Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    @Ellupelluellu
    Ohhh, that's right! Veera and Batuu Dude need to get married already! ;) I understand about weddings being a mess so avoiding them though. I would've gotten Essa and Josh married long ago except for the same reason. I wanted to throw the wedding of the century for them, but..eh... the thought of it after seeing what others have gone through makes me cringe. They won't have a quickie elopement in their undies in the bathroom like most of my Sims end up doing, but it won't be a gigantic affair when they do get married. :)

Yes, Kat is the evil *beep* that did that to Essa. Thankfully she's gone now. *whew* Good riddance! However, I love the makeover Maxis Kat I made, just not the personality I've written for her. I might use her in another save at some point. :)

Yeah, I know it has to be there. Ah well... Melody should be the only one to 'see' what's under it anyway. Although, the way he acts I get the feeling he wants everyone to see it! HAHA!

HAHA! Love your twist with this statement! I think you missed your calling dear, you should've been a comedian! Love your sense of humor!

Fabulous update! I loved the entire thing, so funny and sweet too! Love to see Greg and Malcom getting along so well now. That hug was so sweet. Nobody'd guess he was actually Grim seeing that screenshot. :) Hilarious how Greg STILL didn't listen to Veera too, but tried to do the mission anyway by just showing the pics. hehe I think Greg and Veera need a sabacc table in their house since it seems Greg loves to play the game. I think the only actually 'fun' items in that house I downloaded is a couple computers and a chess table. o.O River crying over the mounted fish is priceless! hehe

@SoulGal7
    hehe Nope, you most likely know by now that Vlad was nowhere in sight when Essa went inside to rescue Josh. However that was on purpose on my part. I made him hibernate to keep him out of the way. ;)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited August 2021
    Update 233 - A Confrontation

blJfQng.jpg
    "What do you want?" Lydia asked suspiciously when Kat asked her to meet her behind her house. She kept her defenses up, wary of meeting with Kat alone.
    YjPd1sK.jpg

"Well, the truth is," Kat began, with much less confidence than Lydia usually saw her speak with. "I have been thinking a lot since our last encounter, and...well, I'm just not sure I want to be in league with Miss He.ll anymore. The amount of people we've turned without permission has become astronomical. And well, I guess I'm here to offer an olive branch...at least on my behalf. I want to help you take Miss He.ll down and free the others."
    VeyesEj.jpg

"How do I know you're telling the truth?" Lydia looked at her, though her instinct was to trust the woman she had once loved.
    wyy8Iqc.jpg

"You're just going to have to trust me," Kat told her, her face full of remorse.
    jOUYDIR.jpg

"Alright," agreed Lydia. "Let's start coming up with a plan..."
    PxteULN.jpg

Also I enjoyed this relationship between Kat and Lydia since they have a red friendship bar but a bit of a pink romance one as well :)
    Z2It7Zq.png

--
    I know this is kind of vague and weak as far as story telling goes, but this is all I got right now haha. I did have bigger plans in my head for a backstory and reconciliation with Lydia and Kat in the back of mind (It was something I had thought of a few months ago actually) but I just ran out of time and energy to really flesh it out, so this will do for now :)

The rest of this post is coming tomorrow, I just wanted to get a daily photo in. I have the photos, but I'm just too tired to post them with a story right now. I've had a busy week since I have final exams since my first 8 week term is wrapping up. Also I'm still having trouble with the "Don't drink deeply for 5 days" part of the good vampire aspiration. I can't get the countdown to start no matter what I do...getting frustrated. I might just end up cheating this milestone and moving on so I can see if I can make some progress on that aspiration as this month comes to an end...

Anyway, I should have some time and energy to do comments tomorrow as well :) Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Post edited by permanentrose on
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 24: "The Good Vampires"

9wEsHWD.png

Notes
    7nUtSsV.png
    I'm sure y'all have already guessed that Essa and Josh both completed the Good Vampire Aspiration. Essa has now completed all three aspirations for the month! Congrats Essa, I'm proud of you! <3

I couldn't come up with a good explanation for the hibernation this time, so for story purposes, it never happened. ;) I still wanted to include a screenshot for it though because I loved seeing them side-by-side hibernating together, thought it looked kinda cool, and maybe a little, uh, romantic? :D

I put Essa's garden in household inventory this time and it really helped the time pass quicker since she didn't need to get up to take care of it. Essa only had to stop hibernating twice, to pay the bills. They started the first Friday in Summer and ended the first Friday in Fall. On a side note, I got a laugh out of putting that cat statue there. It kind of looks like it's guarding them, or maybe just waiting for dinner? ;)

9noJ5HQ.png
    One of the first things Essa did when she and Josh returned home was to call her Dad to let him and the girls know Josh was home, safe and sound where he belonged. She told him about Kat and asked him would he tell her more about her real Mother. He said he would tell her, it was time she knew anyway. However, he said it was a long story and he'd rather not get into it on the phone.

They made plans for Essa and Josh to come to Glimmerbrook and stay with Morgyn and the girls for a couple days at her old house. That way, she and Josh could see the girls and Simeon could share the details about her Mother and what had occurred long ago.

She also told him about the coffin they'd found and wondered if he could transportalate it out of the mansion and maybe figure out how to open it since it was locked.

"You found a locked coffin? With someone hibernating inside? What did it look like?"
    "I don't really remember, maybe white and gold? But what does it matter what it looked like?"

Simeon was quiet for a moment and then said, "It doesn't matter, I was just curious. I can transportalate it to the Glimmerbrook house, or perhaps here at HQ, I'll let you know. Just give me the address where it is and I'll take care of it."
    "Do you think you can use magic to get it open?"
    "I don't know, maybe, maybe not. It depends. I wish I could give you a better answer than that, but I can't until I see it."
    "Okay, thanks Dad, we'll see you in a couple days. Love you!"
    "I love you too my sweet Essa."

mPKZrWo.png
    After Essa hung up with her Dad, she had another urgent task to do. She'd taken Kat's urn when they left Vlad's mansion so she could deal with making sure her ghost could never escape from it and continue her evil ways. Essa put it down on the floor and quickly released her spirit to the Netherworld. Greg took her soul, but her spirit still remained inside the urn. She hissed the entire time until it was finally gone.

U4R1PZX.png
    "Good Riddance!" Essa said, waving goodbye at the urn and then pretended to dust off her hands. *Note - Essa had a moodlet that literally said "Good Riddance" and she had another from witnessing the death of an enemy, a happy +3.

diBpWB4.png
    She then took the urn outside and buried it in the old cemetery plot behind the rental house. She didn't think Greg or anyone else would mind it was there. Out of sight, out of mind.

bSsTA9Q.png
    Back in the house, Essa told Josh the plans for a visit to Glimmerbrook and the mystery coffin arrangements. She then went upstairs again to continue writing a book she'd started in Del Sol Valley. *Note - She of course now has the Bestselling Author aspiration.

MZ42Dew.png
    Josh was busy upgrading the television after crafting a guitar on the woodworking table.

Nd9m036.png
    Later, he went outside to begin building a rocket ship. He'd had the kit for it ever since they lived in Del Sol Valley, but hadn't had the time to build it, or the room for that matter. He was lucky he'd had proof it was purchased with his own personal finances or it might've been confiscated in the studio lawsuit. *Note - And, of course, Josh is working on the Nerd Brain aspiration.

He couldn't stop thinking about Essa though. He'd missed her so much and missed their more intimate moments. Josh gave up trying to concentrate on building the rocket and went inside to seek out Essa.

LovIx1q.png
    TISodLI.png
    "Are you sure about this? I mean, considering, I'd think you'd be tired of being intimate and want a break. I'll...understand, I will! It's okay. I don't know if I'd be ready, if--"
    "Beautiful, I don't remember any of it, and even if I did, I certainly wouldn't call it intimate. In my mind it's been too long, I need you, I want you, only you. I've missed making love to you. I want to feel close to you, like before any of this happened. Please don't worry, I love you."

lHN8gwd.png
    "I love you too..." She whispered before he captured her lips with his own for a passionate kiss.

