Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mission achieved .... My cow farm <3

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
edited January 2023 in Build/Buy Custom Content
Link to invisible animal shed
https://www.curseforge.com/sims4/build-buy/invisible-animal-shed

Hi all I am so happy. I have my cow farm <3

B1DDn9t.png

It was a long process with lots of ups and downs that you can see in this thread ;)
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992682/i-build-a-barn-for-my-cow-then-an-invisible-animal-shed-lol/p1

But in the end I made a working invisible animal shed. You can download it here if you wish too <3
https://www.mediafire.com/file/8o6ce6pfifxbpud/completely_invisible_animal_shed.package/file

So how did I make this working cow farm. Well here it goes.

Step 1
First I placed some random maxis animal sheds without move objects on. I marked with the terrain tool where the end of the cow will be in the shed.
jQQuKzE.png

Step 2
I deleted the maxis animal sheds
aq5xex7.png

Step 3
I placed one of my invisible sheds, since it has no gridlines I focused on where I put it, go into live mode and click on purchase cow. The cow then appears, then I go back in build mode and use the alt key to shift it into place where I have marked it will stand. Repeated that 8 times. I also then placed gates at all the spots the shed is, you can't see it in this pic though ;)
OzHLHGC.png

Step 4
I deleted the lines I made and call all my cows out. Let the fun begin :D (oops lines still in this pic :D , but delete them hahahaha)
reIVH7D.png

I hope that if any of you out there would like either a llama farm or cow farm, that this will help you :)
Happy simming all <3

edited to add the very talented KyriaT's version of the invisible animal shed <3
It cuts our this whole big rigmaroll you have to do above, now you can just place them and make it invisible with the pink swatch ;)

Oh my gosh Simmers, you are going to love this post <3

I was contacted by the very talented @KyriaT_sim

1Hz1xBM.png

She is going to change our lives forever :) She has made some changes to our invisible shed that is going to make simming with it so much easier. You now can place it and then use the colour swatch to make it invisible, no more guessing on where you want to place it ;) Here it is when I tested it out in my game, How cool is this !!!!!!

hhC1RxL.png
dNGmmkq.png

She has very kindly shared her package with me to share with you all. I have uploaded it to my media fire (no changes all credit to KyriaT) and will share it on the first post and the other cow farm thread as well, Its amazing work <3

Here it is for us all, its truly very talented work she did here ;)
https://www.mediafire.com/file/3fkxs4qmbnmwyqp/McRudds_completely_invisible_animal_shed_slightly_changedB.package/file
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    wow That cow farm is just amazing.
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    wow That cow farm is just amazing.

Thank you <3
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Wow, that is very impressive!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    awesomesause! I've been waiting for an invisible shed, assuming it works just as well with the llama?

I just started my own cow farm, but even with just 3 cows there's a LOT work! So make sure to have a big family :smile: )
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Wow, that is very impressive!

Thank you, I am still busy with the build, I added some grass look at the cows, look so much better now. Still busy, but will share pics once I am finally done LOL
    awesomesause! I've been waiting for an invisible shed, assuming it works just as well with the llama?

I just started my own cow farm, but even with just 3 cows there's a LOT work! So make sure to have a big family :smile: )

It works with the llama and cow ;) I have a spellcaster that is going to run the farm, so she can magic a lot of things as well as drink some potions to keep her in the green LOL.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    So nice!
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
    So nice!

thank you <3
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Downloaded the file Thank You!
    TS1299 wrote: »
    Downloaded the file Thank You!

Yay hope you enjoy it, its a bit finicky without the green footprint thingy, but you figure it out as you go on LOL
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Yay I am finally done with my farm build. I did not do any crops, just cows and chickens for now LOL

HrWM90u.png
    That looks so cool. Did you upload your lot?
    That looks so cool. Did you upload your lot?

No I did not because it contains the invisible shed, so it will look chaotic if someone downloads it LOL
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    This is so beautiful and your cows look very happy! Thank you for sharing your invisible stable!

Good thing you have a spellcaster in the family with that many animals. I don't have RoM, so I plan employing a servo on large farms. Doubt the locals will like it, though.
    This is so beautiful and your cows look very happy! Thank you for sharing your invisible stable!

Good thing you have a spellcaster in the family with that many animals. I don't have RoM, so I plan employing a servo on large farms. Doubt the locals will like it, though.

My cows are happy and my sim has not slept in days and the taste of plentiful needs potion is in her mouth permanently LOL. I think a servo is a lovely idea, just give it a rusty look and the neighbours will think its old scrap you have made into something and will be impressed by you :D
    Just a friendly update, tested my invisible cow shed after today's update and its still working <3
    D3DdtYK.png
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It looks wonderful. Your sims are going to be so busy.
    Sharonia wrote: »
    It looks wonderful. Your sims are going to be so busy.

Thank you <3 Yes she is LOL
  • gingermegsgingermegs Posts: 1 New Member
    It's so beautiful. I always get envious of other's abilities to make things. I wish I could make things as good as that. You should be proud of yourself.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Just awesome! I love it, I should tell my sister about your invisible shed, lol. She currently has a chicken farm and is losing her mind. :D

Continued good luck with your amazing build! Me, I know better. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
    gingermegs wrote: »
    It's so beautiful. I always get envious of other's abilities to make things. I wish I could make things as good as that. You should be proud of yourself.

Wow what a compliment thank you. I myself admire builders that do these amazing builds <3 Wish I could build like them :)
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    Just awesome! I love it, I should tell my sister about your invisible shed, lol. She currently has a chicken farm and is losing her mind. :D

Continued good luck with your amazing build! Me, I know better. :D

The chickens are a bit of hard work especially with all the foxes about LOL
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,644 Member
    Looks like the perfect countryside farm. The tall grass is such a great effect, too.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
    Looks like the perfect countryside farm. The tall grass is such a great effect, too.

Thank you <3 The long grass took forever too place, but so worth it lol :D
  • legallyblondeelegallyblondee Posts: 28 Member
    This idea is amazing, im currently in the process of making my own farm!
    This idea is amazing, im currently in the process of making my own farm!

Thank you <3 If you want to please post some pics of your farm, would love to see them :)
    Good morning from New Zealand :) My invisible cow shed is still working after todays's super cool spa day update <3
    59bExBd.png