Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July ’21 Cottage Living Patch + Aug '21 patch

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Good morning from New Zealand @luthienrising :) Well what do you know another update LOL. Tested all my mods and cc and its still working, will post the proof in spoilers for you, and also a super big thank you for all you do <3
    Baby clothes still working
    LPA1bjY.png

Baby bottle still working
    ys4atwl.png

Buyable digsite, fallen log. selvadorian digsite and treasure chest all still working
    1JYHL2j.png

Invisible cow shed still working
    D3DdtYK.png

happy simming all <3
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    Were there any undocumented changes to the patch? Made no changes to my current save between playing yesterday morning and patching last night. Lost 1 build mode item.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited August 2021
    @DarkAudit None that I've seen mentioned so far.

Mod Updates
    Functional Dairy Cow (MizoreYukii etc.) - reupdated

Reported Broken
    Ice Cream Cart (icemunmun) - causing issues when it's off the grid

Creators clearing all previously fine mods for the August patch:
    Deaderpool (MCCC), KiaraSims4Mods, chingyu, SimRealist, LittleMsSam, Zafire, MizoreYukii, Triplis, Rex/Kokansock

From TwistedMexi:
    Small reminder that patches typically cause Better BuildBuy to desync. If you're getting the desync message, you just need to leave organized debug off and restart once. You can then turn it back on and restart per usual.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • arkane1arkane1 Posts: 8 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I strongly recommend not merging your CC files, by the way. It does nothing to save load times for Sims 4 and complicates things when anything breaks.

As to the merging cc. I felt that it was not accurate, so i did some research. I timed start time from startup to sims 4 load save screen. with 27 merged and then unmerged files. Merged took 2:18. unmerged 13:16. (slight time change from load save to world screen about 1 minute different). Both with cache cleared. The more CC you have the greater the time for loading.

Sure it makes a difference in finding broken cc. You all have to decide If the time spent on loading is worth the time spent on finding the bad CC.
  • simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    I've got some info:
    • I updated my Food Delivery Fix mod way back in July when the patch fixed Zoomers delivery, to remove the Zoomers fix that was no longer needed. But the mod was also made to fix the bug where the Pizza Delivery person has no clickable interactions after completing delivery, and that still works.
    • I have a new mod for Bust the Dust Kit to fix the bug where maids and butlers don't use vacuums: Service NPC Vacuuming Fix.
    • I have a new mod for Cottage Living to fix the bug where Minor Growth and Hyper Growth Fertilizers don't get used and have no effect on your crops: Growth Fertilizers Fix.
    • I believe all my mods are still working after yesterday's update for Industrial Loft Kit.

👍
    @arkane1 The reason for the loading time difference is to list all the items out on the loading screen. If you turn that option off, that should solve it.

Thanks @simvasion!

Updated Mods
    • Food Delivery Fix (Simvasion) - updated to remove outdated Zoomers fix; still covers Pizza Delivery fix

Updated Mods from Bienchen
    linked at https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/update-25-august-2021/:
    • buymore_phone
    • naturewalkforeveryone
    • stormmoodlettweak
    • townieoverhaul_lessfame
    • lesshenfordtextspam
    • autonomoussharebignews
    • weatherruninsidetweak
    • romancematters
    • updatedBraveSims_DoorKnockNotification
    • whimoverhaul
    along with a new mod fireplaceautonomytweak (for autonomous lighting)

New Bugfix Mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • CandicelleCandicelle Posts: 29 Member
    Big errors! First, all the lots have exclamation points, and nothing is there when loaded in. All my other saves aside from the one I am currently playing have vanished!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    I'm not sure how many people use the Lifetime Aspirations mod by ky-e but it seems to be broken. It seems to cause the aspiration selector in live mode to be blank. I had this issue, took out that mod, and it worked as intended.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
    @Candicelle Head over to AHQ for support with that. Link on p. 1
    @SweetieWright_84 That was confirmed working for the previous patch and there's nothing that should have broken it today. Double check that you have the most recent download, and *test it alone*. It might be a mod conflict. Post on the mod page for support; the creator is active there.

Mod Updates
    edited August 2021
    @SweetieWright_84 That was confirmed working for the previous patch and there's nothing that should have broken it today. Double check that you have the most recent download, and *test it alone*. It might be a mod conflict. Post on the mod page for support; the creator is active there.

I do have the most recent version, and I tested it alone. It shows a blank aspiration selector.

