Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sandraelle's D.N.A. Team Contact Thread

Comments

• Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    Hi @Bzaar, I have a few questions for you here. Thanks!
  • Options
    BzaarBzaar Posts: 29 Member
    @Sandraelle

The second bedroom will be for 2 roommates (couple).
    I usually play big households (occasionally over 8 sims, with the help of mods) hence the big house. :)

As for the study, 2 desks would with PCs would be great. Plants and any other décor is most welcome!
    Not sure how big the study is, but if you think you can fit furniture in there, that's good with me. :)

Thanks!
  • Options
    Bzaar wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

I usually play big households (occasionally over 8 sims, with the help of mods) hence the big house. :)

As for the study, 2 desks would with PCs would be great. Plants and any other décor is most welcome!
    Not sure how big the study is, but if you think you can fit furniture in there, that's good with me. :)

Thanks!

Ok thanks @Bzaar.

The study is pretty big, I'll be sure to include the computers and just throw in a few things and if you can't fit your skill items, you can always move them around or remove them. :)
  • Options
    BzaarBzaar Posts: 29 Member
    Sandraelle wrote: »
    Bzaar wrote: »
    @Sandraelle

Thanks!

Ok thanks @Bzaar.

The study is pretty big, I'll be sure to include the computers and just throw in a few things and if you can't fit your skill items, you can always move them around or remove them. :)

Yup, no worries.
    Thanks! @Sandraelle
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Hello all!

I wanted to share with you a project I've been working on with several other simmers, to build an English Village world based on the Cotswolds of England. The world was created by @Hidehi using an edited version of Riverview and the world is named "Ackney-upon-Sherne" (make-believe of course). We creators have been contributing our lots to the world based on the different areas of the Cotswolds (designated by 10 different map areas). It is a fully functioning world with lots of different sized residential lots and community lots and also using some of the rabbitholes (like a city hall, a hospital, a police station, a theatre, just to name a "very" few.)

We will be sharing our lots a little bit at a time to the Exchange starting today and posting our lots to the forum (thread created by @Suzses, link at the end of this post). We have started with Map 5, which is the oldest part of the Cotswolds and where we first started building many months ago, lol.

Hope you will check it out. It's been a fun project for me as I'm building in styles that I don't normally do, so a bit out of my comfort zone. My very first build I did was inspired by a cottage that is featured in a movie with Cameron Diaz ("The Holiday"). It's also been fun learning about this area that I didn't know much about. I also plan to eventually post each build I've contributed to my showcase thread here. Hope you enjoy!

Here's an overview shot of part of the world (mainly Map 5):
    kFTFGJ4.jpg

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/993350/ackney-upon-sherne-showcase-our-english-village-creators-collaboration
  • Options
    StephStebStephSteb Posts: 2,271 Member
    QUESTIONS REGARDING CURRENT REQUEST

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

Questions for @StephSteb

10/27/2021

1. I'm thinking of doing a beach style home since your last request was for a Mediterranean. But if you'd prefer the mediterranean style over a beach style, let me know right away as I'd like to get started soon. I'm thinking that those curved stairs won't really go in a southwest style house (imo), lol.
    2. You said no basement, but can there be a ground floor (that's on the garage level), then 2 floors above that?

1. Absolutely! Yeah, the stairs are a bit fancy but I love the way it looks! Probably would definitely not work for southwest, I agree lol I like med a lot, just not a fan of the courtyard a lot of them have in the middle. I am always ALWAYS ok with beach style <3
    2. Yes, no problem at all. I just don't want a basement on this one, lol
  • Options
    StephSteb wrote: »

****Bookmarking this thread while I am creating for you should help insure that you receive notifications.****

Questions for @StephSteb

10/27/2021

1. I'm thinking of doing a beach style home since your last request was for a Mediterranean. But if you'd prefer the mediterranean style over a beach style, let me know right away as I'd like to get started soon. I'm thinking that those curved stairs won't really go in a southwest style house (imo), lol.
    2. You said no basement, but can there be a ground floor (that's on the garage level), then 2 floors above that?

1. Absolutely! Yeah, the stairs are a bit fancy but I love the way it looks! Probably would definitely not work for southwest, I agree lol I like med a lot, just not a fan of the courtyard a lot of them have in the middle. I am always ALWAYS ok with beach style <3
    2. Yes, no problem at all. I just don't want a basement on this one, lol

@StephSteb , ok great. So beach style it is. Med & Beach style are two of my fav styles as well. :) If I come up with any other questions, I'll let you know on this thread.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @StephSteb, I added a 3rd question for today here.
  • Options

Questions for @StephSteb

10/27/2021

3. Thought of something else: What are the genders for the other two bedrooms? And is the nursery gender neutral?

3. Gender neutral for the nursery, yes. They all can be gender neutral, actually. The other bedrooms are for when they age up to teens/YA etc. so I am ok with whichever (although all of my sims have girl babies lol).