VWyrReG.png
    *Note - Don't mean to spoil the moment, but that cat statue is making me laugh again. Look at it! It looks like it's staring at Essa's butt! o.O Or maybe it's just shocked at what's happening in front of it. :D

HBMD7sU.png
    "Come here Beautiful, let's have some fun."
    "Well this will be a first, never thought we'd ever--"
    "Less talk, more love, get in here!"
    "Yes Sir! With pleasure!"

tpUEEX3.png
    7SAmluX.png
    I just had a lightbulb moment! No wonder there's so many bats, they're forming a heart, see? <3

Xp9GLJu.png
    "Oh.My.Gawd! Wow! That was incredible. So that's what it's like to woo hoo in a coffin." Essa laughed.
    "Mmm, hmm, pretty sexy eh?"
    "Oh yeah! We'll be doing that again."
    "Yes, we will, over and over..." Josh trailed off with a smile as he gently touched her face, his eyes filled with love and satisfaction.

U89ER4p.png
    Josh went back to building the rocket and Essa left to walk down the street to Nik and Inna's house. She needed to talk to him about Kat and find out what he knew. Not far from the front of their house, she saw Frank hunched over with sparks and electrical charges shooting off his metal body. It was raining so she suspected he forgot to take an umbrella when he left his house to come here. She hurried over to repair him as best she could.

VrTmlTp.png
    "Oh Frank, you poor thing. Where's your umbrella? You can't go outside without one when it's raining, you know that!"

Frank couldn't say anything though, his circuits were too weak and water-logged. He was just incredibly happy Essa saw him before it was too late. Everyone else that had seen him just passed right on by as if he wasn't even there. How rude!

"Don't worry, I'll get you fixed right up and then you and Josh can have a long chat to catch up. I'm on my way to visit a friend, but hopefully you'll still be there when I get home. If not, well then we can catch up later." Essa chattered away while fixing Frank.

CpNIMiG.png
    Pretty soon he was as good as new. He fired up his hover rockets and prepared to leave. Frank had indeed traveled here to visit both of them, but that was earlier in the afternoon. He'd been gone for way too long and thought Bendy might be worried about him.

"I.will.come.over.again.when.I.am.able.I.miss.my.creator.and.you.Essa.I.hope.you.are.well.I.must.go.now.Goodbye." Frank said and zoomed away.

"Oh, okay, well...you're welcome!" She called after him.

"Thank.you.very.much.I.am.grateful.Tell.Josh.I.say.Hello." He called back.

Essa continued her walk to Nik's house until she heard someone heave a big sigh and saw Adam Lambert walking down the middle pathway of the community area slumped over with his head down. He looked so sad. She looked at Nik's house and then turned away and ran over to Adam.

JbSU1wd.png
    "Adam! Hey, Hi! Are you okay? Anything I can do to help cheer you up? It's been so long since we've seen you."

*Note - Adam should've been looking at Essa, but there was some kind of glitch going on.

ZgNgxmI.png
    "Yeah, I'm fine. Nothing I can't handle on my own."
    "Well, okay. I hope whatever it is gets better. We do care about you Adam, even if we haven't spoke in awhile."

976cpSu.png
    "You are so sweet! I appreciate that you took the time to stop and ask how I'm feeling. It means a lot. I feel better just knowing someone cares. Josh is a very lucky guy. Speaking of Josh..."

suVCDmD.png
    "I've been meaning to call him. I have a residency gig coming up soon in San Myshuno. I get so many fans asking about him and why he's not singing with me. The girls just love him, guys too! Have him give me a call and we'll talk about perhaps having him do the gig with me. Oh and hey, I have an apartment you're both welcome to use too if you want to come along. Think about it. San Myshuno is a fun town. I think you'd like it there."
    "Okay, cool, I'll have Josh give you a call. Thanks so much Adam, so good to see you again! I have to go though, I was on my way to visit a friend. He lives right there." She explained and pointed at the Masters' home.
    "That's fine, I understand. We'll catch up soon. Maybe even sooner than you think." Adam said with a wink as he waved and walked away with a spring in his step this time.

4IP8j5W.png
    (I hope he's still awake.)
    (Tsk, of course he is, silly. He's a vampire! This is your daytime. D'uh!)

Essa walked up to the front door and knocked. She'd been told she could walk right in since she was 'family,' but she still couldn't bring herself to do that. It just seemed wrong. She patiently waited for someone to answer thinking about everything that had happened and the news about a possible gig with Adam for Josh. It sounded like fun to her, and she'd never stand in the way of Josh having any opportunity to sing with Adam. He'd been so good to them.
    (Josh is going to be so excited!)

AceAHS5.png
    I'm just including this screenshot because I thought it was pretty and spooky! I took it after Essa fixed up Frank when I noticed the moon coming up right next to Vlad's estate.
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    edited August 2021
    I updated my post above - Update 233. Here's a quick one for today too!

--
    Update 234 - Growing Stronger

2NUDBMV.jpg
    Honestly it's taking SO LONG to get Jules fully ranked up. I'm just trying to have her use her powers and spar as much as she can.

She purchased the "deprive needs" power, and Sakura was willing to be her guinea pig as she tested them out.
    9zxizks.jpg

Poor, sweet Sakura. She's even managing to keep a smile on her face as Jules depletes her needs haha.
    1qYE8Wy.jpg

Jules also practiced asking permission for plasma and found that the those wandering around the Hollow were often more willing than she first imaged to let her have a drink.
    ZbIHXBb.png

She compelled Bryon to clean.
    7KExsyc.jpg

But he read a book instead :D
    LfkKVl2.jpg

And she challenged Sakura to a spar and overcame her pretty quickly. Poor Sakura needs a break...
    oenAy24.jpg
    EWieH4G.jpg
    LcS4Ham.jpg

But she's a good sport and got right back up and thanked Jules for taking the time to train with her.
    XSFL1L9.jpg
    *Updated my August 24th post above! I'll post comments on your lovely updates when I get back later tonight! Have a great day/night! <3
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,873 Member

@permanentrose ,
    -- Ah your update sneaked between mine, so I did not saw it right away :) Nice dark form for Bryon :) And haha, indeed, best ways to come friends, take a picture, instant boost :) Haha, at least 4 is needed to help Ruby at school project, and she is not happy even then :p
    --Oh.. so Kat wants to be at the good side of the force.. hmmm.. I wonder..
    --Ranking up is fastest if you read the last vampire book over and over again. As then Jules does not need to use her powers, and does not need to rest at all.. just read :)

@Karababy52 ,
    Haha, thanks :p I had so much fun playing those two updates :) And I honestly did not even noticed River getting in the house :D He might of been there for a while, like Bob used to hang around at DSV house :p
    And hey, can't blame Greg much, about not listening Veera, after all he has done that listening part for so long :D BUT he sure listens if it is about woohoo (Like back at G where Malcolm DID die :p )
    -- Okay, based on that first picture, Essa REALLY was in hurry to meet Josh again :smiley: Not blaming her ;) Josh has lots to deal , starting of Grim himself :pI LOVE HIS FACE IN THAT PICTURE :joy:
    Oh.. locked coffin? Another twist? Nice , now I wanna know who is in there :p
    -- Aww.. sweet pic actually, those two coffins side by side :) Oh, good that her dad will help her open the coffin. Mmmh .. not so sure how good idea is take the coffin too Realm.. Don't ask why, I don't know, just have that kind of feeling, haha :joy: Lol, at the name of the urn :p
    Hi Frank! It has been long time! Haha, oh my, Adam sure is shiny :p
    Lovely last picture!!!

