training asap :D The dog was also aggressive towards Charlie but I forgot to take a screenshot. Aren't I smart? :joy:

Yeah it said something about Schnauzer :)
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @Queenarella
    I love that Jim looks like Charlie, but has a little bit of Kinsley in him Jim is good looking <3. I once left the linking on and it turned my sim's skin blue :D. I was really annoyed when she popped out of CAS with it :p.
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
    @TwinkiesLA
    It's a pity I won't get his face back the way it was... Haha, a blue sim is fun tho ^^ and Skin colours are easily switched in the game :) Still, you had to go into CAS again.
  • TwinkiesLATwinkiesLA Posts: 181 Member
    @Queenarella
    I was not a fan of the long loading screen :D. I think Mycroft is my favorite <3, I am definitely voting for him :).
    source.gif

Gallery ID: Shockmsd
    Forum Name: TwinkiesLA
    @Queenarella I don't think any of the kits have any CAS stuff except for the throwback fit kit. But maybe the loft kit will have some? I was just guessing based on the other kits.
    Yeah once you get to level 9 for herbalism you have to actually go and do stuff to max it. If I recall correctly you can do things like mixing herbal remedies and also possibly identifying plants counts too.

He is a really dumb cat lol. He thinks he is being affectionate by climbing up your chest and putting his paws on your face.

I am pretty sure you did upload them as I remember downloading Charlie... Unless that's a false memory.
    Yeah I was using the phone camera. I will try and remember to use an actual camera next time. Vlad and Caly did get a big photo from a real camera though. You can also resize the pictures in build mode so I can do that.

I really hope they made clumsy more interesting!

ch 8.13
    Love the rainbow dog bed!

Yay the Mount Komorebi screenshots! I always take way too many screenshots when they snowboard or ski. That one of Charlie is hilarious.

Clemmie used that rock climbing wall and it still took her ages to max rock climbing.

Did not know you could research rock climbing!

Awww Molly sleeping by the food bowl is adorable.

Jim is hot! Also I love that aspiration but I know you won't get time to complete it.

Aww no not another hybrid :(

UGH I HATE that the linking thing in CAS is on by default. I am so careful about immediately unlinking everything because I am paranoid about this happening.

He still looks good now after your interventions imo.

Haha it's so funny when they hold the dogs like that.

Rowan does the same thing with the arm glitch when he holds his dog. It's weird.

Ch 8.14
    It's so cute when the small dogs or cats hide under furniture.

Omg you got chickens!

You're right Kinsely doesn't look older at all!

Ohhh John is really handsome. He looks a lot like Sherlock.

I am so excited for the bachelor challenge! I voted Sherlock but I love all of them :)

It makes me happy that they replaced the tense emotion for thunderstorms with a scared one. But annoyingly pets still can't get scared, only tense. You can see that ghost pets are tense during thunderstorms rather than scared because they turn orange.
    @TwinkiesLA
    Mycroft got a lot of votes ^^

@MaggieMarley Hm, maybe it depends on the theme if a kit has CAS or not.
    I need to go to Granite Falls for sure. I haven't been there for a while... Like years.

But that's so cute! :love:

There's a very blurry memory of the boys as teens on the gallery :joy: So maybe I didn't forget to upload them.

I've been using the same camera since generation 1 :#

Kinsley is Jealous and she's not a total pain in the... so this trait was definitely a priority to change :D
    Why is Charlie's butt up in the air tho? :joy:

Molly didn't sleep. She passed out :D I got the sad music when a pet gets sick and was like "I don't have any red treats left o.O".

Nope, no more aspirations for this legacy ^^ Maybe next time.

I totally forgot about the linking thing in CAS. I've had the same issue with Charlie as a teen but noticed it IN CAS so I could exit without saving the changes... But this time... Bad luck.

I'm not sure if I should be glad or angry that I'm not the only one with the dog holding arm glitch.

2 chickens and a rooster B)

John looks just like Charlie!

Let's say, the one I expected the least to win won :D

Ah yes, of course they forgot the pets... -.-
    @Queenarella
    My sims never go to Granite Falls - I only went there in my legacy challenge so that Adonis could complete his aspiration :D

He is adorable. Cats can be really affectionate even though people often think dogs are more loving.

I know I had a camera in gen 1 because Vlad and Caly took a big picture with it but now idk where it is. I need to get another camera next gen for sure.

It's weird because Rowan is jealous and I swear that jealous sims usually throw a fit when their SO talks with other people but Rowan has never done this when Phoebe speaks to other people in the family. Weird but good.
    Charlie is just special lol :D

She passed out? I don't think I have seen a pet pass out before, didn't know that that was possible!

It's really annoying that that happened but you did a good job on editing his face :)

I'm angry as it means this is another game glitch they will probably never fix...

Ohhh can't wait for chicks! Just be prepared to be giving them attention every day. I found it so annoying that each individual chicken needed attention every day so I didn't get any in my legacy save.

I think Sherlock and John both look a lot like Charlie! But all the boys are really cute.

I think Mycroft will be a fun bachelor with the erratic trait. Can't wait to see how his bachelor challenge goes and I'm so glad that Jude got a space.

I guess they thought we wouldn't notice if they didn't update pets with the scared emotion but they forgot that you can tell with ghost pets because of the colour change based on emotion.
    @MaggieMarley
    It's a boring place imo :sweat_smile:

Cats are just as affectionate as dogs :) The thing is, it's "harder" to win a cat's love. But once they do, they love you forever. Unless you go on vacation for a few days and come back. Then they'll hate you for a while :joy:

I always put the camera on the office desk or in the shelf there. Sims usually don't take it and put it somewhere else like clay.

The trait was changed a lot! Luckily. Kinsley recently got tense because she hadn't spent alone time with Charlie in a long time.

I would have never guessed that Charlie would become my favourite of the whole legacy :sweat_smile: He's special in so many ways.

I've seen the passing out with dogs only. They just flop over to one side and then sleep. I guess it's a thing with the glutton trait?

Thank you :) I tried my best. He still looks a bit different but I can live with that.

How could I forget this tiny little detail? Now I'm angry about it as well -.-

They're Adrian's chickens so he gives them attention every day. He doesn't have to do anything anyway ^^ The only spectacular thing so far was a blue egg. lol

They all look so different. I prefer that to clones! :)

I think the traits made Mycroft win ^^ Erratic is just a great trait. I'm excited to see it act up >:)

Are you sure they thought about that at all? I honestly feel like they really just forgot to give pets the scared emotion.