March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS WANTED!! Home Renovation!

Comments

• JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Challenge #9 City Living Shell/Debug House

Gallery Link: Castle Ruins and Ruins to Garden Estate
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/PpwMCaV
    CC Credit: None
    Description: Hi Clousinators, I decided to use debug items to show the floorplan of my house rather than building a debug shell. Hopefully it still counts for the challenge. My Sim Terra Tillman would like to do the Garden Legacy Challenge. She is buying a starter room (I'm saying she rebuilt one room of the castle and her dad is worried for her so he put a roof on it) on a 64x64 lot with a lot of room for gardening with her starting funds. The castle for reconstruction is inspired by this.
    Pictures:
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    @Jazmi1396 First off, I enjoyed hearing about the style of townhouses you have in Budapest. I find myself realizing I don't know enough about other parts of the world, so its always nice hearing more about them :smile: I like all the inner courtyards, I might have to start a new build with a similar style.

Your rowhouses are super cute! I almost didn't even realize the basements were actually usable. (This really makes me wish the Sims had a way to determine different apartments so multiple families could live on one lot) The entry ways on the two middle houses are cute with the little bench beside the door. The fence and shrubs all the way around the building are a nice touch. I like the layouts of the kitchens, small but it doesn't feel small. How did you get the trash can under the counter in the green kitchen? The green kitchen is my favorite. I usually am not a fan of orange but I like how well everything goes together in the orange house, the tv stand is nicely laid out. I like the custom mirror above the fireplace here and on the wall in the green unit. All of the art you chose for each of these units go well with their rooms! The blue room is really soothing. The gated kids rooms on the second floor are a cute idea. Its funny that you used that art in the second floor red room, I just used the same art in my BuildnShare entry :smile: I am not sure which unit I like the most, they are all awesome. I like where you combined different items to make new ones (like the mirrors and tv stands) and you were able to find a use for every corner in the build. Your row houses turned out great!!

@JojoMOMSTER Hi! No need to worry about what counts and what doesn't, I look at and review everyone's builds regardless :smile: Also don't feel the need to limit yourself to just packs I own, I really only listed them incase someone was looking for an extra challenge, but don't let it restrict you if you have other ideas. I am all about letting your creativity fly!

You always have creative ideas. I like that you mapped out where you want to build the rest of the house later. (most of the time if I try a challenge like that I don't plan my builds ahead and it turns out looking crazy) I like that you kept it simple to keep it cheap and so your sim can grow with their house as you play. Make sure you post more photos as you build more, I bet your version can look even better than the inspiration you posted :smile: Yeah, I've never seen that debug item before but I like how you dressed it up, I would not have even noticed that the windows didn't already come with it. Its got a little bit of a cottage feel to it. Great job on both of these!!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    Thank you @Clousinators, I will update the build pics periodically for the castle.
  • Jazmi1396Jazmi1396 Posts: 116 Member
    Thank you @Clousinators, i am glad you liked it! :)
    Trash can under the counter: i try to show with 1 screenshot. Simply sized down the dishwasher and put the trash there, so that it covers the small dishwasher.

YT2E5Hu.png
    @Jazmi1396 That is super smart. Thank you!
    edited July 2021
    Challenge #10 Beach Theme!

I love going to the beach. Its always so relaxing and the ocean is always beautiful. I just got back from a family vacation at the beach this week and miss it already. I've wanted to do a beach theme challenge for a bit and figured now is the best time :smile:

This month build me a beach theme home. It does not have to be in Sulani (but that is my favorite Sims World), so if you don't own Island Living you can still join! The entire house should have a nice beachy feel. No specifics, just whatever you think of when you think of the beach and the ocean. Any amount of bedrooms, no budget. Have fun with it!
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Challenge #9 Beach Theme
    EA ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: The Beach Shack
    Link to slideshow: Builders Wanted - Beach Theme
    Description: I chose to make a beach shack. I needed a beachy home for my mermaid to live in and she doesn't need anything fancy, just a place where she and her cat can hang out. The kitchen was a room that I used for one of @rosemow 's oneroomoneweekonetheme challenges and it was the inspiration for my house.
    BSwBHYk.png
    Overhead view
    7Zmbxpc.png
    edited August 2021
    @AlJay Great job on the Beach Shack! The surf boards out front and on the wall help add a pop of color and some personality to the outside. The fish grilling station to the right is a good idea. The pop of orange throughout the cool blue living room is a nice touch. The vases and clutter on the table help add to the clutter shack style. If I had that view from my kitchen window I would wash dishes all day :lol: The continued use of orange on the tiles and curtains in the kitchen help give the country kitchen more of an island vibe. I like the desk/work station in the bedroom. Perfect size little bathroom with matching accents. I like that every bit of the back deck is filled, makes it look more lived in. The chairs will be a nice spot to sit and drink coffee. Maybe afterwards we'll check out the sunken ship. I love this little shack, thanks for joining my challenge this month!!
    Thank you @Clousinators it was a lot of fun :)
  • nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    Challenge: Challenge #10 Beach Theme!
    Gallery/Forum Name: Trinican / Nali272
    Gallery Lot name: Seaside Simplicity.
    Gallery Link: HERE
    Slideshow Link: https://imgur.com/a/Yvw7j0e
    Art Credit: None
    Description: The simple life sounds so good right now. Love building in Sulani.
    Pictures:
    h19mUeF.png
    ktNdK5K.png
    VlkMhTB.png
    pnNmHwn.png

Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @AlJay nice shack. I was looking for surfboards and could not find them... what are they called?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    @nali272: I don't know what they're called but they came with the Parenthood Pack, you should find them easily if you filter for that pack.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    @nali272 The simple life really does sound nice right now. Seaside Simplicity is a cute little shack! I like that you've used a bunch of greenery and palm trees to kind of blend it in with the surrounding area and give it more of a private feel... and the shade is always welcome :smile: Nice little private area behind the outhouse with a towel for sunbathing, oh and a little grill too. I like that the deck is covered, I would spend all day in that lounger. I don't have all the packs you have so I can't see all the furniture inside but it looks like a nice simple relaxing blue theme, and I always love tons of windows in Sulani. Great job!! Thanks for joining this month! :smiley:
    Thank you @nali272 :)
    Yes, you should be able to find the surfboards in wall decorations or artwork I believe
    @83bienchen and @AlJay thanks so much for the help!!!
    @Clousinators Thank you for the review.... I was glad that I could join too.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited December 2021
    Challenge #11 Home Renovation

Hi everyone!
    Its been awhile. I haven't been playing the Sims as much, but recently I have been in a renovation/DIY mood. I decided to see what you all can come up with again, this time for a home renovation.

This home currently is 3 bedrooms, 2 bath. Open floor plan for the living room, kitchen, and dining room. There is a basement that was once finished but is now forgotten and empty.
    Currently a retired couple and their son and daughter in law live in it. The retired couple love to relax with their dogs and garden (just incase you like some backstory, here is a little starter :smile: )

There is no budget but we do ask that you do not remove any walls (except for closets if you wish). Additions to the house are allowed in the back or left side of the home.

No CC please, moveobjects allowed. Use #clousinators on the gallery so I can find your builds faster. Most importantly: have fun!

Gallery Link for the Renovation Home

LRvrjcl.png
    cTNnrIr.png
    Mex4jxB.png

Happy New Year @luckyheather ! I can't wait to see what you come up
    I just started working on this one. Having a lot of fun with it :)
    @AlJay I looked at this house for hours, couldn't decide what to do with it. Gave up for the time being and started working on your January blueprint build instead lol I'm about a quarter of the way done with way to many builds, some of which may never be finished
    Yeah, sometimes you just need to take a break and come back with a new perspective :)
    CHALLENGE #11
    ORIGIN ID: AlJay2000
    GALLERY NAME & LINK: Lovely Little Home Reno
    DETAILS: I tried to make this renovation as realistic as possible. I started by re-shingling the roof, updating the windows and doors, painting the brick to a soft white, and adding new siding the the rest of the exterior. On the interior of the home I replaced all the lighting with new LED pot lights, updated the floors and totally redesigned the kitchen. I removed the closet from the one bedroom, turning it into an office. Removing the closet also made the new spare bedroom larger. The once forgotten basement has come alive! I decided that the young couple deserved their own space, so I turned the basement into a suite for them to enjoy. The main floor of the home is designed with a comfortable almost country style with lots of plants, whereas the basement is slightly more contemporary. There are many things for the family to enjoy in the yard. I may have gone a bit overboard with the flowerbeds, but there was actually a lot of space to fill. I moved and updated the fire pit, added a gazebo and hot tub, expanded the deck, added a bird bath and feeder and planted some summer plants in the container garden.
    LINK TO SLIDESHOW: Lovely Little Home Renovation
    PICTURES:
    rsv8nQU.png
    Main floor
    iOOpMgX.png
    WfH1bwz.png
    vRNl1gz.png
    GoqPium.png
    jqN8TuS.png
    f2V5W3c.png
    Basement
    ccAPanD.png
    wm1ynPs.png
    Kt9sKEG.png
    Wo3eMwe.png
    JzjmIyX.png
    pwLOTxo.png
    @AlJay I love what you've done with the house!
    The white brick and accents are a nice contrast with the navy blue siding. The front porch feels much more inviting with the new chairs and pretty flowers in front. The front entrance is much more bright now with the new door, and I like the little bench with storage and coat hooks. The fireplace got a much needed coat of paint and the family will appreciate the extra seats in the living room. The home feels so much more bright with the change in flooring and paint. I also love the dog beds placed around. (Can you tell we are dog people? :lol: )
    Great addition of the island seats to the kitchen. The backsplash matches the rest of the room well. (I had no idea the cats could get on top of the fridge, I need to play with them some more). Turning the first side bedroom into an office will give the family a quiet space for anything they need. I like all the plants in the room as well. I never knew that spare bedroom in the corner could look so cute. The natural tones in the main bedroom look great with all the little plants placed around. The giant mirror is a good item to fill the space on that wall. Both of the bathrooms look much better and match the rest of the house.
    That basement though! The little entry room with the laundry is cute. I like that the little kitchen is almost a replica of the upstairs kitchen. The mirrors by the dinning table are a nice way to make the room feel bigger and brighter. Great job using the contemporary style in the basement and a country/traditional style upstairs but they flow together well with the colors you chose. The basement bedroom is very spacious and gives a relaxing feel. The backyard has been brought to life! The firepit will probably get more use with the addition of the stools, and they are sure to love the gazebo with a hot tub. The flowers around the extended deck are lovely. There are so many more new things in the backyard I don't know which one I like best. The space around the pool for the loungers and umbrella is very nice and needed. The area around the koi pond with the bird feeder looks like a wonderful place to relax in the shade. I know I will be spending a lot more time in the backyard now. This was a real treat. Thanks for joining this month! :smile:
    Thank you so much @Clousinators I'm so happy you like the way it turned out :)
  • bbdarlingo8sbbdarlingo8s Posts: 201 Member
    @AlJay Love the reno! The basement turned out so cozy - really lovely color scheme. And your authentic details were really well done. Very nice work!
    Check out my gallery #bbdarlingo8s
    Go to my Build Showcase 🏡