The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which expansion pack do you prefer the most?

Which expansion pack do you prefer the most? 65 votes

The Sims 2 Open For Business (shops, restaurants, real estate agency, car dealership, hair salon, bakery, etc.)
56%
icmnfrshTheSpotted_CIsb917Cynnasimgirl1010g01denswanluthienrisingbarracuda1574KennziKaigemueller_liteannaliese39mariajane216waterywatermelonsnoepjes1210Sorak4LatinaBunnytexxx78ChadSims2EnkiSchmidtBreazona 37 votes
The Sims 3 Ambitions (active careers, consignment shops)
30%
LeGardePourpreCaitxcatApparentlyAwesomealyssasim87taydevjohnny33emereTeeSeabenson2006SindocatCAPTAIN_NXR7OnverserBrandontaylorSERVERFRASeashoreLiviaIVXXXVIDragonmasterleoGoldenkiwwiCoolestdragoneverwildleafbat 20 votes
The Sims 4 Get To Work (active careers, retail shops)
12%
haneulMariefoxprice83cchant86EA_MariVeeDubSandyLee149Randgrithbookwormsimmer25 8 votes

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,818 Member
    The Sims 2 Open For Business (shops, restaurants, real estate agency, car dealership, hair salon, bakery, etc.)
    OFB is my favorite EP in the franchise.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,121 Member
    edited August 2021
    Sims 3 Ambitions was always my favorite. I always loved the invention bench for my sims to invent the Time Machine to go Time Traveling into the past & future, especially when they come back to the present sometimes they get a surprise ancestor or even a child without mating which was way too cool. Also, Twinbrook reminded me of New Orleans. B)
  • alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    i feel like there is so much to do in ambisions. so many awesome careers like ghost hunter and fire fighters. sure running a buisiness is always fun but i enjoy these active careers more. plus the time machine is pretty neat too. and it adds being able to do freelance stuff as well like be a writer or painter or inventor of course. and the world is fun to be in as well.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Don't get me wrong, Ambitions was great and a strong EP, but I used OFB more. Plus I really like doing restaurants, and OFB is the only one that includes that in these options. If I liked active careers more then retail/work from home affairs Ambitions would probably be my fav.

GTW is actually a decent EP in it's own right, but it could definitely benefit from a once over by the Sims team. It was from a time before they set their own EP rules and it shows. It has its hands in many things, but several not well developed.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    I choose Sims 3 because I don’t know what Sims 2’s Open for Business is like.

I think Ambitions is great! The Ghost Buster career, being a firefighter, sculpting, inventing and doing the Simbot & Monster Creator challenges are some of the things I enjoy doing the most in Sims 3.
    Twinbrook is one of my favorite worlds because it has swamps and ground fog and I simply love, love for my sim to sit in a rowing boat in a swamp and fish for those luminous salamanders that came with Supernatural.
    All my werewolves lived in Twinbrook too…
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I loved OFB in the Sims 2. It was my favorite EP, but Sims 2 overall just isn't for me anymore so I picked Get to Work. I wish that we could have more store types in Sims 4 and stores on our home lots, but I like the retail stores and the doctor career Get to Work offers.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I'd have voted for Get to Work, but until they stick a toggle in there to get rid of the aliens, that's always going to stick in my craw, so I went back to the old days and voted for Open for Business.
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Open for Business is my favorite Sims expansion it was so well thought out the game play possibilities were amazing the big and little details were there working cash registers the Sims left with bags it had everything one needs for retail.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • TheSpotted_CTheSpotted_C Posts: 293 Member
    Open For Business for the in-home businesses and the toy store and toys you could create alone. This was definitely one of my favorite EPs from Sims 2.

Ambitions was frustrating for me because if you rotated to a new household, you lost all your progress in certain careers.

Get To Work is great but I do think they could've given us more - diseases that could cause death, let the sim ray do more damage etc.
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    To this day I still have so much fun playing OFB. Whether it's retail, service, or running a venue that charges hourly
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Hands down for me is OFB! That's the one thing that I always play whenever I go back to TS2. I loved business on home lots, owning a little beauty salon, the restaurants, and retail stores ..... simply *chef's kiss*
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,862 Member
    Easy one for me :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • JustKeepSimming2JustKeepSimming2 Posts: 31 Member
    This one had so much more content then the other games. I really miss this pack.
  • bookwormsimmer25bookwormsimmer25 Posts: 24 Member
    I liked Get to Work the most since it combined Ambitions and Open for business.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I really enjoyed TS3: Ambitions, not just for the gameplay but for that world, and the sims native to it. I was not yet playing in the franchise during TS2, and haven't felt a pressing need for active careers in TS4 so Get to Work is on a waiting list, and not at the top of it. While gameplay may sell me on a pack, it's usually other things - a town, build/buy assets. CAS assets, etc. - that really grab me.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited November 2021
    I don't like to manage a business.

I prefer the active careers, I like a lot the Firefighter career.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    Sims 2 Open For Business. I can do have my sims do bakeries and all sorts of shops, like toy shows -have enough other Sims can come over without me having to install retail and bakery mods like I had to do with Sims 3.

Even better, the retail business can be run on the Sims’ own home lots, which makes it so much easier to deal with and without the hassle of traveling. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)