@SoulGal7 ,
    Thank you for you comments :) I indeed had fun playing that :D I hope you get some playtime too, soon :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited August 2021
    August 15 - Sulani - Day 7 - Saturday - Morning At Admiral's Wreckage

beachcoming-sakura.png
    Sakura, Ken and Ren were up early. After spending time at Admiral's Wreckage last night, Ren and Ken had asked Sakura if they could go there again today. They wanted to work on their fishing skills to get the last badge for Scouts. And Ren had said they could chase more of the seagulls away, which would help Sulani. Sakura smiled at them and agreed. She decided that she would leave the triplets at home in the care of Nanny Darsh.

sakura-gave-wolf-a-kiss.png

The triplets were still asleep when Sakura kissed Wolfgang goodbye on the cheek and headed off with Ren and Ken to Admiral's Wreckage. Wolfgang worked today and had work in two hours, and Nanny Darsh was already there.

they-set-out-their-beach-chairs-and-towels.png

Sakura had packed some beach towels and loungers and when they arrived, they set them out. Ren was anxious to start fishing, and so off he went. Ken decided he wanted to look for some "buried treasure" first and started to beachcomb. Sakura laughed at the thought of finding buried treasure, but decided she would look for some seashells.

As Sakura wandered about the beach, she looked up and saw some strange hieroglyphics on a wall and upon closer inspection discovered that there was a cave.

there-was-something-on-the-wll-and-there-looked-to-be-a-cave.png

Ren had come running over then, "Mommy, are you going in there? Can I come, too?"

ren-called-after-her-mommy-what-did-you-find.png

Sakura looked at the entrance. It was rather dark and she wouldn't go very far inside, "Ren, you stay here. It's pretty dark in there and I don't want you to fall and hurt yourself. It looks like a sea cave. I will be right back..."

it-was-pretty-dark-in-there.png

Sakura carefully entered the cave and made her way along the wall. She could barely make out anything until her eyes adjusted to the darkness and with the light shining in through the cave behind her, she thought she saw a shiny object...
    GLINT-OUT-OF-REACH-SEA-CAVE.png

Ken had come up beside Ren and shouted into the cave, "Mommy, are you okay in there?"

ken-brought-over-a-plate-of-food-mommy-are-you-ok-in-there.png

COMING-OUT-OF-THE-CAVE-A-PAPARAZZI-MET-HER.png

Sakura came back out of the cave to be met by a paparazzi. "There's nothing in there, just a sea cave..." Sakura told Ren and Ken that she had seen some type of river in there, and that it wouldn't be safe to go in there alone.

IM-FINE-ITS-JUST-A-SEA-CAVE.png

Ren and Ken scampered off again and when they and the paparazzi left, Sakura opened her hand and gazed at the item she had found. Oh my gosh! It was a coin...some type of gold coin. Could it really be pirate treasure? She went back to where she had placed her pack and slipped the coin in her bag for safekeeping.
    found-buied-treasure.png

ren-does-some-fishing.png

ken-playing-in-the-sand.png

As Sakura looked around, she saw an islander toss some litter on the ground. She went over to speak to them.

sakura-talking-to-duane-about-some-wrongdoing-he-did.png

Sakura recognized the islander as Duane Talla. She was surprised he had done such a thing.

ok-i-get-it-it-was-just-a-candy-wrapper.png

Duane wasn't sure why Sakura was making such a fuss, "It was just a candy wrapper...Sheesh!"

Duane walked off and Sakura looked after him and shook her head. She wasn't sure if he really understood what he had done. Well, at least she tried. She continued to beachcomb.

A Conservation Officer had witnessed the interaction and came over to talk with her. "It's not everyday that someone would do that. Don't take it too hard. Some sims just don't understand about littering."

Sakura: "Well, my husband is a Conservation Officer and I try to help him out. Maybe you know him? His name is Wolfgang Munch."

i-saw-what-you-did-not-everyone-does-things-like-that-your-wolfgangs-wife-right.png

The Conservation Officer looked at her surprised, "You're Wolfgang's wife? Um...Sakura..is it? Oh Wolfgang talks about you all the time. He really thinks a lot of you...."

Sakura smiled shyly, "Oh? He does? Well, I think he's pretty wonderful, too. Is he working around here today?" she asked looking around hoping to catch a glimpse of him.

Conservation Officer: "Oh no...he's on volcano duty today."

Sakura's jaw dropped, "On volcano duty?"

Conservation Officer: "Yeah, we just make sure that there aren't any stray fires from the lava "sparks". We need to keep that in check. Anyway, it was nice chatting with you, but I have to get back to work now..."

They bid each other farewell and Sakura mulled over what the Conservation Officer had told her about Wolfgang's job. She didn't know he was going to be doing dangerous work here. It was just like Wolfgang to not have told her about that aspect of his job so that she wouldn't worry about him. Sakura decided to make some lunch and headed over to the grill.

sakura-grilling-some-hot-dogs.png

While Sakura grilled lunch, Ren was busy reeling in a really HUGE fish. He had caught a Mahi Mahi.

wow-look-at-the-fish-ren-caught.png

And not long after that, Ken caught a fish, too.

promoted-to-llamacorn-scout-ren-and-ken.png
    ren-promoted-to-llamacorn-scout.png
    ken-promoted-to-llamacorn-scout.png

And just like that, they had both finished their Outdoors Badge, and were promoted to Llamacorn Scouts! Congratulations to Ren and Ken!

having-a-great-time-together-since-they-are-now-done-with-scouts.png

After lunch, Ren and Ken made a sand sculpture together.

turtle-sand-sculpture.png

Sakura did her part too, and chased those seagulls.

It had been a fun outing, and Ren and Ken got to fish and earn their badge. They would be heading to Scouts soon, and Sakura decided it was time to head back home and check on Kyra, Riki and Hana.

sakura-helping-sulani.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Mx8

August, day 22

DVOHwsq.png

The one before the Kava Party .
    odg2IbO.png
    Yes , yes, we know you are home :p
    Melody returned home the next day, kids are still at Landgraabs mansion , as tonight Melody is going to host a kava party, and naturally better if small kids are not at home :)

pcqUshH.png
    Y9gLeJ6.png
    Milly was the first one to say hi <3

xtOddwn.png
    Melody: "Hmm.. Malcolm, where are my fish from the wall?"
    jtwIJWR.png
    Malcolm: "Oh... Those are actually in our study.. Better that way, believe me. If we do not want lots of locals visiting and crying all evening .. all the time... "

38g9ilf.png
    So, killing some time before sun sets , as some of invited are creatures of the dark :)
    They would of wanted to woohoo, but Watcher was rude and said no.. As house is not currently full :D Free slots, so, no risks :p

qpEvgWT.png
    St9YExr.png
    7yjpjZg.png
    2zllXJL.png

HKiZd4w.png
    svfmssJ.png
    DKkXrUq.png
    c4goB0X.png
    DVOHwsq.png

@SoulGal7 ,
    --Lovely update :) Hehe where did Ken got that corn he is eating near the cave :p From his swim trunk pockets, I assume .. haha sims.. :p
    Duane!! Tsk tsk!!
    Aww.. Wolfie talks about her all the time at work <3
    Great for boys to get promoted on scouts!! :)

@permanentrose
    Hmm, I don't know if I would trust Kat Jules. It could just be a ploy to get inside information. She might be taking advantage of their prior relationship. I guess we shall see soon! If I were you I'd just cheat to complete the don't drink for 5 days task. I think it's bugged. I got it to work for Essa, but it wouldn't for Josh so I just cheated to complete that task for him.

