Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Update Tuesday 8/24

13...Next

Comments

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nice they are taking the right steps to get that bug fixed.
    I don't know. I think only addressing the stairs glitch is a misstep.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,442 Member
    I've noticed that often there are other tweaks and tuning done that's not mentioned in the patch notes so it's possible we got some of that too. Maybe there's some content prep in there as well for the refresh.

Either way, any patch we get for a Sims game with this much content is hardly simplistic. Hopefully we'll get another patch with more bug fixes soon.
    #Team Occult
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    One bug fixed for the whole month. One. Wow. How amazing! hahahaha
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    Gosh, I wish they’d finally get that bug fixed for gardening. I don’t worry about updating mods or anything, cause I don’t use them, but I haven’t played in the last couple of weeks cause of my plants reverting to dirt piles in the greenhouse. Even then, I was making more community lots so I haven’t really played in HoB yet. I don’t remember having the stairs problem, but the garden reverting to dirt piles has been very off putting.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,957 Member
    Did the patch break anything?
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    apparantly there is something relating to the critters in OR in the patch code, so there is definately more to this patch than just the bug fix and the artwork.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    apparantly there is something relating to the critters in OR in the patch code, so there is definately more to this patch than just the bug fix and the artwork.

Maybe this patch is like our pond ducklings.... all calm and serene on the surface (what we see) but lots of busy paddling happening under the surface (what we don't see). :D
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Scobre wrote: »
    Nice they are taking the right steps to get that bug fixed.
    I don't know. I think only addressing the stairs glitch is a misstep.
    That is hystairical. :lol:
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Dragonfire2lmDragonfire2lm Posts: 158 Member
    (PS4 Simmer( a 5GB update for a painting and one bug fix.

My first attempt at playing cottage living was aborted because the chicken coop was bugged and made it unplayable. My second save was deleted due my teenager not aging up when they should (not even reloading the game or using the birthday candles on a cake worked), I've noticed that plants out in the street would revert back to dirt piles....

And still no UI scaling for console, bugs are everywhere, and the update is just... a painting, one listed bug fix and something in the code about insects....Welp, here's hoping the bugs don't take a year to fix like Vampires did,
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Y’all making jokes on here and I love it 😂.

In all seriousness I wish we had more than one bug fix for sure but I am glad they addressed this one. It was a bit jarring when it would happen. Hopefully September is huge and fixes some of the more serious issues.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    This bug was making the game extremely frustrating for me to play. I had to follow everyone around the house and that was too much! I’m so glad it’s fixed.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I'm all for bug fixes and additional content being patched into the game, but, really? One bug fix and one art piece?

I think this is going to give people hope for an almighty September patch, and if it isn't, EA might be hiding under the stairs they've just fixed :D
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    LynnPlayz1 wrote: »
    Well I guess the stair bug is fixed. But I'm not sitting through a half hour update just for that.

Normally when I update, it takes ages and goes through every extra pack that I have...this one did not. It just went through and updated the base game and was relatively quick.

All the same, slow internet + slow computer = despair
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    So. My sims still teleport. They don't even have any staircase nor do they have any ladder.

Another thing is that after the update the floor gets dusty twice a DAY!
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    So. My sims still teleport. They don't even have any staircase nor do they have any ladder.

Another thing is that after the update the floor gets dusty twice a DAY!

WHAT!?

I just updated and I swear to you EA, I will drive down there and bop you all on the snoot!
  • LynnPlayz1LynnPlayz1 Posts: 548 Member
    edited August 2021
    I just love it when it says 100% complete and yet has an estimated time remaining of 15 minutes -_-

Edit: Make that 30 minutes dear gosh