Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uh...OH PLUM! Now I have to buy new industrial kit because....

TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
So I'm really not into the kits, I bought the vacuum kit thinking it would be fun - only to find it a nightmare to play with and had to disable it in the launcher with the advanced settings (yes I HATE it that much!)

Now while I appreciate adding new game play, so far nothing about the kits has yet to appeal to me (unless I build Jasmines palace)...ESPECIALLY the industrial loft set.

I see the promo screenshots and I'm like...nope this looks completely uninteresting to me and kinda ugl-, OH PLUM ON A STICK!

I just HAD to open the item view to see what was in it. While NONE of the furniture appeals to me - the actual industrial stuff/decor does - why?

Some of you might recall I'm building spaceships for "closed lot gameplay" and wow does the industrial decor look awfully great for a spaceship.....

SOOOO I bought it....

Plum...feeding the EA money machine again...

At least I don't regret it; unlike the shiny floor sprinkle and dust bunny hallucinations...

oWrh6k7.gif

You see them too right?! So shiny!
Post edited by TOLKIEN on

Comments

• Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I wasn't going to buy it either and went back and forth on it since it is my opinion we have a lot of objects that already look like the objects in this kit, but then I'm also one of those people who have to have all the packs (except Star Wars, no thanks!) so I finally thought, it's only 5 bucks and I'm going to spend that 5 bucks somewhere else anyway. :smiley:
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Your spaceships sound really cool, I'm always amazed at the incredible things people build. (Not a very good builder myself.) I hope you'll share some pictures when you're finished. :)

Yes, after the original poll I started working on a scary spaceship (that won), but after some play testing I wanted something before that which would test me theory rather than just to tell a story. So I ended up working on a totally new design that incorporates both horror and diplomacy lol...

I'll post pics soon!

• Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Hahahahaha. Can't wait to see pics!! 😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    Your spaceships sound really cool, I'm always amazed at the incredible things people build. (Not a very good builder myself.) I hope you'll share some pictures when you're finished. :)

Yes, after the original poll I started working on a scary spaceship (that won), but after some play testing I wanted something before that which would test me theory rather than just to tell a story. So I ended up working on a totally new design that incorporates both horror and diplomacy lol...

I'll post pics soon!

That sounds amazing! Looking forward to your pics!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I'm not thrilled about build by kits because they are so limited.
    But I do like those air ducts and and a few other items.

I wish this had been stuff pack. The theme is wasted on a kit.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

Well this confirms I won't be getting the dust bunny kit, lol! :#:D

Though as a builder/player, good to hear the industrial kit is decent. :)
    I'll probably get it then.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    I have to admit that when I started playing Sims, it was with Sims2. I was never into gaming prior to that. I bought ever pack offered, and even a scant few Store items. I was less enchanted by Sims3, and more worried my computer didn't have enough room for a game that was already buggy, so I didn't purchase everything offered. I had no need to "complete the set' as it were. While I love and am very much enjoying Sims (with a handful of mods, mind you) I don't feel compelled to purchase everything. Kits are very inexpensive and I bought the first three, loving the content and using it just about in every Sim household, as a matter of fact. But, the industrial look just isn't appealing to me and after reading something today that much of it is reconstituted objects/furniture already in our game, I'll keep my five bucks, thank, you.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    I doubt I'll be getting it. The items are way too similar to items we already have and cc is just better anyway (since there's no gameplay attached (I think)).
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    The reason I bought this kit is because I also need more pipes and airducts for my spacecraft (and shady underground bar).

I do remember your poll! Can’t wait to see screenshots of your spaceships! 👍🏼
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    The reason I bought this kit is because I also need more pipes and airducts for my spacecraft (and shady underground bar).

I do remember your poll! Can’t wait to see screenshots of your spaceships! 👍🏼

And we need pics from you too! Where are all these lovely space crafts?!

I love me a good starship. 🚀🛸😃
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,961 Member
    edited August 2021
    Idk I don't really feel anything for the furniture in this pack and i don't really even use air vents we already have cause well meh i don't really even see them that often irl to really feel weird about not having any in sight

+ i mean its not like sims can actually crawl in them like spy movie either so whats the point

but i do feel slightly regretful about the new wall decal,rug, window and that woody looking door cause those are some items game just can't have too many of

sadly for ea not enough to actually buy this kit tho

I might have if it came with normal ugly bulky leather couches instead of whatever this modern stylized look they keep repeating is (i mean the puffy leather texture is 10/10 tho i just dont like rest of it)

I'm just not biggest fan of modern furniture i guess is what im saying
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    JaiSeaJaiSea Posts: 909 Member
    I doubt I'll be getting it. The items are way too similar to items we already have and cc is just better anyway (since there's no gameplay attached (I think)).

I agree, but bought it any way. No, there isn't any new gameplay.
    Check out my latest Multiplayer Let's Play! The Off the Grid challenge - single family addition.
    MPOTGthumbnail.jpg
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    It's like a continuation of City Living & Myschino. :)