Poor Sakura being Jules' guinea pig. So sweet of her to accept it with grace though, sounds like something she would do. Speaking of challenge Sims being vampires. It's been WAY longer than should be for Jules and Sakura to go through the final transformation, but they haven't yet. I wonder if having Essa and Josh hibernate glitched something out with them turning. If they don't turn in the next couple days, I'll use a cheat to turn them. Unless, of course, you'd rather Jules didn't stay a vampire after the month is finished. In that case I won't worry about it. Let me know. :)

Very cool she had no problem asking Sims for permission though. Bryon looks good with his dark mode. Strange he didn't obey her commands though. o.O

@Ellupelluellu
    Oh yeah, I can see why he'd not listen very closely after so many decades/centuries together. Yep, I remember about how he did sit up and pay attention when Veera threatened no more woo hoo if he didn't bring Malcom back to life. hehe

Oh man, I LOVED those images of his face too! So funny! I actually used the 'tell deep secret' to get those faces. Priceless!

Won't find out who's in the coffin until probably tomorrow or the next day's post. ;) Simeon will most likely bring it to the Glimmerbrook house, not in the Realm. I had thought about having him send it to their house in FH, but there isn't any room for it anywhere. o.O I guess I could expand the house or maybe give it a basement though. Hmm...

Gah! Adam, yeah, way too shiny. I should've just turned off the celebrity shine, but didn't think of it until after I'd already taken screenshots. Oh well... Thanks about that last shot, I thought it was really spooky looking with the moon, Vlad's house, the rain and fog. Love it myself. :)

Love this update, love all your updates, but the Sulani ones are especially enjoyable to see. Gorgeous shots of Melody interacting with the dolphin. Some Simmers say there isn't much to do in Sulani, I could never understand that, there is a lot of things to do there! I never, ever get bored with my Sims in Sulani. For example, those Aqua Jets are SO much fun to watch our Sims riding on and doing tricks with them. I always have them get the stereo option so whenever they do tricks, it's almost like watching a music video, or a competition, movie or something. It's fun!

hehe Have to comment on Melody waving again, so funny! Almost looks like she's waving at you! ;) Milly is such an adorable little kitty! Love all their pets! Good idea moving the fish to the study Malcom. Would be depressing seeing Sims constantly crying over them when they visit or barge in. Aww, you big meanie not letting them woo hoo! I get it though, they have enough kidlets. hehe

@SoulGal7
    Oh cool, back to the wreckage. I love that site, had a few Sims live there. Not many though since it's so HUGE! Nice find for Sakura in the cave, of course the paps found her. 🙄 Aww, Duane! Gah, I don't like how the game chooses Islanders to play those special roles in the pack. It makes NO sense whatsoever, should be some random other Sim or a game generated Sim for those roles, not residents. Usually the Conservation workers are game generated, so why not for those other roles? It's backwards really, the Conservation workers, I can see being local Sims, such as Makoa who actually does have that career. But no, usually, at least in my game, Makoa is the only local in that career. Oh well...
    @Karababy52 -
    If Sakura doesn't turn, it's alright, but yeah, I'd like it if she can be "normal" again after the month. :) lol
    @Karababy52 I'll do a full reply later, but I don't mind either way if Jules stays a vampire or returns to normal. She's already a vampire permanently in @Ellupelluellu's game which I think fits her and it's always fun to see what she gets up to, so if you want more vampires in your save, feel free to keep her as one! But really it doesn't matter to me :)
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 25: "Little secrets are commonly told again. But great ones generally kept."

lS4tR3p.png

Notes
    E3oEsok.png
    "Essa! My dear child, I believe congratulations are in order. I was confident you would be successful in the rescue of your young man."
    "Thanks, I owe it all to you and everyone else that helped me and believed in me. And about that, I have something important I need to ask you."
    "Alright, please, have a seat."

vUhLWbA.png
    "How did you know I had defeated Kat? Did Greg tell you? Did he say anything to you about what happened afterward?"
    "No, Greg did not tell me. We are neighbors, I happened to see you and Josh walking toward your house hand-in-hand and assumed the battle was finished and you had won. I have not been in contact with Greg for a couple days."

cnRrCSz.png
    "Okay, well, Kat said I would have to kill her in a duel to the death to get Josh back. She would not agree to let him go otherwise, just as you suspected. When she died, the cloak she was wearing to mask her appearance disappeared and she turned into my Mother. Or so I thought anyway. But Greg said that she wasn't really my Mother and to ask you who she was, that you would know. He would have told me himself but he was called away to reap another soul."

"Why was Kat pretending to be my Mother, Nik? And who and where is my real Mother? What's going on?"

BSCJiSe.png
    "I knew one day the truth would be revealed. I hope you do not despise me after what I am about to tell you. I am ashamed of what I have done. Though I must say in my defense, I did not know Kat was such an evil woman at the time. I was only trying to do a favor for a friend."
    "Please don't worry Nik, I can't think of anything you could tell me that would make me hate you. You've been nothing but kind and generous and so very loving to me."
    "We shall see..."

Nik took a deep breath and began to tell the story of what happened long ago when Essa was just a toddler, a story that had been kept a secret between friends.

"The most important thing you must know is that your Mother's name is Cordelia Connors. She is Greg's sister and a vampire as well."

2yCIIkQ.png
    "WHAT!? My Mother is Grim's sister? Are you freakin' kidding me? And a vampire too? OH.MY.GAWD! I don't believe it!"
    "Believe it my child, it's true."
    "This is, is...I don't know what to say or feel. It's just...so wait, that means I'm half vampire and half spellcaster? Or I was anyway until I had to give that up to be a vampire... oh man, the Grim Reaper is my Uncle! Holy....Melody's my cousin! We really ARE family! That blows my mind, I turned her so she's my offspring, but she's also my cousin?"
    "Yes, all you have said is indeed correct."

8JIuhpu.png
    "So, where does Kat come into all this? How did she end up pretending to be my Mother? Where's my real Mother?"

"I'll tell you what I know, that's all I can do. There are some things I do not know and I apologize for that. As the Grim Reaper, Greg has the ability to know where every soul is located. That is how he was able to help you find Damon when you had your troubles with him. Cordelia is the reason I was able to secure his services for you. He owed me a favor because I had done a favor for him in relation to her. That is the way of the Hollow, favors."

"One day Greg could not 'see' Cordelia's soul, but she had not died. Somehow her soul was masked from him. However, he could still locate you. He thought perhaps by going to where he knew you to be, he would find his sister. But she was not there. He found you alone in your crib, hungry and soiled, but quiet, playing with a necklace. I believe it to be the one you are wearing now."

"You started to cry when you saw him, and then stopped when he picked you up. You snuggled against his chest and began to suck your thumb, looking at him with what he described as 'adoration and trust in your big, beautiful teal eyes'. Taking you to some kind of child protective services or orphanage was out of the question. You are his niece and he fell in love with you that instant. However, Greg was at a loss as to what he should do. He was unable to take care of you himself since he was single at the time and had his Reaper responsibilities."

"Greg and I have been good friends for a long, long time. He called me and asked for help in finding a guardian for you. We had hoped it would only be for a short time, until he could locate Cordelia. I contacted Kat and she agreed to take care of you."

eeAGgCJ.png
    "YOU!?! You're the reason I lived with that evil woman for years?"
    "Unfortunately, I am exceedingly ashamed to say you are correct."

VdLN86C.png
    "How could you? How, how could you be that cruel knowing what she was like. Why would you think she would be a good person to take care of a child?"
    "I did not--"

2jgvaeN.png
    "Do you know what she put me through? Do you have any idea how she treated me? We lived on the street! Barely just surviving. Any food we would get she would eat most of it herself. I was always hungry, always dirty, always sad and scared. She would slap me and tell me to "SHUT UP!" whenever I cried. I learned to not cry very fast, trust me."

