Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sept. 2021 Paid content speculation

Comments

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Game Pack
    I'm really hoping for a Werewolves or Faeries GP in September... or October. The only vaugely occult pack we got this year was Paranormal Stuff. And while it is amazing, it didn't add any new lifestates since it was an SP. Plus, it's about due time we get another Occult GP.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Game Pack
    I don't think we get aneything for August but then there will be a Fairies game pack for late September or early October <3 and thay will do am EP in November for Christmas
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    Kit
    I think it will be another Kit pack of some sort
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,184 Member
    Stuff Pack
    Hmmm Halloween --pumpkins--Headless Horsemen---Horses! Well it sort of made sense to me at the time.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • TARDISgradeTARDISgrade Posts: 193 Member
    Game Pack
    I hope for a game pack... but it might be just a stuff pack.

Feel free to download content from My Gallery
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Game Pack
    Really hoping it's an Occult based GP, we get them like every 4 years and 2021 is one of those special years where New or Familiar Occults usually show up, it really sucks that the Occult playerbase is stuck on Olympic years while the rest of the player base have to wait a couple months, we have to wait every 4 years for new GPs that suits our playstyle.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Game Pack
    Occults!
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Stuff Pack
    Mayyyyybe they’ll patch cars into the base game and come out with a stuff pack with a wider selection of cars.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Game Pack
    Fairies game pack.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2021
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    edited August 2021
    Game Pack
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    Anything could still release in August.

I'm skeptical

According to the Tweet from the Sims. Before the end of the summer they will launch an update GP and kit.

• temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Game Pack
    @elelunicy wrote: »
    Anything could still release in August.

I'm skeptical

According to the Tweet from the Sims. Before the end of the summer they will launch an update GP and kit.

So I'm guessing werewolves are out of the question.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    Hopefully both the kit and the game pack update are coming this month so that we can get a game pack or at least a stuff pack in September.

They really should release 2 stuff packs and 2 game packs per year at a bare minimum. Along with 2 EPs and 6 kits they can easily accomplish 12 releases a year so that we get something new every month.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Game Pack
    I'm going with a GP, but I'm counting the planned GP refresh in that category; either OR or SD since they're the two oldest GPs and both would fit the "refreshing" announcement. Maybe they'll enable Granite Falls as a residential world, then if nothing blows up they can extend that to Selvadorada.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,572 Member
    edited August 2021
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Hopefully both the kit and the game pack update are coming this month so that we can get a game pack or at least a stuff pack in September.

They really should release 2 stuff packs and 2 game packs per year at a bare minimum. Along with 2 EPs and 6 kits they can easily accomplish 12 releases a year so that we get something new every month.

Really? They cannot even half stay on track with bugfixes at the current shedule - that will not get better if they give us even more packs. Not saying I don't want new content, but I don't think they're capable of releasing a new pack each month in a decent manner that will not make the whole game break into pieces of bugs.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    83bienchen wrote: »

Really? They cannot even half stay on track with bugfixes at the current shedule - that will not get better if they give us even more packs. Not saying I don't want new content, but I don't think they're capable of releasing a new pack each month in a decent manner that will not make the whole game break into pieces of bugs.

The vast majority of people working on the game do not fix bugs - they have a dedicated QA team for bug fixing.

In fact, most of them are not even capable of fixing any bugs. What kind of bugs do you expect a concept artist that’s hired to draw concept art to fix? Or an animator hired to create animations. Or a sound editor hired to edit sound effects. Should they just not do anything while the QA team is fixing bugs? Of course not and they’re always tasked with working on new content.

Most members on the team literally don’t even know how to write a single line of code. Even those who do, they work on different areas of the game. A gameplay engineer working on the Python code for example may not know how to fix a client bug that needs be to be fixed in C++. Should all the gameplay engineers stop working on new content until the client engineers fix all the bugs in the client? Of course not.

More bug fixing requires expanding the QA team, which is only possible when they have a bigger budget. Stop working on new content will not allow more bugs to be fixed - in fact, quite the opposite. No new paid content means less revenue, which in turn means a smaller budget. How could they possibly expand the QA team with a smaller budget?