I did think of some other things as well. In the master bathroom, I would like a bathtub (or bathtub/shower) on a platform with an extra shower in there not on the platform. I love how that looks! I am a big fan of accent walls as well so if you could do that in the living room or wherever you would like that would be great. (Accent walls are just one portion of a wall that is a different color than the rest of the room but I'm sure you knew that lol). I would prefer not using the paintings that the sims can paint as decoration. Also, please use the laundry stuff you can find in the store in the laundry area. Also, I forgot to mention that I also need an alchemy room with storage. That's all I can think of at the moment. Thanks so much <3
  • Options
    Ope, one more thing, I do not need the kid's stove in the nursery/kid's room. I never use it lol
  • Options
    @StephSteb , Ok, I'll make one girl teen room and a gender neutral one (in case your sim starts making boys, lol). Gotcha on the platform for the master tub. And yes I can do accent walls and I won't use any sim paintings. I'll use the Bayside washer and dryer (that is the only store washers I have). No kid's stove and an alchemy room with storage. I have a floor plan laid out so hopefully you won't think of anything else to add, haha!

• Options
    @StephSteb , Ok, I'll make one girl teen room and a gender neutral one (in case your sim starts making boys, lol). Gotcha on the platform for the master tub. And yes I can do accent walls and I won't use any sim paintings. I'll use the Bayside washer and dryer (that is the only store washers I have). No kid's stove and an alchemy room with storage. I have a floor plan laid out so hopefully you won't think of anything else to add, haha!

That sounds great except please remember that I only want one room as a nursery/kids/teen room (all in one). None of the other bedrooms should be for toddlers, kids or teens, please. Bayside is fine, although what I meant was the laundry shelves and the clothes hangy basket things ( like the one here. If you don't have it, that's fine, no worries. I can add one in later ;) OH, also I don't need any hampers in any of the rooms because I use that cheat supermagnetic hamper that automatically picks all of the clothes up so I only need a space for one in the laundry room :)

I'm so excited, thank you so much for spending your time on this for me <3
  • Options

That sounds great except please remember that I only want one room as a nursery/kids/teen room (all in one). None of the other bedrooms should be for toddlers, kids or teens, please. Bayside is fine, although what I meant was the laundry shelves and the clothes hangy basket things ( like the one here. If you don't have it, that's fine, no worries. I can add one in later ;) OH, also I don't need any hampers in any of the rooms because I use that cheat supermagnetic hamper that automatically picks all of the clothes up so I only need a space for one in the laundry room :)

I'm so excited, thank you so much for spending your time on this for me <3

@StephSteb , You're welcome.

Lol, I'm a little confused. The one bedroom on the main floor you said would be a nursery/kids room (crib + bed), and that the other two bedrooms would be for teens/YA as they grew up. But now you're saying that not even teens will use those other bedrooms? So basically the other 2 bedrooms are just regular adult bedrooms then?

Ok, I have all that laundry stuff, so I will use what I can and just leave a space for a hamper.
  • Options
    Sorry, I meant once they grow up to teens I move them to a regular bedroom so yes, just regular adult bedrooms for the other rooms. I was saying that you can throw the teen stuff into the first floor nursery/kids room if you would like but I don't have to have another room as a teen room. My sims don't stay teens for long so it's not really a big deal to me if their room isn't "for teens" as they are only a teen for like 5 days lol. Apologies <3
  • Options
    OH, also if it helps, you can go ahead and put a hamper in the laundry area and I'll just switch it out for the supermagnetic one :)
  • Options
    @StephSteb , ok gotcha! Thanks for explaining. :)
  • Options
    Hi @StephSteb , I have a few pictures posted with questions for you here.
  • Options
    @Sandraelle Oh, that looks lovely so far! I like B, the dark brown the most for the roof <3
  • Options
  • Options
    Also, for the exterior paint, can we go a little lighter blue? Sorry to be a bother, it really looks great so far!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    @StephSteb, Thanks for your speedy response! Is this shade of blue better, or would you like to go a little lighter?

P.S. And it's no bother. If this blue doesn't suit you, you can send me a picture of the color you had in mind. :)
    qo41ZsU.jpg
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    @Sandraelle That's perfect! I love it <3

I'm not getting notifications for some reason (this has been happening for quite awhile and I have no idea how to fix it) so I keep popping in and out to check the thread, lol. I guess I caught it right when you posted :D
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    @StephSteb , I have 3 rooms on the garage level and thought that floor might need a powder room. Ok to add another bath?

EDIT: Thought of another question. For the alchemy room, do you want anything else in there besides the Alchemy Station and some storage? For example, do you also want the magic cauldron and/or the soothsayer's crystal ball? The room size is 6x7. Thanks!
    Post edited by Sandraelle on
  • Options
    @StephSteb , I have 3 rooms on the garage level and thought that floor might need a powder room. Ok to add another bath?

EDIT: Thought of another question. For the alchemy room, do you want anything else in there besides the Alchemy Station and some storage? For example, do you also want the magic cauldron and/or the soothsayer's crystal ball? The room size is 6x7. Thanks!

Absolutely, that would be great :)

Yes, you can put the crystal ball table and decorations. The only thing I really need is the alchemy station and storage so I'm ok with whatever in there :D
  • Options

Absolutely, that would be great :)

Yes, you can put the crystal ball table and decorations. The only thing I really need is the alchemy station and storage so I'm ok with whatever in there :D

@StephSteb, Ok thanks Steph! I think I'll leave out the cauldron then and just add the crystal ball.