Gkg0aft.png
    "She SOLD me to a guy so he could have his way with me. She was selfish and evil and mean and I HATED HER! I killed a man because of her. I lived a lie of who I was over and over because of her. She took Josh away from me and, and... GAHHHH!!"

4YNXI5c.png
    "I am so terribly and sincerely sorry and ashamed. I deserve your anger. I will never forgive myself for being the one who made it possible for her to treat you in that way. I did not know she was like that, no one did at the time. She appeared to be a very good person, very loving and kind and would care for the children of others when they needed her."

rqIsj4u.png
    "She did all that? But...you said she was evil, very old and powerful. How could she be both?"
    "It was all an act to deceive. She was very good at pretending to be a good person though she was anything but that. She came back to the hollow without you for a time and was a monster to everyone without any remorse or apologies. I was afraid what she might have done with you. But Greg knew you were safe. He always knew where you were, of course. He could see your soul."

lHmadz1.png
    "He wanted to get you back when the authorities took you away. He tried very hard to do so, please believe that to be true. But they would not let you out of their protection. They said it was not safe for you. He could have taken you against their will, but that is not his way. Do not blame Greg for any of this, he loves you as do I. We tried our best to make sure you were safe, but I fear we failed."

"I would not blame you if you could not find it in your heart to forgive me, but I hope that you will one day. I feel like you are my own and responsible for you. That is why I tried so hard to help you defeat Kat. I've cared about you and loved you for years my dear. I tried to make right the wrongs I have done that made you suffer. Can you ever forgive me?"

QnHCKCM.png
    "Well...yeah, of course I forgive you. It wasn't your fault, you didn't know she was so evil. You were just trying to do a friend a favor and make sure I was cared for properly. I wish you would've told me sooner though. Especially so I didn't think I'd killed my own Mother. I apologize too for yelling at you. This is all just so overwhelming. I'm a bit of an emotional wreck right now."
    "I understand, and thank you. I will never stop trying to make it up to you however I can dear Essa. That is my way and the right thing to do."
    "You are such an amazing man Nikolas Masters. I'm glad we're family." Essa said with a smile for Nik.
    "Did you ever find my Mother, and if so, where is she?"
    "I do not know. Greg still can not see her soul, but she is alive...somewhere. We will never stop looking, vampires are immortal, one day hopefully we will find her."
    "Alright, well I think I'll go. Josh is probably wondering what's taking so long and maybe getting worried. And honestly, this is a lot for me to digest. My brain is frazzled." Essa laughed nervously and then got up to leave.

ogoJXgr.png
    "Thank you for everything Nik, I love you, see you soon!"
    "And I love you. I shall always be here for you."

1NWzgtf.png
    Essa was barely holding herself together as she walked away. Her mind was a whirlwind of thoughts.

cueebWJ.png
    She had not cried since the vow she'd made to herself after seeing Kat with Josh.

SBCSgOD.png
    But, once she was outside the gate, she broke down and let herself cry.

DNvETiV.png
    Her entire life had been one secret after another with consequences and revelations that rocked her emotions threatening to tear her apart. She was strong though and soon gained her composure, at least for the walk home anyway.

XewMM4N.png
    (What more is there to be revealed? When will it be over? When can I just...be, me. Whoever that is.)
    Essa finally walked away, then began to run. She needed Josh, needed to feel his comforting arms around her, holding her close. He was her rock. Together they had faced anything life had thrown at them.
    (We so need a vacation right now!)
    *Updated my August 25th post above! I'll get started on comments next after I feed my cats! Hope everyone has a fantastic day/night! <3
    edited August 2021
    @permanentrose - Okay, if Jules turns she'll stay a vampire, if she doesn't, I'll make her one! ;)
    @SoulGal7 - If Sakura turns, I'll at least give her a makeover for you to see and then change her back to a normal Sim at the end of the month by your request. :)
    So I just finished finals and everything went very well, but it has been a busy week preparing for everything. Also, my sister and her family are moving back up near her husband's family and today is our last day to spend with them, so I'm not gonna be online much. So I'll just do a proper catch up on everything tomorrow hopefully, since I have the day off from school. Sorry that I haven't given out proper comments in a few days now.

So here's a little one photo update for today - I was just amused by the game's outfit choice for Rose haha. This is what happens when I'm lazy and only edit one outfit category for their dark forms haha.

---

Update 235

cQ0LUh5.jpg

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh, i find plenty of stuff to do in sulani :) And also psome people say that there is not enough empty lost to add venues.. well I bulldoze something, mostly a residential home if I want a ned venue and no empty lots to build /add a lot.
    I always have restaurant in there too, now have as well, but they have not visited there yet :)
    -- Oh well, what a story! And very well written, too!
    Essa, Nik would of never offered Kat the job, if he would of known how she is alike. Remember , at the beginning of Evergreen Harbor, you yourself trusted Kat to babysit your kids. She was then acting too, like you know by now.
    Aww, nice, she and Melody are cousins :smiley:
    Greg seems very sentimental, and a softie :p Well I remember all the pics I took about him with toddlers and pets at DSV house, but none of them fit the story :D
    OH! They absolutely need a vacation after this month :D

@permanentrose ,
    -- Haha :joy: Is that Rose's cold weather outfit at dark form? :p Same with me, I often forget to look other categories , when adding a dark form :D

• miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited November 2021
    Thank you to @permanentrose, @SoulGal7, @Karababy52 for inspiration on how birthdays for our beloved Sims could look - I only wish I had found it when I screenshotted this already...
    For this update, the text and the pictures may not fit that well together. First I screenshotted, then wasn't satisfied and restarted about 5 times. Then, my internship began, so when I came back to this 3 weeks later with many new ideas on what I wanted to incorporate, I realized that the screenshots didn't include these new ideas. I really did not want to screenshot again, as at some point, it was enough - So I just put my ideas in without pictures... But still. :\
    Also, I will include screenshots from most of these tries, if they were too good to miss. So if you notice any little differences in time, weather or appearance, please ignore them. :)
    At first I tried to incorporate the outfit changes into the update, then decided it disrupted more than it was doing good... At least RL toddlers usually go through multiple outfits per day too. :D

But yeah - Yay Birthday! New Year's Eve is already screenshotted too, but I decided to not include it now or it would have been way too long. That'll come later, when I'm not busy renovating their home, studying, working, or creating some friends for the girls.
    What do you think about their looks and personalities?
    last update | Overview post&rules

