Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Apartments

Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
edited September 2021 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I always had mixed feelings about apartments/flats. I love how it is a different way to live and you can challenge yourself with the traits of having spooky or pest-infested homes.

However, I wish you could build apartments either from the ground up or just improve the windows or doors.
I recently got a new cc mod and I realised how beautiful the apartments could be if simmers could improve them or build them.

Apartments gameplay ideas

- Having a community washer and dryer area ( sims could meet all of the neighbours
- If your sims have like their neighbour, they could help dry or fold their clothes. However, if they have a nightmare neighbour, they could dump their wet clothes on a washer or the floor.
-New build traits: Pets friendly ( with a roof garden for a cat or dog park.
Family-friendly- kids/ teen rooms and apartments having two bedrooms.
Eco friendly/ unfriendly-environmental Apartments: Eco apartments will have wind turbines, eco friendly pool (recycled water), fireplaces are banned and bills could be lower.
Unfriendly-environmental apartments could have higher bills but the apartments won't be affected by power and water consumption restriction.

Building abilities
- The ability to remodel windows and doors
- Adding community gyms, pool or bar, community child/teen room. This could help will help sims meet and make friends.
- Age-restricted doors for the teen room and for the bar
- the ability to build outdoor space by removing a room
- Removing the space place restriction for example builders don’t need to use bb. move objects anymore. This would amazing especially if you're love placing clutter and plants

Build items /Build-buy items
- more windows that let in more light
- new kitchen equipment (juicer, waffles maker)
- more beds ( maybe king-size, day beds, children friendly beds, open frame beds and wooden beds.
- Air bed that always deflates
- A child toy kitchen
- new paints and wallpapers
- new curtains
- more flooring
-

Thank you for reading my post.
Post edited by Simzilla_7 on

Comments

• Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    I just wish apartments were smaller
  • Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    edited August 2021
    I just wish apartments were smaller

That's a great idea.
    Maybe we could build a mico apartment like in tiny living. Have the same benefits and rent to be halved because of their size.
  • candybootcandyboot Posts: 129 Member
    I want apartments like how they were in the Sims 2.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Studios might be nice as well. You know, like bedroom as a section of living room, dining room, and kitchen? They had them in TS3. Very compact, but decent for a first home.
  • I only really started playing Sims4 in June, but had been playing Sims 2, before my old laptop died. I really miss being able to make our own apartment buildings. My medieval sims had a whole village on one lot, and someone had uploaded the Painted Ladies from San Francisco to the exchange back in the day. Looking at the Gallery, there are some amazing builds just waiting to be turned into apartment buildings. With multiple packs including apartment buildings, I'm really surprised they haven't added the ability to create your own.