2 EPs, 2 GPs, and 2 SPs a year are nothing really and it’s the absolute bare minimum. Before TS4’s launch, their original plan according to the surveys was to release 2 EPs, 4 GPs, and 6 SPs a year so a new pack every month. Spooky Stuff was originally planned for October 2014, Outdoor Retreat was planned for November 2014, and Luxury Party was planned for December 2014. All of their plans had to be changed due to the launch backlash. The studio also had a major layoff in early 2015 due to TS4’s poor launch, which further changed their plan. Even still, we got a total of 8 packs in 2015, the most of any year, due to their original ambitious plan.

Now that we have kits, achieving 12 releases a year is easier than ever. CAS and BB kits are basically just having Maxis concept artists draw the items. Then they send the drawings to studios in China and they’re the ones who actually create the mesh and textures. Even for gameplay kits, most gameplay is directly implemented by designers using tuning. There is little to no coding involved and do not require any engineers to work on them. Given how easy it is to make kits, there is absolutely no excuse why can’t release something new every month.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Kit

I would not buy a pack every month.

Imagine the cost! 😱. Add on that you’d probably have to buy a new computer to handle all the extra content if all 12 appealed. 👨‍💻😭.

Last year when I last totted up everything, it was about under £800 full price. (I know there are sales) but Sims remains the most expensive hobby of mine.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Game Pack
    I’m hoping they will fix the gardening dirt pile bug….
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Game Pack
    I hope that it's going to be a GP.
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Game Pack
    I predict fairies in a game pack around September, and Generations in an expansion pack in early December. And cars some time next year, maybe in February

I also think we will get another community stuff pack early next year. And of course some other kits and stuff packs sprinkled in between my other predictions.

I personally would prefer if the stuff pack is based on the community feedback. It will be more meaningful.
    OID:- x4m1r4
    edited August 2021

Imagine the cost! 😱. Add on that you’d probably have to buy a new computer to handle all the extra content if all 12 appealed. 👨‍💻😭.

Last year when I last totted up everything, it was about under £800 full price. (I know there are sales) but Sims remains the most expensive hobby of mine.

I'd bet more than 99.99% of TS3 players didn't own the entire store. Guess what, that didn't stop the store from releasing at least one, if not multiple sets every month. The more kits they release, the sooner people will realize that they can't just buy everything and will stop obsessing over owning everything.

Seriously I'm still seeing people who are like "No more kits!" The solution to these people is simply releasing many, many more kits so that they will realize that kits are absolutely here to stay. Imagine if EA released a new kit every week. These people would no longer have the time and energy to complain about kits every week & will quickly accept kits.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    Game Pack
    I predict fairies in a game pack around September, and Generations in an expansion pack in early December me too but I think fairies will be in October
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited August 2021
    Stuff Pack
    I'd bet more than 99.99% of TS3 players didn't own the entire store.

Really ??? $30 per month isn't expensive.
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member

I'd bet more than 99.99% of TS3 players didn't own the entire store. Guess what, that didn't stop the store from releasing at least one, if not multiple sets every month. The more kits they release, the sooner people will realize that they can't just buy everything and will stop obsessing over owning everything.

Seriously I'm still seeing people who are like "No more kits!" The solution to these people is simply releasing many, many more kits so that they will realize that kits are absolutely here to stay. Imagine if EA released a new kit every week. These people would no longer have the time and energy to complain about kits every week & will quickly accept kits.

I owned it all except some dr pepper thing or whatever came out early. I played it all and didn't have hardly any problems. Love it. I'm not rich, but I can afford content like you are talking about. I wish they did. I so much miss the Sims3 massive amount of content. Back then, you feared not being on the forums for fear of not seeing new content news because it came so often and now I can go a month without worries and with some of the stuff they've been putting out, not even then. Cottage Living with it's tied down animals just ruined my hopes. Sims4 is suppose to be better than Sims3 and it's nowhere near. Sure we have emotions and a little extra with the supernaturals, but object to object, CASt, create a world, super large worlds compared to a few lots... I would be very excited if they upped the number of packs. I'm going to pass on the industrial pack because there's very little there and no real wow item for me. I like the looks of some of it, but it just needed something more.

For September? Since they're putting out Industrial Kit, who knows if we will get anything. Plus refreshes? Looks like we are getting pool related something. I wish the pool bar(aside from the Tiki bar, I don't care for bars at all, but love this one; just looked cool at the pool), the waterfall, water slide(Sims3) ect.