Update 33 - Bridgeview, Newcrest

3IELq3j.png

Sarah's Diary
    “Come on everyone, I think, it’s time! They’re getting the hang of it, Amelia’s almost walking already!”
    Sarah quickly called everyone to their bedroom and to the youngest family members’ cribs. She had already taken some lovely photos of her two girls in their cribs… They’d put them up in their new room later.
    3otvSlM.png
    Soon, everyone was piling into the small room – the kids just went wherever they found space. Sarah and Greg stood at the cribs, ready to catch the girls, should they stumble on their way out into the world.
    Mark mumbled to himself: “Finally something happens… Told ya it would take a while!”
    Luckily the birthday cake was already finished and out of the oven, or nobody would have remembered to take care of that!
    HDbSg42.png
    All the kids were wriggling around excitedly, trying to see what happened and chattering to each other.
    Connor: “Mommy did I walk like that too when I was little? Bet you I didn’t fall!”
    Sophia: “Hey, everyone does, and I saw you did too. But that’s ok, you just had to practise a little to get it right – just like your homework now.”
    Mark: “Yeah, Mom and Dad had to learn how to walk too, and all of us as well. I used to fall over my feet a lot because I was so excited to walk.”
    Miles: “Aw, I bet Amelia and Rae will be so happy to walk around and be able to look at everything and *do* stuff. It must get boring to lie in that basket all day…!”
    OzASsU2.png
    Greg: “Shhh, I think Rae got it!”
    Greg: “Come to Daddy! You can do it!”
    NzolmUF.png
    Really, she could! Rae slowly stood up and stumbled into Greg’s arms, getting more certain with each step. Greg sniffled a little – his girl was growing up! But then, he caught himself and swept her into a hug.
    Greg: “That’s my girl! You did it!”
    PPW4UVz.png
    Excitedly, ran outside with her and swung her into the air.
    “My dear Rae, my little heroine – I wish for you to have an amazing life, and I want to ensure that. I want you to go out and see the world as a game you’ll conquer someday. Venture out, have fun, find friends, and make your own rules! You’re my amazing little girl, and now you’re so big already – ready to go outside, explore and play. I want you to be able to live in the moment and just do fun stuff, without anything getting in the way. Do what makes you happy, and have fun. As for me – I want to help you with that as much as I can. I’ve gotten you the perfect gift! You’ll see it after the move, it’s in your awesome new room already.”
    by8XH1I.png
    Sarah had come outside after him and almost froze at these words. Wow. Who knew Greg would say something like that, and had such feelings in him? She was happy for Rae, of course, but… had the other kids heard? What would they think? They had never gotten as much attention and love from Greg, and now this…
    DDIXcP3.png
    She shook off her thoughts and went to congratulate Rae, too.
    Sarah: “Dear Rachel, I wish you a life full of fun, friends and great experiences, and I know you’ll grow up to be an amazing person. These first steps are just the beginning of what you can do once you get the ball rolling and try it out – I know it, and I belive in you! To help you along the way, this little horse will be your companion.
    With that, she gave her a little horse toy. She had gotten each of the girls one as companion, one that she believed would suit their personalities best. For Rachel, an arab horse, as wild, fiery and sensitive as her…
    fky465i.png
    Sarah: “How about we go back inside?”
    There, the older kids also wanted to wish Rae a happy birthday – until Miles pointed to the other corner of the bedroom…
    In all the confusion, they had almost missed Amelia’s first steps! She was almost falling out of the bassinet already… Quickly, Sarah ran to catch her.
    STAtdKR.png
    Sarah: “Whoa, that was fast, little one! Look at you, you’re walking now just like your sister!”
    She brought her into the living room, to the others. Teary-eyed with joy and sadness -her babies were growing up!- she swung Amelia through the air.
    44qlg4D.png
    Sarah: “My dear Amelia, you were such a happy, easy-going baby. I still remember your first smile, and all the ones that followed. You looked so happy whenever someone took the time to play with you, or when you had found something new to look at. You would lie in your crib for hours and just look at the world with your big, beautiful eyes…
    I want you to keep that happiness and that curiosity, that fascination for the world, and I wish that you’ll be able to share it with others. I want you to believe in yourself and your imagination, and to listen to the stories it can tell you – no matter what other Sims might say. I want you to stay curious, to learn and see and explore everything in this world. I want you to keep going despite all the hardships you may encounter.
    k5C3rUf.png
    Continue to explore, share your gifts with other people, and be kind and understanding – no matter what problems may be in your way.
    I also wish for you to find comfort in the world around you – in plants, animals, and even the sky. I want you to never feel alone, and to always have a companion. The first of many will be this little cat. She’ll be a wonderful friend in all of your adventures!”
    v5XJXUr.png
    Sarah wiped away a stray tear and gave her little girl a cat toy… It had been hers when she was a little kid, and now Amelia could play with it, carry it everywhere, and even snuggle it in her sleep. Amelia was just like a cat, and just like her. Independent, compassionate, and full of great imagination…
    She smiled sadly, hoping that her little daughter would make different choices than her and wouldn’t have to struggle as much. Was she making a mistake, telling Amelia to follow her dreams like that? Wouldn’t she be more disappointed when she grew up to see that sometimes things just weren’t possible no matter how much you wanted them, no matter how much your dreams were aching to be fulfilled?
    Oh well, she thought to herself, she’d at least try her best to give Amelia a good life. Then she continued hoping the rest of the family would be quiet for just one more moment.
    yP5gEDD.png
    Sarah: “My perfect little girl… There’s one thing that’s even more important – Stay true to yourself. Don’t let anybody stop you from following your dreams, sharing your gifts with others or just doing what’s best for you. Don’t try to be someone else than you are just to please others. Never twist the core of your existence to be popular or to “be like the others”. Be yourself, because you’re awesome just as you are.”
    tvPTJyE.png
    She was interrupted when Connor came barging from behind: “Amelia, Amelia, come on, we’re waiting for you with the cake! And happy birthday from all of us!”
    Really, Rachel’s impatient wails could be already be heard… “Daddy! Hungwy! Hungwy now! Cake!”
    Sarah: “Come on baby girl, let’s eat some cake!” It was a joy to see her girl’s faces light up at the sight of such a treat.
    3IELq3j.png
    The cake was gone in no time at all, and -after yet another outfit change- they took some photos of their birthday girls. Luckily she had been able to get enough clothing for them at a second-hand store, after almost all of her old storage had been deemed unusable because of the mold. And the new clothes looked so cute, it had really been a lucky find.
    1oBCKK9.png
    CqEKlDN.png
    B4Kojg0.png
    What a great birthday. The last toddler baby this family would have… They went for a walk, took selfies, got attacked by bees (in the kitchen! This house was too small) and also found time to prepare the move.
    OrWigvJ.png
    Next, Sarah set about preparing their Grand Meal – ham and fries. It’d have to stay in the oven to rest while they went to the holiday ceremony, so this was very good timing. Such adventurous days with a double birthday, a holiday, and then a move into that beautiful big room with so much space for everyone! Granted, they did seem a bit sad about having to toss so much furniture and even some clothes… luckily most sentimentals could be spared.
    ZvAJFjn.png
    She smiled as she listened to her kids’ excited chattering.
    Amelia: “…flew away???”
    Miles: “Yes, the king of fairies flew away into the air!”
    Amelia: “thiiiis high!”
    Miles: “Yes, and then he flew toward the moon where he lives!”
    Amelia: “Is he still there? I want to see him!”
    Miles: “Well, he’ll decide that himself. But do you know what all the other fairies did then?”
    Amelia: “They dance!”
    Miles: “Yes! And now we’ll dance too, come on! Rae do you want to dance too?”
    Rachel: “Fairies boring, I want dance without story!”
    Amelia: “Not boring! Me want to hear fairy stories and tell them! You watch!”
    557HqcM.png
    Dear kids, they were growing up so quickly. She quickly finished the dinner and went over to them.
    Sarah: “Miles, that was a beautiful story! Rae, I think it’s a great idea to just dance a little before the meal! We’ll have to sit long enough then and listen to your father’s stories… But Amelia I think your idea to listen to the fairies and tell their stories is very good, too. Come on, I want to dance!”