Edit: I had to create an account on MTS to tell the ky-e. While there, it appears they're working on an update to be realeased on September 1st.

Thanks luthienrising for all you do.
    edited August 2021
    Thanks @SweetieWright_84 !

Broken Mods
    Lifetime Aspirations (ky-e)

CC Updates
    Mod Updates
    Creators clearing previously fine mods for the August patch:
    SrslySims
  • arkane1arkane1 Posts: 8 New Member
    @Luthienrising As usual thanks for running this site... I did test with what you responded with. And I did see improved times. the time for load to world screen went from 13:16 to 6:34 (with the unmerged files) It was still a little bit faster with the merged files from 5:13 to about 4:30 (i forgot to write the actual time down (getting old and forgetful)). Thank you for sparking my scientific research side :smile: . In any case these are much better times than i would have had with my old computer. (which is why i started merging, in the first place. Over a hour loading times)
  • LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    edited August 2021

SrslySims

Actually there is something wrong with the SimulationLagFix mod. I just got LE as followed covered by TwistedMexi's BE:

Possible Cause
    (Confidence: 30%)
    Gameplay\Simulation Lag Fix\Scripts\SimulationLagFix.py
    Reason ANIMATION: A clip is trying to fire a parent event with bad data. Either the animation actors are mistuned, or a slot that doesn't exist on the rig has been specified in Maya. ASMs: Clip: a2o_harvestableVertical_carry_pickUp_high_x (Parent Event ID: 1), Parenting object_GardenFruit_Chocoberry:0x050e0da13f7605e3 to Lex , Slot 0x588567fc on '00000000!601be7c4'f54aaa68.8eaf13de', Offset: Transform(Vector3(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000), Quaternion(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000)) (KeyError: 'get_joint_transform_from_rig: Joint name [(null)] was not found in the specified rig [601be7c4f54aaa68.8eaf13de]. JointNameHash [0x588567fc]().')

„ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    LuvMySimz wrote: »

SrslySims

Actually there is something wrong with the SimulationLagFix mod. I just got LE as followed covered by TwistedMexi's BE:

Possible Cause
    Reason ANIMATION: A clip is trying to fire a parent event with bad data. Either the animation actors are mistuned, or a slot that doesn't exist on the rig has been specified in Maya. ASMs: Clip: a2o_harvestableVertical_carry_pickUp_high_x (Parent Event ID: 1), Parenting object_GardenFruit_Chocoberry:0x050e0da13f7605e3 to Lex , Slot 0x588567fc on '00000000!601be7c4'f54aaa68.8eaf13de', Offset: Transform(Vector3(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000), Quaternion(0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 1.000000)) (KeyError: 'get_joint_transform_from_rig: Joint name [(null)] was not found in the specified rig [601be7c4f54aaa68.8eaf13de]. JointNameHash [0x588567fc]().')

wait... that mod even not being updated since game version 1.69.57, why you still use it?
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member

SrslySims

Possible Cause

I'm using this mod and it's fine. Twisted Mexi's BE only shows a possible cause.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • LarsEriksson68LarsEriksson68 Posts: 13 New Member
    > @ShinjiM said:
    > wait... that mod even not being updated since game version 1.69.57, why you still use it?

Has the simulation lag stopped being a problem? According to SrslySims version 1.69.57 of the mod is still working with patch 1.77.131, so why should LuvMySimz *not* use it?
  • nynvieealmerenynvieealmere Posts: 22 Member
    arkane1 wrote: »
    > @luthienrising said:
    > I strongly recommend not merging your CC files, by the way. It does nothing to save load times for Sims 4 and complicates things when anything breaks.

As to the merging cc. I felt that it was not accurate, so i did some research. I timed start time from startup to sims 4 load save screen. with 27 merged and then unmerged files. Merged took 2:18. unmerged 13:16. (slight time change from load save to world screen about 1 minute different). Both with cache cleared. The more CC you have the greater the time for loading.