Characters, Lot, Gallery
    Gallery (Sims and houses): Hashtag #onemonthoneworldoneyear, Name "One Sim - Fam. Britton". My gallery name is Noctuara.
    Parents: Sarah and Greg Britton. They live on the 20x15 "Comfy Cubby" in Bridgeview, Newcrest, but will move to the 30x40 "Midtown Meadows" in Bridgeview.
    Kids: Sophia & Mark (Twins), Miles, Connor, Amelia & Rachel (Twins)
    • Greg Britton - Greg is an adult who has a strong interest in Gaming and Computers and is quite a Geek. Unfortunately, he also is a bit slobby and mean. Due to his history, he is a bit troubled, has Bad Manners, is Irresponsible, Argumentative and Insensitive. But he can be nice as well... if he tries his best... (and I help him by x-ing out all his autonomous mean&mischievous interactions from the Parenthood traits) He was working in business, but hated it. So he enrolled for a Programming course and is now a freelance programmer listed with an agency. On the side, he participates in Novice Tournaments.
    • Sarah Britton - Sarah on the other hand wants to be the best parent possible. She is very neat, good and loves being with her family. She found a job as Freelancer Artist to try and keep her family afloat. After six babies, she went into early menopause and is now infertile.
    • Sophia Britton - The firstborn, and the twin of Mark. She is a teenager already. She has developed an interest in gardening and being outside, slowly breaking free from the high school pressure to adhere to expectations of classmates - and boys...
    • Mark Britton - The secondborn and the twin of Sophia. He is a teenager as well. He likes being outdoors at the river catching some fish, but can often be found in bed too.
    • Miles Britton - The thirdborn. He is a child already. His fun-loving personality is overshadowed by some gloom, and he aims to uncover the secrets of simkind at his science table.
    • Connor Britton - The fourthborn. He is very energetic and outgoing. Connor wants to travel and discover the world when he grows up. In preparation, he likes to take photos and write his pen pals.
    • Amelia Britton - The fifthborn and the challenge Sim. She is a very easygoing, independent toddler, who often gets lost in the shuffle of this crazy household. Mostly she is able to take care of herself all alone already and likes to make up stories to occupy her time.
    • Rachel (Rae) Britton - The sixthborn. She is a bit fussy and needs a lot of attention and often overshadows Amelia, firmly claiming her place among all the other kids. Greg dotes on her, partly because he got to name her after his very first video game heroine - Rae.
    others:
    • Gary Whelan, a friend of Greg from high school. Lives on "Oak Alcove", 20x15, Bridgeview. He is a Bro, Geek and Active. He works as a Game developer.
    • Fam. Aldrich, the neighbours and friends of Sarah. They live on the 30x20 "Fernpark" in Bridgeview. Elderly Pamela lives here with her Grandchildren after both parents died in a plague at young years. Pamela loves to Garden, cook at spend time with her Grandchildren. And if she had the time (and I the money), she'd love to learn to knit. Readhed Alexia, already a Young Adult, is the image of her mother. She loves to paint, channeling all her emotions on the canvas. She feels heavily responsible for her younger siblings, Tessa and Joey (twins). Tessa loves to make crafts like her big Sister and is very creative, while Joey has a lot of Energy and is very much into sports.

Aging (subject to change)
    Since this story has morphed into an ongoing story rather than a challenge adhering to RL schedules, and I especially in the child years want to take my time, I have decided to turn aging on *really really long*. Maybe I will shorten it later when I don't have that much content to put in Amelia's adult life, but for now this will be nice - and allow me to take days for setup or just for an update where not much happens, or even just to play a little with these guys without losing precious screenshot time.
    (If it is way too long I will go to 1 SimDay per 3 or even 4 months, if it is too short, back to 1 SimDay per month :D )

Also, this is just for rough orientation, and I will still use MCC to adjust birthdays to fit into my story (those of NPC sims too).
      Factor: 1 Sim Day per 2 months
    • Pregnany: 4 days - 8-9 months
    • Baby: 12 days - 24 months, 2 years - 0-2
    • Toddler: 18 days - 36 months, 3 years - 2-5
    • Child: 24 days - 48 months, 4 years - 5-9 + Preteen stage -> 36 days
    • Preteen: 12 days - 24 months, 2 years - 10-12
    • Teen: 36 days - 72 months, 6 years - 13-19
    • Young Adult: 180 days - 360 months, 30 years - 20-49
    • Adult: 180 days - 360 months, 30 years - 50-79
    • Elder: 90 days - 180 months, 15 years - 80-95
      Factor: 1 Sim Day per month
    • Pregnany: 9 days - 8-9 months
    • Baby: 24 days - 24 months, 2 years - 0-2
    • Toddler: 36 days - 36 months, 3 years - 2-5
    • Child: 48 days - 48 months, 4 years - 5-9 + Preteen stage -> 72 days
    • Preteen: 24 days - 24 months, 2 years - 10-12
    • Teen: 72 days - 72 months, 6 years - 13-19
    • Young Adult: 360 days - 360 months, 30 years - 20-49
    • Adult: 360 days - 360 months, 30 years - 50-79
    • Elder: 180 days - 180 months, 15 years - 80-95
      Factor: 1 Sim Days per 3 months
    • Pregnany: 3 days - 8-9 months
    • Baby: 8 days - 24 months, 2 years - 0-2
    • Toddler: 12 days - 36 months, 3 years - 2-5
    • Child: 16 days - 48 months, 4 years - 5-9 + Preteen stage -> 24 days
    • Preteen: 8 days - 24 months, 2 years - 10-12 (mod!)
    • Teen: 24 days - 72 months, 6 years - 13-19
    • Young Adult: 120 days - 360 months, 30 years - 20-49
    • Adult: 120 days - 360 months, 30 years - 50-79
    • Elder: 90 days - 180 months, 15 years - 80-95
    This might change when I get a feeling for the challenge. I will possibly extend this for a next Gen, or extend the YA and Adult stages, if I get Brindleton Bay and subsequent other worlds. And if I manage to stick around that long.
    I will start playing in Bridgeview (Newcrest) with a big family and the Baby No. 5 as main sim. I will move neighborhood each month, alternating the worlds. This starts as soon as the Main Sim turns teen.
    I want to work on roughly two aspirations per month with my Main Sim, or, better said, on about 3 goal sets of the "Master Simmer" challenge to try and get all achievements - mainly because with my current packs there are 38 goal sets - 3,1666 per month. (See Rules).
    I think with normal play, I'll never get there! But with so much time to stretch out the skilling, it might work. And it will definitely keep me from getting bored. ;)
    Post edited by miss_eulenauge on
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    Sorry for doubleposting, just to say - I read all your updates and they're amazing! :)
    Hoping to be able to comment more soon, but sadly it doesn't look like it :(
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 26: "Our parents bring us into the world. But in the end, we are responsible for what we become."

7yRwETM.png

Notes
    WBV3T0W.png
    "Thanks Babe, I needed this. You always make me feel so much better."
    "No thanks needed, I'll always be here for you whenever you need me."

AlwYwb7.png
    "How are you so wonderful?"

5uerFg6.png
    "You bring out the best of me, you're the reason."

Iauyj4z.png
    "Hey, can I ask you something?"
    "Of course, anything. You look so serious."
    "This is serious."

824RYLc.png
    "What would you think about taking the cure to not be a vampire anymore? I don't mean to upset you, since, well, it's a part of who you are. But, I hate it. It was forced on me, I didn't have a choice. I just want to be a normal guy again. But if I do, and you don't...the thought of growing old without you and dying while you live forever, and maybe...meet someone else...it...kills me.

"So...would you, maybe, consider taking the cure too? I know it's not fair to ask, but I am anyway. I love you Essa, I want us to grow old together. If you want to stay a vampire, I'll understand and I'll stay a vampire too, and accept it. But....I'd rather not."

Z0C3r4C.png
    "I've been thinking about this myself. The only reason I agreed to become a vampire was so that I could get you back. I didn't have a choice either. Yeah, it's a part of me, who I am. But I didn't know that, and honestly? It should make a difference, but it doesn't."

"The thought of living forever like this, and without you? It makes me sick inside. I couldn't do that, ever. And I would never make you stay a vampire just for me knowing how you feel about it if I felt differently. I hope my family will understand, but I want to take the cure too Josh and grow old with you. I feel more like a spellcaster than a vampire. I miss the magic so much more than I thought I would."

fYp5aQd.png
    "It makes me so happy hearing you say that. I'm glad we're on the same page."
    "So what do you think about if I were to become a spellcaster again? Maybe not right away, but someday soon?"
    "I think that's a great idea. I know how much you love magic. Hey, maybe I will too. Plus, the girls are spellcasters. It just seems to make more sense to me to be a magic family."
    "Fantastic, okay, glad that's settled. We'll take the cure before we go to Glimmerbrook tomorrow."

"I was wondering about one more thing too. Have you talked to Adam yet? About singing with him in San Myshuno?"

0q1YZmz.png
    "Yeah, I did. I turned him down."
    "What!? You did? But why? You love singing with him. It's your choice, of course, I'll follow you anywhere, you know that. I'm just surprised."

MSaIBfZ.png
    "I do love singing with Adam, but it's a lot of long hours, away from you, we'd be in a big city, surrounded by all that concrete, hardly any trees, all those people and screaming fans at the gig. I know you understand that part since you went through it in Del Sol Valley, and still do sometimes when fans find you. Once is enough for me too. I'd rather just spend some time with you. Somewhere warm and bright, where we can be lazy and relax. We sure need that right now, don't you think?"

SYMB3zE.png
    "Oh yeah, I agree about that, for sure. It's always so dark and gloomy here. I just want to get away from...everything for awhile. What did you have in mind?"
    "Well, remember how much fun we had in Sulani? And how we talked about going back one day?"

u1FMMnz.png
    "What do you think about taking a long vacation there? I think it's perfect for us and we can afford it."
    "Gah! Sulani! Yes, oh yes, I love that idea. Let's do it!"

vMURqbi.png
    "You always come up with the best ideas. I'm so excited!"
    "So am I, I get to see you in a bikini again."
    "Ohhh, so that's the REAL reason you want to go there eh?"
    "Ohhhh yeaahhhh!" Josh laughed and winked. "Seriously though, that's just one of many perks."
    "I know, I was just teasing."
    "I love it when you tease me. Turns me on."

FhfZHTe.png
    The couple both got up intending to go pack and get ready for their trip to Glimmerbrook, but on their way upstairs, Josh suddenly turned and asked Essa yet another question.

"Hey, the rocket is pretty much finished."
    "Oh Josh, that's great! I know it's been a dream of yours to fly into space."

YKQzuhI.png
    "It has, for a long time. Speaking of dreams, would you like to go for a test flight with me? We could, uh, have some fun up there, if you get my drift."
    "Oh you naughty man, I love that idea! Yes, let's do it!"

9P44fr8.png
    "You're a naughty girl too, didn't have to even think about it, did you?"
    "Nope! I told you once, anytime, anywhere and I meant it!"
    "Ohhh Beautiful, you make me so happy."

Jl2P42K.png
    "Um, how are you going to fly the rocket and be able to, you know?"
    "Auto pilot!"
    "Of course! Alright, fly me to the moon Babe!"
    "With pleasure, always..."

H94kvUp.png
    lw1AKo1.png
    "Woooooooooo Hooooooooo!"

Extra
    7bLHG8B.png
    @Ellupelluellu I happened to catch Veera strutting by their house earlier that evening and saw someone watching her. It was Malcom! Look at him fanboying over her! :D

1fFj1MY.png
    Cracks me up seeing him swoon and melt over his future Mother-in-law. HAHA! Um, maybe he didn't know it was really her? :D
    *Updated my August 26th post above! I'll be back to post comments late this afternoon. Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night! <3
    @Karababy52 -
    Just wanted to make a comment about the mysterious coffin...I bet I know who is in there. And that is all I am saying :)

@miss_eulenauge ,
    -- YAY! Great to finally see Amelia !! <3

@Karababy52 ,
    -- Aww, what a lovely update. Nice that they both agreed to become mortal again. And Spellcasters :) Oh rocket woohoo, of course :p
    LMAO to those 2 extra pics :D MALCOLM!!! :joy: First you are all over Essa and now her! :D Ah well.. that last pic of him is so great :D

Preparations for the party took so long, that I will post it in 2 parts :)

Mx8

August, day 23

AnX7uqC.png

The one with the kava party, part 1 .
    o6Ypu9p.png
    In order to have a Kava party, she forgot something.. actual kava root , what se does not have :D

jbuf1xD.png
    To near by beach she ran.. Roxanne happens to be a lifeguard there :)

UNym7b9.png
    And the vending machine to rescue ! (I really have not had time to focus in gardening )

3ICAMv3.png
    Roxanne came to smile at her and clapped her hands! :joy:

gus4BJ1.png
    River was there also.. I hope he has managed to forget the shocking 4 dead fish experiment from last night :p

095fKNK.png
    yT2HChM.png
    Making the Kava.. with teh help of Milly :p

0Aop1OM.png
    AnX7uqC.png
    What is a party without food? Steaks first and baked potatoes for those who don't eat meat.. NO fish :joy:

cOmjrR9.png
    h16DZgh.png
    Everything starts to be ready.. Milly approves.. :p

o6PThet.png
    And looks like they are having their own party too :p

KVPQe7z.png
    What a lovely night, let's get the party going on!

@permanentrose
    Glad everything went well with your finals for school! Congrats! :) No apologies necessary about comments, we all know you're busy! :)

Oh dear, that outfit for Rose is, uh, interesting. :D I always update every category myself, but I just love styling Sims anyway. It really doesn't matter if you do or not, the game will still give them some awful 'walkby wannabe vampire' outfit. Even if they ARE a vampire it does that. I've had it happen to some of my not-in-world vampires that I gave makeovers. It's frustrating! Sometimes it makes me wonder why I bother. *shrugs*

@Ellupelluellu
    Good that you add venues to give them something more to do, even with so much to do otherwise as well. It just makes sense. I had thoughts of putting a copy of a restaurant I made for Sulani down for Essa and Josh next month too. Right now the only venue there is the bar. But I did modify that too to add a bowling lane. :) It's called the Sand Bar and Bowl now. :D

Aww, thanks, still makes me blush when you say that about my writing. Very much appreciated, you're so sweet! <3

I'm sure Essa knows Nik would never willing do anything to put her in danger, she was just a little freaked out with the news and not thinking straight. An emotional wreck as she shared when she apologized. She knows Nik is a very honorable guy that always tries to do the right thing.

I love that Melody and Essa are cousins! Makes me smile so big. Hoping they will hang out a lot together in Sulani, and Malcom too! Maybe they'll all end up couple buddies!

Oh yes, Greg is a softie for sure! I love him! Doesn't surprise me he'd be all over loving up the toddlers and pets. :)

And a vacation they shall get! Off to Sulani next month, I can't wait! Weeeeee! \o/ :D

It just seemed to make sense to me that neither one would want to stay as vampires, even though Essa will always be a 'hybrid' anyway. She can always become one again if she wishes, just as she can be a spellcaster again too. Anything our challenge Sims have experienced and accomplished in previous months can be done again in later months, or worlds visited, etc.

Glad you got a kick out of Malcom! It was extra funny for me since Melody and Malcom are already actually married in my challenge save. :D

That vending machine sure comes in handy eh? I'm sure Essa will be taking advantage of it as well. They will be there to relax and have fun, no time for gardening to get what they need for the aspiration. She might just harvest wild plants instead, but only if the season is right when they arrive.

I am curious to see who the game makes a lifeguard in my game, makes sense to me for some reason Roxanne would be one. Love the hairstyle you gave her. River makes such a great mermaid, fun seeing him as one. Aww, Milly helping make Kava is so cute! Malcom looks quite proud of himself grilling steaks! Yum! I want one now, sounds so good! They sure know how to put out a nice spread for the party. Everything looks delicious! And of course the pets are having their own party too. :)

GAH! I love that last screenshot with the little island and the moon! Gorgeous! I have a screenshot almost exactly like that one.

@miss_eulenauge
    Amelia is so dang cute with her big blue eyes! Love the CC eyelashes too. Curious to see what she looks like as a child, then a teen when she finally starts the challenge! Thanks about our updates, don't worry about comments. Whenever you have time is good. :)

@SoulGal7
    I have a feeling everybody knows who is in that coffin by now. It's probably not too hard to figure out. :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top