Sure it makes a difference in finding broken cc. You all have to decide If the time spent on loading is worth the time spent on finding the bad CC.

thanks, that's good information, appreciate the time and effort to get it so we can have this conversation.
    If your willing to go the extra step like I do, having your mods unmerged elsewhere so you can make sure you don't duplicate anything and your willing not to merge 100s together (I usually stay around 50ish myself so the merge files are smaller and easier to find the problem) then yes I am seeing a substancial time difference in loading BUT if not then please don't merge your CC and never merge mods only CC. But if you want to try then go for it, I use 100s of mods and have over 1000 CC in my game now and I can tell the difference when I don't have the CC merged and I have a 3+ year computer no where near top of the line video card and play on High settings. But I also organize my CC (ie \Mods\Cas\CasSkinDetailCreaseMouth also no spaces or special characters in file names is supposed to matter greatly as well from what I've read) (package files are more flexible in folders, script files never more than one folder deep unless you have coolspears override folder mod which still works and gratefully still use everyday) I actually use the categories that Maxis does then I merge that one category, put the merge file in my Mods folder and put the folder with the unmerged CC in another folder, which before I play my game I also run a dup finder with both folder locations. A lot of extra work up front, so if you don't want to, seriously don't merge, the headache you will give yourself in searching for a problem mod/CC is not worth it even with the time reduction that I am seeing. Being an 🐸🐸🐸🐸 retentive Virgo has a few perks and this just happens to be one of them. Enjoy!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    edited August 2021

SrslySims

Possible Cause

I was getting an LE (I'm not sure if it was this exact one) with Tmex BE, so I took it out a few months ago.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
    Thanks @SweetieWright_84 !

Broken Mods
    Lifetime Aspirations (ky-e)

I just realized it was my problem. I forgot to remove one of the merged files. I remembered to remove the files for the packs I don't own, I just forgot the merged. Sorry for all the trouble. :D
  • MrKomNTKMrKomNTK Posts: 1 New Member
    Slow/Stop Needs Decay, I did updated to 1.78.58.1030 patch today. (Some code are updated or added)

https://modthesims.info/d/632100/slow-stop-needs-decay-based-on-1-78-58-1030.html
    ShinjiM wrote: »

SrslySims

Possible Cause

wait... that mod even not being updated since game version 1.69.57, why you still use it?

Because it's still working and compatible as it says on the download page.

Anmirla wrote: »

SrslySims

Possible Cause

I was getting an LE (I'm not sure if it was this exact one) with Tmex BE, so I took it out a few months ago.

I took it out too now for further testing...

Thanks @MrKimNTK
    No worries, @SweetieWright_84 ! It's updated anyway :)

Mod Updates
    CC Updates
  • SpielwandelndSpielwandelnd Posts: 1 New Member
    I feel a bit awkward coming in here, but because of the new member rules and me not being able to contact the modder directly because I would have to be a patron to comment on their patreon post and there is no other way to contact him (at least that I have seen), I think it's fine if I put this in here? If there is a better place for me to go, please let me know.
    At least this might be connected to the newest patch? Though I kinda doubt it, but I only experienced this issue recently.
    It's about Zeros Custom Degrees or more like the Degree required for promotion mod (which had been updated on July 22nd, so that is the version I had used). It was 1-2 days ago when suddenly the career panel started to have some issues. First it was just that the "tasks for promotion" section for my sim on level 4 of the athletic career was blank. Everything else on the career panel was still showing normally, so the type of job, the payment etc. (I would post screenshots, but I can't yet.) For my other sims everything still looked normal in the career panel, except that the "degree required" part that the mod adds did not show up either. Though I am not sure if my other sims even needed a degree yet, not even if the sim in the athletic career needed one. Anyway after clicking around a bit and going in and out of the career panel, it eventually just doesn't show up anymore when I click on it, on any sim, not just the one in the athletic career. It does kind of show up for like a second after clicking on it, but it just has @s in the title and at the top. It vanishes again too quickly for me to take a screenshot.
    I did see on Zeros post about that mod that another person had the same issue five months ago but never got back to Zero about in which career the sim is in. I would have loved to just respond to that, but yeah, like I mentioned, I am not able to unless I am a patron.
    Again, sorry if this is totally out of place, I am pretty frustrated right now and just didn't know where else would be an appropriate place for this since I can't make my own thread/discussion yet and I didn't see a general thread about broken mods unrelated to game updates.
    Oh and I did test if other mods are causing this. The only other mod I have that does stuff to career is Zeros Lower Salary one, so I took both of them out which fixed my problem. When I put Lower Salary back in, everything was still fine. It was only when I added Custom Degrees (which includes degree required for promotion) back in, that I started having the problem again.
    So yeah, maybe someone else has this issue too or someone could get to Zero about it? I mainly wanted to let people know about this tbh, in hopes that it could somehow get to Zero or at least others experiencing this issue would know what mod causes it.

Also big thanks at you, @Luthienrising! I have been using these threads to keep my mods updated after game updates for a while now and they make everything so much easier and I appreciate that a lot <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top